Grand Slam Tennis ( updated )

Maroon Sailor

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Musetti at times is a joy to watch , presently giving the Greek fraud a scare. 

ShitsHisPants? A fraud? Wella, wella, ooh! Tell me more...

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I P Knightley
8 hours ago, jonesy said:

Carreno Busta choked big time at the end v Simon. Crowd beyond partisan.

That partisanship should make for quite a spectacle when Gasquet plays Korda this evening. I'd normally have tipped Korda but, in Paris, Gasquet will have an extra boost. 

Also this afternoon, two Spaniards meet. Alcaraz v Ramos-Villas. ARV has experience and is no slouch on clay; I'll try to tune in for that. 

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

That partisanship should make for quite a spectacle when Gasquet plays Korda this evening. I'd normally have tipped Korda but, in Paris, Gasquet will have an extra boost. 

Also this afternoon, two Spaniards meet. Alcaraz v Ramos-Villas. ARV has experience and is no slouch on clay; I'll try to tune in for that. 

Gasquet seems to have been playing forever. Bonne chance to him though . Great elegant player with some nifty shots 

JudyJudyJudy

As predicted Rad out . Was fairly awful . Least she isn’t blaming an injury as yet 

I P Knightley
14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

As predicted Rad out . Was fairly awful . Least she isn’t blaming an injury as yet 

Looked OK in the first set but had nothing afterwards.

JudyJudyJudy
31 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Looked OK in the first set but had nothing afterwards.

I know she’s only 19 but she needs things sorted . A coach is a priority . She’s all over the place really 

I P Knightley

Zverev clinging on by his fingernails in the fifth set here.

ARV making a match of it against Carlito having bombed the first set. At one point he was 1-1 in sets and a break up but it's now all square in the third set.

JudyJudyJudy

Dokey though but had a tough 3rd set ! He’s currently being interviewed by Marianne Bartoli en French ! Who’s the English commentator as he translates the French ? Very impressive . 

I P Knightley

ShitsHisPants being made to work for it in the second round as well. A tight tie-break in the second set here which he only squeaked through 10-8. He's lucky he's in the half of the draw that he's in. A couple more 'should be' easy meat oppo waiting for him before it gets serious. By then, he might have shaken off whatever blues he's had thus far.

Wee D4nny Evans is soldiering away. Lokks like he's about to go 2-1 down in sets.

I P Knightley
42 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Some daftie throwing her racquet. 

Just about hit some wee laddie in the front row. Had it been Djokovic, it would have been a default; especially if the kid had hit the floor. As it was, he barely lifted his eyes from his phone so she was OK.

8 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Just about hit some wee laddie in the front row. Had it been Djokovic, it would have been a default; especially if the kid had hit the floor. As it was, he barely lifted his eyes from his phone so she was OK.

The wee guy was crying, he shit himself. I think she should have been disqualified, that can't be happening. Yes you get emotional, but you need to behave.

I P Knightley

Simona Halep pumpded oot yesterday, sacrificing a strong lead and losing 11 out of 12 games in sets 2 and 3.

Now, I know that in the past she's had her knockers (OY, OY!! There it is!!) but she had an on-court panic attack which is a concern. I'm not entirely sure what injury caused her to drop down the rankings but not nice to hear that in the middle of a match where she's going well, something can flip inside her head and cause this kind of collapse to happen.

Hope she can get over it; she's a great player who deserves to be challenging at the top.

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Simona Halep pumpded oot yesterday, sacrificing a strong lead and losing 11 out of 12 games in sets 2 and 3.

Now, I know that in the past she's had her knockers (OY, OY!! There it is!!) but she had an on-court panic attack which is a concern. I'm not entirely sure what injury caused her to drop down the rankings but not nice to hear that in the middle of a match where she's going well, something can flip inside her head and cause this kind of collapse to happen.

Hope she can get over it; she's a great player who deserves to be challenging at the top.

She really should be at the top of her game. Unsure what happened. 

JudyJudyJudy
23 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Rafa out partying too much after the football last night?

God Sam Smith is annoying.

If he loses itll be " an injury"...its boring now to  be honest. 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Maybe he could try a mid match time out for an injury followed by a miraculous recovery instead. Some swear by that as a tactic. 

The Greatest Ever! Never gets boring. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Tazio said:

Maybe he could try a mid match time out for an injury followed by a miraculous recovery instead. Some swear by that as a tactic. 

Its worked for him many a time. Its draining now. However he is the darling of the tennis commentators it seems 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Fed up hearing about his foot already. 😁

He's somehow managed to increase the power in his 2nd serve at RG this year despite his body being a wreck 🙄

Its worked for him many a time. Its draining now. However he is the darling of the tennis commentators it seems 

I was talking about someone else. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Fed up hearing about his foot already. 😁

He's somehow managed to increase the power in his 2nd serve at RG this year despite his body being a wreck 🙄

Its nauseating . 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Tazio said:

I know but you can say the same for Nadal. Hes worse in fact. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

We know...however Nadal was at that sort of thing long before anyone else currently on tour.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The Greatest Ever! Never gets boring. 

giphy (9).gif

Nookie Bear
On 27/05/2022 at 13:18, I P Knightley said:

Lovely bit of business there, Mr K

Must be a slight concern in the womens game that Osaka is struggling mentally, Halep also having issues of that nature and Barty has simply walked away from it. 

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Lovely bit of business there, Mr K

Must be a slight concern in the womens game that Osaka is struggling mentally, Halep also having issues of that nature and Barty has simply walked away from it. 

