Marvin Bartley on Newsnight

JimmyCant

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Isma also spoke about it. 

Bump that thread...... 

Isma certainly spoke out about it yes.  He certainly made a claim and a claim was all it was.

Most black players at this club do not make such claims as they have amazing times at this club and experience no racism.

Surely if we are as bad as Isma claimed then it should be constant abuse at all black players?

Uche = :love:

Isma = *****

Edited by i8hibsh

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Jambo 4 Ever

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Isma certainly spoke out about it yes.  He certainly made a claim and claim was all it was.

Most black players at this club do not make such claims as they have amazing times at this club and experience no racism.

Surely if we werre as bad as Isma claimed then it should be constant abuse at all black players?

Isma = *****

Hopefully all the racist “fans” have been banned now 

Isma just never took to our club and I don't think as a fan base we ever took to him.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Isma certainly spoke out about it yes.  He certainly made a claim and a claim was all it was.

Surely if we are as bad as Isma claimed then it should be constant abuse at all black players?

Isma = *****

As I said, always an excuse not to believe a player.

Folk will just make one up that they believe and makes them feel comfortable.

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Isma just never took to our club and I don't think as a fan base we ever took to him.

No excuse for any abuse though 

The logic just does not stack up.  Why do the racists seem to pick and choose players?  Surely a racist ais a racist? I know not one fan who does not love Mark de Vries.

It is Donald Trump logic.  Seemingly he is the most sexist, racist, Mexican hating man on the planet yet why did so many blacks, hispanics and women vote for him?

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

As I said, always an excuse not to believe a player.

Folk will just make one up that they believe and makes them feel comfortable.

No, the right thing to do is investigate and uncover facts. 

No one should be believed.

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, i8hibsh said:

The logic just does not stack up.  Why do the racists seem to pick and choose players?  Surely a racist ais a racist? I know not one fan who does not love Mark de Vries.

It is Donald Trump logic.  Seemingly he is the most sexist, racist, Mexican hating man on the planet yet why did so many blacks, hispanics and women vote for him?

Trump was a twit 

5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

No excuse for any abuse though 

Agreed, if there was abuse it is disgusting.

And I mean IF.

Edited by i8hibsh

Hectormasson
22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Prob not as many as you think, on the other hand I'd say prob ably a lot of Jewish, Irish,Italian, Americans were the main voters who got him in ....

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No, the right thing to do is investigate and uncover facts. 

No one should be believed.

I actually heard racist abuse pointed at Djoum and Isma so I don't need to investigate and undercover facts.

I've heard lots of racist abuse at football over the years so in terms of recognizing if racism is an issue at football and believing that part of our support can be horrible *******s I don't need to look beyond my personal experience.

Ofc, I cannot vouch for individual incidents, I never witnessed every single one.

5 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Prob not as many as you think, on the other hand I'd say prob ably a lot of Jewish, Irish,Italian, Americans were the main voters who got him in ....

From 2016 to 2020 - so 4 years after this Hitler, racist, sexist fascist was in power his vote demographic went up in all areas except white men.

Change from 2016:

White Men -5
White Women +2
Black Men +4
Black Women +4
Latino Men +3
Latino Women +3

Edited by i8hibsh

27 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We may be have been loved but I'm also aware of the "nickname" Marky the D*rky being used within our support. Very outdated and racist. You don't have to hate someone to be racist to them. 

Ron Burgundy
Just now, fast_blood said:

We may be have been loved but I'm also aware of the "nickname" Marky the D*rky being used within our support. Very outdated and racist. You don't have to hate someone to be racist to them. 

I can honestly say I have never heard anyone call him that. Ever.

Never heard that in my puff and I drank in Robbos pre and post every home game and travelled to many an away game .

How many people used this 'nickname'?  Hardly a nickname within our support, more someone's nickname for him.

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I can honestly say I have never heard anyone call him that. Ever.

Thats fine that you haven't. I have though. Just because you haven't heard something doesn't mean it has been said. I'm not saying hundreds of people would have said it. 

