Marvin Bartley on Newsnight

JimmyCant

gordon simpson
2 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

I find it a bit weird that Hearts seem to be the go to scapegoats when it comes to racism.

especially when we have the 2 most bigoted and racist clubs in world football in our ranks  

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Jambo 4 Ever

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’re missing out entirely who made the accusations. We have a problem with racism, Marvin Bartley has a problem with both lying and abusing women. Why should anyone pay him any attention. 

Could say the same about Stan Collymore but the racist abuse he receives is there for all to see. Being white myself I don’t receive racist abuse, but having good mates who aren’t white I’ve seen indirectly the abuse and treatment they’ve received. People I’ve worked with who I thought were good people I’ve seen talk about people in a way that should disgust anyone. I’m not saying Bartley doesn’t have a criminal accusation against him - he does - but if you think it’s not possible for him to have been abused by fans at Tynecastle then that’s sticking your head in the sand. Pointing at his past is just deflecting from the real issue. And as I say he didn’t set out to have a go at Hearts, he was asked a direct question about abuse he’s received at games. The likelihood is he would receive abuse during big games, in front of large crowds (more chance with more people) and against rivals where the atmosphere is heated.

Anyone who has been around other fans in a pub after a game and they’ve had a few, not saying people you know or hang around with, but you will undoubtedly at some point heard a questionable song or joke or ‘banter’ that you think is not much but is probably just the tip of the iceberg. I had one workmate who seemed a great guy and then after a work night out he starts singing ‘football songs’ which included slagging off people from Pakistan and Jewish people. Would never in a million years have thought he would be like that, but there he was. These people aren’t always skinheads with bomber jackets and swastika tattoos, they’re damn near everywhere, just not always on the surface.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Could say the same about Stan Collymore but the racist abuse he receives is there for all to see. Being white myself I don’t receive racist abuse, but having good mates who aren’t white I’ve seen indirectly the abuse and treatment they’ve received. People I’ve worked with who I thought were good people I’ve seen talk about people in a way that should disgust anyone. I’m not saying Bartley doesn’t have a criminal accusation against him - he does - but if you think it’s not possible for him to have been abused by fans at Tynecastle then that’s sticking your head in the sand. Pointing at his past is just deflecting from the real issue. And as I say he didn’t set out to have a go at Hearts, he was asked a direct question about abuse he’s received at games. The likelihood is he would receive abuse during big games, in front of large crowds (more chance with more people) and against rivals where the atmosphere is heated.

Anyone who has been around other fans in a pub after a game and they’ve had a few, not saying people you know or hang around with, but you will undoubtedly at some point heard a questionable song or joke or ‘banter’ that you think is not much but is probably just the tip of the iceberg. I had one workmate who seemed a great guy and then after a work night out he starts singing ‘football songs’ which included slagging off people from Pakistan and Jewish people. Would never in a million years have thought he would be like that, but there he was. These people aren’t always skinheads with bomber jackets and swastika tattoos, they’re damn near everywhere, just not always on the surface.

I never said he wasn’t abused and I think it’s highly probable he was. It’s not deflection to suggest that a liar and abuser isn’t the best person to listen to on these matters. On the subject of Collymore, those who still give him media time should be ashamed of themselves. As you and others have said, almost all black players have been the victims of racist abuse, why should a conversation centre around Bartley or Collymore? 

I’ll ask again - if the conversation were reversed, would the media allow a platform to a convicted racist to start a discussion about men who abuse women?

BackOfTheNet
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I never said he wasn’t abused and I think it’s highly probable he was. It’s not deflection to suggest that a liar and abuser isn’t the best person to listen to on these matters. On the subject of Collymore, those who still give him media time should be ashamed of themselves. As you and others have said, almost all black players have been the victims of racist abuse, why should a conversation centre around Bartley or Collymore? 

I’ll ask again - if the conversation were reversed, would the media allow a platform to a convicted racist to start a discussion about men who abuse women?

