Pyramid Leagues Superthread

Footballfirst

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Players on loan can’t be recalled at short notice to fill our squad if needed.

For Hearts to maximise the potential and availability of its young players for the benefit of our first team there either needs to be a reserve league or a colts team.

Its that simple. If our rulers don’t mandate a reserve league we have no option.

I don’t understand why Hearts fans don’t understand that and are more interested in protecting the integrity of teams like Gala ****ing Fairydean…

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• RobboM

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dick Dastardly
24 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

From what I have seen for Robbie and Joes comments, its more about players getting a regular game so they are match fit to come into the first team. Its why we wanted a regular reserve league as that could serve the basis, but other teams did not want to do that. We could send a player out on loan for half the season, they develop come back but if we are not playing often for the first team when they come back then they wont have the match fitness levels you get from regular games meaning its harder for the player to come into the first team.

We definitely need some sort of way to get players up to speed, especially after injuries. Look how long it took Haring to get back to his best. Plus, getting the fringe players and the youth players playing the way Robbie wants would be so much easier. 

Footballfirst

@RustyRightPeg  I've managed to locate the source of what I heard about the insurance scheme.  It came from an "Official Catchup" podcast with LL Chairman Thomas Brown being interviewed on or just before 6 April.

He stated that of the £50k provided by the OF, the LL has paid for insurance and membership fees for all LL clubs for this season and next at a cost of £33k-£34k.  Some was retained as a reserve fund and other spend included social media and PR.

You can listen to the discussion about money from around 7' 15" into the podcast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/official-catchup-voice-of-scottish-non-league-football/id1430116250

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

In another LL development announced yesterday, Broomhill FC (formerly BSC Glasgow) will be renamed "Open Goal Broomhill FC" for next season.  It's not the greatest name for a football club, particularly if they have defensive frailties.

https://broomhillfc.com/broomhill-fc-agree-revolutionary-partnership-with-media-brand-open-goal

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We definitely need some sort of way to get players up to speed, especially after injuries. Look how long it took Haring to get back to his best. Plus, getting the fringe players and the youth players playing the way Robbie wants would be so much easier. 

If there is no reserve league then it is essential that we have a B team in a competitive league. Rangers and Celtic have benefited from having B teams. We need to develop players without sending them out on loan with no guarantee that they play. 

Dick Dastardly
Just now, Jambo in Bathgate said:

If there is no reserve league then it is essential that we have a B team in a competitive league. Rangers and Celtic have benefited from having B teams. We need to develop players without sending them out on loan with no guarantee that they play. 

Are there not new loan rules coming in as well? 

What will happen here is the old firm colts will get back in the lowland league and ours will not and there will be no reserve league once again

As always the top and bottom will be well looked after and the third biggest club in the country will just have to get on with it again

still at least while that happens we can talk about fair ness and integrity and all that 

Rick Sanchez

I see Berwick Rangers have voted against allowing Hearts B in. They also said they're trying to achieve what's best for Scottish football.

What's best for Scottish football and keeping Hearts down seems to be the way of it 🤔

Edit: Sorry they abstained, but a few others have rejected it.

Edited by Rick Sanchez

section s heart
19 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I see Berwick Rangers have voted against allowing Hearts B in. They also said they're trying to achieve what's best for Scottish football.

What's best for Scottish football and keeping Hearts down seems to be the way of it 🤔

From their base in the North East of England!

soonbe110
20 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

From what I have seen for Robbie and Joes comments, its more about players getting a regular game so they are match fit to come into the first team. Its why we wanted a regular reserve league as that could serve the basis, but other teams did not want to do that. We could send a player out on loan for half the season, they develop come back but if we are not playing often for the first team when they come back then they wont have the match fitness levels you get from regular games meaning its harder for the player to come into the first team.

Given it’s u20’s none of our current first team squad (the 20/21 players that have been regularly matchday squad when fit) would be eligible to play Lowland league football. 

soonbe110
34 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

They abstained, the others voted against - against all three guest clubs not just us. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They abstained, the others voted against - against all three guest clubs not just us. 