It is safe to say I have on many an occasion enjoyed drinks with the more 'colourful/lively and loud' sections of our support and I never once heard a bad word about Mark de Vries.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Never heard that in my puff and I drank in Robbos pre and post every home game and travelled to many an away game .

How many people used this 'nickname'?  Hardly a nickname within our support, more someone's nickname for him.

I'm glad you haven't heard it. I have heard it amongst a small group many years ago. I wouldn't call it a nickname either that's why I used "" 

4 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

New one on me. Where did you hear that? In the ground, in a pub?

Just now, GinRummy said:

The Harp and Castle.

Jambo 4 Ever
7 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

If ever heard again - record it and report it to the club and they will get them banned 

38 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

racist abuse is more likely to happen to a player who isn't performing. pretty obvious. mark de vries wouldnt have given someone that way inclined a reason to dish out abuse as often as a player like isma. 

Edited by Bill Bones

Just now, Bill Bones said:

racist abuse is more likely to happen to a player who isn't performing. pretty obvious. mark de vries wouldnt have given someone that way inclined a reason to dish out abuse as a player like isma. 

I would accept that but no doubt abuse in general to a player who just happens to be non white is often by default classed as racist abuse by many.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

In the pub. Very long time ago but that's not really the point. 

Savage Vince
47 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Isma = *****

It's incredible to think that you are a grown up person. You spout the most incredible stupidity on here. 

Hectormasson
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The Harp and Castle.

Retired home for old hibs so called casuals, is the harp and Castle, their welcome to it 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

How is the four in hand nowadays?

niblick1874
5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

This interview will blowover, racism won't. Its no surprise that Marvin Bartley probably got it worse at both ER and Tynecastle whilst wearing a Hibs strip against Hearts, in the same way Uche Ikpeazu and Clevid Dikomona got it worse at both ER and Tynecastle whilst playing Hibs wearing a Hearts strip. No football supporters of any club can take the moral high ground hear. All clubs have supporters who have shouted racial abuse either in the heat of the moment or pre- meditated. The bottom line is its wrong pure and simple. 

Are you telling me I can't take the moral high ground because I am a supporter of a football team. 

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How is the four in hand nowadays?

I've never been in so I've no idea. Are you suggesting I'm on the wind up aye? 

1 minute ago, fast_blood said:

I've never been in so I've no idea. Are you suggesting I'm on the wind up aye? 

Gotta be at least 5,000 posts on here till your credentials are validated.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I remember hearing De Vries getting racially abused during a game against Celtic. A few folk pointed the twat out to the stewards but they did nothing about it. It was Boxing Day and they probably couldn’t be arsed 

It happens in every stadium , society sucks.

I have heard our own players abused by our own fans, I also have no doubt Bartley will have heard racist chat from his own fans as well whenever anything goes wrong.I'm not having a go at Bartley it's actually good he is speaking his mind ( we need more of it ).

Edited by vegas-voss

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I remember hearing De Vries getting racially abused during a game against Celtic. A few folk pointed the twat out to the stewards but they did nothing about it. It was Boxing Day and they probably couldn’t be arsed 

Should have taken a recording of it or note of the seat number and then reported it 

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Should have taken a recording of it or note of the seat number and then reported it 

Unless he carried a dictaphone I doubt the Nokia 3310 had that capability.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Yeah, should have done

18 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

The point is there needs to be a general change in attitude that makes idiots think twice before they come out with shite like that. 

OmiyaHearts

I've heard racism at Tynecastle and away games quite a few times, usually shouted by nut jobs in our support and directed at our own players. It shouldn't be a surprise that opposition players are also victims.

I have no doubt any black player up here has been racially abused at most stadiums. That's the grim reality.

BTW, Bartley is also a creepy arsehole. 

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The point is there needs to be a general change in attitude that makes idiots think twice before they come out with shite like that. 

