Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Cruyff

• Victorian

• Samuel Camazzola

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Ray Gin said:

Well played Morikawa. 

Not really heard much of him before to be honest. Looks a great talent!

Won the USPGA last year

RustyRightPeg
On 13/07/2021 at 22:44, RustyRightPeg said:

Cam Smith has a chance I reckon. Always like Morikawa because his irons are so pure. 

I'd like to see Fleetwood win though, a bit of redemption for 2 years ago.

Pity I’m not a betting man and backed my own tip!!!

Maroon Sailor

David Meacher a bit nervous at the ceremony

1 4 9th championship

Don't envy him - not easy giving speeches

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Won the USPGA last year

Yeah I wasn't really paying any attention to the comps last year, or to sports in general. 

Should have some future ahead of him.

8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He will remember next time because it will not be his last. At 24 it us frightening to think what he could achieve.

Classy touch saying nice words to the Amateur Winner at the beginning of his speech. 

Seems like a nice bloke. 

I’m always wary now of making predictions about players futures. Spieth was predicted to wipe out every record when he first appeared before becoming mortal. 

Samuel Camazzola
27 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m always wary now of making predictions about players futures. Spieth was predicted to wipe out every record when he first appeared before becoming mortal. 

From listening to Pete Cowan (coach to Stenson, Molinari etc) yesterday, he was talking about several players in the game. He said that based on all the stats that can be gathered, if Thomas Pieters could raise the level of his putting to just 'average', he'd comfortably be a World top 10 player. Quite astonishing. 

Maroon Sailor
54 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Ewan Murray is slowly turning into Peter Allis - a blethering old buffer.

But Nick Dougherty is a slavering balloon who never shuts up.

Dougherty was alright as the studio guest but since he's became the anchor he's turned in to a bit of a tool. No need to yabber on as much as he does.

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Well done Macintyre 8th 

6th and 8th consecutive finishes at the Open, 12th at the Masters. Only 24 as well, he can still improve. Great player. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Golden years ahead for golf. Young man's game it seems still despite big Phil's week out at Kiawah. 

4 majors 4 different winners and probably not easy to pick any of them bar Rahm, even then coming off a blow. 

Rahm, Morikawa, Spieth will be fighting these out for years with Thomas. 

Can DJ and Rory react, will Dechambeau find the balance to be a serial contender,  can Schauffele and Scheffler break in.

Bob Macintyre, no pressure but Scotland needs a hero. Can't help thinking that the English contingent though really impressive on tour lack something in the majors Bob might just have 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Cruyff said:

6th and 8th consecutive finishes at the Open, 12th at the Masters. Only 24 as well, he can still improve. Great player. 

I hope so, however Morikawa is 24  :)

Hard game this one wins 155 lose

Just now, Sir Gio said:

I hope so, however Morikawa is 24  :)

Hard game this one wins 155 lose

Morikawa's played 8 Majors and won 2, i don't think many in history have started their pro career like him. 

Maroon Sailor

Morikawa has actually won his 2 majors rather than them being handed to him from another player's meltdown. Tells me he takes these tournaments in his stride.

Lawrie, Curtis, Ogilvy, Schwartzel, Willett solitary majors all came from meltdowns.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Morikawa's played 8 Majors and won 2, i don't think many in history have started their pro career like him. 

Also won a few regular tournaments and a WGC. Bob has got to start converting a few more with his ability.

Or miss the boat before the next wave arrives. Increasingly, younger players are dominant. Great sport though with so much strength in depth 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Also won a few regular tournaments and a WGC. Bob has got to start converting a few more with his ability.

Or miss the boat before the next wave arrives. Increasingly, younger players are dominant. Great sport though with so much strength in depth 

I watched an interview with MacIntyre last night and he's still based in Oban but plans set up a base in America, so he can play out there on tour. That seems a key step for him to kick on a bit. 

McIlroy and Speith were freaks at a young age, Morikawa seems to be similar, maybe even more consistent but then you've got guys like Dustin Johnson and Justin Rose who didn't come into their own until their 30's at majors. DeChambeau was 121 in the World at 24, whereas MacIntyre is already top 50. Aye, golf's hard, the top 100 are phenomenal players and winning majors is even harder but I think oor Bob will get his chance one day. 

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, weehammy said:

Agree completely. I like Andy Coltart and, despite his Celtic connection, McGinley usually talks sense.

Rich Beem is great.

He's the one who's turned into a parody figure. Was great as a RC captain but his analysis has become a bit tired and predictable. 

Dougherty is very good as is Boxall, Beamer, Coltart, John E Morris, Barter and Radar. 

Coltart is a QotS supporter and made a couple of references to it over the weekend. 

42 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

He's the one who's turned into a parody figure. Was great as a RC captain but his analysis has become a bit tired and predictable. 

Dougherty is very good as is Boxall, Beamer, Coltart, John E Morris, Barter and Radar. 

Coltart is a QotS supporter and made a couple of references to it over the weekend. 

Hey SC, I think you or auto correct are getting Animal Magic & the Golf mixed up.

It's John E Morgan on the golf, Johnny Morris was the famous presenter of AM when I was a kid (55 years ago!).

Only thing you have now got me singing/whistling the theme tune from Animal Magic :lol:

Radar is slipping into a false accent these days, he just needs to get back to being the cheery Aussie again.

Ewan Murray grinds my gears when he comes out with a corny announcement of the winner of a tournament. He must sit up all night thinking of the crap he eventually spouts!

Samuel Camazzola
32 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Hey SC, I think you or auto correct are getting Animal Magic & the Golf mixed up.

It's John E Morgan on the golf, Johnny Morris was the famous presenter of AM when I was a kid (55 years ago!).

Only thing you have now got me singing/whistling the theme tune from Animal Magic :lol:

Radar is slipping into a false accent these days, he just needs to get back to being the cheery Aussie again.

Ewan Murray grinds my gears when he comes out with a corny announcement of the winner of a tournament. He must sit up all night thinking of the crap he eventually spouts!

😂 Morris would be funnier. Always remember Morgan from when he threatened to win the PGA several years ago. 

I like Radar. Doesn't take himself too seriously. 

I think Andrew Cotter would be a good addition to the golf team but he will no doubt be happy with what he has going (athletics, rugby, tennis and golf highlights).