But see, what you’re doing by asking that question is deflecting. Would I prefer someone else like say Mark Walters or Marcus Rashford on talking about these things? Most likely. But by moving the topic to Bartley’s accusations we’re no longer talking about racist abuse at football games, which is what the discussion should be about. That’s what I mean about deflection.

I would rather we as football fans talk about things like the example I gave with my co-worker, I called him out on what he was singing that night and he fobbed me off saying it’s just a football song and just a joke. I asked him “do you think you’re better than people who are Jewish of of Pakistani origin?” and he paused first before saying “no, no, of course not” but then fobbed me off again and went about his night unaffected. Back at work he treats me like I done the wrong thing and acted badly, thankfully I don’t work with him anymore. I felt I knew him (obviously not that well as that surprised me) but because of that I was comfortable enough to bring him up on it. What we need to talk about is how we nip these things in the bud with people we know, but also what steps can be taken when it’s strangers saying these things? As would I have been as comfortable calling out a blootered angry guy I didn’t know in a pub? Probably not as I’d fear a fight would start and I’m not in the business of getting into fights. So how do we sort those sorts of things out? I don’t have the answer. But sorting what we can sort (or at least try to, like I did with my co-worker) is where we need to start. So if Hearts fans are being racist, as a fellow Hearts fan I’m upset by that and want something done about it.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Brick Tamland
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

That was the point I was making on my post.
Bartley has a conviction for “threatening to ruin the life of a girl” and the convicting Judge said that Bartley could not be described as “a credible and reliable witness”.
There is no way he should be given a platform to spout about his alleged racism and if the conversation was reversed then there is absolutely no way a convicted or even an alleged racist would have a platform to discuss men who abuse women. I would hate to think Griffiths would ever be given the opportunity to discuss anything given his racist, thieving and deviant background. 

Brick Tamland
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

But see, what you’re doing by asking that question is deflecting. Would I prefer someone else like say Mark Walters or Marcus Rashford on talking about these things? Most likely. But by moving the topic to Bartley’s accusations we’re no longer talking about racist abuse at football games, which is what the discussion should be about. That’s what I mean about deflection.

I would rather we as football fans talk about things like the example I gave with my co-worker, I called him out on what he was singing that night and he fobbed me off saying it’s just a football song and just a joke. I asked him “do you think you’re better than people who are Jewish of of Pakistani origin?” and he paused first before saying “no, no, of course not” but then fobbed me off again and went about his night unaffected. Back at work he treats me like I done the wrong thing and acted badly, thankfully I don’t work with him anymore. I felt I knew him (obviously not that well as that surprised me) but because of that I was comfortable enough to bring him up on it. What we need to talk about is how we nip these things in the bud with people we know, but also what steps can be taken when it’s strangers saying these things? As would I have been as comfortable calling out a blootered angry guy I didn’t know in a pub? Probably not as I’d fear a fight would start and I’m not in the business of getting into fights. So how do we sort those sorts of things out? I don’t have the answer. But sorting what we can sort (or at least try to, like I did with my co-worker) is where we need to start. So if Hearts fans are being racist, as a fellow Hearts fan I’m upset by that and want something done about it.

I don’t think it’s deflection at all it’s about having a credible person speaking about it, Bartley is not credible. 

11 hours ago, 7628mm said:

Jolly nice of him to cite Hearts supporters as the racists. I am surprised that he did not come out and applaud the Old Firm and all other Scottish clubs for being really nice to him whenever he played  in games against them.

Perhaps having played for Hibs he is agenda driven

I think you're being a bit unfair. He was on Radio Scotland yesterday and mentioned a Hibs fan giving a black Hearts player abuse, and how that Hibs fan was banned from Easter Road for life.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I would rather we as football fans talk about things like the example I gave with my co-worker, I called him out on what he was singing that night and he fobbed me off saying it’s just a football song and just a joke. I asked him “do you think you’re better than people who are Jewish of of Pakistani origin?” and he paused first before saying “no, no, of course not” but then fobbed me off again and went about his night unaffected. Back at work he treats me like I done the wrong thing and acted badly, thankfully I don’t work with him anymore. I felt I knew him (obviously not that well as that surprised me) but because of that I was comfortable enough to bring him up on it. What we need to talk about is how we nip these things in the bud with people we know, but also what steps can be taken when it’s strangers saying these things? As would I have been as comfortable calling out a blootered angry guy I didn’t know in a pub? Probably not as I’d fear a fight would start and I’m not in the business of getting into fights. So how do we sort those sorts of things out? I don’t have the answer. But sorting what we can sort (or at least try to, like I did with my co-worker) is where we need to start. So if Hearts fans are being racist, as a fellow Hearts fan I’m upset by that and want something done about that.

