Grand Slam Tennis ( updated )

Maroon Sailor

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Half the Wimbledon crowd would be dead if there wasn't a vaccine. 

Such a hero is Novak. 

🙄

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Homme said:

Me too. Win win. 

As long as Elena wins the women's 😍

She has an all round game when everything is on point. If her serve is dialled in Simona is on trouble.

Halep vastly experienced though.

30 minutes ago, Homme said:

She has an all round game when everything is on point. If her serve is dialled in Simona is on trouble.

Halep vastly experienced though.

Halep's in huge trouble...she ain't even in the final 🤣

Edited by neilnunb

JudyJudyJudy
37 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Halep's in huge trouble...she ain't even in the final 🤣

😂😂

Nookie Bear

Novak is a brilliant player, a tremendous athlete and has the mental fortitude to carry him through every situation. 

He is never the crowds favourite - either they support Federer or Nadal or a Brit, or it’s whichever underdog is playing. And he totally feeds off that. He will have used his Aussie exclusion for the same purpose. 

A bit of argy bargy at the end…so what? Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it back. Surely a football forum gets that!

Not classless at all. A winner. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Novak is a brilliant player, a tremendous athlete and has the mental fortitude to carry him through every situation. 

He is never the crowds favourite - either they support Federer or Nadal or a Brit, or it’s whichever underdog is playing. And he totally feeds off that. He will have used his Aussie exclusion for the same purpose. 

A bit of argy bargy at the end…so what? Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it back. Surely a football forum gets that!

You nailed it , surely a football form user should get that ! All the aggro , tension , etc as a supporter , it’s all part and parcel of Watching a football match , there always has to be the panto villain as such , . Unless said fans are part of the sweetie rustlers / library part of our fan base !! I’ve got   A feeling some are 😂

rudi must stay

I tell you who Djokovic plays like. He plays like a doctor, no fun and with evil in his eye. He has the support of them everywhere

JudyJudyJudy
28 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I tell you who Djokovic plays like. He plays like a doctor, no fun and with evil in his eye. He has the support of them everywhere

Probably best going back to sleep for a wee while Rudi ! Wake up more refreshed 

rudi must stay
42 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Probably best going back to sleep for a wee while Rudi ! Wake up more refreshed 

I never sleep my mind is always awake and alert 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

I never sleep my mind is always awake and alert 

It’s important to get some sleep . It revitalises one , good for the brain . Gives it a rest 

rudi must stay
18 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It’s important to get some sleep . It revitalises one , good for the brain . Gives it a rest 

When the mind is wronged it never rests. That's free psychology for you 

I P Knightley
13 hours ago, Tazio said:

If Kyrgios was to win the final it would be one of the biggest upsets in a grand slam final ever. A lot of people seem to realise that this apparently massively gifted player had never even made a semi final until this week. He’s one of those players in sport that we get told has all the attributes but oddly rarely shows it when the chips are down.  

The fact that he's in the final is the upset. If he were to win it, it wouldn't be a huge surprise - Djokovic has never taken a set off him.

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

The fact that he's in the final is the upset. 

That’s what I was getting at, his record in grand slams is poor, worse than I’d realised. 

6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Just unlucky to play in era of super popular Federer and Nadal. He should have a few years when they retire. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

That’s what I was getting at, his record in grand slams is poor, worse than I’d realised. 

Why he has barely ever played Djokovic.

Unusual match up. 

Not sure what my Halep chat was about :vrface: too many beers.

Not watching this women's final but looks like it might go to a third set if Elena can see this set out.

Made up for Elena Rybakina. Thoroughly deserved! 

Hopefully her career really kicks on now. She's sensational!

JudyJudyJudy

How ironic a Russian has won Wimbledon ?  😂😎 only saw it briefly but looked a good match . Women's game maybe better than I thought . Great to see . 

JudyJudyJudy
27 minutes ago, Homme said:

Made up for Elena Rybakina. Thoroughly deserved! 

Hopefully her career really kicks on now. She's sensational!

She really is . Only saw it briefly but impressed . Heard of her before and always been bubbling under ! 

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

She really is . Only saw it briefly but impressed . Heard of her before and always been bubbling under ! 

She was unbelievable at the start of 2020 in the swing down under. Think she got to 4 or 5 finals in a row. She then got injured and of course covid arrived and she just never got back to that level.

I thought she was destined to be a 'quarter final' player for the rest of her days so this is so good to see. I must say I didn't see success coming her way on grass, I thought it would likely have been in Oz or the US hard courts.

JudyJudyJudy
59 minutes ago, Homme said:

She was unbelievable at the start of 2020 in the swing down under. Think she got to 4 or 5 finals in a row. She then got injured and of course covid arrived and she just never got back to that level.

I thought she was destined to be a 'quarter final' player for the rest of her days so this is so good to see. I must say I didn't see success coming her way on grass, I thought it would likely have been in Oz or the US hard courts.

Yes I recall a friend singing her praises a few years back and betting on her a few times !! He says she was a player to watch . Think ones they make that slam final break through , win or lose that seems to be the turning point for them , if they have been playing a few years . It took Halep a few years to do this. 

3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes I recall a friend singing her praises a few years back and betting on her a few times !! He says she was a player to watch . Think ones they make that slam final break through , win or lose that seems to be the turning point for them , if they have been playing a few years . It took Halep a few years to do this. 

Hopefully Ons has more chances too - I'm sure she will, she is talented.

She seems like a top lass!

