Grand Slam Tennis ( updated )

Maroon Sailor

I P Knightley
10 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Preferred Annabel Croft to Sabatini, even all those years ago at high school.

Correct.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

She's quite attractive but you may be referring to Laura Robson who was well worth a drop shot but I think she fecked her wrist so had to give it up.

🤔

She fecked up my wrist too when she was playing...

JudyJudyJudy

Some good matches to look out for today

Evans v Lopez ( hard to call but since you guys rave about thd ladies I’ll rave about Lopez 😎

Dimitrov v Verdasco 

Kyrigios v Humbert ( only cause he’s a radge and a good laugh to see his antics on court ) 

Norrie v Pouille ( tight match ) 

Ladies ; 

Mertens v Dart ( expect another shit Brit out first round ) 

Rogers v Stosur ( hard to call ) 

Barty v Suarez Navarro ( this might be a 3 setter not surprised if it’s an upset) 

Sasnovich v Serena ( never heard of her but the old lion hopefully roars through this round ) 

Cornet v Andrescuu ( could be another tight match ) 

I P Knightley
25 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Some good matches to look out for today

Evans v Lopez ( hard to call but since you guys rave about thd ladies I’ll rave about Lopez 😎

Dimitrov v Verdasco 

Kyrigios v Humbert ( only cause he’s a radge and a good laugh to see his antics on court ) 

Norrie v Pouille ( tight match ) 

Ladies ; 

Mertens v Dart ( expect another shit Brit out first round ) 

Rogers v Stosur ( hard to call ) 

Barty v Suarez Navarro ( this might be a 3 setter not surprised if it’s an upset) 

Sasnovich v Serena ( never heard of her but the old lion hopefully roars through this round ) 

Cornet v Andrescuu ( could be another tight match ) 

Aye, he's a good looking lad. I wouldn't want him coming into the bar while I was chatting to Annabel Croft.

That should be a good match, though. Evans ought to win but the commentators will be getting on our nerves about 'British hopes' throughout when all I'm interested in is a decent tennis match. Thankfully Deliciano is a Spaniard; if we had an Englishman up against a German, I'd probably have to take the dog out for a very long walk.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

Aye, he's a good looking lad. I wouldn't want him coming into the bar while I was chatting to Annabel Croft.

That should be a good match, though. Evans ought to win but the commentators will be getting on our nerves about 'British hopes' throughout when all I'm interested in is a decent tennis match. Thankfully Deliciano is a Spaniard; if we had an Englishman up against a German, I'd probably have to take the dog out for a very long walk.

Lol 😂 hopefully it’s a long match so I can ogle sorry watch it . I’m out later in afternoon so might not see it all if it’s a 5 setter . It might well be . I like Evans as he’s a working class lad so he’s nit had it easy like some other Brits . 

13 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Still my wee fav 

monica-seles.jpg

Can't believe that bloke in the background is looking so bored given the eyeful he's receiving...

I P Knightley
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Lol 😂 hopefully it’s a long match so I can ogle sorry watch it . I’m out later in afternoon so might not see it all if it’s a 5 setter . It might well be . I like Evans as he’s a working class lad so he’s nit had it easy like some other Brits . 

Yep - Evo fell into bad ways when he had a little success and recognition, served his time and decided to focus and come back stronger. He's deserved his successes over the last few years.

They're about to kick off now.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Yep - Evo fell into bad ways when he had a little success and recognition, served his time and decided to focus and come back stronger. He's deserved his successes over the last few years.

They're about to kick off now.

👍

16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I like Evans too, has some character, unlike the likes of Edmund.

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Can't believe that bloke in the background is looking so bored given the eyeful he's receiving...

Could be boredom, could be using his knee for support to make sure he's steady and can focus properly

I P Knightley
Just now, Smithee said:

Could be boredom, could be using his knee for support to make sure he's steady and can focus properly

You're right. It looks like his right hand is in the correct position.

Just had a quick scan down the order of play. Andy Murray's next opponent is due to come back on court later to finish off a five setter. Currently 9-9 in the fifth set.

