Grand Slam Tennis ( updated )

Maroon Sailor

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

People just really need to get over it now and move on, as imo, they should have done after a few months but that's for another thread, or not at all. There's lessons to be learned if something more serious happens in future, let's not let polarised views risk learning those. I appreciate this doesn't help when places like America still require COVID vaccination to enter 🤦🏻‍♂️

Exactly . He has faced “ the consequences “ of his choices so what’s the issue ? Think some just wanted him banned from every tournament possible . Credit to France and the Uk for being more realistic . 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Exactly . He has faced “ the consequences “ of his choices so what’s the issue ? Think some just wanted him banned from every tournament possible . Credit to France and the Uk for being more realistic . 

I think she'd be better just letting it go too though, it doesn't need any more air time...I appreciate I'm now guilty of it too 😂

Ron Burgundy
10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

At least it wasn’t a Hibs ***** 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🤪?!?!

Agreed.

ABA.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I think she'd be better just letting it go too though, it doesn't need any more air time...I appreciate I'm now guilty of it too 😂

She’s only standing up for her man ! Good on her . 

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I don't live a normal life. I'm Radioactive Man. 

Aye very funny mate. I'll tell you what you're a tw@t in a forum full of them. I shared personal information just so people understood, I am a quiet guy so it's been a tough few years, this forums members have let themselves down 

15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Aye very funny mate. I'll tell you what you're a tw@t in a forum full of them. I shared personal information just so people understood, I am a quiet guy so it's been a tough few years, this forums members have let themselves down 

How rude.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

She’s only standing up for her man ! Good on her . 

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman, giving all your love to jusy one man.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman, giving all your love to jusy one man.

Or a man standing by yer man 😂😎

7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Lol 

BCB60169-B75D-473E-8CC4-2E30A0F1E107.jpeg

I didn't realise he was dating Celine Dion.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I didn't realise he was dating Celine Dion.

😂

9 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

:cornette:

JudyJudyJudy
26 minutes ago, AWM said:

McEnroe Documentary in Cinemas on Friday

Looks good 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

They scrub up

well 

923222F0-B22E-4A75-8CC6-7F690E649183.jpeg

Double glazing salesman of the month tries to crack onto the CEO’s secretary at the end of month drinks. 

Amongst the usual Djoko circus it was good to see Dasha Kasatkina 'come out' this week and speak out against the backward culture and new anti Gay legislation in Russia. Looks like she got a lot of support, probably not welcome home now either mind you.

JudyJudyJudy
17 minutes ago, Homme said:

Amongst the usual Djoko circus it was good to see Dasha Kasatkina 'come out' this week and speak out against the backward culture and new anti Gay legislation in Russia. Looks like she got a lot of support, probably not welcome home now either mind you.

573302A6-A85F-440C-85C8-E4350793FF4D.thumb.jpeg.d4c8366734513d7db2a88614f4437b1a.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, Homme said:

Yea it was a good news story . Hopefully she will be ok though regarding Russia ? 

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yea it was a good news story . Hopefully she will be ok though regarding Russia ? 

You would like to think so but on the other hand does she risk going back any time soon? Toughie.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Homme said:

You would like to think so but on the other hand does she risk going back any time soon? Toughie.

Probably best not to , for the meantime . 

10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Will they take ranking points off the US Open? 

Don't think so. They've not banned specific nationality players like Wimbledon did, the US is just the same as the Australian in that unvaccinated visitors are not allowed in the country 

• 3 weeks later...

Some good wins for Evans and Draper, along with Norrie, in the Canadian Masters event in the buildup to the US Open.

Evans and Draper beat top 10 players in Rublev and Tsitsipas respectively to reach the last 16, and Norrie continues to do well with an easy win to reach the last 16 as well. 

Murray and Raducanu both papped out already.

Edited by PortyJambo

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Some good wins for Evans and Draper, along with Norrie, in the Canadian Masters event in the buildup to the US Open.

Evans and Draper beat top 10 players in Rublev and Tsitsipas respectively to reach the last 16, and Norrie continues to do well with an easy win to reach the last 16 as well. 

And the Kyrgios steamroller continues.

The lack of points awarded from Wimbledon has kept his ranking low which resulted in him being drawn agains #1, Medvedev, in Medvedev's first match. Wimbledon points would have had him seeded and drawn to miss other seeds until 3rd round. The Kyrgios win was, in the end, pretty emphatic. Some great tennis from both but Kyrgios is on fire. Even if he wins in Montreal, there's a slim chance he's not seeded for the US Open.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, PortyJambo said:

Murray and Raducanu both papped out already.

Yes been watching it . No surprise about andy or Emma really . 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

And the Kyrgios steamroller continues.

The lack of points awarded from Wimbledon has kept his ranking low which resulted in him being drawn agains #1, Medvedev, in Medvedev's first match. Wimbledon points would have had him seeded and drawn to miss other seeds until 3rd round. The Kyrgios win was, in the end, pretty emphatic. Some great tennis from both but Kyrgios is on fire. Even if he wins in Montreal, there's a slim chance he's not seeded for the US Open.

Yes he’s really upping his game now . His potential is now apparent . That was an outstanding win against Med 

Kyrgios is just such a good watch. If he doesn't burn out he will win Montreal.

No surprise to see Norrie doing well on the North American hard courts. Draper ticking along nicely now that he has finally acclimatised.

