JJ Away

Never Let Them Forget

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Your are what I term as in the jkb Happy Camp, am afraid Neilson is certainly "around our first team today". I remain  unconvinced by him as a manager and the "new" football Dept, lack of signings is worrying and those that were surplus for championship being invited back on board is just unbelievable and an eye opener as to where we are at.

As the ‘surplus’ players are under contact and we are still paying them it would be daft not to use them, if they can do a job, while they are still at the club. 

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• iainmac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Your are what I term as in the jkb Happy Camp, am afraid Neilson is certainly "around our first team today". I remain  unconvinced by him as a manager and the "new" football Dept, lack of signings is worrying and those that were surplus for championship being invited back on board is just unbelievable and an eye opener as to where we are at.

I am neither happy nor unhappy and there is no camps. It's off season. Results will be what determines the outcome. Either Neilson will get the results, or he won't. He was brought in to a shambolic relegated squad in the middle of the pandemic, steadies the ship, transitions the club from relegated, promoted back to the Premier, and he has emptied 20 or so of the shite bag players that got us relegated. I do not get the obsessive bitterness from folk like you. Yes he had cup blunders, and no I'm not "convinced" by him either. But he got the points in the bag we needed, and obviously was never getting ****ing sacked with the club top of the championship. He done the main job he was brought in to do, so, now we move on to the next job and the bar has gone up.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

As the ‘surplus’ players are under contact and we are still paying them it would be daft not to use them, if they can do a job, while they are still at the club. 

What makes you think these ‘surplus’ players can do a job this season after totally failing last season against weaker opposition?

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

What makes you think these ‘surplus’ players can do a job this season after totally failing last season against weaker opposition?

No idea but I haven seen them train or play as yet. By all accounts Robert’s did pretty well against stronger opposition last season. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they were away by the end of the transfer window anyway. I’ve no particular preference. 😄

17 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Cognitive dissonance.

Malinga the Swinga
5 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Probably one of his worst articles yet. JJ was always brought back by Budge as an advisor for a period where she didnt have a CEO and Levein had also left so she didnt have anyone to advise her on the football side. We now have McKinley as CEO and Savage as Sporting Director and Budge is stepping back so JJ's departure was natural. Cant believe GM is trying to make such a thing out of it, comes across a right slaver these days, shame for a club legend like him

GM may have played hundreds of games as player for Hearts, but he is no legend. He was workmanlike player who outstayed welcome and played part in us losing loads of semi and cup finals.

No coincidence we won in 1998, shortly after he left. 

Now he inhabits world, where apart from a few loyal hangers on, he is treated as a joke by Hearts supporters and paid to write negative articles by a paper who despise our club.

Time to look forward and not be held back by the past.

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No idea but I haven seen them train or play as yet. By all accounts Robert’s did pretty well against stronger opposition last season. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they were away by the end of the transfer window anyway. I’ve no particular preference. 😄

I feel for Coaches at times as they are always doing the wrong thing where some are concerned.

Give a player a chance and get slated for it and the same if you try and bin them without giving them a chance.

Robbie has said that if players impress in pre-season and show the right attitiude then they will be given a chance.

This is surely what players want to hear.

colinmaroon
15 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Cognitive dissonance.

Does that refer to the management or the poster?

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Does that refer to the management or the poster?

Anyone that thinks that Damour & Roberts are suddenly going to start performing for us.

colinmaroon
10 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Anyone that thinks that Damour & Roberts are suddenly going to start performing for us.

Cognitive dissonance refers to rejecting new evidence that conflicts with existing beliefs.

Few weeks required for evidence gathering and if they prove useful or better then, old chap, you will be the one with CD.

"tempus narrabo"

Edited by colinmaroon

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Cognitive dissonance refers to rejecting new evidence that conflicts with existing beliefs.

Few weeks required for evidence gathering and if the prove useful or better then, old chap, you will be the one with CD.

"tempus narrabo"

Colin, I'm confident that your proposed scenario won't happen simply because I have eyes.

"Credo Quod Videam"

13 minutes ago, iainmac said:

What’s next? Bring back Kastaneer?? 😳

colinmaroon
3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Colin, I'm confident that your proposed scenario won't happen simply because I have eyes.

"Credo Quod Videam"

Video 

2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

How did Damour ‘fail’ last season when he never kicked a ball against ‘weaker opposition’?

He failed to impress when he did play for us, then (I assume) did not impress 

Neilson enough in training to warrant selection even against ‘weaker opposition’!

Talk of bringing back the likes of Damour and Roberts smacks like a bit of desperation!

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

What’s next? Bring back Kastaneer?? 😳

The thing about Kastaneer - when I heard we were rumoured to be in for him, I visited the Coventry fan's forum. To a man / woman they were absolutely astonished / delighted that Coventry had found some mugs to take him off their hands. They thought he was a joke player - they were right.

