Grand Slam Tennis ( updated )

Maroon Sailor

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Aye ok.

Couldn't care what he is, except the fact he is a fantastic talent that rewrote tennis history.

Do you class him as a gooner **** because he supports Arsenal as well.

All that bollox isirrelevant to me, I am afraid.

Not that fussed about Arsenal fans, not that keen on Hibs fans no matter what they do. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Unquestionably one of Scotland’s finest sportsmen. That better for you?

Didn’t say he wasn’t did i?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

The resident Haggistanis have been triggered by the hibby tennis player and it's fantastic to see. Absolutely fantastic.

Casual racism. Lovely. 

Robbo-Jambo
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Not that fussed about Arsenal fans, not that keen on Hibs fans no matter what they do. 

Don't think Murray could find his way to Easter Road if you plonked him into Middletons 😄

Mars plastic
19 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Get oot, Britboy. Sir Andy 'Please like me England' Murray. If you had a backbone you'd have been a great., ya sell oot. Fat Stan levels is where you'll be remember. :byebye:

:lol:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Norrie getting handed a bit of a spanking by Fed at the moment.

Hasn’t turned up

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

What a win!

What a performance!

What a talent!

Not seen her play but sounds great I’m out on the piss today 

JudyJudyJudy
47 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha so I’ve just to like folk because they’re Scottish and good at their sport? Do you like Scott Brown? Leigh Griffiths? 

Good point 

JudyJudyJudy

No firmer champions in the Ladies thru to week 2 ! Not seen that in years 

48 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Aye ok.

Couldn't care what he is, except the fact he is a fantastic talent that rewrote tennis history.

Do you class him as a gooner **** because he supports Arsenal as well.

All that bollox isirrelevant to me, I am afraid.

You could equally have a debate about privilege. 

Several silver spoons in the life of Emma Raducanu. UK media will lap her up. No hard edges there. 

Or just enjoy the talent and competition. 

Big Slim Stylee
28 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Don't think Murray could find his way to Easter Road if you plonked him into Middletons 😄

His sports agency looks after three of the Hobo youngsters.

AlimOzturk

Roger Feds style is just so ****ing fluid and beautiful. Even at 39 he is the most graceful and true tennis player in the world. 

He needs to overcome Djokovic. Not sure if at his age he has the speed and the legs anymore to do it. However I wouldn’t put it past him. 

wonder how long he can go on for. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Robbo-Jambo
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You could equally have a debate about privilege. 

Several silver spoons in the life of Emma Raducanu. UK media will lap her up. No hard edges there. 

Or just enjoy the talent and competition. 

Latter one for me.

Robbo-Jambo
13 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

His sports agency looks after three of the Hobo youngsters.

Oh right does it. 😅 😝

Big Slim Stylee
38 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Oh right does it. 😅 😝

Two. My fault. Ryan Porteous a Fraser Murray. 77 sports management it’s called. Obviously he’s got a couple of young tennis ones signed up. He’s obviously planning for retirement 😀

AlimOzturk

Norrie has been a breath of fresh air this tournament. Fighting his heart out against an ageless federer. 

Robbo-Jambo
14 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Two. My fault. Ryan Porteous a Fraser Murray. 77 sports management it’s called. Obviously he’s got a couple of young tennis ones signed up. He’s obviously planning for retirement 😀

Aye he has got four kids to feed right enough.

Imagine anybody taking Porteous on 😳

Big Slim Stylee
30 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Aye he has got four kids to feed right enough.

Imagine anybody taking Porteous on 😳

😀

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That is a fair point, I think there’s one photo of him there ever. A typical hibby in my experience 😆

Edited by Pasquale for King

rudi must stay

Norrie really impressed me today what a gutsy player, no respect for anyone and going toe to toe with an on form Federer, he'll keep climbing up the rankings 

JudyJudyJudy

McEnroe v Borg the film was on BBC2 last night . It was excellent . It might be on catch up ? Great contrast between the players . Borg , cold , calm and methodical ,Mc completely the opposite . Reminds me of the contrast between Evert and Navratilova. Evert , the “ all American sweetheart “ , Pretty , Unemotional and calm , feminine , Martina butch , gay , wore her heart on her sleeve . But both sets of players made unforgettable matches and legendary rivalries 

JudyJudyJudy

Also Borg had great morals . He refused to play South Africa due to apartheid . A great Man . McEnroe also has a good social conscience also to be fair . Done a lot for charities 

British teenager Raducanu will shortly be a millionaire on the back of this Wimbledon

Already prize money just under £200,000 with maybe more to come in her first major tournament and the endorsements will flood in.