Against all three guest clubs or just against three guest clubs ......................... because that would be an important difference

soonbe110
49 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Against all three guest clubs or just against three guest clubs ......................... because that would be an important difference

All three I believe. Don’t think they want guest clubs again as it isn’t fair on all clubs in the league when the guest clubs are not fighting for promotion etc.  

part_time_jambo

I presume there is nothing to stop Hearts B team joining the pyramid at the bottom level if they are really serious about it. I'm sure they will be welcomed to darkest Fauldhouse, Stoneyburn etc.

Footballfirst

Big day in the pyramid promotion and relegation stakes.

Brilliant win for Bonnyrigg v Cowdenbeath.

I went through to Darvel to see the home side beat Kilwinning 3-2 to seal the WOSFL title.

Who Darvel face in the LL playoffs will have to wait until next weekend. St Cuthbert Wanderers are already there.  Tranent's draw at Linlithgow and Penicuik's win at Camelon leaves Tranent only ahead of Penicuik on goal difference.  The final round of fixtures see both sides with difficult home fixtures, second place Penicuik facing third place Linlithgow and Tranent facing fourth place Jeanfield.   

Edited by Footballfirst

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Big day in the pyramid promotion and relegation stakes.

Brilliant win for Bonnyrigg v Cowdenbeath.

I went through to Darvel to see the home side beat Kilwinning 3-2 to seal the WOSFL title.

Who Darvel face in the LL playoffs will have to wait until next weekend. St Cuthbert Wanderers are already there.  Tranent's draw at Linlithgow and Penicuik's win at Camelon leaves Tranent only ahead of Penicuik on goal difference.  The final round of fixtures see both sides with difficult home fixtures, second place Penicuik facing third place Linlithgow and Tranent facing fourth place Jeanfield.   

I was at the Bonnyrigg match. Great win though Cowdenbeath being a man down did help. Puts them in a strong position for next week, if they avoid losing an early goal. 😄🌹

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I was at the Bonnyrigg match. Great win though Cowdenbeath being a man down did help. Puts them in a strong position for next week, if they avoid losing an early goal. 😄🌹

Fingers crossed Bonnyrigg go and finish the job.

Footballfirst

2,202 at Bonnyrigg today. Great turnout.

20220507_145600.thumb.jpg.6b8a397bec337b9f2f4624f76c15b8c1.jpg

Edited by Footballfirst

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Ah, you were standing at the Chip Shop end. 😄

On 05/05/2022 at 12:12, Footballfirst said:

Three are already doomed, Camelon, Whitehill and Newtongrange.  The fourth relegation place could be confirmed on Saturday with LTHV favourites for the drop as they are 3 points adrift and have an inferior goal difference.

The key relegation fixtures are

Hill of Beath 0-3 LTHV
Blackburn 4-0 Inverkeithing
Dunbar 2-2 Crossgates
Whitehill 2-3 Tynecastle

If it goes to the final weekend it's Crossgates v Blackburn, LTHV v Newtongrange, Tynecastle v Dunbar.

The East Premier relegation drama continues to the final week. Another brilliant second half performance from Blackburn sees them leapfrog up to 11th and still not safe.

On to next week .... I need to get from Tynecastle to Crossgates in 30 minutes at FT 🙂

Edited by RobboM

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No. I was too late to get a ticket. I was going to go to Linlithgow instead, but after the midweek results, it became possible for Darvel to clinch the WOSFL title ahead of Auchinleck, so I went there instead.

It was a good game between two decent sides.  Darvel look well organised and dangerous going forward, so either of Tranent or Penucuik will have a difficult task to reach the LL.

Before going to Darvel, I was at the Oriam this morning to watch Hearts U13s (2010s) beat Rangers 5-1, with an excellent display of skill and energy.  

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

No. I was too late to get a ticket. I was going to go to Linlithgow instead, but after the midweek results, it became possible for Darvel to clinch the WOSFL title ahead of Auchinleck, so I went there instead.

It was a good game between two decent sides.  Darvel look well organised and dangerous going forward, so either of Tranent or Penucuik will have a difficult task to reach the LL.