I'm not sure i could live with myself if I let a grand slam event go by without the Halep/knockers gag.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, PortyJambo said:

Shitsispants out, beaten in 4 sets by a young Danish player.

So title is def Novak or the bum scratcher then . 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Medvedev crushed.

That seemed to come from nowhere and the joke is he could be number one after Wimbledon due to the ATP not awarding ranking points for it due to its discriminating against Russian and other countries . However I do think the ATP were right to do something. 

I P Knightley
15 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

That seemed to come from nowhere and the joke is he could be number one after Wimbledon due to the ATP not awarding ranking points for it due to its discriminating against Russian and other countries . However I do think the ATP were right to do something. 

Medvedev is never absolutely convincing. He doesn't have the aura of Djoko/Nadal/Federer as being a player who'll dominate tennis. Also remember that he's working his way back from (I think) a hernia operation; I wouldn't have put too much money on him.

Holger Rune, who knocked out Shitshispants, is another with great potential. I believe that he and Carlos Alcaraz have crossed swords throughout their junior careers and there is much respect between the two of them. That said, I think Rune's victory over Shitsi is a bigger surprise than Cilic pumpding oot Medvedev. But then you hear Shitsi saying stuff like "all these youngsters are gunning for me" and you think that, perhaps, he's a little complacent, believing that he's a target.

Two huge matches this afternoon. I think Djoko will get past Nadal but really can't call the other one. Zverev's paying well and with focus but I suspect the whole crowd will be behind Carlito.

New Town Loafer
2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Two huge matches this afternoon. I think Djoko will get past Nadal but really can't call the other one. Zverev's paying well and with focus but I suspect the whole crowd will be behind Carlito.

Should be a cracking day's tennis. Hoping Djokovic and Alcaraz make it through.

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

Should be a cracking day's tennis. Hoping Djokovic and Alcaraz make it through.

So do I . I think Novak is really gunning for Nadal for a variety of reasons and he will be fired up to **** I think it’s going to be a straight sets win  . There I’ve put my head on the parapet . I’m sick to back teeth of Nadal “ heroically “ playing on even if “ injured “ and now his new complaint is he’s playing an evening match and that doesn’t suit him . Those are the rules mate , remember you said that about Novak and the Aussie open debacle . 

29080698-28B1-4FDC-992A-A35DC7C2A8C6.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
28 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Medvedev is never absolutely convincing. He doesn't have the aura of Djoko/Nadal/Federer as being a player who'll dominate tennis. Also remember that he's working his way back from (I think) a hernia operation; I wouldn't have put too much money on him.

Holger Rune, who knocked out Shitshispants, is another with great potential. I believe that he and Carlos Alcaraz have crossed swords throughout their junior careers and there is much respect between the two of them. That said, I think Rune's victory over Shitsi is a bigger surprise than Cilic pumpding oot Medvedev. But then you hear Shitsi saying stuff like "all these youngsters are gunning for me" and you think that, perhaps, he's a little complacent, believing that he's a target.

Yes it’s a great day of tennis . I think shit his pants was firmly put in his place by Rune. Very arrogant assessment he has of the “ younger “ ones . I think Alcaraz is sensational but his time is still to come , but there’s a good chance he will get passed Zverev. 

Edited by JamesM48

New Town Loafer
29 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

So do I . I think Novak is really gunning for Nadal for a variety of reasons and he will be fired up to **** I think it’s going to be a straight sets win  . There I’ve put my head on the parapet . I’m sick to back teeth of Nadal “ heroically “ playing on even if “ injured “ and now his new complaint is he’s playing an evening match and that doesn’t suit him . Those are the rules mate , remember you said that about Novak and the Aussie open debacle . 

29080698-28B1-4FDC-992A-A35DC7C2A8C6.jpeg

I used to love Nadal. Growing up he was my favourite player outwith Murray - and if I'm honest that was mainly just because Murray was Scottish.

Recently, however, he has seemed to buy into the media love affair with him and comes cross as a vain, self-righteous 'yes-man'. A great shame as I always thought he was the archetypal humble professional before.

New Town Loafer
Just now, New Town Loafer said:

Recently, however, he has seemed to buy into the media love affair with him and comes cross as a vain, self-righteous 'yes-man'. 

He speaks very highly of me, though.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

I used to love Nadal. Growing up he was my favourite player outwith Murray - and if I'm honest that was mainly just because Murray was Scottish.

Recently, however, he has seemed to buy into the media love affair with him and comes cross as a vain, self-righteous 'yes-man'. A great shame as I always thought he was the archetypal humble professional before.

Yes that’s exactly how I feel too . I went off him after the Auusie open and now with this other prima Donna carry on too . However at least he supported the ATP not awarding Wimbledon ranking points . But he’s just coming across as more neurotic now . It’s the exact opposite with Novak . I’m not appreciating how great a player he is and a fine , principled man too . 

New Town Loafer
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes that’s exactly how I feel too . I went off him after the Auusie open and now with this other prima Donna carry on too . However at least he supported the ATP not awarding Wimbledon ranking points . But he’s just coming across as more neurotic now . It’s the exact opposite with Novak . I’m not appreciating how great a player he is and a fine , principled man too . 

👍

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

👍

Meant “ now “ not “ not “ 😂

Jeffros Furios

Hopefully Nadal wins and the Serbian war criminal is sent to the Hague .

The German domestic abuser  has won the first set but I still expect Alcaraz to win .