Cori Gauff taking on the Brit, Fran Jones, who was born missing some fingers.

Unknown user
Just now, I P Knightley said:

You're right. It looks like his right hand is in the correct position.

Just had a quick scan down the order of play. Andy Murray's next opponent is due to come back on court later to finish off a five setter. Currently 9-9 in the fifth set.

He's a man who's really into his hobbies

4 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Toes too, think she was born only with 7. Impressive that she's managed to overcome that to become a tennis professional, as you'd expect balance as well as gripping the racket is inordinately harder for her than someone born with the full complement.

52 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

I'm not sure it's boredom, but here's the same image with better focus so you can judge for yourself.

inCollage_20210629_114101076.jpg

Just now, fancy a brew said:

I'm not sure it's boredom, but here's the same image with better focus so you can judge for yourself.

inCollage_20210629_114101076.jpg

:rofl:

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

If you like your totty posh

three-years-later-sue-was-again-in-action-at-wimbledon-she-reached-the-quarter-final-of-the-doubles--ournament-in-1980--pa-136405233420426902-160418134936.thumb.jpg.1faab87b5d9649f543981b9a045cb5c7.jpg

And if you like a weird grip !!! 😂

Governor Tarkin
17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

And if you like a weird grip !!! 😂

She needs to space her hands out a bit further imo.

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

She needs to space her hands out a bit further imo.

Hands ? Someone has one inflated ego it seems well something is inflated 

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

She fecked up my wrist too when she was playing...

😦, hope its better now, ive had 2 broken wrists, really sore,great win for Andy thought

he had hibs it, but he kept going.

He will improve as it goes on, still needs more match play.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

😦, hope its better now, ive had 2 broken wrists, really sore,great win for Andy thought

he had hibs it, but he kept going.

He will improve as it goes on, still needs more match play.

Improves ??? I rather doubt it . Sorry . I like him but he will be lucky to get passed the next round on that uneven , reckless form he displayed last night 

13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Izzat Anna K?

A mate once said that he'd eat the shite oot her arse with a spoon like a bairn with a jar of Nutella, just to be close to her.

That's disgusting. Who the hell uses a spoon to eat nutella...just dip your digit in. 🤭

JudyJudyJudy
35 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Izzat Anna K?

A mate once said that he'd eat the shite oot her arse with a spoon like a bairn with a jar of Nutella, just to be close to her.

2A8AA268-AE57-434F-84F7-86565A8B5ED9.gif

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Improves ??? I rather doubt it . Sorry . I like him but he will be lucky to get passed the next round on that uneven , reckless form he displayed last night 

Dont think hes played much James , he had an injury, but maybe you are right, he certainly hit

some strange shots, that 3rd set😵, imploded big time.

Governor Tarkin
38 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Izzat Anna K?

I can see where he's coming from, tbf.

JudyJudyJudy
40 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Izzat Anna K?

She’s skin and bone 🦴 yuck ! Not that I would anyway but chunkier is better in my book 📕 

DBE2C9F0-A351-40CD-A9F8-568C7FC2200A.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Dont think hes played much James , he had an injury, but maybe you are right, he certainly hit

some strange shots, that 3rd set😵, imploded big time.

He hasn’t . Think he got a wild card ? I like  him But think his winning days are over . He was very vulnerable last night and could easily have lost . 

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Izzat Anna K?

20210617_101752.jpg

I P Knightley
54 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

He hasn’t . Think he got a wild card ? I like  him But think his winning days are over . He was very vulnerable last night and could easily have lost . 

I think he made the draw based on his own ranking. He's just outside the top 100. I know there's a handful of wildcards and qualifiers from outside the top 128 but, with all the dropouts and injuries in the top 100, I think Murray didn't need to rely on a WC this year.

I P Knightley
14 minutes ago, jonesy said:

That's a strapping young lad. Who is he?

That's one of Murray's former coaches, Alan E Mauresmo.

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, jonesy said:

That's a strapping young lad. Who is he?