Emma just a lost cause at the minute. Gauff, Halep or Swiatek will likely take the Toronto title.

Good week for Evans and Draper from the Canadian Open as far as the rankings. Evans already provisionally up 16 spots after his wins this week to #23 even before his semi-final tonight, and will reach a career high in the top 20 if he beats Spain's Carreno-Busta and reaches the final. Kyrgios beaten by Hurkacz in the quarter finals, who also won his semi against Ruud, so awaits the winner.

Carreno-Busta beat Draper in the quarter finals, but it was still a good week for Draper who will be up 27 spots to a career high of #55 in the rankings (after this week), just behind Murray at #47

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, escobri said:

Hopefully he does ! Be great end to the tennis slam year if he is . Only good for tennis to have all the best players play . However i

note in the article they have still confirm if un vaxed foreigners can play . But seems to be heading that way . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Hopefully he does ! Be great end to the tennis slam year if he is . Only good for tennis to have all the best players play . However i

note in the article they have still confirm if un vaxed foreigners can play . But seems to be heading that way . 

Yip prob not the best article but was first result on search,  mostly domestic changes but hopefully international to quickly follow 🤞

On 23/07/2022 at 15:33, PortyJambo said:

Andrew Castle proving that he's not just a prick when commentating on tennis...

This bellend should not be allowed on mainstream tv. He's covid denier anaw. Him and Novak are scum. 

5 hours ago, escobri said:

Looks positive for Nole as CDC is changing the rules for unvaxxed and hopefully allowing him entry into the US. 

Are they changing rules for law breakers? Something tells me his ban from Australia won't go unnoticed in the USA. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

This bellend should not be allowed on mainstream tv. He's covid denier anaw. Him and Novak are scum. 

Id hope you had been permanently banned but your poisonous postings are back again.  You add nothing to this forum 

JudyJudyJudy
9 hours ago, escobri said:

Yip prob not the best article but was first result on search,  mostly domestic changes but hopefully international to quickly follow 🤞

well hopefully for tennis he does. It should be the best against the best and it would be great to see another Nadal v Novak final.  There wont be many of them now

I P Knightley
12 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Good week for Evans and Draper from the Canadian Open as far as the rankings. Evans already provisionally up 16 spots after his wins this week to #23 even before his semi-final tonight, and will reach a career high in the top 20 if he beats Spain's Carreno-Busta and reaches the final. Kyrgios beaten by Hurkacz in the quarter finals, who also won his semi against Ruud, so awaits the winner.

Carreno-Busta beat Draper in the quarter finals, but it was still a good week for Draper who will be up 27 spots to a career high of #55 in the rankings (after this week), just behind Murray at #47

Cracking match between Evans and PCB. A shame that Evans ran of steam but well played for helping his team mate get to the doubles final. The wee guy will be puggled. 

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Cracking match between Evans and PCB. A shame that Evans ran of steam but well played for helping his team mate get to the doubles final. The wee guy will be puggled. 

your favourite female player Simona played really well last night. Some stunning shots at times.  Hope this means shes back at the top of her game. Shes in the final now. She has had her knockers in the last couple of years though. :) 

I P Knightley
9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

well hopefully for tennis he does. It should be the best against the best and it would be great to see another Nadal v Novak final.  There wont be many of them now

Novak would need a friendly draw to find his feet having missed Montreal and Cincy. 

The first round for Cincy has drawn Murray with Wawrinka. The sound of bones creaking will be unbearable😄

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, I P Knightley said:

Novak would need a friendly draw to find his feet having missed Montreal and Cincy. 

The first round for Cincy has drawn Murray with Wawrinka. The sound of bones creaking will be unbearable😄

Yes thats true .  Mind you to to be the best you have to beat the best but as you said match play is also vital.  He was rather scratchy at the beginning of Wimbledon I recall.  Murray needs to call it a day really , same with Stan . MIght be a good nostalgic match though. I read that Serena has drawn against Emma but i cant recall which competition ? 

I P Knightley

your favourite female player Simona played really well last night. Some stunning shots at times.  Hope this means shes back at the top of her game. Shes in the final now. She has had her knockers in the last couple of years though. :) 

I watched the last set and a half and it's a terrible sign of the person I am that that phrase went through my head on pretty much every point she lost. If it wasn't that thought, then I was wondering whether she's kept the offcuts cryogenically stored for use once she retires.

I wouldn't say top of her game, there were a couple of shocking double faults, but she's quick, pretty powerful and is being well coached. Plus she's a wee sweetie. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, I P Knightley said:

I watched the last set and a half and it's a terrible sign of the person I am that that phrase went through my head on pretty much every point she lost. If it wasn't that thought, then I was wondering whether she's kept the offcuts cryogenically stored for use once she retires.

I wouldn't say top of her game, there were a couple of shocking double faults, but she's quick, pretty powerful and is being well coached. Plus she's a wee sweetie. 

Yes i was overpraising as she does have a tendency to be inconsistent but she did manage to beat a very in form player so it may bode well.  Aye shes a pretty woman and seems a nice person.

I read that Serena has drawn against Emma but i cant recall which competition ? 

First round of the Cincinnati Open, which starts tomorrow. Pretty much guaranteed to be on their show court, as you would expect for Serena anyway, but even more so with the storyline of playing the current US Open champion.