Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• iainmac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sadj said:

No doubt you are in the middle slating others n praising JJ 🤣.

@4marsbars is right , no need at all to be talking about other people on a thread about JJ. 

My point was if Budge had brought in JJ as DoF six years ago we would not have got into the shit fest we found ourselves in. I think that is relevant on a thread about JJ.

jambo-in-furness

Happy retirement JJ

you brought me more joy than anyone else I can think of.

21 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

My point was if Budge had brought in JJ as DoF six years ago we would not have got into the shit fest we found ourselves in. I think that is relevant on a thread about JJ.

Its really not. Thats your opinion and is it right or wrong - who knows - plenty would disagree. This thread is thank you Jim , not - Jims my pal hes the answer to everything at Hearts. Bad Ann Budge

Edited by sadj

39 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Happy retirement JJ

you brought me more joy than anyone else I can think of.

This.   Enjoy JJ.  Mr Hearts.

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Unnecessary Levein apologist alert.

JJ is a proper Hearts man - Levein is a Levein man!

This.

JJ left because they wouldn’t take any of his advice. He spent a year trying to sort out the mess internally. His contract was up for renewal and he wasn’t prepared to stay and take their money for nothing. 

3 hours ago, sadj said:

Its really not. Thats your opinion and is it right or wrong - who knows - plenty would disagree. This thread is thank you Jim , not - Jims my pal hes the answer to everything at Hearts. Bad Ann Budge

You’re gibbering shite now - you really don’t like Levein getting criticised in any way do you. 😉

At no time have I ever said JJ was the answer to everything nor that Ann Budge was all bad - but she fecked up with her choice of DoF!

Francis Albert
19 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

I'm sure they will acknowledge it. The Sun got hold of the story and decided to run it at 7pm on a Friday night which probably took the club by surprise. Its hardly such big news it needs staff to rush back to their laptops on a Friday night rather than wait to the next day.

Obviously they are struggling to find their laptops. Or even their Twitter accounts it seems.

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

I get holding him in such high regardas. It's the way it should be, however, I watched him from the begining and I see him as just one of us more than anything else. He has always been there and always will be, for me. Have fun Jim, and thanks. It was fun watching you live the dream and being a part of it. 🙂  

Great memories of the 4-1 '73 game.

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Obviously they are struggling to find their laptops. Or even their Twitter accounts it seems.

I'm glad Hearts allow their employees to have  time off and not have to do work on their down time. 

Credit to Ann, not only do we pay the living wage but also allow employees to have time off. 

JJ would like that I reckon. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

thecarnbeejambo

thank you boss... never forget that day at parkhead.. i had waited so long for that moment...happy retirement...p.s. when you stepped out of chris robinsons maroon jag with the cup that sunday i completely lost the plot...hhgh

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm glad Hearts allow their employees to have  time off and not have to do work on their down time. 

Credit to Ann, not only do we pay the living wage but also allow employees to have time off. 

But still working on a pre-season closed door friendlies.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

But still working on a pre-season closed door friendlies.

Ofc, we are a football team. 

7 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Unnecessary Levein apologist alert.

JJ is a proper Hearts man - Levein is a Levein man!

Maybe you're not old enough to have seen Levein play?

I'm no apologist, just a fan.

Francis Albert
47 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ofc, we are a football team. 

Sometimes possible to forget that. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Sometimes possible to forget that. 

Not for the majority. 

If you forget we are a football team the problem is yours. 

Borders Jambo
10 hours ago, Thomaso said:

If only Budge had brought in JJ as DoF instead of Levein 6 years ago we would never have ended up in the shit!

Completely agree.

1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

Maybe you're not old enough to have seen Levein play?

I'm no apologist, just a fan.

Buddy I’m old enough to have seen JJ play!

50 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Buddy I’m old enough to have seen JJ play!

I'm old enough to have seen Hearts pre-JJ . You too? 

19 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I'm old enough to have seen Hearts pre-JJ . You too? 

First game was v Rangers in 1963 - my first hero was Willie Wallace!

13 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Beat me by three years, though Wallace was briefly my hero too. Remember when he scored four goals in the first half against Clyde?

5 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Beat me by three years, though Wallace was briefly my hero too. Remember when he scored four goals in the first half against Clyde?

I was at Hampden in 1966 for the Scotland v England game - he was centre forward! 👍

Francis Albert
20 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Wallace was my first hero too until Celtic stole him. Or we gave him away.

Your first game wasn't the 5-0 thrashing by Rangers was it? I can still recall the newspaper headline the next morning  "THAT WAS THE HEARTS".