Guy called out in section D couple of seasons ago, actually must have made him take stock of his general attitude coz he improved as far as his general behaviour was concerned, certainly never any racial remarks after that.

1 minute ago, jamboozy said:

Guy called out in section D couple of seasons ago, actually must have made him take stock of his general attitude coz he improved as far as his general behaviour was concerned, certainly never any racial remarks after that.

Good, there needs to be more of that kind of thing but it can be problematic calling out the abuse. I certainly think high profile cases of fans being banned will make many think twice. 

Guest ToqueJambo
16 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Just been on national TV citing two separate cases of racism during Edinburgh derby matches, presumably by Hearts fans. 

Good.

John Findlay
52 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Are you telling me I can't take the moral high ground because I am a supporter of a football team. 

You know that is not what I am saying.

No football fan can take the moral high ground over a fan of another team when it comes to racism at football matches.

Byyy The Light
19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Good, there needs to be more of that kind of thing but it can be problematic calling out the abuse. I certainly think high profile cases of fans being banned will make many think twice. 

Or the club will get accused of sterilising the atmosphere...

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Isma = *****

To belittle Isma's words as a 'claim', as if it was probably made up, is the kind of denial and ignorance that allows racism to flourish unchallenged.

Black players at Hearts and elsewhere have had to put up with racism in football for many years.

I stood pitch side during a training session with a former Director of Football at Hearts when he screamed at David Obua calling him a black ^^^^ - the same week we played a home match with the first team wearing 'Kick Racism Out of Football' t-shirts.

That was considered normal behind the scenes and woe betide anyone making a complaint.

During my time at Hearts, I also received several racist joke and BNP style outrage texts from a former Hearts & Scotland player who was a regular 'inspirational speaker' for youth events at Tynecastle. Highlighting this fact was dismissed as causing trouble and, I quote, "PC-mageddon". 

I like to think things have changed but not 100% convinced.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Gotta be at least 5,000 posts on here till your credentials are validated.

Hahaha if you keep posting I'm sure my replies will take me close to 5000 😂 in all honesty, I like that you generally debate when questioned rather than disappear or take the huff.

I can assure you though that I'm not in any way Hibs. 

Jambo 4 Ever

Actually why stop at racist abusers being banned

anyone who shouts abuse should be banned - no matter what it is 

1 minute ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

To belittle Isma's words as a 'claim', as if it was probably made up, is the kind of denial and ignorance that allows racism to flourish unchallenged.

Black players at Hearts and elsewhere have had to put up with racism in football for many years.

I stood pitch side during a training session with a former Director of Football at Hearts when he screamed at David Obua calling him a black ^^^^ - the same week we played a home match with the first team wearing 'Kick Racism Out of Football' t-shirts.

That was considered normal behind the scenes and woe betide anyone making a complaint.

During my time at Hearts, I also received several racist joke and BNP style outrage texts from a former Hearts & Scotland player who was a regular 'inspirational speaker' for youth events at Tynecastle. Highlighting this fact was dismissed as causing trouble and, I quote, "PC-mageddon". 

He made an accusation; a subsequent investigation was carried out and no proof was uncovered.  What other word than "accusation" or "claim" are warranted here?

Are you not a fan or evidence?

I am suspicious of it all, not all racism claims in general obviously but I am of Isma’s one.

He weas playing poor, there was never real love between him and the fans and in my opinion he made it up.  I stress, in my opinion.

If his claim was around Section N then I would maybe give it more credence but his claim was that it happened in the and around the VIP area (section P maybe?) and this is quite laughable actually.  This is the least likely place for a racist comment to be made in the entire ground.

I am man enough to admit I may be wrong however but I have my opinion on it all the same.

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Name the person who shout that at OBua 

he should be named And shamed …

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Actually why stop at racist abusers being banned

anyone who shouts abuse should be banned - no matter what it is 

Oh ffs get real for goodness sake.

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Name the person who shout that at OBua 

he should be named And shamed …

He should certainly not be based on one person's account.