• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• iainmac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fine if you are happy with it.     I'm not so sure.  But each to their own. Many on here were  happy last season , I wasnt

Again  each to their own 

Francis Albert
19 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Heard that JJ walked .  Not good

As far as I am aware the club has not yet acknowledged his departure. They made a bit of a splash about his arrival presumably seeing it as a plus for a somewhat disillusioned support. I think it likely that the parting was not entirely amicable. Hard to explain the silence otherwise given some of the stuff that qualifies as news on the club site.

John Findlay
On 07/07/2021 at 20:54, Fort Vallance said:

Sounds like Latin. Never learned that at Craigroyston.

Or even English😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/07/2021 at 03:28, Sherbet said:

Heard that JJ walked .  Not good

I heard from someone close to him that he walked but he’s not going to shout about it. He told them everything that needed to be done to fix the problems. It’s a closed ship. They hire their pals and people not up to the jobs. From the club set up to the academy it’s all going in the wrong direction. JJ wasn’t going to sit back and take their money if no one would listen to him. 

A_A wehatethehibs
13 minutes ago, Jamie55 said:

I heard from someone close to him that he walked but he’s not going to shout about it. He told them everything that needed to be done to fix the problems. It’s a closed ship. They hire their pals and people not up to the jobs. From the club set up to the academy it’s all going in the wrong direction. JJ wasn’t going to sit back and take their money if no one would listen to him. 

Launch 

Leveins Battalion

Mods should probably just delete this thread,If anything it will allow JJ to retire in peace without having drivel spouted on here.

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

From the Evening news......

With Budge ceding responsibility for day-to-day club business to chief executive Andrew McKinlay, Jefferies has chosen to step away from his consultancy position in what was an amicable parting.

Amicable parting meaning they want to do it one way and JJ wants to do it another so good luck to them. Maybe they will be right and JJ wrong. I know who I would put my money on. JJ went in there to do what was right for the club he loves, not for any benefit to himself. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Jamie55 said:

Who on the Hearts Board, that JJ was advising, is pals with Joe Savage and William Lancefield?

Heart of Darkness
3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Mods should probably just delete this thread,If anything it will allow JJ to retire in peace without having drivel spouted on here.

Agree with you on this LB. 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Heart of Darkness said:

Agree with you on this LB. 👍

Thirded. JJ is a legend and this feels inappropriate. He certainly wouldn't like this chat.

40 minutes ago, Jamie55 said:

Amicable parting meaning they want to do it one way and JJ wants to do it another so good luck to them. Maybe they will be right and JJ wrong. I know who I would put my money on. JJ went in there to do what was right for the club he loves, not for any benefit to himself. 

Amen to that brother! 👍

Heart of Darkness
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Thirded. JJ is a legend and this feels inappropriate. He certainly wouldn't like this chat.

Exactly!! He gave everything to Hearts and the last thing we need is some non-Hearts low life twisting this thread so everyone is fighting and dragging JJ name through the same shit that their life must be in 

Jean Louis Valois

JJ is a club legend, and always will be. But he is 70 year old, and his role was short term. Why do people need to look for scandal? Is it not natural that he has left and wants to enjoy his retirement.

I heard same but agree close thread as does more harm than good, I heard he was thinking of going a few days before it was announced.

Francis Albert

Have Hearts ackwledged his departure thanked him and wished him best wishes? Whether he wants it or not the least I would expect of the club.

The club made quite a bit of his appointment to get fans on board at a difficult time. 

WTF is the problem with just  saying  thanks Jim?

Edited by Francis Albert

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

I heard same but agree close thread as does more harm than good, I heard he was thinking of going a few days before it was announced.

His contract was temporary and up so it would be surprising if he hadn't been thinking about it.

Francis Albert

Amicable surely means agreed parting. So why not some public acknowledgement of the parting?

One party wanting to to it one way and the other another way doesn't seem terribly amicable.

Edited by Francis Albert

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

JJ is a club legend, and always will be. But he is 70 year old, and his role was short term. Why do people need to look for scandal? Is it not natural that he has left and wants to enjoy his retirement.

No Hearts supporter is looking for scandal. Some of those posting on here wouldn't know JJ if he sat next to them at a game. Just another shit stirring exercise.

Francis Albert
17 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No Hearts supporter is looking for scandal. Some of those posting on here wouldn't know JJ if he sat next to them at a game. Just another shit stirring exercise.

Name one poster who wouldn't recognise JJ if sitting next to him. Just one.

And while we are at it name one who.is "looking for scandal". Scandal???

Edited by Francis Albert

The usual few stirring posters jump on and ty to tell us something is wrong.......how do they get away with it ?