If you’re insisting I’m deflecting then I’m not reading past your first line mate. I know there are racist hearts fans. There have been discussions and should be more discussion involving everyone from supporters to players and club officials. 

Marvin Bartley can’t be the one who kickstarts these discussions because he tells lies and is an abuser. Therefore anything he says is completely unreliable. 

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Racism is the only abuse that matters these days.  Abuse women and it’s quickly forgotten about. 

:berra:

That's a belter. 

How many women players recieved abuse at the Euros and are now getting abuse? 

How many women players get abused at a Hearts or hibs man's game? 

It's a bit strange that if you read the Hearts women's thread many getting worked up on here also get worked up on there and come out with similar ridiculous statements. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I don’t think it’s deflection at all it’s about having a credible person speaking about it, Bartley is not credible. 

Isma also spoke about it. 

Bump that thread...... 

Brick Tamland
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If you’re insisting I’m deflecting then I’m not reading past your first line mate. I know there are racist hearts fans. There have been discussions and should be more discussion involving everyone from supporters to players and club officials. 

Marvin Bartley can’t be the one who kickstarts these discussions because he tells lies and is an abuser. Therefore anything he says is completely unreliable. 

This 

Brick Tamland
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bump that thread...... 

And Isma would be far more credible than Bartley. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bump that thread...... 

exactly. Someone who’s not a confirmed liar and criminal. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Brick Tamland said:

And Isma would be far more credible than Bartley. 

Yip, and that Fred was a complete embarrasment with folk coming up with various other excuses to dismiss his views. 

Even if Bartley is a bum poker and likes to shout at women it doesn't mean his views on racism do not hold some truth. 

These threads end up with many folk looking for reasons to discredit the person airing them rather than the problem itself. 

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m not saying you’re denying racism or even intentionally deflecting. Look at this thread though - every post should have been about what experiences people may have had/seen and how we stamp them out. Instead, they’re all about Bartley and how he’s not a trustworthy source. So the original point of the thread and the topic at hand has been deflected. I’ve tried to steer it back on topic but people would rather make jokes about Bartley’s ‘points’.

The outrage here is not that what he said was probably not true, more that he chose to site it happening at Tynecastle . I can understand why Hearts supporters would be upset by that because I would be willing to bet that he has been racially abused by the Hibs support never mind travelling fans. I think they guy just put his point forward slightly wrongly. He should probably have just said I have been the recipient of racist abuse while playing in Scotland, rather than at a particular ground in Scotland because there is no way he has not received the same sort of stuff at other football grounds in my opinion. As an ex Hibs player it is cheap points scoring for me, far better he had made the point that it is something that is present throughout Scottish football?

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not in the slightest. I’m just saying reacting to accusations of racism against elements of our support with anything other than a need to get our house in order isn’t right. Making excuses or whatabouttery (even if points about other clubs are valid) helps no one. We can’t sort out society, but we can call things out when we see it or are made aware of it, rather than sweeping it under the carpet by saying there’s only a minority and it’s not really an issue we can do anything about.

None of which I said.

Quite the opposite actually. 

Pasquale for King

The club definitely looked into this, if he has proof he should go to the police. 
For someone that was convicted of harassing his bit on the side and sexually assaulted someone live on tv I think they could’ve chosen someone better for his role. 

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

I think you're being a bit unfair. He was on Radio Scotland yesterday and mentioned a Hibs fan giving a black Hearts player abuse, and how that Hibs fan was banned from Easter Road for life.

