Pyramid Leagues Superthread

Footballfirst

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Went to the Bonnyrigg game today , good crowd of 527 , a figure some of the professional clubs would love to get . 

There was a huge gulf between the clubs and result was never in doubt . Seems a strange thing to say as he didn’t score , but the forward who impressed the most was the Edinburgh no10 .

I do enjoy going to the LL games but like every other league there’s a difference in standards between the teams 

I took the grandkids along today as well. Edinburgh Uni play a nice style of passing football but they were physically dominated by the home side, as was evidenced by the first half goals from Hoskins Connelly and Young

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• RobboM

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3fingersreid
9 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I took the grandkids along today as well. Edinburgh Uni play a nice style of passing football but they were physically dominated by the home side, as was evidenced by the first half goals from Hoskins Connelly and Young

Edin Uni looked a young side in need of an old head or two . 
Do they allow non students to play for them do you know ? 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Edin Uni looked a young side in need of an old head or two . 
Do they allow non students to play for them do you know ? 

Yes. There is no restriction on who they sign, although they may choose not to sign non students.  I guess that they will be financially constrained in terms of signings, depending on the funding they receive from the university sports association.

I know that Heriot Watt signed Lumbert Katelza on loan from Penicuik as an experienced striker maybe three years ago.  "Lumbo" has returned to Penicuik after a spell in the amateur ranks.

kirkierobroy

Auchinleck Talbot predictably charging away with the WoSFL premier already. Expect them in the LL soon.

Kirkie RR currently 12th. Plan Champions' League in Six Years subject to delay...

3fingersreid
52 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Yes. There is no restriction on who they sign, although they may choose not to sign non students.  I guess that they will be financially constrained in terms of signings, depending on the funding they receive from the university sports association.

I know that Heriot Watt signed Lumbert Katelza on loan from Penicuik as an experienced striker maybe three years ago.  "Lumbo" has returned to Penicuik after a spell in the amateur ranks.

Thanks 👍🏻

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Tynecastle surprisingly turned over Tranent tonight 3-1.

Meanwhile Penicuik continued their winning streak with a 5-0 win over Jeanfield Swifts, albeit the visitors played the whole of the second half with 10 men.

On 15/08/2021 at 07:54, 3fingersreid said:
On 14/08/2021 at 22:27, Footballfirst said:

(as mentioned previously on the thread) Edinburgh Uni play a decent style, saw them away to Civil Service Strollers, and only two corners and a penalty saw them lose.

I’m a short walk away from Peffermill so will be heading along to see them on Saturday, sadly think it’s going to be a tough one v Rangers B 

RustyRightPeg
On 15/08/2021 at 09:31, Footballfirst said:

Scored again last night 

Musselburgh drawing again last night at Linlithgow. Still unbeaten but already 11 points off top spot having drawn 4 of their first 7.

Wee Joe Hamill now gaffer at Olivebank. 

46 minutes ago, Locky said:

Musselburgh drawing again last night at Linlithgow. Still unbeaten but already 11 points off top spot having drawn 4 of their first 7.

Wee Joe Hamill now gaffer at Olivebank. 

Linlithgow Rose got rid of their manager Brown Ferguson (former Clyde? boss) before this  game having had a poor start after a mediocre last season.

On 18/08/2021 at 09:53, EIEIO said:

Linlithgow Rose got rid of their manager Brown Ferguson (former Clyde? boss) before this  game having had a poor start after a mediocre last season.

Did they? My brother did an interview with him a while back for YFS.

Footballfirst

I posted this in another thread, but it's worth keeping it as a reference here.

EOSFL promotion/relegation schematic for the end of this season.  It could also be affected by promotion/relegation with the Lowland League

20210521_205254.thumb.jpeg.a6f8bbbb28d0d9be031c98a0b5d078ec.jpeg

Footballfirst

It seems that all is not well with the Board of the Lowland League.  There are unresolved issues that could affect the OF B teams, promotion, the LL Boundary and LL clubs participation in the League Cup and Challenge Cup.

The CSS and Caledonian Braves  chairmen have both resigned in protest at what is going on behind the scenes.  It appears that LL President George Fraser did not want to share certain information with the clubs which has caused a serious split.