So LF, FA AND CO you've had your chance to post nonsense and time to give it a rest but sadly you'll never change at the chance to put the boot into the club with little digs here and there

He is part of the changes that are taking place.  JJ gave us his time and experience and I thank him for that never mind his past efforts but it was not a major role this time and I don't think there needed to be marching bands and a parade when he left.........................when however some of you leave the board that will be a time to march along Princes Street giving thanks along the way

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The usual few stirring posters jump on and ty to tell us something is wrong.......how do they get away with it ?

So LF, FA AND CO you've had your chance to post nonsense and time to give it a rest but sadly you'll never change at the chance to put the boot into the club with little digs here and there

He is part of the changes that are taking place.  JJ gave us his time and experience and I thank him for that never mind his past efforts but it was not a major role this time and I don't think there needed to be marching bands and a parade when he left.........................when however some of you leave the board that will be a time to march along Princes Street giving thanks along the way

Jeez. Marching bands and parades? 

No just a few words on the Hearts site would have done. 

lost in space
12 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Jeez. Marching bands and parades? 

No just a few words on the Hearts site would have done. 

That is all that was required. When nothing is said - it leaves a void or a doubt. There are those who are happy and willing to fill that void with rumours or lies. Of course they may be correct in that JJ was unhappy.

We dont know - which is the problem.

McKinlay does not seem to have a clue on PR. Do we have someone who is in charge of PR?

Even if JJ did walk away because he didn’t agree with how things were being run…..it doesn’t mean he’s in the right.

And he really can’t say anything about Savage giving people he knows a job…..JJ did exactly that his entire managerial career.

Anyone who signs Gary Locke and Lee Makel to play in the English Premiership is certainly no angel.

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Even if JJ did walk away because he didn’t agree with how things were being run…..it doesn’t mean he’s in the right.

And he really can’t say anything about Savage giving people he knows a job…..JJ did exactly that his entire managerial career.

Anyone who signs Gary Locke and Lee Makel to play in the English Premiership is certainly no angel.

The English Premiership was a lot different 20 years ago when JJ was at Bradford.

heartandsoul
17 hours ago, Jamie55 said:

This

26 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Really? Wow! 

Clerry Jambo
29 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

The English Premiership was a lot different 20 years ago when JJ was at Bradford.

In spades

15 hours ago, CJGJ said:

You need to go away and have a pie or two, I call it as I see/hear it don't like it tough titties.

19 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

His contract was temporary and up so it would be surprising if he hadn't been thinking about it.

I doubt he even had a contract. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Gary Locke was a very good player. Without his injuries he'd have played for Scotland. Did quite well at Bradford as I remember.

Mars plastic
17 hours ago, CJGJ said:

It's a fans forum, kid, calm yourself down.

"i heard this, i heard that." Some amount of pish gets thrown about this forum... I just read it now for comic relief as i don't believe a single thing on here unless it's backed up by facts. 

33 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

"i heard this, i heard that." Some amount of pish gets thrown about this forum... I just read it now for comic relief as i don't believe a single thing on here unless it's backed up by facts. 

The wind up interlopers have won unfortunately on kickback 

A_A wehatethehibs
30 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Why?

First post, straight in with the conspiracy theorist troll wum garbage. 

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

First post, straight in with the conspiracy theorist troll wum garbage. 

:laugh2:

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Gary Locke was a very good player. Without his injuries he'd have played for Scotland. Did quite well at Bradford as I remember.

At the time of his transfer to Bradford…..Gary Locke was never in a million years good enough to be playing in that division. He only got the move because of JJ. He started 6 league games in 4 months…and was subbed off in the first half in two of those games

He actually barely completed a full 90 mins in the majority of matches in his shortish Bradford career.

He was unsurprisingly punted to Killie after Bradford finished 15th in the first division.

To say he did “quite well” is revisionism at its highest.

Guest ToqueJambo
44 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

At the time of his transfer to Bradford…..Gary Locke was never in a million years good enough to be playing in that division. He only got the move because of JJ. He started 6 league games in 4 months…and was subbed off in the first half in two of those games

He actually barely completed a full 90 mins in the majority of matches in his shortish Bradford career.

He was unsurprisingly punted to Killie after Bradford finished 15th in the first division.

To say he did “quite well” is revisionism at its highest.

No idea, it wasn't easy so watch English games in those days, but 38 games and 2 goals at that level isn't bad after his injury troubles. Nice to see a Hearts youth player get a shot at the big time. He was heading for a really good career before his injuries, and still had a very solid one.

Edited by ToqueJambo

complete control
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Disagree. He was very limited and you don't have to be very good to have played for Scotland. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, complete control said:

Disagree. He was very limited and you don't have to be very good to have played for Scotland. 

He was very promising imo before his bad injury. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, complete control said:

Limited in what way? He was a defensive mid and did really well for us from a very young age and could have progressed to be a very good player if it wasn't for injuries. As I say despite terrible setbacks at a young age he still had a good career at a good level.