• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Theres a new item about it on STV news catch up on it on STV plus 1 or its Iplayer. Yes it said he is from Dundee 

28 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Theres a new item about it on STV news catch up on it on STV plus 1 or its Iplayer. Yes it said he is from Dundee 

Been shared about 50 times on my news feed on FB lol quite a well known guy. Didn't actually know he had moved over there.

Malinga the Swinga

Great result for Murray this morning and he's into Sydney open final. Could be all GB final if Evans beats top seeded opponent.

29 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Great result for Murray this morning and he's into Sydney open final. Could be all GB final if Evans beats top seeded opponent.

Good news . I try not to like Andy Murray but I love his dour humour . Dan Evans is a decent working class lad 

I P Knightley
26 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Excellent stuff, although he's always had a knack against the big guys (O'Pelka is 7 feet tall in his trainers).

Final will be against either Dan Evans or Karatsev, a Russian who I'd heard nothing about before last year and seems to be a bit of a late bloomer. Murray's knocking on the door of the top 100 and will make it in if he wins the tournament.

Good on him.

I P Knightley
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Good news . I try not to like Andy Murray but I love his dour humour . Dan Evans is a decent working class lad 

In an on-court interview, Murray told everyone they should just turn up to the arena with Scottish flags, "My mum will probably sort out tickets for you."

Just now, I P Knightley said:

In an on-court interview, Murray told everyone they should just turn up to the arena with Scottish flags, "My mum will probably sort out tickets for you."

Yes I saw that last night . I do love his dour persona . He seems a lovely guy but still a miserable c%%% on court 😂

I P Knightley
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes I saw that last night . I do love his dour persona . He seems a lovely guy but still a miserable c%%% on court 😂

End of the day, he's a Hibby. So if you find him hard to like, that's OK.

8 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I just saw a clip of one point in Murray's match where he manages to lob O'Pelka. Pure filth!

Now that’s cheeky 😂 

Plays Karatsev who won in an epic v Evans earlier.

No issues with Karatsev's fitness though - he regularly plays out long drawn out games.

Will be a cracking match tomorrow.

This is simply allowing a major sporting event to go ahead with its major player(s)

During EURO 2020 last year players and officials were given exemption from quarantine when “normal” people were not. 

We have also made a lot of noise in the last couple of years that football in particular be given preferential treatment. 

Novak should play. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This is simply allowing a major sporting event to go ahead with its major player(s)

During EURO 2020 last year players and officials were given exemption from quarantine when “normal” people were not. 

We have also made a lot of noise in the last couple of years that football in particular be given preferential treatment. 

Novak should play. 

Its political . Simple as that. Tainted tournament. 

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Its political . Simple as that. Tainted tournament. 

It makes the Australian paper look a bit small-minded and petty tbh

We coped with footballers travelling all over the place when on lockdown because we appreciated the entertainment. 

Major sporting event that millions will watch. Not like Novak would be out partying, just playing amazing tennis. 

13 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Novak should play. 

Boo hoo!

13 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

It makes the Australian paper look a bit small-minded and petty tbh

We coped with footballers travelling all over the place when on lockdown because we appreciated the entertainment. 

Major sporting event that millions will watch. Not like Novak would be out partying, just playing amazing tennis. 

You seem to have a stutter.

British number 1 Cameron Norrie out in straight sets . Disappointing . 

Edited by JamesM48

Jeffros Furios

Korda has been touted as a potential champion for a while but his form is inconsistent 

Alcaraz will be a major winner and has form on the hard courts even though he's suited to clay 

Badosa's form the last 12 months and winning a title 2 days ago gives her a good chance .

Love the tennis .

I P Knightley
35 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Korda has been touted as a potential champion for a while but his form is inconsistent 

Alcaraz will be a major winner and has form on the hard courts even though he's suited to clay 

Badosa's form the last 12 months and winning a title 2 days ago gives her a good chance .

Love the tennis .

When Korda's on song, he looks unstoppable. He's been erratic, though, but if he builds a bit of relisience and stamina, he'll be challenging for multiple titles.