Before going to Darvel, I was at the Oriam this morning to watch Hearts U13s (2010s) beat Rangers 5-1, with an excellent display of skill and energy.  

Your enthusiasm for football, at the lower levels, is admirable. 

Footballfirst

The last weekend in the EOS Premier division.

eos.jpg.1696017a6dd2d1acae8d4297d5808e0e.jpg

Fun and games at both ends of the table.  Note that five teams will go down if Tranent/Penicuik don't win the LL playoff.  Dunbar v Tynecastle will probably relegate the loser.

The other outstanding fixture, Sauchie v Jeanfield on Wednesday will have no bearing on promotion/relegation

eos.thumb.jpg.639b002e544f3cb17df49e9028825f6c.jpg

Edited by Footballfirst

Tasavallan

I have been following Whitburn Juniors in Conf. X.  They are currently top of the Conf. with 3 games remaining.  However, Bo'ness Athletic are only 2 pts behind with a +5 better GD.  

Grangemouth Syngenta are lying 3pts behind in 3rd with a game in hand and a superior GD.

This season has been very enjoyable since the EOFL brought the WL & Falkirk juniors into the pyramid.

Whitburn's Central Park is a lovely well kemp ground.

Come on the Burnie.

Footballfirst

Drumchapel United secured a place in next season's big Scottish Cup when they won the Cup Winners Shield by way of a 3-way playoff between the EOS, SOS and WOS cup winners for non-licensed clubs. They beat Crossgates last weekend and Nithsdale today. 

Footballfirst

Anyone fancy a double header of Hearts v Rangers and Cowdenbeath v Bonnyrigg next Saturday?

Tickets Available - Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic

Posted May 7, 2022

Cowdenbeath FC can now confirm arrangements for the second leg of the Play Off Final at Central Park next Saturday. This will be a segregated match albeit all spectators will enter Central Park via the High Street turnstiles.

Cowdenbeath fans will be accommodated in the stand and west terracing with Bonnyrigg Rose fans occupying the south terracing. Tickets are now on sale via the Club’s online advanced ticketing system. Secure your place now by clicking here and purchasing your ticket online. The e-ticket QR code you then receive can either be printed off or exhibited on your phone at the Central Park turnstiles where it will be scanned before admission.

Ticket prices for this match are £12 Adult and £6 concessions (65 and over, 16 and under, disabled). There will be a Pay at the Gate option on the day but please note that PATG adult and concession prices are £1 more than the online option (£13/£7). Turnstiles will open at 1pm and the bar in the ground in the Andy Matthew Lounge will be open from then before the game for all fans to use – home and away.

The Board of Cowdenbeath FC has agreed that season tickets will be valid for this match. Please also note that if the aggregate scores are tied at the end of the match there is no extra time and the match will go straight to penalties.

If you are unable to make it on the day Blue Brazil TV offers an alternative as it will also be broadcasting the match live via Pay per View – a subscription to our streaming service for this match is £10 and available to purchase here.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Anyone fancy a double header of Hearts v Rangers and Cowdenbeath v Bonnyrigg next Saturday?

Tickets Available - Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic

Posted May 7, 2022

Cowdenbeath FC can now confirm arrangements for the second leg of the Play Off Final at Central Park next Saturday. This will be a segregated match albeit all spectators will enter Central Park via the High Street turnstiles.

Cowdenbeath fans will be accommodated in the stand and west terracing with Bonnyrigg Rose fans occupying the south terracing. Tickets are now on sale via the Club’s online advanced ticketing system. Secure your place now by clicking here and purchasing your ticket online. The e-ticket QR code you then receive can either be printed off or exhibited on your phone at the Central Park turnstiles where it will be scanned before admission.

Ticket prices for this match are £12 Adult and £6 concessions (65 and over, 16 and under, disabled). There will be a Pay at the Gate option on the day but please note that PATG adult and concession prices are £1 more than the online option (£13/£7). Turnstiles will open at 1pm and the bar in the ground in the Andy Matthew Lounge will be open from then before the game for all fans to use – home and away.