I believe it’s happened three times, once to Uche then Dikamona and before that Scott Sinclair. They also threw a coconut onto the pitch at Tynecastle recently. 
He would do well to get his facts right as he could be sued by the club if there’s no proof which seems to be the case. 
I know for a fact we have racists fans but whether they vocalise it has to proved to be taken seriously.,

Edited by Pasquale for King

I do remember during the 1-0 game (Berra/Cowie/McGinn OG) he got substituted by Lennon because he was shite, and was getting booed and abuse every time he touched the ball. Couldn't handle it, his head went and on his way off the whole stadium was shouting 'BEAST, BEAST, BEAST'.

Personally didn't hear any racism around me but I'm sure if there was going to be a game he was referring to this could be one of them.

SWEEEEEEEET CAROLINEEE 🎵

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The club definitely looked into this, if he has proof he should go to the police. 
For someone that was convicted of harassing his bit on the side and sexually assaulted someone live on tv I think they could’ve chosen someone better for his role. 

He did go to the police, it went to court.  Pretty sure the boy got off because the judge couldn't prove it was his voice, despite being shown on his snapchat and filmed on his device.  The video was widely circulated and genuinely abhorrent, no wonder it sticks in Bartley's mind tbh. What's he meant to do, not mention it in case it offends decent Hearts fans?

There are racists in our support I know that from my own experience. 

A black player claims he hears racist abuse, I don't give a shit about his history, I believe him.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

He did go to the police, it went to court.  Pretty sure the boy got off because the judge couldn't prove it was his voice, despite being shown on his snapchat and filmed on his device.  The video was widely circulated and genuinely abhorrent, no wonder it sticks in Bartley's mind tbh. What's he meant to do, not mention it in case it offends decent Hearts fans?

Did I not say the police should be involved? I forgot about this, can’t see if the club banned the guy which they can do without the requirement of a conviction. 
He should get his facts right and mention the many instances of it by his beloved Hibs fans and the weekly singing of songs by the uglies that are both sectarian and racist. If he did that he would off the BBC and out this SFA job in a matter of weeks. 
You can’t just point out certain instances and not others. 
If he wasn’t a convicted criminal and a sex offender his opinion would also carry more weight. 
It is abhorrent no doubt about that. 

Can we not just have one big 'racism' superthread?  Or perhaps change this into a political and racial forum and be done with the football?

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did I not say the police should be involved? I forgot about this, can’t see if the club banned the guy which they can do without the requirement of a conviction. 
He should get his facts right and mention the many instances of it by his beloved Hibs fans and the weekly singing of songs by the uglies that are both sectarian and racist. If he did that he would off the BBC and out this SFA job in a matter of weeks. 
You can’t just point out certain instances and not others. 
If he wasn’t a convicted criminal and a sex offender his opinion would also carry more weight. 
It is abhorrent no doubt about that. 

I just don't get the outrage tbh. He was asked about his experiences, why would that include the Glasgow clubs being bigoted?  In court he said it was the worst example of racism he'd ever had directed at him, it's natural it'd come up if talking about his experiences.

He done a View from the terrace special about racism before and spoke well, including talking about Hibs fans who'd done it. 

Bartley is maybe a better pundit than some of the jokers down south that are on TV only because they tick boxes but he's got his baggage. The BBC banned Mikey S for months because he insulted Jabba Traynor at Sevco but Marvin's convictions are swept under the rug because his face fits. Typical BBC hypocrisy. 

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Can we not just have one big 'racism' superthread?  Or perhaps change this into a political and racial forum and be done with the football?

Give it up man 😆 It's easy enough ignored if you don't want to interact about it, give the attention seeking act a rest.

Doesn't he have a history of harassing women and sexually assaulting opponent players?

Not sure I'd believe a word that he says tbh.

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

Doesn't he have a history of harassing women and sexually assaulting opponent players?

Sadly, this is looking like another thread to beat up our own fans with Cosa.  Think i'll sign out of this one.

