Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• RobboM

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

What a daft way to frame the situation I get that the paper needs to sensationalise things and concentrate on how things affect the old firm but you would think that we were just applying for a laugh and not because we have a need for a reserve set up

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What a daft way to frame the situation I get that the paper needs to sensationalise things and concentrate on how things affect the old firm but you would think that we were just applying for a laugh and not because we have a need for a reserve set up

It's an Embra paper FFS.

Just now, briever said:

It's an Embra paper FFS.

Yes it is but that does not make the point any less accurate

Fly the Saltire
47 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If the SPFL clubs really cared about the development of their young players they would voted to reinstate the reserve league.

However a better idea is for the top 4 or 6 clubs in financial terms to be allowed to enter B teams in Division two and allowed to get promotion into Division  one.

This works well enough in Spain as well as Portugal Germany Holland and France.

2 minutes ago, Fly the Saltire said:

If the SPFL clubs really cared about the development of their young players they would voted to reinstate the reserve league.

However a better idea is for the top 4 or 6 clubs in financial terms to be allowed to enter B teams in Division two and allowed to get promotion into Division  one.

This works well enough in Spain as well as Portugal Germany Holland and France.

The old firm said jump and the authorities asked how high

part_time_jambo
3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Simple solution - The EOS 3rd division next season (This season's conference X) will only have 8 or 9 teams. The 3 clubs could start there, where they should have in the first place, instead of being granted special access to the Lowland league.

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

The OF would go the the WoS, not EoS.

49 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Simple solution - The EOS 3rd division next season (This season's conference X) will only have 8 or 9 teams. The 3 clubs could start there, where they should have in the first place, instead of being granted special access to the Lowland league.

I'd rather Celtic B and Rangers B joined the WOSFL if you don't mind.  They wouldn't be eligible to join the EOSFL because of their location (as agreed with the WOSFL)

part_time_jambo
2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

The OF would go the the WoS, not EoS.

When did rules and boundaries ever stop the OF?

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Curious why Rangers and/or Celtic are backing Hearts though. Or united front at least. 

Last year the Lowland League were at pains to stress that the guest teams wasn't simply to help the OF but good for Scottish football. It was just chance that it happened to be the OF that were the only teams that applied. This season the LL have published their criteria and invited applicants (without any indication what the selection criteria would be) with a very firm nod and wink that only the OF would apply. IF the LL were to chose the OF as the 2 then it is effectively stating that the 2 guest teams are a closed shop and I think that would be unacceptable in terms of the optics and also to a number of the LL clubs that vote on it. I think it is inevitable that they would have to chose Hearts plus 1, or have a random selection. Either option could disadvantage the half of the OF that would lose out. Hence the OF stand together as a bulwark against that.
NB Just an opinion 🙂

Chuck Berry
15 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

When did rules and boundaries ever stop the OF?

When the EoS tell them to join the WoS if they ever tried it

Footballfirst
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Darvel 0 - 1 Tranent Juniors

Half time I think.

It is the half time score.

Wayne McIntosh scored for Tranent.

Darvel was the better side for the first 15 minutes, but Tranent got better as the half went on. The Darvel keeper also had a great save to deny Rory Currie.

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Full time 2-0. Tranent promoted

Fantastic!

Expect LTHV should send some champagne! 😂

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Full time 2-0. Tranent promoted

some Darvel players away on a stag weekend 😂

Footballfirst

Just home. Tranent deserved the win.  Darvel had one great chance early in the second half with a close range shot that hit the post and the rebound was cleared off the line.  Docherty had two or three good chances on the break before finally scoring after being set up by Currie.

The home fans were pretty subdued as soon as Tranent went in front and were on their way home as soon as Tranent got their second.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Penicuik, who finished runner-up to Tranent in the EOSFL Premier League could be looking for a new striking force next season.  After losing Nicky Reid and Kieran Watson on pre contracts to Edinburgh City, they could also be without Paul Tansey, at her majesty's pleasure, after he plead guilty to a domestic abuse charge.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/thug-headbutted-celtic-and-scotland-womens-football-star-3711472

It is perhaps notable that he is Leigh Griffiths older brother.