Felt like the end of an era and it pretty much was.

Last season with a trophy until JJ and 1998.

Edited by Francis Albert

34 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Wallace was my first hero too until Celtic stole him. Or we gave him away.

Your first game wasn't the 5-0 thrashing by Rangers was it? I can still recall the newspaper headline the next morning  "THAT WAS THE HEARTS".

Felt like the end of an era and it pretty much was.

Last season with a trophy until JJ and 1998.

Just checked - it was actually October 1964. 1-1 draw - pretty sure Jonny Hamilton scored Hearts goal. 🤔

Edited by Thomaso

Smoked-Glass

Could you please not scare me with titles like that.   Thought it was a rip moment.. 🤢🤢

Enjoy retirement jj

The new stand needs his name on it .

Legend! 

Edited by ri Alban

Nice to see he left on good terms and also that he had a very good relationship with Budge. In fact her taking a step back was his main reason to leave now. 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Nice to see he left on good terms and also that he had a very good relationship with Budge. In fact her taking a step back was his main reason to leave now. 

Pleasing.

Source? Has the club or JJ said something?

Ted Hastings

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/gary-mackay-why-jim-jefferies-departure-from-hearts-is-a-concern-3297042

Can't believe Gary is still employed to write these 'opinion pieces'. They are about as far away from journalism as you can get and his opinions of late always seem to be clouded by personal spats regardless if they are affiliated with the club or not and the kind of paranoia you usually only see with folk wearing tinfoil hats. But anyway that is also just my opinion... 

All the best to Jim and a happy retirement. Met him at a wedding once and almost lost the ability to speak, there's some aura about the man.

Edited by Ted Hastings

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
5 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/gary-mackay-why-jim-jefferies-departure-from-hearts-is-a-concern-3297042

Can't believe Gary is still employed to write these 'opinion pieces'. They are about as far away from journalism as you can get and his opinions of late always seem to be clouded by personal spats regardless if they are affiliated with the club or not and the kind of paranoia you usually only see with folk wearing tinfoil hats. But anyway that is also just my opinion... 

All the best to Jim and a happy retirement. Met him at a wedding once and almost lost the ability to speak, there's some aura about the man.

Probably one of his worst articles yet. JJ was always brought back by Budge as an advisor for a period where she didnt have a CEO and Levein had also left so she didnt have anyone to advise her on the football side. We now have McKinley as CEO and Savage as Sporting Director and Budge is stepping back so JJ's departure was natural. Cant believe GM is trying to make such a thing out of it, comes across a right slaver these days, shame for a club legend like him

25 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Pleasing.

Source? Has the club or JJ said something?

Evening news

16 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Probably one of his worst articles yet. JJ was always brought back by Budge as an advisor for a period where she didnt have a CEO and Levein had also left so she didnt have anyone to advise her on the football side. We now have McKinley as CEO and Savage as Sporting Director and Budge is stepping back so JJ's departure was natural. Cant believe GM is trying to make such a thing out of it, comes across a right slaver these days, shame for a club legend like him

I just find his articles sad. 

I read it as this was JJs decision to walk away. 

Then GM plows in attacking the club about JJ leaving. 

:wtfvlad:

33 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

It’s not the only article out there hinting at a ‘rift’ between JJ and the CEO and JJ deciding to get out when he could have stayed.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if JJ has been giving advice and guidance that hasn’t been acted on and hence he is wasting his time. 

I think we’ve got the wrong people at the very top. People who don’t know football and who don’t take advice very easily. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that’s the view JJ arrived at too.

The kbers who back the club through thick and thin will never believe club guilty of anything, let's just say I heard that JJ may not be convinced that football department was being run to his to satisfaction and decided he would leave, is Mackay's article really that off the mark, not for me.

Francis Albert
49 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Evening news

Thanks. No direct quotes from Hearts or JJ. Still nothing on Hearts web site or twitter. Just seems a wee bit odd to me after an "amicable" parting of the waves. 

46 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s not the only article out there hinting at a ‘rift’ between JJ and the CEO and JJ deciding to get out when he could have stayed.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if JJ has been giving advice and guidance that hasn’t been acted on and hence he is wasting his time. 

I think we’ve got the wrong people at the very top. People who don’t know football and who don’t take advice very easily. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that’s the view JJ arrived at too.

Somebody gets it.

Tasavallan
59 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

The kbers who back the club through thick and thin will never believe club guilty of anything, let's just say I heard that JJ may not be convinced that football department was being run to his to satisfaction and decided he would leave, is Mackay's article really that off the mark, not for me.