After a short but interesting three months, I tendered my resignation from the SLFL Board yesterday. When elected to the board in May, I promised the clubs that I would act with integrity, inclusion and transparency on their behalf to better the league and protect their interests.

Unable to exercise these values, I was left with no choice but to stand down.
Although frustrated, I remain committed to improving our game and believe I have a lot to offer under different circumstances.

Chris EWING

https://www.caledonianbraves.com/news/chris-ewing-resigns-from-slfl-board

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/celtic-and-rangers-colt-teams-face-uncertain-future-ahead-of-crucial-lowland-league-vote-3352269

Celtic and Rangers colt teams face uncertain future ahead of crucial Lowland League vote

Lowland League chiefs fear the future of Celtic and Rangers colt teams in the division could be in doubt ahead of a key vote on Monday evening.

The Scottish FA are still to sign off on a rule change which allowed the Old Firm to insert B teams into the fifth tier after it was voted through by the clubs.

And clubs believe there is a possibility this approval will not go through unless teams in the Lowland League vote to scrap the boundary rule which decides where relegated teams from the SPFL will play.

At present, whether a club plays in the Highland or Lowland League is decided by their location in relation to the River Tay.

Angus side Brechin City requested to play in the Lowland League following their relegation at the end of last season but, despite warning from Hampden chiefs about potential repercussions, clubs voted against it unanimously.

A row has now broken out regarding information being passed to clubs on whether there is a potential threat to the colts or the ability of the Lowland League to nominate its own team to the SPFL pyramid play-offs.

Civil Service Strollers vice-president Thomas Brown has stepped down from the league board over the issue.

He told the Daily Mail: “I feel strongly that the Lowland League clubs should have been given all the information available to them ahead of the Special General Meeting next week.

“As the board voted against this I feel this leaves a question mark over the integrity of the board's decision.

“As a result I had no other option than to stand down with immediate effect.”

The Mail reports others could follow.

Another potential ramification surrounds invites for Lowland League clubs to participate in both the Premier Sports Cup and the Challenge Cup, this season renamed the SPFL Trust Trophy.

Celtic and Rangers saw their colt teams voted into the league in the summer on an initial one-season basis.

Rangers colts have started the season in fine form, winning six of their seven league games and sitting just a point off the top of the table with a game in hand. Celtic sit in seventh, winning four, drawing two and losing one of their matches thus far.

Edited by Footballfirst

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It seems that all is not well with the Board of the Lowland League.  There are unresolved issues that could affect the OF B teams, promotion, the LL Boundary and LL clubs participation in the League Cup and Challenge Cup.

The CSS and Caledonian Braves  chairmen have both resigned in protest at what is going on behind the scenes.  It appears that LL President George Fraser did not want to share certain information with the clubs which has caused a serious split.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/celtic-and-rangers-colt-teams-face-uncertain-future-ahead-of-crucial-lowland-league-vote-3352269

Celtic and Rangers colt teams face uncertain future ahead of crucial Lowland League vote

Lowland League chiefs fear the future of Celtic and Rangers colt teams in the division could be in doubt ahead of a key vote on Monday evening.

The Scottish FA are still to sign off on a rule change which allowed the Old Firm to insert B teams into the fifth tier after it was voted through by the clubs.

And clubs believe there is a possibility this approval will not go through unless teams in the Lowland League vote to scrap the boundary rule which decides where relegated teams from the SPFL will play.

At present, whether a club plays in the Highland or Lowland League is decided by their location in relation to the River Tay.

Angus side Brechin City requested to play in the Lowland League following their relegation at the end of last season but, despite warning from Hampden chiefs about potential repercussions, clubs voted against it unanimously.

A row has now broken out regarding information being passed to clubs on whether there is a potential threat to the colts or the ability of the Lowland League to nominate its own team to the SPFL pyramid play-offs.

Civil Service Strollers vice-president Thomas Brown has stepped down from the league board over the issue.

He told the Daily Mail: “I feel strongly that the Lowland League clubs should have been given all the information available to them ahead of the Special General Meeting next week.

“As the board voted against this I feel this leaves a question mark over the integrity of the board's decision.

“As a result I had no other option than to stand down with immediate effect.”

The Mail reports others could follow.

