• BackOfTheNet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

niblick1874
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

I will think on it

Oh well. So much for that idea. 

Geddyalexneil

Reading through all this with great interest.

Firstly of course racist/sectarian and homophobic comments or songs are wrong. Simple as that.

I think it is easy to distinguish between someone having a go at a player for say missing a penalty. You know calling the player a "useless B" to racists who will add the person's colour to their comment. 

Now I agree that shouting abuse at a player is a very football thing sport wise, but for me it depends on what is being shouted. Do I feel guilty for having sang at Griffiths telling him that he looks like a thumb? Nope! Do I feel bad about the time I joined in with a whole stadium (including the away fans) in telling Andy Walker that he was a "winkler"? Nope!

There can be passion, and even some abuse but for me there is never need for racist etc crap to go on. 

I remember years ago that Fulton was getting it tight at Fester Road and he was laughing and joined in (in spite of a referee with an apparent lack of a sense of humour who booked him) by pulling his shirt over his head. To me taking the urine is part of the game and as long as it doesn't cross certain boundaries then it is OK. I have read of opposition players saying they like the atmosphere in big games at Tynie as the atmosphere gets them riled up to play harder. 

Things can be on occasion look bad. I had a mate with me at a game (I can't remember who it was we were playing) but the black player on the opposition side was getting booed regularly and my mate didn't understand what was being sung at him at points. It was simply something to do with his parentage and his affiliation having played for the wea team. 

My mate thought it was us booing the guy as he was black, it was simply due to him being ex wea teamer (which happens to any ex of theirs no matter colour/creed etc who has got up our noses at any points). I did point out to my mate that the player himself had laughed knowing why he was getting booed. 

It reminds me of the discussions on certain songs and their place (or not) at Tynie. I have always said there are plenty of songs we can sing in support of the team along with songs that remind the wea team that it should have been 10 or the zombies that they died and the Hearts survived etc to give the team some noisy backing. There is no need whatsoever for racist or sectarian songs to be sung. No one wants a "library" but we do not need any bigoted songs (or shouting) to stop that from happening. 

Racism is a cultural problem but if we can at least at football try harder to make it clear that it is unwanted that would be a start. Hope this post makes sense... I am sure if it doesn't someone will say😀!

Bazzas right boot

I'd be ok with fans giving abuse to players if the players could go all Eric Cantona on them.

The problem is that the ones that shout and spit abuse for 90 minutes are the  first ones to be crying for a red card and shouting that it' terrible and unprofessional" when the football players give it back.

I remember the amount of folk who abused Boyd but where greetin at the ref when he gave a bit back with the belly celebration, Swanson as well. It was hilarious to watch, I thought one was gonna explode.

I'd be all for full abuse if the players could wave their pay cheque in the dafties face and call them a fat, pigged faced badly pricks.

If they give racial abuse the player should be allowed to put his size 10 boot in his bawz, pick him out from the crowd, ask him to come down for 2 minutes, 2 minute time out hockey styleee with fans.

Watch the big fat racist pricks be out of breathe before he had time to turn around and run away!

BackOfTheNet
52 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'd be ok with fans giving abuse to players if the players could go all Eric Cantona on them.

The problem is that the ones that shout and spit abuse for 90 minutes are the  first ones to be crying for a red card and shouting that it' terrible and unprofessional" when the football players give it back.

I remember the amount of folk who abused Boyd but where greetin at the ref when he gave a bit back with the belly celebration, Swanson as well. It was hilarious to watch, I thought one was gonna explode.

I'd be all for full abuse if the players could wave their pay cheque in the dafties face and call them a fat, pigged faced badly pricks.

If they give racial abuse the player should be allowed to put his size 10 boot in his bawz, pick him out from the crowd, ask him to come down for 2 minutes, 2 minute time out hockey styleee with fans.

Watch the big fat racist pricks be out of breathe before he had time to turn around and run away!