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Penicuik, who finished runner-up to Tranent in the EOSFL Premier League could be looking for a new striking force next season.  After losing Nicky Reid and Kieran Watson on pre contracts to Edinburgh City, they could also be without Paul Tansey, at her majesty's pleasure, after he plead guilty to a domestic abuse charge.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/thug-headbutted-celtic-and-scotland-womens-football-star-3711472

I've seen him for a few different teams over the years and he's always been a terrific player .... but a really short fuse always liable to retaliate first especially unprovoked

Footballfirst

Confirmation today that Oakley won Conference B and will be promoted to the EOS Premier League along with Haddington who had secured Conference A a few weeks ago.

In Conference X it was a shootout today to see who would secure the title.  Syngenta and Whitburn were separated only by a single goal before today's games. You might have thought that Syngenta's 7-0 win over bottom side Pumpherston would have been enough, but Whitburn responded by beating Fauldhouse 12-0 to take the title by a margin of 4 goals.  Both sides are promoted to the EOS second division.  

Jambo 4 Ever

Confirmation today that Oakley won Conference B and will be promoted to the EOS Premier League along with Haddington who had secured Conference A a few weeks ago.

In Conference X it was a shootout today to see who would secure the title.  Syngenta and Whitburn were separated only by a single goal before today's games. You might have thought that Syngenta's 7-0 win over bottom side Pumpherston would have been enough, but Whitburn responded by beating Fauldhouse 12-0 to take the title by a margin of 4 goals.  Both sides are promoted to the EOS second division.  

12-0 is impressive 

Alec Eiffel
5 hours ago, RobboM said:

Fantastic!

Expect LTHV should send some champagne! 😂

Indeed they should.

Alec Eiffel
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I never thought Burnie would score sufficient goals to overtake Syngenta's GD.  But they did.  As Hutchie do not get relegated, Bo'ness Ath get promoted to Div 2.  Win Win for me.

Edited by Alec Eiffel

John Findlay
5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Brother or half brother?

Asking as they have different surnames.

1 hour ago, Alec Eiffel said:

I never thought Burnie would score sufficient goals to overtake Syngenta's GD.  But they did.  As Hutchie do not get relegated, Bo'ness Ath get promoted to Div 2.  Win Win for me.

No

They needed Tranent to get beat for 3rd place to go up

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Brother or half brother?

Don't know. I'm only aware of what was reported in the news articles.

SomethingAboutObua
On 22/05/2022 at 17:24, Locky said:

Without sounding ignorant, what is the point in the SoS league existing at the same level as WoS and EoS? They're clearly miles behind their counterparts and none of the clubs strike me as particularly well supported. They play just down the road from a number of WoS clubs too so not even like there's much of an argument for geographical reasons.

A 2-legged play-off between the WoS and EoS teams would be far better and more exciting than chucking in a 3rd team who're gonna take a tanking. It's all going to come down to who takes the 3 points when Tranent and Darvel meet, and as it's a round robin format, sadly Darvel got the home advantage.

Probably works better for everyone that SoS teams deal with their own stuff and WoS teams deal with their's. Consider how frustrating it is for the professional SPFL teams having to have rules for the top flight passed by semi-pros in L2, makes sense that WoS just deals with the similar logistical plannings for Greater Glasgow and Ayrshire across all those tiers, and people that know Dumfries & Galloway can handle the planning for themselves. Add on things like marketing and sourcing revenue that cost money to do, it makes sense not to take the burden of these niche needs teams into your set up. 

RustyRightPeg
8 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Step brothers.

John Findlay
10 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

👍

18 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Just home. Tranent deserved the win.  Darvel had one great chance early in the second half with a close range shot that hit the post and the rebound was cleared off the line.  Docherty had two or three good chances on the break before finally scoring after being set up by Currie.

The home fans were pretty subdued as soon as Tranent went in front and were on their way home as soon as Tranent got their second.

Docherty has really stepped up a couple of gears in the last five or six games.What can you say about the old warhorse Wayno!different class the Big T

Perth to Paisley

Not sure if true, if not its possibly explains why it's not been mentioned here but my understanding  is that the Tranent manager is 'Single T' otherwise known as Callum Elliot.

Last I heard he was making good progress with his badges.

👏👏👏

RustyRightPeg
35 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Not sure if true, if not its possibly explains why it's not been mentioned here but my understanding  is that the Tranent manager is 'Single T' otherwise known as Callum Elliot.

Last I heard he was making good progress with his badges.

👏👏👏

Yes it’s defo CLum. 

A few mates of mine have played under him during his time at Tynecastle and widely reported him as a terrible man manager but his coaching & tactical know how is outstanding. 

Jambo 4 Ever
23 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yes it’s defo CLum. 

