Pyramid Leagues Superthread

Footballfirst

RustyRightPeg

All this nonsense would be resolved if they just started a midweek reserve league based on geography. 

It would have remarkable benefits for all including referees who would get more live game experience at a higher level. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• RobboM

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Locky said:

Find the statement a bit questionable though. They had to increase the league from 16 to 18 teams to accommodate the ugly sisters and I don't recall them 'canvassing' their members then? That meant 4 extra games a season which at that level, is a long old season. A 3rd guest club would mean a 19 team league, which is only 2 more games on top of that, but teams would get a couple of rest weeks in between which is surely beneficial. Why do they need to canvass them now?

Almost like their offer to consider alternative memberships was just a way of showing face so as not to look like they're just taking the easy option for the Old Firm, which I've no doubt they are. 'Aye, come on, the more the merrier? Oh, wait, someone else wants to join? Hmm we'll need to ask if that's okay first'. 

The Lowland League are slowly becoming a sham. Do they fear the power that some clubs could bring to the table if they wanted to form some breakaway league? Meaning the Celtic and Rangers B teams participating is purely to give them some sort of purpose in the pyramid? Or am I just reading this wrong. 

I wonder if they did not expect any other clubs to apply, now Hearts have and I could see some clubs unhappy at the way the Old Firm have treated the Lowland league using us as a protest vote, meaning one of the old firm miss out and the league are worried out consequences. So they are now trying to get the clubs to accept 3 teams.

I think the issue with the league is the same with other leagues in Scotland, there is a lot of self-interest that dictates things. There should be two relegation spots but too many clubs who are often near the bottom dont want to lose out so vote against it. 

Tasavallan
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think the issue with the league is the same with other leagues in Scotland, there is a lot of self-interest that dictates things. There should be two relegation spots but too many clubs who are often near the bottom dont want to lose out so vote against it. 

Up until recently relegation was not mandatory.  Vale of Leithen finished bottom but stayed up by installing floodlights which became a must requirement for the league.  Likewise promotion from the EOSFL was not mandatory.

4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I wonder if they did not expect any other clubs to apply, now Hearts have and I could see some clubs unhappy at the way the Old Firm have treated the Lowland league using us as a protest vote, meaning one of the old firm miss out and the league are worried out consequences. So they are now trying to get the clubs to accept 3 teams.

Reeks of self interest in my eyes. Maybe I'm very sceptical, but the last couple of seasons, there's something about the LL and its motives which I do not like.

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, Locky said:

Reeks of self interest in my eyes. Maybe I'm very sceptical, but the last couple of seasons, there's something about the LL and its motives which I do not like.

I thought they were doing a great job under George Fraser's chairmanship right up to and during the start of the pandemic, e.g. Selkirk's demise, Bonnyrigg's promotion and licensing, Kelty being declared champions.

It all fell apart with the admission of the OF B teams and the attempts to cover up what had/hadn't been agreed with the SFA/SPFL.  That prompted Fraser's resignation and since then it's been every club for itself. Total self interest and no-one championing what's right for the league.  

4 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Up until recently relegation was not mandatory.  Vale of Leithen finished bottom but stayed up by installing floodlights which became a must requirement for the league.  Likewise promotion from the EOSFL was not mandatory.

It's still possible for the bottom team to stay up (not this season as Cowdenbeath finished bottom). If a Highland League area side comes down from League Two (e.g. Elgin) and a Lowland League team replaces them then the bottom club is reprieved from relegation. They had a vote to increase relegation recently but rejected it. Instead of Auchinleck, Pollok, Clydebank, Linlithgow etc. coming up, they're stuck with Broomhill, Cumbernauld Colts, Gretna clinging on to their place in the league. In time, as more ex-juniors come up, the voting should lean more towards increased promotion.

Edited by Stanley_

RustyRightPeg

This should be some laugh. Si Ferry has just been appointed as manager too. 

It’s some sort of publicity stunt; but Ferry is an aspiring coach and manager so it’ll be worth keeping an eye on their progress and the calibre of player, financial backing etc 

4FDDACD8-6430-4E49-BBF6-EE456AFACB9F.jpeg

10 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I thought they were doing a great job under George Fraser's chairmanship right up to and during the start of the pandemic, e.g. Selkirk's demise, Bonnyrigg's promotion and licensing, Kelty being declared champions.