I’m in favour of this idea. A lot of fans suffer from entitlement issues. Often justify it by saying these players get paid a lot so can take the abuse, which doesn’t actually make any sense. But you’re right, the same bellends who bellow out the most horrific, seething abuse throughout a match are the most sensitive when a player blows a kiss or gives a wink or the ssshhh signal. I get angry at games, I shout FFS or “what the **** was that?!?” Or “you’ve got to be **** kidding me?!?” at the referee. It’s quite a nice release. But I’ve had a few seasons down in different seats within the first 5 rows and the grown men that will actually take time out of watching the game to shout a abuse at usually some nobody player playing for Motherwell of or something, I just don’t get why anyone wants to do that.

Under the floodlight
1 hour ago, sassenach said:

There's plenty of abuse at Rugby League, just less swearing.

Cricket too - the odd comment to a fielder on the boundary. And then there's sledging between players.

It's all part of trying to gain a little psychological advantage over the opposition.  I'd say it happens in most sports at some time, just to different degrees.

There seems to be a pattern emerging.

Everything is OK people, Boris is going to ban all persons that post racist comments on social media from attending football matches. Yes they are all going to get football banning orders

That will learn them, no mistake.

I wonder what percentage of these keyboard racists actually attend football matches I hear you ask.

Not very many I would suggest so perhaps thousands of racists who are to be found at home in their soiled underwear in front of their computers will be forced to remain at home in their soiled underwear in front of their computers where they have always been.

Hopefully these racists will be unable to make any more racist comments on line but Boris has made a career out of creating headlines and then doing the sum total of FA about it.

Doctor FinnBarr
4 hours ago, Geddyalexneil said:

Reading through all this with great interest.

Firstly of course racist/sectarian and homophobic comments or songs are wrong. Simple as that.

I think it is easy to distinguish between someone having a go at a player for say missing a penalty. You know calling the player a "useless B" to racists who will add the person's colour to their comment. 

Now I agree that shouting abuse at a player is a very football thing sport wise, but for me it depends on what is being shouted. Do I feel guilty for having sang at Griffiths telling him that he looks like a thumb? Nope! Do I feel bad about the time I joined in with a whole stadium (including the away fans) in telling Andy Walker that he was a "winkler"? Nope!

There can be passion, and even some abuse but for me there is never need for racist etc crap to go on. 

I remember years ago that Fulton was getting it tight at Fester Road and he was laughing and joined in (in spite of a referee with an apparent lack of a sense of humour who booked him) by pulling his shirt over his head. To me taking the urine is part of the game and as long as it doesn't cross certain boundaries then it is OK. I have read of opposition players saying they like the atmosphere in big games at Tynie as the atmosphere gets them riled up to play harder. 

Things can be on occasion look bad. I had a mate with me at a game (I can't remember who it was we were playing) but the black player on the opposition side was getting booed regularly and my mate didn't understand what was being sung at him at points. It was simply something to do with his parentage and his affiliation having played for the wea team. 

My mate thought it was us booing the guy as he was black, it was simply due to him being ex wea teamer (which happens to any ex of theirs no matter colour/creed etc who has got up our noses at any points). I did point out to my mate that the player himself had laughed knowing why he was getting booed. 

It reminds me of the discussions on certain songs and their place (or not) at Tynie. I have always said there are plenty of songs we can sing in support of the team along with songs that remind the wea team that it should have been 10 or the zombies that they died and the Hearts survived etc to give the team some noisy backing. There is no need whatsoever for racist or sectarian songs to be sung. No one wants a "library" but we do not need any bigoted songs (or shouting) to stop that from happening. 

Racism is a cultural problem but if we can at least at football try harder to make it clear that it is unwanted that would be a start. Hope this post makes sense... I am sure if it doesn't someone will say😀!

Wea is spelt wee. Hope this helps :greggy:

2 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

5 pages on marvin f****** bartley. 

🙄

So, you’ve read the title and counted the pages and not much else then ?

WoolfordsHearts
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

So, you’ve read the title and counted the pages and not much else then ?

Yip.

Geddyalexneil
12 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Wea is spelt wee. Hope this helps :greggy:

True!

I did it more than once as well!