A few mates of mine have played under him during his time at Tynecastle and widely reported him as a terrible man manager but his coaching & tactical know how is outstanding. 

Maybe future hearts manager 

peebles jambo
15 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Brother or half brother?

Step brother i think, great wee player though

132goals1958
4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yes it’s defo CLum. 

Who would have thought he would sign Darren MaCormack after their altercation a while ago. Obviously doesn’t bear a grudge

Footballfirst

I've heard yesterday that both Hearts and Hibs are now looking to participate in a Reserve League next season.  

The LL has its AGM on Monday so we should get a steer on what is happening re B teams.  If a further vote is necessary, then it will take place the following Monday.

davemclaren

I've heard yesterday that both Hearts and Hibs are now looking to participate in a Reserve League next season.  

The LL has its AGM on Monday so we should get a steer on what is happening re B teams.  If a further vote is necessary, then it will take place the following Monday.

That would be good news. 

Footballfirst

Threave Rovers has resigned from the SOSFL. It is understood that they have applied to the WOSFL.

It reinforces the belief that the SOSFL should not retain its tier 6 status.

Edited by Footballfirst

Threave Rovers has resigned from the SOSFL. It is understood that they have applied to the WOSFL.

It reinforces the belief that the SOSFL should not retain its tier 6 status.

Where do they slot in to the WoSFL? Bonnyton Thistle were taken into the WoSFL Tier 6 for their first season and finished bottom by a distance

If the re-run that Divison 4 "development" league Threave would have journeys including 193 mile round trip to Harthill, or 4hr 42min one way to Campbletown

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, RobboM said:

Where do they slot in to the WoSFL? Bonnyton Thistle were taken into the WoSFL Tier 6 for their first season and finished bottom by a distance

If the re-run that Divison 4 "development" league Threave would have journeys including 193 mile round trip to Harthill, or 4hr 42min one way to Campbletown

Harthill is understood to be looking to re-join the EOSFL.

Alec Eiffel
1 hour ago, RobboM said:

There is logic in Bonnyton's move to the WOSFL on geographic grounds   as they are located in Kilmarnock.  

Harthill's move to the WOSFL was a strange decision as I assumed they would have joined Conference X with the bulk of the West Lothian clubs.

I do not understand Threave's decision, previously they have dallied between the SOSFL and the EOSFL.  Is there any benefit from them moving to the WOSFL.

6 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Harthill is understood to be looking to re-join the EOSFL.

I think of Harthill as more of a western town but that may be more down to the abundance of Rangers types stinking the place out

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

I think of Harthill as more of a western town but that may be more down to the abundance of Rangers types stinking the place out

Harthill is just in North Lanarkshire the ground is just in West Lothian. There were  a couple of West Lothian clubs enquiring about move to WoSFL mostly based on their noses being put out of joint because of other EoSFL teams leaving the Juniors to join the Pyramid. So their thought was, after several seasons during which the old East Junior set up had evaporated down to 10 teams in their area, that they would stick 2 fingers up to their neighbouring clubs who had left the Juniors by joining the West clubs ..... who had left the Juniors 🙂

That was just a bit of petulant silliness and the EoSFL and WoSFL put a very clear stop to it by agreeing boundaries East & West. Harthill were in a unique position of being both E & W depending on whether you counted the village or the ground so they had a choice. I think they chose wrong and it will be interesting to see if FF's rumour that they are coming back East pans out.
And yes there is a HUGE abundance of Rangers types stinking the place out. 🙂

3 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Harthill is just in North Lanarkshire the ground is just in West Lothian. There were  a couple of West Lothian clubs enquiring about move to WoSFL mostly based on their noses being put out of joint because of other EoSFL teams leaving the Juniors to join the Pyramid. So their thought was, after several seasons during which the old East Junior set up had evaporated down to 10 teams in their area, that they would stick 2 fingers up to their neighbouring clubs who had left the Juniors by joining the West clubs ..... who had left the Juniors 🙂

That was just a bit of petulant silliness and the EoSFL and WoSFL put a very clear stop to it by agreeing boundaries East & West. Harthill were in a unique position of being both E & W depending on whether you counted the village or the ground so they had a choice. I think they chose wrong and it will be interesting to see if FF's rumour that they are coming back East pans out.
And yes there is a HUGE abundance of Rangers types stinking the place out. 🙂

I hope they stay in the West never liked the place 😄 

• davemclaren changed the title to Pyramid Leagues Superthread