It all fell apart with the admission of the OF B teams and the attempts to cover up what had/hadn't been agreed with the SFA/SPFL.  That prompted Fraser's resignation and since then it's been every club for itself. Total self interest and no-one championing what's right for the league.  

Thank you for your thoughts, I always find them insightful and interesting. How do you feel about Hearts B team potentially being admitted to the Lowland League? 

Footballfirst
16 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

Thank you for your thoughts, I always find them insightful and interesting. How do you feel about Hearts B team potentially being admitted to the Lowland League? 

I understand the reasoning behind the application, but it seems that the club has been forced into that position because of the lack of interest in a Reserve league by other clubs, most notably Celtic Rangers and Hibs.  The OF has gone down the route of reapplying to the LL, while Hibs is busy arranging a schedule of "Development" games with clubs down south.

I don't mind "B" teams in principle, but they have to enter at the lowest tier and, unlike "guest" teams, their results and league positions must count in order to maintain the integrity of any competition they enter.

I think that Hearts missed the boat when the EOSFL expanded in 2018/19 and there was uncertainty around Reserve and Development leagues. Had Hearts entered a "B" side at that point, then they could already be in the LL as of right, with no restraints on the age of player.

If Hearts application is rejected this time round, then I would still seek entry to the EOSFL at the lowest tier and play the U18s or as strong a side as needed to win the division and progress through the leagues in subsequent seasons as U19s, U20s etc.  

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I might have maroon specs on but it seems

to me as if we might bring as much to the Lowland leagues as the Uglies do. Certainly the potential for decent crowds with the central to east coast teams.

CloustonHMFC
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It’s some sort of publicity stunt; but Ferry is an aspiring coach and manager so it’ll be worth keeping an eye on their progress and the calibre of player, financial backing etc 

The name change is embarrassing tbh and makes the club nothing more than a gimmick, imo. Si Ferry will do well as gaffer though.

2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Paul Slane will get a game .

RustyRightPeg
57 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

The name change is embarrassing tbh and makes the club nothing more than a gimmick, imo. Si Ferry will do well as gaffer though.

I agree re. the name. 

I am genuinely interested however. Ferry talks really well and has a clear identity of the way he wants his teams to play by the sounds of it so it’ll be something else to keep an eye on. 

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I understand the reasoning behind the application, but it seems that the club has been forced into that position because of the lack of interest in a Reserve league by other clubs, most notably Celtic Rangers and Hibs.  The OF has gone down the route of reapplying to the LL, while Hibs is busy arranging a schedule of "Development" games with clubs down south.

I don't mind "B" teams in principle, but they have to enter at the lowest tier and, unlike "guest" teams, their results and league positions must count in order to maintain the integrity of any competition they enter.

I think that Hearts missed the boat when the EOSFL expanded in 2018/19 and there was uncertainty around Reserve and Development leagues. Had Hearts entered a "B" side at that point, then they could already be in the LL as of right, with no restraints on the age of player.

If Hearts application is rejected this time round, then I would still seek entry to the EOSFL at the lowest tier and play the U18s or as strong a side as needed to win the division and progress through the leagues in subsequent seasons as U19s, U20s etc.  

I agree with all that, thanks. I feel uneasy with Hearts applying for a B team in the Lowland league, although I would have no objection to entering at a lower level either. However, I believe Hearts application would be a genuine attempt to get experience for younger players as opposed to the Old Firm who I think are trying to get a second foothold in the pyramid in preparation for leaving for an Atlantic League or whatever. Perhaps we should be teaming up with Hibs and any other Scottish teams that are happy to pay for a B team and set up a 'friendly' league together.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Flimsy said:

I agree with all that, thanks. I feel uneasy with Hearts applying for a B team in the Lowland league, although I would have no objection to entering at a lower level either. However, I believe Hearts application would be a genuine attempt to get experience for younger players as opposed to the Old Firm who I think are trying to get a second foothold in the pyramid in preparation for leaving for an Atlantic League or whatever. Perhaps we should be teaming up with Hibs and any other Scottish teams that are happy to pay for a B team and set up a 'friendly' league together.