Another potential ramification surrounds invites for Lowland League clubs to participate in both the Premier Sports Cup and the Challenge Cup, this season renamed the SPFL Trust Trophy.

Celtic and Rangers saw their colt teams voted into the league in the summer on an initial one-season basis.

Rangers colts have started the season in fine form, winning six of their seven league games and sitting just a point off the top of the table with a game in hand. Celtic sit in seventh, winning four, drawing two and losing one of their matches thus far.

Interesting development cheers FF saw you in the flesh for the first time at Ainslie park after a guy I know pointed you out to me thanks for all your information 

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Interesting development cheers FF saw you in the flesh for the first time at Ainslie park after a guy I know pointed you out to me thanks for all your information 

Don't be shy about coming over and introducing yourself. I don't bite (often!) :taz:

Fxxx the SPFL
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Don't be shy about coming over and introducing yourself. I don't bite (often!) :taz:

👍

The above was reported a couple of months ago. It's the Daily Mail that has had the story. At time the SFA threatened the Lowland League to take Brechin. 

But it's still unclear exactly what is going on or where it will lead. 

8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The above was reported a couple of months ago. It's the Daily Mail that has had the story. At time the SFA threatened the Lowland League to take Brechin. 

But it's still unclear exactly what is going on or where it will lead. 

Why are the SFA so ‘protective’ of Brechin?

On 21/08/2021 at 09:30, davemclaren said:

Why are the SFA so ‘protective’ of Brechin?

On 20/08/2021 at 23:20, Footballfirst said:

The Gala Fairydean rep on the Lowland League board has resigned to in response to the bizarre cover up of information that the SFA are effctively trying to blackmail the Lowland League into accepting a really bizarre rule change that would allow Club 42 to simply nominate which division they would like to be relegated to. This is in the wake of the failed attempt to shoehorn Brechin into the Lowland League and also the fact that the pyramid below the Highland league has now been established on a geographical basis matching the Highland/Lowland split.

Listening to the Gala guy on this podcast really makes you despair at the utter incompetence at the heart of the SFA (about the first 30 minutes is plenty)

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cDovL2ZlZWRzLnNvdW5kY2xvdWQuY29tL3VzZXJzL3NvdW5kY2xvdWQ6dXNlcnM6NDkwMzA1NTg1L3NvdW5kcy5yc3M/episode/dGFnOnNvdW5kY2xvdWQsMjAxMDp0cmFja3MvMTExMjM3MTg0MA?sa=X&ved=0CAUQkfYCahcKEwiYl7vv5czyAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQCg&hl=en-GB

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, RobboM said:

The Gala Fairydean rep on the Lowland League board has resigned to in response to the bizarre cover up of information that the SFA are effctively trying to blackmail the Lowland League into accepting a really bizarre rule change that would allow Club 42 to simply nominate which division they would like to be relegated to. This is in the wake of the failed attempt to shoehorn Brechin into the Lowland League and also the fact that the pyramid below the Highland league has now been established on a geographical basis matching the Highland/Lowland split.

Listening to the Gala guy on this podcast really makes you despair at the utter incompetence at the heart of the SFA (about the first 30 minutes is plenty)

Thanks for the link to the podcast. I listened to the full discussion. Nothing surprises me about SFA decisions, but I'm still struggling to understand why.  As for the LL Board, I think the clubs need to consider whether or not the Board is acting in their best interests.

A complete overhaul might be required to relaunch the LL with a degree of unity and a common purpose. 

Footballfirst

LL statement contradicting what has been claimed (by those who resigned).

http://slfl.co.uk/statement-pyramid-play-off-rule-changes/

The SLFL Board has noted that there has been misinformation circulating regarding the proposed changes to the Pyramid Play-off Rules.

For the avoidance of doubt, the Scottish FA stated clearly that approval of our League rules for this season was not dependent on a positive result regarding the change of the boundary between the Highland and Lowland Leagues.

The Scottish FA has invited the Lowland League to submit proposals for the development and strengthening of the League to a meeting to be arranged in September. The SLFL Board had asked two Board members to develop such plans but they have both resigned without any progress having been made. Consequently, the remaining Board members will be bringing forward proposals for discussion with all clubs, the aim being to improve and strengthen the League and its pivotal position in the “Pyramid”. Clubs will be contacted for their views in the near future.