💪it’s Amelia Muscles 😆😎this is a strapping young lad 👍👍5DDE038E-2CA6-4B69-9FE6-697263117836.jpeg.dd2c72a9eb050aa9fe21479b46b7a1d2.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I think he made the draw based on his own ranking. He's just outside the top 100. I know there's a handful of wildcards and qualifiers from outside the top 128 but, with all the dropouts and injuries in the top 100, I think Murray didn't need to rely on a WC this year.

👍 I didn’t know that 

JudyJudyJudy

Can someone please explain why John Inverdale is a commentator ??? He is atrocious . The only decent ones are Mark Petchey and Andrew castle IMO . Martina , Chris and Billie Jean are not bad on the women’s commentary . Still can’t beat old Dan Maskell , think he nearly spilled his strawberries over him when Martina had her “ Friend “ Judy Neilson in her box in the 1980s 😂😂😂

I P Knightley

I've got a mate who's there at Wimbledon today. He tricked me into turning on the video stream to watch Barty v Suarez-Navarro. Told me it would be a hubba-hubba moment. Very disappointing and the tennis is shite too, although it's nice to see one of them trying the single handed backhand. Couldn't hit a barn door with it but it's still an elegant shot; reminds me why I grew to like Federer before the golden jacket shite.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Can someone please explain why John Inverdale is a commentator ??? He is atrocious . The only decent ones are Mark Petchey and Andrew castle IMO . Martina , Chris and Billie Jean are not bad on the women’s commentary . Still can’t beat old Dan Maskell , think he nearly spilled his strawberries over him when Martina had her “ Friend “ Judy Neilson in her box in the 1980s 😂😂😂

Sorry players box !! 😂😂

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I've got a mate who's there at Wimbledon today. He tricked me into turning on the video stream to watch Barty v Suarez-Navarro. Told me it would be a hubba-hubba moment. Very disappointing and the tennis is shite too, although it's nice to see one of them trying the single handed backhand. Couldn't hit a barn door with it but it's still an elegant shot; reminds me why I grew to like Federer before the golden jacket shite.

That’s an Incredibly tough shot to pull off . Still think Seles running two handed back hand was amazing . Sabitini also did a very elegant  drop shot with incredible spin . Sanchez Viccario too . McEnroe lefty serve with spin . 

rudi must stay

Impressed with Barty there. Plays a game that isn't big hitting and intimidation instead moving her opponent around, refreshing 

I P Knightley
16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Andrew Castle not at all popular over Twitter. I avoid the TV commentary and tune into Wimbledon Radio on the official website. I don't need to have shot by shot description when I can see it myself so it's the chat all around it that matters more. The guys on the radio earn their crust, having to have sound going on all the time. They'll be parched today, talking non-stop when there's only two matches playing!

Inverdale's a grade A James Hunt but if he wasn't around, we wouldn't have this beauty:

Federer dominating now despite his opponent making things tricky in the first set. Still looks good if slightly off pace. Might be age finally catching up with him or  the fact he hasn’t played much because of knee injuries. 

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Impressed by the German boy with the Russian surname. Think he's number 4 seed. 

Yes. He is a future number one and the most likely to take the mantle off of Novak and Nadal. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Impressed with Barty there. Plays a game that isn't big hitting and intimidation instead moving her opponent around, refreshing 

Never watched it but thought it would be a 3 setter 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Andrew Castle not at all popular over Twitter. I avoid the TV commentary and tune into Wimbledon Radio on the official website. I don't need to have shot by shot description when I can see it myself so it's the chat all around it that matters more. The guys on the radio earn their crust, having to have sound going on all the time. They'll be parched today, talking non-stop when there's only two matches playing!

Inverdale's a grade A James Hunt but if he wasn't around, we wouldn't have this beauty:

He certainly is a Wally 

JudyJudyJudy

Flicking between the footie and this . Marranono serving is a joy to watch , the lefty serve is a beautiful shot ! 

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

🤣🤣

• davemclaren changed the title to Grand Slam Tennis ( updated )