Joining the EOSFL lowest tier would mean a few years to get to where we want, but it would enable a good development path for those currently in the 14-19 age groups.

As an aside, I watched the first hour of a training game between Hearts U16/17s and Scotland's U16s at the Oriam this afternoon.

Hearts was 4-0 up when I left, with goals from Stevenson, Ross, Angelos and Neilsen.

Footballfirst

It is looking like Darvel is going to edge out Auchinleck for the WOSFL title after tonight's games. Darvel won 6-1 away to Blantyre, while Auchinleck lost 1-0 at home to Rob Roy.

It leaves Darvel 4 points ahead of Auchinleck with both sides having only two games left. Darvel will win the title if they can beat Kilwinning on Saturday.

Edited by Footballfirst

Allowayjambo1874
11 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

FF if Hearts colts joined the EOSFL lowest level do you think that would be much of a challenge for them or do you reckon they would just romp the league? (Which kind of defeats the reason for joining I think?)

Footballfirst
32 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

FF if Hearts colts joined the EOSFL lowest level do you think that would be much of a challenge for them or do you reckon they would just romp the league? (Which kind of defeats the reason for joining I think?)

Yes, they would be able to romp the lowest tiers, but that's why I suggested that it should start with the U18s. It would get harder at each tier up, so you adapt the personnel to the level you are at.

Allowayjambo1874
Just now, Footballfirst said:

Yes, they would be able to romp the lowest tiers, but that's why I suggested that it should start with the U18s. It would get harder at each tier up, so you adapt the personnel to the level you are at.

Cheers makes sense

I was at Linlithgow tonight. Linlithgow had a very slim chance still of winning the East League but Blackburn Utd boosted their own chances of avoiding relegation (there's 4 and possibly 5 teams down from the East Premier this season) by turning round Lithgae's 2-0 HT lead for a brilliant 4-2 win.

Footballfirst
12 hours ago, RobboM said:

I was at Linlithgow tonight. Linlithgow had a very slim chance still of winning the East League but Blackburn Utd boosted their own chances of avoiding relegation (there's 4 and possibly 5 teams down from the East Premier this season) by turning round Lithgae's 2-0 HT lead for a brilliant 4-2 win.

There will only be four teams relegated as a result on Bonnyrigg's win over Fraserburgh in the HL/LL playoff.

Three are already doomed, Camelon, Whitehill and Newtongrange.  The fourth relegation place could be confirmed on Saturday with LTHV favourites for the drop as they are 3 points adrift and have an inferior goal difference.

The key relegation fixtures are Hill of Beath v LTHV, Blackburn v Inverkeithing, Dunbar v Crossgates and Whitehill v Tynecastle.

If it goes to the final weekend it's Crossgates v Blackburn, LTHV v Newtongrange, Tynecastle v Dunbar.

The championship is down to Tranent and Penicuik.  While Linlithgow is now out of it but they can still influence the outcome as they play the top two sides in their final two games.

Saturday sees Camelon v Penicuik and Linlithgow v Tranent

Next Saturday it's Penicuik v Linlithgow and Tranent v Jeanfield

eos.thumb.jpg.b3148bd83450140c03dc743e7d52b352.jpg

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

There will only be four teams relegated as a result on Bonnyrigg's win over Fraserburgh in the HL/LL playoff.

Three are already doomed, Camelon, Whitehill and Newtongrange.  The fourth relegation place could be confirmed on Saturday with LTHV favourites for the drop as they are 3 points adrift and have an inferior goal difference.

The key relegation fixtures are Hill of Beath v LTHV, Blackburn v Inverkeithing, Dunbar v Crossgates and Whitehill v Tynecastle.

If it goes to the final weekend it's Crossgates v Blackburn, LTHV v Newtongrange, Tynecastle v Dunbar.

I was chatting to someone last night thinking the same but I think it's wrong.