The Board of Cowdenbeath FC has agreed that season tickets will be valid for this match. Please also note that if the aggregate scores are tied at the end of the match there is no extra time and the match will go straight to penalties.

If you are unable to make it on the day Blue Brazil TV offers an alternative as it will also be broadcasting the match live via Pay per View – a subscription to our streaming service for this match is £10 and available to purchase here.

Struggling to get there on time from Tynecastle surely?

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If you have a car available, then it shouldn't take much more than 30 mins.

davemclaren
Just now, Footballfirst said:

Got me thinking. 😄

Mikey1874
26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

14.22 train from Haymarket gets to Cowdenbeath 15.01

On 05/05/2022 at 12:12, Footballfirst said:

There will only be four teams relegated as a result on Bonnyrigg's win over Fraserburgh in the HL/LL playoff.

Three are already doomed, Camelon, Whitehill and Newtongrange.  The fourth relegation place could be confirmed on Saturday with LTHV favourites for the drop as they are 3 points adrift and have an inferior goal difference.

The key relegation fixtures are Hill of Beath v LTHV, Blackburn v Inverkeithing, Dunbar v Crossgates and Whitehill v Tynecastle.

If it goes to the final weekend it's Crossgates v Blackburn, LTHV v Newtongrange, Tynecastle v Dunbar.

Hoping Hutchie can get a result to get above Dunbar or Tynecastle could have been 6/7 against HoB today. No be easy tho. 

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Drumchapel United secured a place in next season's big Scottish Cup when they won the Cup Winners Shield by way of a 3-way playoff between the EOS, SOS and WOS cup winners for non-licensed clubs. They beat Crossgates last weekend and Nithsdale today. 

Drumchapel United were 2-1 up at half time. They ended up winning 13-1. Show how much of a gap there is between the EoS/WoS and most of the SoS. Crazy scoreline at that level.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Stanley_ said:

Drumchapel United were 2-1 up at half time. They ended up winning 13-1. Show how much of a gap there is between the EoS/WoS and most of the SoS. Crazy scoreline at that level.

I'm sure that Musselburgh won it the last time it was played in 2020 (no WOS teams involved) and took 7 off Mid-Annandale without reply.

WheatfieldWarrior
6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It is a very good chip shop (Pias) to be fair.  Pizza is very good as well. :)

Templeton Peck

Loved the Bonnyrigg game today. Great atmosphere, benefitted from the sending off and pushed on. Could easily have got more. Best player to come back as well. 

Danny Baur (one of jigs great hopes at Hearts) came off bench for Lithgow, first touch with 5 minutes to go was a headed own goal to give Tranent a draw and leave them needing a win at home in last game to secure league.

SomethingAboutObua

I like the penalties in the LC Group stage, but for a promotion play-off final that seems ridiculous without extra time? 

Tasavallan
On 07/05/2022 at 22:43, Stanley_ said:

Tynecastle v Dunbar in last game of season.   If Hutchie can win by +3 against Nitten then they stay up regardless of the Tynecastle v Dunbar result.

Whitehill \Welfare going down another division.  How the mighty have fallen.

On 07/05/2022 at 21:39, Footballfirst said:

It could take almost that long to find a parking space in Cowdenbeath on a sat afternoon. To be honest it’s just a reserve game at tynie so just head to Beath at ht. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It could take almost that long to find a parking space in Cowdenbeath on a sat afternoon. To be honest it’s just a reserve game at tynie so just head to Beath at ht. 

My helicopter is on standby. 

Footballfirst

Caledonian Braves have voted to stick with an 18 team LL.

https://www.caledonianbraves.com/news/fans-vote-against-league-expansion

The Caledonian Braves supporters have voted against the expansion of the Scottish Lowland Football league. The proposal from the league's was to add an additional guest team, making the 2022/23 season comprise of 19 teams.

The vote was held last week on the club's mobile app, ahead of tomorrow's deadline, by which point the club has to inform the league of our decision. 

Fans voted in their numbers and there was a narrow 54-46% victory for the continuation of an 18 team league.