Norrie seemed flat and subdued. They'll try to put it down to Covid interruptions but Korda also had to miss a week due to the virus.

Kokkinakis just couldn't cope with the conditions out there today even after winning at Adelaide last week. Bombed out in straight sets!

Crowd making arses off themselves trying to boo and put off a deaf player.

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

When Korda's on song, he looks unstoppable. He's been erratic, though, but if he builds a bit of relisience and stamina, he'll be challenging for multiple titles.

Norrie seemed flat and subdued. They'll try to put it down to Covid interruptions but Korda also had to miss a week due to the virus.

He looked flat during the ATP as well, almost like the momentum had been kncoked out of him over winter.

Aslan Karatsev who beat Andy Murray in the Sydney Open final on Saturday came from 2-1 down to win in 5 sets.

Miomir Kecmanovic who was due to play Djokovic beat Salvatore Caruso in 3 sets. 

I P Knightley
6 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Love the tennis .

At some point, you'll find me dragging up the post where I said that Carlos Alcarez is the future of men's tennis.

If things go to plan, he'll beat Lajovic on Wednesday; have a big old match against Berretini on Friday and the winner of that might find themself up against Korda.

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

At some point, you'll find me dragging up the post where I said that Carlos Alcarez is the future of men's tennis.

If things go to plan, he'll beat Lajovic on Wednesday; have a big old match against Berretini on Friday and the winner of that might find themself up against Korda.

Alcaraz is an outstanding talent who will  win multiple majors , he could dominate for a decade .

Sanders is overpriced v Sabalenka.

Brit wise I can see Murray and Evans progressing. Broady will lose to Kyrgios. On the women's side Dart is on to a hiding and Emma will likely lose out to Stephens.

Jeffros Furios
30 minutes ago, Homme said:

Brit wise I can see Murray and Evans progressing. Broady will lose to Kyrgios. On the women's side Dart is on to a hiding and Emma will likely lose out to Stephens.

When the red mist descends Sabalenka falls aparts , double fault after double fault .

37 minutes ago, Homme said:

Stephens had lost in the first round at Oz 5 times. However i think she will be too good for Rad. Straight sets win. I dont gamble but she is favourite too. 

Bet365 have Emma as slight favourite still.

Rybakina absolutely destroyed her. Stephens not at that level but I think she will edge a close game. 

Sabalenka has been an absolute mess since the new year. She is there for the taking tomorrow morning.

I didn't see it but noticed Gauff is out. She was one of my dark horses.

I'm of the opinion it's 100% Barty's to lose but Elena Rybakina is my top female player so I'd love her to win her first slam.

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

Bet365 have Emma as slight favourite still.

Rybakina absolutely destroyed her. Stephens not at that level but I think she will edge a close game. 

Sabalenka has been an absolute mess since the new year. She is there for the taking tomorrow morning.

I didn't see it but noticed Gauff is out. She was one of my dark horses.

I'm of the opinion it's 100% Barty's to lose but Elena Rybakova is my top female player so I'd love her to win her first slam.

Rad v Sloan will be intriguing. Its a tough call I think as jury still out on Rad really.  On Ladbrokes Sloan is favourite or was.

Sabalanka , is like most on the circuit now..  wildly inconsistent . Halep is one of the worse. I haven't seen Rab play so cant comment about her. I am unsure who she is playing next round ? Thats a surprise re Gauff as it was predicted she would be the next big thing a couple years back but hasnt came through as yet. She has plenty time to do so. 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Rad v Sloan will be intriguing. Its a tough call I think as jury still out on Rad really.  On Ladbrokes Sloan is favourite or was.

Sabalanka , is like most on the circuit now..  wildly inconsistent . Halep is one of the worse. I haven't seen Rab play so cant comment about her. I am unsure who she is playing next round ? Thats a surprise re Gauff as it was predicted she would be the next big thing a couple years back but hasnt came through as yet. She has plenty time to do so. 

Yeah she is still only 17 years old I think...crazy. plenty time ahead of her.

Rybakina is up against her compatriots Diyas through the night. Should be a straight set win.