Bottom 4 are automatically relegated. The 5th relegation happens where the East Premier gains a team (ie Vale of Leithen relegated from LL) but doesn't lose a team at the top (ie EOSL League Winners lose their play off  for the LL spot). That leaves the Premier with an extra team and the 5th bottom team goes down to bring the league back to 16. The 5th bottom team will be praying for a Tranent/Penicuik win over Darvel/Auchinleck (with all due respect to St Cuthbert's ..... )

jamboinglasgow
22 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The championship is down to Tranent and Penicuik.  While Linlithgow is now out of it but they can still influence the outcome as they play the top two sides in their final two games.

Saturday sees Camelon v Penicuik and Linlithgow v Tranent

Next Saturday it's Penicuik v Linlithgow and Tranent v Jeanfield

eos.thumb.jpg.b3148bd83450140c03dc743e7d52b352.jpg

I am surprised to see Whitehill Welfare and Tynecastle FC in either relegation zone or just above it. They were always staples of the Lowland league or Scottish cup football early rounds. I guess it shows how unbalanced the quality of the Lowland League is with very limited relegation, clubs in leagues below are of a greater standard. Guess it is the same with lower levels of SPFL, where we have seen what has happened with Kelty Hearts and Cove Rangers.

Footballfirst
38 minutes ago, RobboM said:

I was chatting to someone last night thinking the same but I think it's wrong.

Bottom 4 are automatically relegated. The 5th relegation happens where the East Premier gains a team (ie Vale of Leithen relegated from LL) but doesn't lose a team at the top (ie EOSL League Winners lose their play off  for the LL spot). That leaves the Premier with an extra team and the 5th bottom team goes down to bring the league back to 16. The 5th bottom team will be praying for a Tranent/Penicuik win over Darvel/Auchinleck (with all due respect to St Cuthbert's ..... )

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I am surprised to see Whitehill Welfare and Tynecastle FC in either relegation zone or just above it. They were always staples of the Lowland league or Scottish cup football early rounds. I guess it shows how unbalanced the quality of the Lowland League is with very limited relegation, clubs in leagues below are of a greater standard. Guess it is the same with lower levels of SPFL, where we have seen what has happened with Kelty Hearts and Cove Rangers.

45 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, I don’t think that on this occasion, the LL/HL to League 2 play offs mattered for the EoSL, the reason being that if the LL had been a net gainer from above (ie HL club promoted, Cowdenbeath relegated) then Gretna 2008 would have been the extra club relegated from the LL. And surely they would be due to go to the SoSL (or do they have some choice in the matter?).

This of course raises the question of how strictly the boundaries between West, East and South areas are defined. (I don’t know the answer). Arguably Vale of Leithen’s interests would be best served by joining the SoSL from which they could in theory be promoted back to the LL with no threat of further relegation. As things stand, they face the prospect of anything up to the three further relegations within the EoSL set up. 

edit: sorry wrong link posted. I meant to post one fro @RobboM not @jamboinglasgow

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Yes, I don’t think that on this occasion, the LL/HL to League 2 play offs mattered for the EoSL, the reason being that if the LL had been a net gainer from above (ie HL club promoted, Cowdenbeath relegated) then Gretna 2008 would have been the extra club relegated from the LL. And surely they would be due to go to the SoSL (or do they have some choice in the matter?).

This of course raises the question of how strictly the boundaries between West, East and South areas are defined. (I don’t know the answer). Arguably Vale of Leithen’s interests would be best served by joining the SoSL from which they could in theory be promoted back to the LL with no threat of further relegation. As things stand, they face the prospect of anything up to the three further relegations within the EoSL set up. 

I think that the EOSFL, WOSFL and SOSFL have agreed their boundaries on a postcode basis, but allowed a bit of discretion where there was a historical or local connection with the neighbouring association. Luncarty, Kello and Harthill could be in different associations, geographically. 

Gretna is an interesting one as they have never played in the SOSFL, having initially played in the EOSFL after being formed in 2008, before becoming one of the founder members of the LL in 2013. I think they will have the choice of where they end up.

I think VOL would rather drop into the EOSFL for financial reasons of travel, attendances and most of their players being based in Edinburgh and the Lothians.