I happen to think that as a whole we have a fanbase to be mighty proud of.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I just don't get the outrage tbh. He was asked about his experiences, why would that include the Glasgow clubs being bigoted?  In court he said it was the worst example of racism he'd ever had directed at him, it's natural it'd come up if talking about his experiences.

He done a View from the terrace special about racism before and spoke well, including talking about Hibs fans who'd done it. 

Because being anti Irish/British is racist, does he wear earplugs when he plays against them? 
You can’t pick and choose what bits you talk about. 

BackOfTheNet
20 minutes ago, 151 said:

I do remember during the 1-0 game (Berra/Cowie/McGinn OG) he got substituted by Lennon because he was shite, and was getting booed and abuse every time he touched the ball. Couldn't handle it, his head went and on his way off the whole stadium was shouting 'BEAST, BEAST, BEAST'.

Personally didn't hear any racism around me but I'm sure if there was going to be a game he was referring to this could be one of them.

SWEEEEEEEET CAROLINEEE 🎵

I remember the game. I also remember quite a few amending the “bah bah bah” bit to Sweet Caroline to something Rangers fans sing. Probably not the best example of showing what our support can be like.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Sadly, this is looking like another thread to beat up our own fans with Cosa.  Think i'll sign out of this one.

I happen to think that as a whole we have a fanbase to be mighty proud of.

It might be true, we have some proper scumbags in our support. 

I just don't think a guy with his history of behavior is all that reliable a witness.

In fact, I'm surprised a guy like that is allowed to be invited on newsnight.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m not saying you’re denying racism or even intentionally deflecting. Look at this thread though - every post should have been about what experiences people may have had/seen and how we stamp them out. Instead, they’re all about Bartley and how he’s not a trustworthy source. So the original point of the thread and the topic at hand has been deflected. I’ve tried to steer it back on topic but people would rather make jokes about Bartley’s ‘points’.

No it shouldn’t. Every post should’ve been about why a convicted abuser is still sought out by the media to comment about racism and football. It’s you that’s off topic. 

4 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I just don't think a guy with his history of behavior is all that reliable a witness.

I know for a fact we do as I have witnessed it.  In general I am proud of our support though.

Bartley will now be flavour of the month  - we seem to always need one.

He can shine his halo all he wants he doesn't fool me.

Edited by i8hibsh

11 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

And lying about it in court which led the sheriff to comment that he found him to be “not a reliable witness”.

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I remember the game. I also remember quite a few amending the “bah bah bah” bit to Sweet Caroline to something Rangers fans sing. Probably not the best example of showing what our support can be like.

Was just **** the Hibs around me but I was in the Gorgie stand that day so I suppose in other areas it may well have the version you are alluding to. Sure i've seen a Youtube video from the main stand that day of the alternative rendition.

6 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

It is true, no might about it, there was a video of it, it was absolutely disgusting. He might be a dodgy character, it doesn't mean he wasn't racially abused, and no one is using it as a stick to beat Hearts with, even Bartley. He was asked about his own experiences of racism in football.

Bizarre that acknowledging this happened somehow makes you anti-Hearts.

BackOfTheNet
14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No it shouldn’t. Every post should’ve been about why a convicted abuser is still sought out by the media to comment about racism and football. It’s you that’s off topic. 

Evidently no point carrying on this discussion then. You and others can use this thread to talk about the bad man Bartley is. Just like the Isma thread was used to talk about how he wasn’t a great player for us, rather than in both cases the topic of racism being discussed it was again avoided.

13 minutes ago, 151 said:

Was just **** the Hibs around me but I was in the Gorgie stand that day so I suppose in other areas it may well have the version you are alluding to. Sure i've seen a Youtube video from the main stand that day of the alternative rendition.

Was loud and clear where I was in Wheatfield.

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

If I didnt like JJ because he was white, would that make me a racist?

I suppose it would but just to complete the picture, i am embarassingly white.  What if I was black?

While I deplore racism, I find it all a bit one-sided.  The only racism I have ever experienced personally has bern directed at me from Maori people.

Just saying.