A_A wehatethehibs
16 minutes ago, iainmac said:

So, no-one then. Because no-one thinks that. Do you see anyone actively predicting that? No. But some folk stay open minded, because they believe its possible for anyone, absolutely anyone, to improve and progress. You on the other hand have what's known as the fixed mindset - the belief that people can't improve, they are what they are, it's fixed, and impossible to improve or change in any way. 

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

So, no-one then. Because no-one thinks that. Do you see anyone actively predicting that? No. But some folk stay open minded, because they believe its possible for anyone, absolutely anyone, to improve and progress. You on the other hand have what's known as the fixed mindset - the belief that people can't improve, they are what they are, it's fixed, and impossible to improve or change in any way. 

I go with what I see with my own eyes, if that's OK with you?

My mind is definitely fixed as far as these two and the manager is concerned for sure. You can bookmark this.

7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

85F55A3C-C820-481D-A4DB-C56FC874C7A1.jpeg

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I go with what I see with my own eyes, if that's OK with you?

My mind is definitely fixed as far as these two and the manager is concerned for sure. You can bookmark this.

Have you seen with your own eyes the pre season training where Neilson has commented that these guys have done well, worked hard and showed a positive attitude? Because that's basically been the only comments. 

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

85F55A3C-C820-481D-A4DB-C56FC874C7A1.jpeg

The point has been made on the main thread about the number players who came in, were dreadful, but eventually improved and came good. A manager has to leave the door open for guys who've been low on confidence to get themselves right and come into good form. At least in pre season anyway. We have seen it happen with plenty of players. 

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Have you seen with your own eyes the pre season training where Neilson has commented that these guys have done well, worked hard and showed a positive attitude? Because that's basically been the only comments. 

The point has been made on the main thread about the number players who came in, were dreadful, but eventually improved and came good. A manager has to leave the door open for guys who've been low on confidence to get themselves right and come into good form. At least in pre season anyway. We have seen it happen with plenty of players. 

What do you expect him to say? Hopefully he's trying to punt them.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, iainmac said:

What do you expect him to say? Hopefully he's trying to punt them.

That will almost certainly be part of it but he's also probably trying to put the arm round the shoulder. Both of them guys have decent enough pedigree as players for our level, Roberts had some decent performances for Motherwell curtailed by injury. Just got to leave the door open for them, that's the only way there's any slim chance they might find their feet. FWIW I think there's a lot more chance for Damour than there is for Roberts. 

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

That will almost certainly be part of it but he's also probably trying to put the arm round the shoulder. Both of them guys have decent enough pedigree as players for our level, Roberts had some decent performances for Motherwell curtailed by injury. Just got to leave the door open for them, that's the only way there's any slim chance they might find their feet. FWIW I think there's a lot more chance for Damour than there is for Roberts. 

It’s a risky strategy, one that is turning off many Hearts fans as can be seen by the poor season ticket sales. 🤷‍♂️

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Thomaso said:

It’s a risky strategy, one that is turning off many Hearts fans as can be seen by the poor season ticket sales. 🤷‍♂️

I don't see how it's risky. What's the alternative? These guys have got contracts with the club... he's got to try something. 

RE season tickets, think there'll be a fair number of folk waiting for the LC group stage performances, and the news about whether we will get to games. That's what I'm waiting for anyway. I'm not buying a season ticket if I can't go to the games. I'll just wait and buy match tickets when I can go. I already donate money to the club for nothing, on a monthly basis.

The LC groups is the big thing though IMO. Neilson needs big performances there to get more fans onside. 

Francis Albert

Is the Hearts TV streaming for games with no or  limited capacity still available this season?

17 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I don't see how it's risky. What's the alternative? These guys have got contracts with the club... he's got to try something. 

RE season tickets, think there'll be a fair number of folk waiting for the LC group stage performances, and the news about whether we will get to games. That's what I'm waiting for anyway. I'm not buying a season ticket if I can't go to the games. I'll just wait and buy match tickets when I can go. I already donate money to the club for nothing, on a monthly basis.

The LC groups is the big thing though IMO. Neilson needs big performances there to get more fans onside. 

It’s pretty depressing if Neilson has been left with no alternative but to bring back the likes of Damour and Roberts into the team! 😖

Agree with your last comment. 👍

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Is the Hearts TV streaming for games with no or  limited capacity still available this season?

Yes. 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Yes. 

Thanks. For games an ST holder can't access? Or doesn't succeed in a ballot?

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks. For games an ST holder can't access? Or doesn't succeed in a ballot?

Season ticket holders have the streaming option. 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He hardly put his arm round their shoulders last season, you must be stupid if you don't think the manager has no choice but to give them another choice as he has no money to play with.

He may get lucky, but he treated them like a bit shite on his shoe last season, mind he treated the fans with disdain a lot of the times also, so maybe he has had a personality transplant.