8 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

edit: sorry wrong link posted. I meant to post one fro @RobboM not @jamboinglasgow

East/West was settled between the two leagues when the West Juniors moved across a couple of seasons back. It was an amicable split along Local Authority lines which effectively replicated the East/West split in Junior football. At the time some of the West Lothian Juniors were wanting to move West in a bizarre act of self harm because of the sleight they imagined when East Junior teams moved to EoSFL. In the end only Harthill went west. That was a toss up really because Harthill is in North Lanarkshire but the ground is actually in West Lothian.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, RobboM said:

I knew there was something somewhere to address the final big move of clubs from the old Junior leagues. I don't know of anything which defines "South of Scotland League" geography though

https://wosfl.co.uk/joint-statement-west-of-scotland-and-east-of-scotland-football-leagues/

I think you can take it as read that the SOSFL treats Dumfries and Galloway as its primary catchment area. There are a couple of exceptions, Kello Rovers playing in the WOSFL being located in Kirkconnel, D&G and Caledonian Braves Reserves who I believe are currently based at Alliance Park, Hamilton, although they did previously play out of Galabank, Annan.

The EOS has always been home to the (Eastern) Borders clubs, Gala F, Hawick RA, Coldstream, Duns Selkirk, Kelso, Eyemouth etc., so I don't think that the SOS has ambitions to extend their range eastwards. 

Another exception is Dunipace. They were formerly a WOS Junior club who jumped ship early to join the EOSFL.  I think they are now settled as an EOSFL side.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

☝️☝️

I hope that the other LL sides follow Berwick's lead.

They have effectively admitted that this season's one year arrangement hasn't benefitted the league.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Footballfirst said:

They have effectively admitted that this season's one year arrangement hasn't benefitted the league.

Ok without being dogmatic don’t we want what benefits us?

In my mind having a B team playing together in a competitive league is much better than random players going to random

clubs and being split up with no obvious Hearts link when on loan - other than training, which may conflict with how they require to play on match day.

A reserve league should be mandated if we can’t get our younger players game time as a team.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

☝️☝️

I feel a bit conflicted here, I do think they are right to put the integrity of the league ahead of this, but feels a bit sore that we will be screwed over by this while the Old Firm who created this mess still get to play in the league. We are the team who have tried to find all alternatives to this option but blocked by other clubs self-interest, while the Old Firm have always looked to run roughshod over everything to get what they wanted.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Or have they effectively admitted they haven’t coined it in as much as they thought they would with the Uglies joining them?

Everything is self-interest one way or another 

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Or have they effectively admitted they haven’t coined it in as much as they thought they would with the Uglies joining them?

Berwick's last paragraph effectively answers that question.  (I should add that Berwick lost out on a place in next season's SPFL Trust trophy because of results against the OF B Teams)

As we reach what feels like a crossroads – and continue to be presented with options on new developments, Berwick Rangers would like to strongly urge its fellow clubs to consider what they see as the best outcome for the game; which decisions lead to fairer competition, which create more sporting integrity, which bolster opportunity and which create a system that leads by example.

Edited by Footballfirst

kingantti1874

So many backward clubs, so many backward ideas..  colt teams have worked elsewhere.  In Scotland we have only succeeded in consistent failure.

DALLY JAMBO
19 hours ago, RobboM said:

Was at the game last night as well Rose just fell apart in the 2nd half so sad after dominating the first half. Did you get 1 of the donner pies? World class from the pie hut gastro nomes.

14 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Spoke to someone involved at a LL club and they said they hadn't received a penny of the OF money PLUS one of the OF teams supporters caused c£2k of ground damage

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So many backward clubs, so many backward ideas..  colt teams have worked elsewhere.  In Scotland we have only succeeded in consistent failure.

No problem with introducing Colt teams, but where do you put them without impacting on existing leagues and cups. Do you let them join and leave leagues on a whim?

Perhaps the LL could just say no promotion for Darvel/Auchinleck/Tranent/Penicuik/St Cuthbert W. this season so that they can accommodate a third "B" team.

By all means let the SPFL Premiership clubs come up with a plan that incorporates Colt teams. Let's see that plan and vote on it, otherwise start at the bottom and work your way up.

