Josh Ginnelly

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

So glad he came back to us, he's going to be a massive player this season. He speaks well too, I like the bit about Brora and nobody letting that happen again.

Sometimes we land a player and everything just clicks. I d got strong reeking Ginnelly could be one of those players. 

Really happy with Ginnelly - attitude, effort and product. Hopefully he can turn it on against Celtic in a couple of weeks.

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Sometimes we land a player and everything just clicks. I d got strong reeking Ginnelly could be one of those players. 

You reckon he smells do you 😆

JamboAndrew

Exactly the type of player I pay to see. If we can find a few more like him then we are getting to where I want. Yes he will get his injuries. Yes he will be in and out of form. But yes he provides excitement. I always cut players like him slack as I know what they can bring on their day. Rslly hope he stays fit.

Some players just click and fit the club.  I really like Ginnelly, I just hope he stays injury free.

1 minute ago, JamboAndrew said:

Exactly the type of player I pay to see. If we can find a few more like him then we are getting to where I want. Yes he will get his injuries. Yes he will be in and out of form. But yes he provides excitement. I always cut players like him slack as I know what they can bring on their day. Rslly hope he stays fit.

Yip he provides excitement and he puts real effort and desire in, really hope he stays fit too 👍

RustyRightPeg

Most impressive thing for me, he squared their fullback up one on one after five minutes, beat him on the outside and knew he had him for pace for the rest of the game. Exactly what you want from your winger

(by the way credit to their LB, I was impressed with how he stuck at it all evening blocking a lot of his crosses)

9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Brilliant. He is going to absolutely LOVE a full tynie on top form when that day finally comes around again... 

CloustonHMFC

Gino loves Hearts. He was playing the Hearts song on stream during the summer when he had a stint on twitch. What a guy and what a player.

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

So glad he came back to us, he's going to be a massive player this season. He speaks well too, I like the bit about Brora and nobody letting that happen again.

Definitely, keep him fit and he will

do really well.
Loved the way he picked Pollock up 

after he hit the post and ruffled his hair, seems like a great guy. 
He looked a bit in awe as he looked at the different stands as they started singing the Hearts song. 

He seems to me that he presents the same drive and danger that Sterling does.

After that cup final performance I have the highest of high hopes for him.

When we're playing in a more end to end game v our rival sides that will play to win, that's probably when we'll see the best of him, on the counter where he'll have space to stretch his legs. 

Delighted we signed him, hopefully he stays fit. 

No Idle Talk

I like him but certainly didn't think he was MOTM tonight. I can think of at least three players who I thought were better than him. 

Excited to see what he can do this season.

Good player but may get niggling injuries throughout the season, seems to be checking his bits worryingly frequently during the game tonight. 

jamboinglasgow

I thought he was good tonight but also got the sense that he is still looking get up to his best level like last season, but it is understandable after a long injury and exciting to see more from him.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Most impressive thing for me, he squared their fullback up one on one after five minutes, beat him on the outside and knew he had him for pace for the rest of the game. Exactly what you want from your winger

(by the way credit to their LB, I was impressed with how he stuck at it all evening blocking a lot of his crosses)

Aye the no 3 was hanging out his arse by the time he went off.

It’s been a while since we have had a player like him and his attributes.  Really looking forward to seeing him and GMS in a full Tynecastle. 

It's what we need, bit pace and drive down the wing. He has confidence to take folk on, have to be realistic when looking at tonight's opponents but with him and a fully fit GMS in the team things could be looking good for the season ahead!

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Good player but may get niggling injuries throughout the season, seems to be checking his bits worryingly frequently during the game tonight. 

Just trying to tuck it back up into his waistband after hearing the Hearts song being belted out. 

Greedy Jambo

Has potential, if he can make better decisions and hit the target more...

well i suppose he wouldn't be playing for us. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
4 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Thats the face of a man who has just realised tynecastle has one of the best atmospheres in British football. 

Harry Potter
8 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

His interview was superb, 

A_A wehatethehibs

Excited for him, just about keeping feet on the ground, concentrating, not over exerting himself as we know he is always desperate to do well, run full tilt and do damage. Thought his decision making was very good last night. Knew when to keep calm and recycle it back to the midfield / full backs, and knew when to put on the burners. Gave that full back a torrid time although I'm sure the lad will be a better league 1 defender for it.

With a touch more composure, and stays fit? POTY contender 

7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I thought he was good tonight but also got the sense that he is still looking get up to his best level like last season, but it is understandable after a long injury and exciting to see more from him.

Yep I agree. Has real pace and desire to actually get past people and get the ball in the box. A real asset who is still to hit top form. 

highlandjambo3
8 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

Brilliant. He is going to absolutely LOVE a full tynie on top form when that day finally comes around again... 

the pumping of the vermin will blow his mind

Looked dangerous every time he got the ball-touch in second half and shot on goal was sublime-looks a proper footballer 

All roads lead to Gorgie

He is one of those players that would scare you if he was in the opponents team. It has been quite a long time since I thought that about one of our players. My only worry is he might be singled out for some rough treatment and hope that doesn't lead to injury again. 

Gordon Ramsay
12 hours ago, Newton51 said:

He's not going to know whats hit him when Derby day comes round and the place is rocking. 

Finally , to have a wide man who’s pace leaves full backs struggling once he’s past you. The full back did get back a few times to block his crosses but it was desperate. 

He’ll get goals. He shanked a couple last night but he’s proven already he can finish. The beauty of players like that is they don’t stop trying. So, things will go in. 

11 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

He seems to me that he presents the same drive and danger that Sterling does.

After that cup final performance I have the highest of high hopes for him.

Please this, but without the diving idiotics!

A fully fit Josh Ginnelly will be huge for us this season.

Frighteningly quick, and very quick feet too. Seriously dangerous running at defenders. 

I got shivers last night watching that... Its been a long time since I heard the Tynecastle roar!

Gino will love it!!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Didn’t see this mentioned anywhere but what about the bit of skill where he gathered a long ball over his shoulder in the second half, instantly controlled it, beat his man and got a shot away (keeper saved).

Insane skill and surprised people havent been purring over it more

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

tartofmidlothian

We had nothing much to shout about in the Stirling game aside from the goals, but Ginnelly looked sharper and more dangerous than anyone else on the pitch.

Fingers crossed he keeps fit, could be a big player for us this season ( actually, insert .. needs to ... instead of could )

10 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

We had nothing much to shout about in the Stirling game aside from the goals, but Ginnelly looked sharper and more dangerous than anyone else on the pitch.

I didn't think he was that great tbh considering the opposition. Lost the ball a lot.

Early days, but still to see the real Ginnelly imo.

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

I didn't think he was that great tbh considering the opposition. Lost the ball a lot.

Early days, but still to see the real Ginnelly imo.

All of the wingers I've seen over the years have blown hot an cold, and I include legends like McCann and Colquhoun. 1 good game in two is very good and 1 in 3 about average.