41 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Tynecastle v Dunbar in last game of season.   If Hutchie can win by +3 against Nitten then they stay up regardless of the Tynecastle v Dunbar result.

Whitehill \Welfare going down another division.  How the mighty have fallen.

Not necessarily Tasavallan. If the East Premier winners fail to win the play off for the Lowland League spot then the 5th bottom team will also be relegated.

jamboinglasgow
23 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Hmmmm! I wonder which two teams they will choose.

Sadly yes. There is something funny that completely changing rules, having guest clubs etc is ok with 2 teams, but a third team is disgrace. Also I would argue that Hearts would treat the league with more respect than the Old Firm have. But sadly I dont think that will be in the clubs consideration.

Tasavallan
On 10/05/2022 at 19:42, RobboM said:

Not necessarily Tasavallan. If the East Premier winners fail to win the play off for the Lowland League spot then the 5th bottom team will also be relegated.

Sheesh! 5 relegated, possibly, as Darvel are likely to be too strong.   Then Hutchie's goose is cooked.

part_time_jambo
On 07/05/2022 at 17:29, Footballfirst said:

Glory hunters!

part_time_jambo
On 07/05/2022 at 19:45, Tasavallan said:

I have been following Whitburn Juniors in Conf. X.  They are currently top of the Conf. with 3 games remaining.  However, Bo'ness Athletic are only 2 pts behind with a +5 better GD.  

Grangemouth Syngenta are lying 3pts behind in 3rd with a game in hand and a superior GD.

This season has been very enjoyable since the EOFL brought the WL & Falkirk juniors into the pyramid.

Whitburn's Central Park is a lovely well kemp ground.

Come on the Burnie.

👍 Whitburn.

Drama at the Syngenta - Bo'ness game last night I heard.

Edited by part_time_jambo

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

Drama at the Syngenta - Bo'ness game last night I heard.

I was unaware of what had happened but having read the following, I can see why there was controversy.

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/irvine-launches-tirade-at-controversial-goal-decision-that-could-have-cost-his-side-the-title-3690442

Irvine launches tirade at controversial goal decision that 'could have cost his side the title'

Bo’ness Athletic boss Willie Irvine admitted he was speechless after watching his team lose out on three points against title rivals Syngenta, due to the referee allowing the hosts to kick-off when his players were in the midst of celebrating going 2-1 up with five minutes to go.

After veteran hitman Andy Rodgers put Gordon Wylde’s side ahead in the second-half, two strikes from 55-goal man Tiwi Daramola put the away side top of the league, and set to pick up three points at Ochilview.

However, while the Bo’ness players celebrations spilled into their own half, referee Richard Macartney allowed the Dyes to kick-off, and they bombarded up the pitch scoring to level the match with just goalkeeper Fraser Currid to beat.

Hamilton Accies loanee Lennon Pirrie slotted home to set up a chaotic ending with Craig Sneddon sent off for Bo’ness for his protestations.

The anger was evident at the full-time whistle with the away sides directors and playing staff livid.

Speaking to the Herald, an incensed Irvine said: “In my 40-odd years in the game I have never witnessed anything like that.

"Imagine if a situation like that had happened at Celtic or Rangers and the referee did that, imagine the fallout. A riot would have occurred, people would have been murdered.

“Half of our players were off the park and he (the referee) has got to identify that both sides were ready to restart the game.

“Imagine if that happened every match, no-one would celebrate near the corner of the pitch because the other team would go up and score.

“It just wouldn’t be done. It was embarrassing.

“If we had won our last two games and won this one we would have been up more than likely.

“For the referee to do that when we have dominated the match and could have been two or three up really was something I’ve never saw before.

“Even bringing sportsmanship into it, honestly, if that was me in charge of a side and that happened I would say to my players to let a goal go in.

“In my eyes it was unfair and it was something that you just don’t want to see in football.

“Our team was celebrating a goal and we have just about lost out on a league title because of it.

“I started football in and around 1982/83 and it is something I have never seen before and will not ever again, I am speechless.”

• davemclaren changed the title to Pyramid Leagues Superthread