What is needed IMO is a split of the fully professional game and the semi professional game. That way the full time colt teams can play at a higher level more appropriate to their ability.

9 minutes ago, DALLY JAMBO said:

Was at the game last night as well Rose just fell apart in the 2nd half so sad after dominating the first half. Did you get 1 of the donner pies? World class from the pie hut gastro nomes.

I was in the singing & dancing end , huge result for Blackburn. I've never seen them land a glove on Linlithgow in the past 6-7 seasons 😉 Absolutely gutted not to get a donner pie, I'd already eaten and didn't know they were on offer .... I'd have forced myself 😞

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Spoke to someone involved at a LL club and they said they hadn't received a penny of the OF money PLUS one of the OF teams supporters caused c£2k of ground damage

As far as I'm aware the league kept the full £50k from the OF, but the clubs have benefited by the league paying (or contributing towards) an insurance scheme for all clubs/players. 

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Hopefully, as it now looks like a 3 colt teams in the league is doomed, that clubs anger at the Old Firm means we get the place instead.

DALLY JAMBO
3 minutes ago, RobboM said:

I was in the singing & dancing end , huge result for Blackburn. I've never seen them land a glove on Linlithgow in the past 6-7 seasons 😉 Absolutely gutted not to get a donner pie, I'd already eaten and didn't know they were on offer .... I'd have forced myself 😞

Every chance Blackburn will stay up now played so well in the 2nd half. A bit of singing from the Blackburn fans. Hope Rose can beat Gala Fairydean Rovers in the cup final. Take Care.

6 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Every chance this result keeps Blackburn up some singing from the fans at the end. Rose playing the best football they have in the last 10 years hope they can beat Gala Rovers in the cup final

soonbe110
39 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Ok without being dogmatic don’t we want what benefits us?

In my mind having a B team playing together in a competitive league is much better than random players going to random

clubs and being split up with no obvious Hearts link when on loan - other than training, which may conflict with how they require to play on match day.

A reserve league should be mandated if we can’t get our younger players game time as a team.

U20 colts team has marginal benefit for us in reality imo. The guys will be playing in tier 5 whereas at the moment the guys out on loan are playing in tiers 2,3,4 and 5. Not sure that playing in lowland league is in any way a good place for players wanting to break into first team. 

soonbe110
44 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Agreed.  And our application may well have been an attempt to scupper the uglies plans for next season in the Lowland league forcing them to reconsider a reserve league. 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

U20 colts team has marginal benefit for us in reality imo. The guys will be playing in tier 5 whereas at the moment the guys out on loan are playing in tiers 2,3,4 and 5. Not sure that playing in lowland league is in any way a good place for players wanting to break into first team. 

From what I have seen for Robbie and Joes comments, its more about players getting a regular game so they are match fit to come into the first team. Its why we wanted a regular reserve league as that could serve the basis, but other teams did not want to do that. We could send a player out on loan for half the season, they develop come back but if we are not playing often for the first team when they come back then they wont have the match fitness levels you get from regular games meaning its harder for the player to come into the first team.

RustyRightPeg
31 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

As far as I'm aware the league kept the full £50k from the OF, but the clubs have benefited by the league paying (or contributing towards) an insurance scheme for all clubs/players. 

In a previous life I was involved in sport insurance and I can safely say this isn’t the case, and even if it was, the policy wouldn’t cost 10% of £50K. 

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

In a previous life I was involved in sport insurance and I can safely say this isn’t the case, and even if it was, the policy wouldn’t cost 10% of £50K. 

I have no idea about the cost, but I thought it would be substantially higher than £5k for all 16/18 clubs and over 300 players.

The rules make reference to a group insurance scheme.

B2 It is mandatory as a condition of membership that clubs purchase group insurance organised by the league. A waiver from this rule may be granted if the Club has insurance cover issued under participation elsewhere in the professional game in Scotland providing (a) that policy meets the requirement of Scottish FA Club Licensing and (b) it is approved by the Board of the SLFL. Clubs will be invoiced by the treasurer when payment of premium is due.

• davemclaren changed the title to Pyramid Leagues Superthread