She has what the advertisers want in terms of good looks and a great smile....you can bet the sports clothing deal alone will be massive never mind the other products to follow

Hope she has good management in place and thinks career first

JudyJudyJudy

Looks a brilliant day today at the tennis . Numerous matches to savour . 

Kerber  v Gauff ( Gauff to win ) 

Barty v Krejickova ( Krejickkova to win ) 

and the highlight may be

Swiatek v Jabeur ( Jabeur to win )

Raducanu v Tomijanovic ( not sure of this one ) 

Men’s single fairly easy to predict I would think today 

Edited by JamesM48

Jeffros Furios
29 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Looks a brilliant day today at the tennis . Numerous matches to savour . 

Kerber  v Gauff ( Gauff to win ) 

Barty v Krejickova ( Krejickkova to win ) 

and the highlight may be

Swiatek v Jabeur ( Jabeur to win )

Raducanu v Tomijanovic ( not sure of this one ) 

Men’s single fairly easy to predict I would think today 

Badosa match will  be tight but she's in great form and performing well  on grass .

She is also incredibly attractive and she could become the new Mrs F .

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Badosa match will  be tight but she's in great form and performing well  on grass .

Badosa ? Never heard of her im

more a Berrtinni man myself 😎

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Badosa ? Never heard of her im

more a Berrtinni man myself 😎

If you're going to marry him , you ought to learn how to spell your new surname correctly :D

Looks like he's strolled to a routine win on court 12.

I've got a wee vested interest in goings on in the Juniors today. Two of the boys playing are old foes of Knightley Jr. from his days playing tournaments around the South-East. He's got a 3-0 winning record against one of them, including one match where tournament director asked me to ask my son to make it look like he was trying a bit harder as the other kid was crying and it looked like Knightley Jr was taking the piss. The other one's a 1-1 record. Things that might have been...

To be honest, I'm glad he's out of that lark. Those kids have had no life outside of tennis since the age of about 10.

JudyJudyJudy
33 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

If you're going to marry him , you ought to learn how to spell your new surname correctly :D

I've got a wee vested interest in goings on in the Juniors today. Two of the boys playing are old foes of Knightley Jr. from his days playing tournaments around the South-East. He's got a 3-0 winning record against one of them, including one match where tournament director asked me to ask my son to make it look like he was trying a bit harder as the other kid was crying and it looked like Knightley Jr was taking the piss. The other one's a 1-1 record. Things that might have been...

To be honest, I'm glad he's out of that lark. Those kids have had no life outside of tennis since the age of about 10.

I never said I wanted to marry him !! 😂 yes it appears the burn out of some players can start from players too young 

3 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Pics please

Cracking match between Barty and Krejcikova , Czechs first loss in 15 straight GS matches. Quite like Barty shes like yer female pal Whos one of the blokes.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

I never said I wanted to marry him !! 😂 yes it appears the burn out of some players can start from players too young 

Capriata?

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

That would utterly **** me off being asked to take it easy or make it look like the other guy was better. Killer instinct and all that jazz (or jazz hands for @JamesM48)

Pics not needed now

391E2D5D-A5AE-4D93-9D37-E35EE72F5722.jpeg

Was reading about her issues with depression and anxiety too 😞

Edited by sadj

I P Knightley
12 minutes ago, sadj said:

That would utterly **** me off being asked to take it easy or make it look like the other guy was better. Killer instinct and all that jazz (or jazz hands for @JamesM48)

My response was that if he wanted my lad to look like he was working harder, then the other kid should make him work for his points. What you had was one kid who'd been "spotted" as a future star and was in the sausage machine against a natural talent. The kid could play shots from the baseline all day long and had perfected the C-shape swing with hours of drills and a coach feeding the ball to him.