This is like a 17 year old gay guy paying to sleep with a female prostitute.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Evidently no point carrying on this discussion then. You and others can use this thread to talk about the bad man Bartley is. Just like the Isma thread was used to talk about how he wasn’t a great player for us, rather than in both cases the topic of racism being discussed it was again avoided.

Was loud and clear where I was in Wheatfield.

Start another thread then. This thread is titled Marvin Bartley on Newsnight. You think we should discuss what someone has to say while ignoring the fact many of us don’t think Bartley should have the platform to say it. I get trying to belittle that by calling him ‘bad man’ but ironically that’s exactly what he is. He’s proven himself to be of dubious character and untruthful. 

Edited by GinRummy

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, Nobreath said:

There are racists in our support I know that from my own experience. 

A black player claims he hears racist abuse, I don't give a shit about his history, I believe him.

I think you have to look a bit deeper into the character of the person than just their skin tone. Are you saying you would believe a black person over a white person simply because of their skin colour?

That's racist.

BackOfTheNet
31 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Start another thread then. This thread is titled Marvin Bartley on Newsnight. You think we should discuss what someone has to say while ignoring the fact many of us don’t think Bartley should have the platform to say it. I get trying to belittle that by calling him ‘bad man’ but ironically that’s exactly what he is. He’s proven himself to be of dubious character and untruthful. 

Okay that’s your prerogative to think that’s what the thread is to be about and evidently I’m in the minority that thinks the topic is the content of the original post rather than just the headline. And what’s the point of starting another thread? As proven by the Isma one it’ll just be derailed by other whatabouttery and deflection. Anything than to admit that there’s a racism problem in football and some Hearts fans are part of that. And I mean more than saying things like “well obviously some Hearts fans are racist, but…” or “no one is saying there isn’t racism, but..” It’s a serious discussion everyone should have but people would rather avoid it. Saying “there’s a problem, yes” but then discussing anything but that problem isn’t addressing it at all.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

10 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I think you have to look a bit deeper into the character of the person than just their skin tone. Are you saying you would believe a black person over a white person simply because of their skin colour?

That's racist.

That’s a good point regardless of the individual being discussed here.

Gordon Ramsay
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Spot on. 

Bartley's a bellend and shouldn't be given a platform to preach to people. 

I'm sure there are plenty of other candidates out there willing to have their voice heard who are 10 times the man/woman he is. 

Savage Vince
3 hours ago, Shanks said:

Racism is the only abuse that matters these days.  Abuse women and it’s quickly forgotten about. 

It is on this forum. 

31 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Okay that’s your prerogative to think that’s what the thread is to be about and evidently I’m in the minority that thinks the topic is the content of the original post rather than just the headline. And what’s the point of starting another thread? As proven by the Isma one it’ll just be derailed by other whatabouttery and deflection. Anything than to admit that there’s a racism problem in football and some Hearts fans are part of that. And I mean more than saying things like “well obviously some Hearts fans are racist, but…” or “no one is saying there isn’t racism, but..” It’s a serious discussion everyone should have but people would rather avoid it. Saying “there’s a problem, yes” but then discussing anything but that problem isn’t addressing it at all.

There are plenty very on topic threads on this forum discussing racism, both in football and out. Fwiw I’m happy to discuss racism and racism at tynecastle on this thread with you. I just wasn’t willing to concede the point that Bartley shouldn’t be given the media coverage. There inevitably whataboutery when fingers are pointed at hearts but by the same token we have all heard fellow fans being racist. 

Jambo 4 Ever

Let’s hope any “people” who racially abuses anyone at tynecastle is barred for life 

No excuses

doesn’t matter what the away fans do.

I have recorded people in the past making monkey chants and sent it to the club and they were grateful and those “fans” were banned.

id urge everyone else to do the same 

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

It is true, no might about it, there was a video of it, it was absolutely disgusting. He might be a dodgy character, it doesn't mean he wasn't racially abused, and no one is using it as a stick to beat Hearts with, even Bartley. He was asked about his own experiences of racism in football.

Bizarre that acknowledging this happened somehow makes you anti-Hearts.

It doesn't make you anti-Hearts in my book. I just think Bartley is of seriously low character.