And Hearts being Hearts there is always an opposite camp.  My opinion is that JJ was brought in by Mrs Budge on a temporary basis to fill a void and as he is not now needed he left.  Always mountains and molehills with some supporters.

Anyway I never forgave JJ for selecting Jim Hamilton over Robbo.

Edited by Tasavallan

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

I just find his articles sad. 

I was never a huge fan of Gary as a player but you can't deny he cares about Hearts. His articles are opinion pieces not really journalism but I find them refreshing compared to the bland, content-less drivel of the club's PR. (TBF not unlike most other clubs' PR)

"Ann is focussing on the share transfer to FOH"? What does that mean? What needs to be done (15 months after it was due to happen) that can occupy her time? She and the board and all employees will remain the same with Ann in the chair. 

"The team is in a good place"? Classic Robbie. Does it mean still joint top of the league? Why not wait at least until after the first competitive game?

I’m a big fan of JJ……..

But it’s clear the club is taking a different and more modern approach to the way the footballing department is being run and I really doubt his old ways really fit.

We have to let the new guys do it their way…….let’s see what they’re made off.

A_A wehatethehibs

All the best to JJ, a legend who always would answer the call. 

But RE MacKay. What an absolute roaster he is being with that pish in the EEN.

Thought his personal gripe was with Craig Levein? This forum seems to be littered with these type of folk as well. Levein was sacked and left the club 18 months ago. Yes Budge found it tough to sack him because she was essentially lost without him. And that hesitation cost us severely. Gary has rightly pointed to livi 5-0 as the moment it should have happened.  But it's ****ing ancient history now, things have long since moved on. You can't keep treating the club as if Levein is still there. 

The main crux of JJ leaving is that Budge is stepping back into a Chairman role and new blood is in the building, running the club and running the football department. @DH1986 is spot on above, these new guys are looking to run things in a modern approach. So JJ has no clear place in that, he has rightly stepped away to allow them to do their jobs.

All the best to JJ but more importantly: Full 100% backing is now needed for McKinlay, Savage, Neilson, the 2 new senior youth coaches McLaughlan and Naismith who have been installed with the remit of promoting youth to the first team (including 11 pro contracts issued this summer), and the new structure that's been put in place, and the players who this group have brought in that are around our first team today. Time to forget "those at the top in recent years" and let the club turn over a new leaf. Levein is no longer in the building Gary. 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

Anyway I never forgave JJ for selecting Jim Hamilton over Robbo.

I’m assuming that you’re disappointed that John Robertson didn’t get on instead of Jim Hamilton in the 1998 final? I reckon your comment is probably a bit tongue in cheek.

Disappointed that we all were that Robbo didn’t get on during the final, Jim Hamilton was brought on as much to repel Rangers’ arial bombardment during the latter, excruciating minutes of the game, as to be an attacking threat.

JJ was very pragmatic and, in my view, took the correct decision to help us stand firm defensively, as if Rangers had equalised, we would almost certainly have lost.

It was great that John finally got the medal that his Hearts career deserved.

51 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

All the best to JJ, a legend who always would answer the call. 

But RE MacKay. What an absolute roaster he is being with that pish in the EEN.

Thought his personal gripe was with Craig Levein? This forum seems to be littered with these type of folk as well. Levein was sacked and left the club 18 months ago. Yes Budge found it tough to sack him because she was essentially lost without him. And that hesitation cost us severely. Gary has rightly pointed to livi 5-0 as the moment it should have happened.  But it's ****ing ancient history now, things have long since moved on. You can't keep treating the club as if Levein is still there. 

The main crux of JJ leaving is that Budge is stepping back into a Chairman role and new blood is in the building, running the club and running the football department. @DH1986 is spot on above, these new guys are looking to run things in a modern approach. So JJ has no clear place in that, he has rightly stepped away to allow them to do their jobs.

All the best to JJ but more importantly: Full 100% backing is now needed for McKinlay, Savage, Neilson, the 2 new senior youth coaches McLaughlan and Naismith who have been installed with the remit of promoting youth to the first team (including 11 pro contracts issued this summer), and the new structure that's been put in place, and the players who this group have brought in that are around our first team today. Time to forget "those at the top in recent years" and let the club turn over a new leaf. Levein is no longer in the building Gary. 

Your are what I term as in the jkb Happy Camp, am afraid Neilson is certainly "around our first team today". I remain  unconvinced by him as a manager and the "new" football Dept, lack of signings is worrying and those that were surplus for championship being invited back on board is just unbelievable and an eye opener as to where we are at.