Knightley Jr was a much more enjoyable player to watch (I know, I know, it's a Dad brag but, honestly, I had tennis parents stopping to watch him after their kids had been knocked out plenty trying to find out where he got coached - basically, he wasn't coached). He played everywhere on the court and was frequently in at the net. Sausage factory kids hadn't been shown that and couldn't work out how to deal with it so balls would go wide; an occasional lob attempt would go long or anything vaguely in reach would get hammered away (hence the tears). But, hey; their parents were spending thousands of pounds a year with LTA 'performance centres' and they received favoured treatment - and cried when they lost.

But it's a miserable sport for teenagers, being completely accountable for your own results in a gladiatorial environment. It's little wonder the ones that make it through have no personality. Annabel Croft gave up at the age of 25 saying that she was fed up of having to get up each morning to go out and have a fight with her good friends; she'd much rather stay for another roll in the hay with IP Knightley. Is what she said.

22 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

My response was that if he wanted my lad to look like he was working harder, then the other kid should make him work for his points. What you had was one kid who'd been "spotted" as a future star and was in the sausage machine against a natural talent. The kid could play shots from the baseline all day long and had perfected the C-shape swing with hours of drills and a coach feeding the ball to him.

Knightley Jr was a much more enjoyable player to watch (I know, I know, it's a Dad brag but, honestly, I had tennis parents stopping to watch him after their kids had been knocked out plenty trying to find out where he got coached - basically, he wasn't coached). He played everywhere on the court and was frequently in at the net. Sausage factory kids hadn't been shown that and couldn't work out how to deal with it so balls would go wide; an occasional lob attempt would go long or anything vaguely in reach would get hammered away (hence the tears). But, hey; their parents were spending thousands of pounds a year with LTA 'performance centres' and they received favoured treatment - and cried when they lost.

But it's a miserable sport for teenagers, being completely accountable for your own results in a gladiatorial environment. It's little wonder the ones that make it through have no personality. Annabel Croft gave up at the age of 25 saying that she was fed up of having to get up each morning to go out and have a fight with her good friends; she'd much rather stay for another roll in the hay with IP Knightley. Is what she said.

I offered Badosa this option. Enjoying this match , she def seems to have a bit of the Capriata’s , Sharapova’s about her. Quality shots but not happy in herself if that makes sense.

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Pics please

Cracking match between Barty and Krejcikova , Czechs first loss in 15 straight GS matches. Quite like Barty shes like yer female pal Whos one of the blokes.

Sorry man I've not a scooby how to downlload pics, Rublev out and  once again fails to show his potential .

Paula Furios v Muchova is pretty decent .

12 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Sorry man I've not a scooby how to downlload pics, Rublev out and  once again fails to show his potential .

Paula Furios v Muchova is pretty decent .

Yeah I watched it. got Badosa on twitter didnt realise 🤣 She needs to stay mentally tough , that last game though , if its against you its against you Muchovas lobs 💔

15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Religious chap, apparently.

Or at least that's what I could make out when I overheard a conversation about him being bjorn again.

🤣👍🏻

I P Knightley
36 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Religious chap, apparently.

Or at least that's what I could make out when I overheard a conversation about him being bjorn again.

Well played, Jonesy!

I believe that he was the actor who played the young Bjorn in that Borg v McEnroe film. Went for the audition without 'fessing up to his real identity.

Maroon Sailor

Zverev looked like he had a serious injury in the 3rd set then ever since that has gone from strength to strength

Back in it at 4-6 6-7 6-3

25 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Zverev looked like he had a serious injury in the 3rd set then ever since that has gone from strength to strength

Back in it at 4-6 6-7 6-3

Been watching the Scilipoti match - she has some of the best facials ever. Only 18 and looks quality though. 

just did a google Guth is only 18 too😮

Edited by sadj

• davemclaren changed the title to Grand Slam Tennis ( updated )