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, Homme said:

Hopefully Ons has more chances too - I'm sure she will, she is talented.

She seems like a top lass!

Yes the future or the womens game is improving if they both are consistent 

JudyJudyJudy

I was hoping to watch highlights of rgr final on “ today at Wimbledon “

But the “highlights “ consisted of about 5 minutes of condensed Action due to bbc2 showing the mens doubles final live ! Bloody annoying . The whole programme was cut to around 10 minutes . Why   Have the show on around 830 pm ? When they matches are still getting played ? Pathetic scheduling 

A Boy Named Crow

I've consulted with the wife,  she's my go-to for all things tennis. She reckons Kyrgios wins the first set (Djokovic apparently has form for dropping first sets), but then Djokovic will win in four tight sets. 

Anyone winning money off this tip, PM me for my bank details, I'll take my cut in AUD, or GBP.

:thumb:

Roxy Hearts
22 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I love a long lie but hasn't helped brain! 🤣

Bet365 odds.

Djokovic 2/7  Kyrgios 11/4.

I think it's closer than that.  May have a punt on Kyrgios to care about which erse wins.

JudyJudyJudy
56 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I love a long lie but hasn't helped brain! 🤣

Same here ! 😂

I P Knightley
45 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Bet365 odds.

Djokovic 2/7  Kyrgios 11/4.

I think it's closer than that.  May have a punt on Kyrgios to care about which erse wins.

Given that Djoko has never taken a set of Kyrgios, that looks like odds which have been set on "who does the English upper class think its the more decent chap? " 

I don't gamble but would be seriously tempted to put a quid or two on Kyrgios.

JudyJudyJudy

Great to see the worlds best tennis player in the final today against the worlds most unpredictable player . 

Hopefully it’s going to be a good match . I honestly don’t think Novak has played at his best at this tournament despite getting to the final , Apart from the match where he played that Dutch guy , when he was down but then went to another level .

Whereas Nick has played some wonderful tennis at times . I love his laconic player style , like he’s smoked a spliff before the match . 😂

I hope both tell that snooty , sweetie rustlers crowd to bolt if they start their pathetic jeering ! I love that two anti establishment guys are in the final . Two guys not afraid to speak their mind and stick to their principles . 

Great . May the best man win . 

I P Knightley
22 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Great to see the worlds best tennis player in the final today against the worlds most unpredictable player . 

Hopefully it’s going to be a good match . I honestly don’t think Novak has played at his best at this tournament despite getting to the final , Apart from the match where he played that Dutch guy , when he was down but then went to another level .

Whereas Nick has played some wonderful tennis at times . I love his laconic player style , like he’s smoked a spliff before the match . 😂

I hope both tell that snooty , sweetie rustlers crowd to bolt if they start their pathetic jeering ! I love that two anti establishment guys are in the final . Two guys not afraid to speak their mind and stick to their principles . 

Great . May the best man win . 

Sue and Tim and Andrew Carsehole will have faces like they've sucked lemons if it kicks off. I suspect that Novak is better equipped to handle Nick than most other players would be. The fact, as I've picked up on JKB,  that he's a genocidal maniac has to stand him in good stead🤪

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Sue and Tim and Andrew Carsehole will have faces like they've sucked lemons if it kicks off. I suspect that Novak is better equipped to handle Nick than most other players would be. The fact, as I've picked up on JKB,  that he's a genocidal maniac has to stand him in good stead🤪

😂😂😂😂 yeah poor guy , how can he ever be popular if he’s a genocidal maniac . Actually glad it’s Sue Barker last Wimbledon as she really is rather a wet blanket . She cut Mac off the other day when he was in full flow talking about Novak and Australia . I wanted to hear his views . She’s always been rather prudish and coy too. Is she no a vicars daughter or something ? Might explain a few things . I think it might be close today due to Novak inconsistency but I think he will win 🏅 doubt Nick will kick off in front of Novak today either . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy

Pam Shriver trying to cause trouble with this  tweet . Silly 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

What is she referring to? I didn't see the match.

When Rbykina won she just stood and did nothing , No fist pumping , screaming aloud , falling to Ground , running up to her friends and family in the box . Apparently “ emotionless “ like we can now see into peoples minds about how they are feeling at that very moment . I thought it was class 

. maybe she wants her to be like drama queen Serena 😂

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

What is she referring to? I didn't see the match.

Yea jealous as she peaked at 16 getting to the us open final then het singles career didn’t really go places. Relied on Martina for grand slams 

Jambo-Jimbo

Tough one this today, as I don't like either of them.

I'll be delighted that an arsehole has lost, but equally disappointed that an arsehole has won it.

Would love to see Kyrgios win it. He’s a complex entertaining character with glimpses of outrageous talent. Novak’s athleticism and winner mentality will probably see him lift the trophy. It should be a great final. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Best o mates now, wonder how long thats going to last.

I was thinking that too lol 

I do think There is a Hysterical over hype of Krygios by the commentators . He’s not seeded , hes playing against the number one player ! Bizarre . Still it’s the final . Anything can happen 

JudyJudyJudy

Outstanding tennis already . Krygios playing  a variety of shots / tactics. 

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Outstanding tennis already . Krygios playing  a variety of shots / tactics. 

Great match.

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Great match.

Yea it really is . I’m off out now so I’ll not see much more unless it’s 5 sets lol ! Only thing I’d say Nick has to keep to that level of brilliance to win it . That can be hard to do . Happy for either player to win . Both great guys