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sorry to be obtuse. Do we get access to the stream whether or not we can attend or succeed in a ballot. Once there is no restriction  on crowds will the stream still be available? 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry to be obtuse. Do we get access to the stream whether or not we can attend or succeed in a ballot. Once there is no restriction  on crowds will the stream still be available? 

Don’t know but I think switching off and on supporters access due to them winning a ballot would be too much effort for the club.  

Once there are no crowd limits I would imagine Sky, and others, would look to get club streaming in the UK removed. 

34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Only If you renewed on Monday? Sorry, that was the ballot. :jj_facepalm:

Edited by ri Alban

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Only If you renewed on Monday?

No. All season ticket holders get league matches. 

• Free streaming of games when played behind closed doors or at limited capacity.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

No. All season ticket holders get league matches. 

• Free streaming of games when played behind closed doors or at limited capacity.

Cheers. 👍

6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I was never a huge fan of Gary as a player but you can't deny he cares about Hearts. His articles are opinion pieces not really journalism but I find them refreshing compared to the bland, content-less drivel of the club's PR. (TBF not unlike most other clubs' PR)

"Ann is focussing on the share transfer to FOH"? What does that mean? What needs to be done (15 months after it was due to happen) that can occupy her time? She and the board and all employees will remain the same with Ann in the chair. 

"The team is in a good place"? Classic Robbie. Does it mean still joint top of the league? Why not wait at least until after the first competitive game?

Of course you do, you agree with anyone who criticises our club. I just can't understand why but it obviously makes you feel better so more power to you. 

thewiseone

A good article written by Gary Mackay and must say I agreed with much of what he was saying. 

With JJ at the club my feeling was that there was somebody there with the best interests of HMFC at heart, he gets hearts and us the supporters, the others remaining, smell to me a little like our present government. Full of pony, and filling their own pockets, taking Jo punter as a right mug! 

Saw them lose 3 finals before that wonderful afternoon in 98, thanks for the memories JJ!

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Of course you do, you agree with anyone who criticises our club. I just can't understand why but it obviously makes you feel better so more power to you. 

I think I have very rarely agreed for example with Charlie Nicholas or the many weegie  or ex OF journalists and pundits who have criticised my club. But be happy with you paranoia.

Francis Albert
46 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Don’t know but I think switching off and on supporters access due to them winning a ballot would be too much effort for the club.  

Once there are no crowd limits I would imagine Sky, and others, would look to get club streaming in the UK removed. 

Thanks. First point seems right. And on the second I can't see them allowing it even if ST holders streaming was a small fraction of their audience.

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, iainmac said:

Killed The Radio Star.

Death Ray eyes!!!

Malinga the Swinga
27 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

A good article written by Gary Mackay and must say I agreed with much of what he was saying. 

With JJ at the club my feeling was that there was somebody there with the best interests of HMFC at heart, he gets hearts and us the supporters, the others remaining, smell to me a little like our present government. Full of pony, and filling their own pockets, taking Jo punter as a right mug! 

Saw them lose 3 finals before that wonderful afternoon in 98, thanks for the memories JJ!

Gary Mackay puts his name to whatever the Evening Hibs pay him to. He cares nothing for Hearts and is only interested in boosting his bank balance.

Let's create new memories, not constantly look backwards.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Gary Mackay puts his name to whatever the Evening Hibs pay him to. He cares nothing for Hearts and is only interested in boosting his bank balance.

I doubt he is making a fortune from the EEN. And as for caring nothing for Hearts ... 

Oh and it is difficult to have memories without looking backwards. Unfortunately good ones sometimes involve looking a long way back!

Edited by Francis Albert

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I doubt he is making a fortune from the EEN. And as for caring nothing for Hearts ... 

Oh and it is difficult to have memories without looking backwards. Unfortunately good ones sometimes involve looking a long way back!

👍

19 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

In a wide field, this is possibly the most ridiculous thing ever posted on here.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Not for games that are live on TV 

Francis Albert
24 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Not for games that are live on TV 

Sky Sports then for ST holders for  televised games even if limited capacity?

Francis Albert
43 minutes ago, iainmac said:

In a wide field, this is possibly the most ridiculous thing ever posted on here.

Sometimes even JKB can surprise you!

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Sky Sports then for ST holders for  televised games even if limited capacity?

I think last year they let clubs stream those games to season ticket holders as well. The ST bumf doesn’t mention any exceptions. 

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think last year they let clubs stream those games to season ticket holders as well. The ST bumf doesn’t mention any exceptions. 

Hope so. SKY might take a different line from the BBC. But if the ST bumf is right good.

Fort Vallance
On 06/07/2021 at 15:05, iainmac said:

Cognitive dissonance.

Sounds like Latin. Never learned that at Craigroyston.