Harry Stone for the Harry Wraggs on loan

Perth to Paisley

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Brilliant, one of our better loans this, get a good idea of where he is at though worth remembering if it doesnt go great its not fatal, certain Kasper Schmeichel was not so great at Falkirk and slightly older

Schmiechel I thought was very good there as was Tim Krull.  Hughes certainly signed decent keepers on loan for Falkirk.  He then went to hibs and signed three huddies. 

8 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Good Move for the lad...

The "Harry Wraggs" though? :cornette:

Harry Wragg was a famous jockey and race horse trainer back in the post war years. 

The first thing my dad used to do when he got his morning paper was look out for Harry Wragg trained horses. 

Dad had some decent wins but didn't get to give up the day job 😂

• 3 weeks later...
Niemi’s gloves

Big game for Harry today against St Mirren. A good performance and he should nail down the GK slot for the start of the league season. (He and Jamie Sneddon have alternated so far)

William H. Bonney
23 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Big game for Harry today against St Mirren. A good performance and he should nail down the GK slot for the start of the league season. (He and Jamie Sneddon have alternated so far)

still think we should have kept him as back up for Gordon, incase he’s injured but I full understand his desire to play in games.

Hopefully he has a prosperous season. 

That was never a penalty

Classic referee blowing at what he thought was going to happen rather than what did

1-0 St Mirren

15 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

That was never a penalty

Classic referee blowing at what he thought was going to happen rather than what did

1-0 St Mirren

Commentary seemed to think it was but there was no contact

• 2 weeks later...
Niemi’s gloves

Good to see that Harry got the nod today (after missing out last week) and kept a clean sheet in Thistle’s surprisingly comfortable 3-0 win away to Dunfermline. Seems to have made a few saves. Hopefully will pin down the GK slot. 

Harry must be living the dream.......imagine having Craig Gordon as your mentor👍

He will only get better over the years & hopefully takes over from CG when the time comes for Craig to step down.

I just hope Harry is patient as Craig could go on for another 2/3 years.....or more

12 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Good to see that Harry got the nod today (after missing out last week) and kept a clean sheet in Thistle’s surprisingly comfortable 3-0 win away to Dunfermline. Seems to have made a few saves. Hopefully will pin down the GK slot. 

Great newsa

5 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Harry must be living the dream.......imagine having Craig Gordon as your mentor👍

He will only get better over the years & hopefully takes over from CG when the time comes for Craig to step down.

I just hope Harry is patient as Craig could go on for another 2/3 years.....or more

That’s definitely the worry, Harry will want to be playing and CG had years left in him. Tough one for us to manage 

18 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I noticed the other keeper playing the last few games.  Do you know what the story is - injury to the other gk?  

Niemi’s gloves
1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

I noticed the other keeper playing the last few games.  Do you know what the story is - injury to the other gk?  

No, they’ve alternated in the six games Thistle have played this season, with the other keeper (Robbie Sneddon who I think was with us as a youth player) on the bench when Harry’s played and vice versa. 

There’s not a great deal of comment on Harry  in the Pie and Bovril thread on the game but what there is positive. One poster comments:

“Stone >>>>>>>> Sneddon” and another responds that that was his main takeaway from the game. 

5 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

I think they were playing alternate games in LC as both fairly young.

Snedden lost a couple of goals last week, maybe they are going back to my early days (50+ years ago) & playing 2 and out.:lol:

Hopefully Harry can get a good run similar to the experience gained at the end of last season with Albion Rovers.

3 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

No, they’ve alternated in the six games Thistle have played this season, with the other keeper (Robbie Sneddon who I think was with us as a youth player) on the bench when Harry’s played and vice versa. 

There’s not a great deal of comment on Harry  in the Pie and Bovril thread on the game but what there is positive. One poster comments:

“Stone >>>>>>>> Sneddon” and another responds that that was his main takeaway from the game. 

Toderov did have a late chance for a consolation for the home side but Harry Stone pulled off a wonderful stop in the visitors goal.

above from the BBC

2 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

2 hours ago, 2205ian said:

I think they were playing alternate games in LC as both fairly young.

Snedden lost a couple of goals last week, maybe they are going back to my early days (50+ years ago) & playing 2 and out.:lol:

Hopefully Harry can get a good run similar to the experience gained at the end of last season with Albion Rovers.

Thanks for the responses. Good to see Stone get games and doing well.

3 hours ago, db211833 said:

That’s definitely the worry, Harry will want to be playing and CG had years left in him. Tough one for us to manage 

Mix and match like Rangers are doin with McGregor and our ex keeper

Lone Striker

Great result for Thistle. Looks like they whole team is getting a wee confidence boost from having a very good young  keeper behind them.   Well done Harry !!

(Also good to get it right up Peter Grant  ) 😀

• 2 months later...

Any idea why he isn’t getting a game anymore and sometimes not even on the bench?

perhaps it would be worth recalling him in January and sending him somewhere else to get games?

especially if he is supposedly our long term replacement for Gordon 

5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Any idea why he isn’t getting a game anymore and sometimes not even on the bench?

perhaps it would be worth recalling him in January and sending him somewhere else to get games?

especially if he is supposedly our long term replacement for Gordon 

Seemed to have one poor game and the other keeper has came in and claimed the spot.

7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Seemed to have one poor game and the other keeper has came in and claimed the spot.

Which is understandable but we maybe need to send him elsewhere to get games