12 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

LL statement contradicting what has been claimed (by those who resigned).

http://slfl.co.uk/statement-pyramid-play-off-rule-changes/

The SLFL Board has noted that there has been misinformation circulating regarding the proposed changes to the Pyramid Play-off Rules.

For the avoidance of doubt, the Scottish FA stated clearly that approval of our League rules for this season was not dependent on a positive result regarding the change of the boundary between the Highland and Lowland Leagues.

The Scottish FA has invited the Lowland League to submit proposals for the development and strengthening of the League to a meeting to be arranged in September. The SLFL Board had asked two Board members to develop such plans but they have both resigned without any progress having been made. Consequently, the remaining Board members will be bringing forward proposals for discussion with all clubs, the aim being to improve and strengthen the League and its pivotal position in the “Pyramid”. Clubs will be contacted for their views in the near future.

Puts me in mind of Jeremy Paxman interview with Michael Howard
"But SFA, did you THREATEN to link approval of the League rules to the change of boundary"
I guess the question could be asked a dozen times without a straight answer 🙂

Footballfirst

Ex Hearts youngster Greig Allan made his debut for Rangers B today against VOL.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Nairn County v Strathspey Thistle

Wigtown & Bladnoch v St Cuthbert Wanderers

Fraserburgh v Sauchie Juniors

Banks O'Dee v Turriff Utd

Newtongrange Star v Dalbeattie Star

Cumbernauld Colts v Buckie Thistle

Spartans v Gala Fairydean Rovers

Penicuik Athletic v Tranent Juniors

Blackburn Utd v Rothes

Broomhill v Glasgow University

East Stirlingshire v Fort William

Coldstream v East Kilbride

Lothian Thistle Hutchie Vale v Edinburgh University

Clydebank v Burntisland Shipyard or Dalkeith

Berwick Rangers v Gretna 2008

Caledonian Braves v University of Stirling

Lossiemouth v Preston Athletic

Dunbar Utd v Camelon

Brechin City v Vale of Leithen

Inverurie Locos v Jeanfield Swifts

Keith v Darvel

Golspie Sutherland v Civil Service Strollers

Wick Academy v Bo'ness Utd

Formartine Utd v Cumnock

Huntly v Hill of Beath Hawthorn

Irvine Meadow v Auchinleck Talbot

Forres Mechanics v Bonnyrigg Rose

Deveronvale v Haddington Athletic

Clachnacuddin v Dunipace

Tynecastle v Brora Rangers

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Nairn County v Strathspey Thistle

Wigtown & Bladnoch v St Cuthbert Wanderers

Fraserburgh v Sauchie Juniors

Banks O'Dee v Turriff Utd

Newtongrange Star v Dalbeattie Star

Cumbernauld Colts v Buckie Thistle

Spartans v Gala Fairydean Rovers

Penicuik Athletic v Tranent Juniors

Blackburn Utd v Rothes

Broomhill v Glasgow University

East Stirlingshire v Fort William

Coldstream v East Kilbride

Lothian Thistle Hutchie Vale v Edinburgh University

Clydebank v Burntisland Shipyard or Dalkeith

Berwick Rangers v Gretna 2008

Caledonian Braves v University of Stirling

Lossiemouth v Preston Athletic

Dunbar Utd v Camelon

Brechin City v Vale of Leithen

Inverurie Locos v Jeanfield Swifts

Keith v Darvel

Golspie Sutherland v Civil Service Strollers

Wick Academy v Bo'ness Utd

Formartine Utd v Cumnock

Huntly v Hill of Beath Hawthorn

Irvine Meadow v Auchinleck Talbot

Forres Mechanics v Bonnyrigg Rose

Deveronvale v Haddington Athletic

Clachnacuddin v Dunipace

Tynecastle v Brora Rangers

Some tasty local draws there and what an irony if Tynecastle were to gain any type of revenge against Brora 🙂

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Some tasty local draws there and what an irony if Tynecastle were to gain any type of revenge against Brora 🙂

One of the ties will be shown live. It should be Irvine Meadow v Auchinleck or Penicuik v Tranent, but they may go for a cross league match up like Forres v Bonnyrigg, Tynecastle v Brora, Formartine v Cumnock or the "All Star" clash. 

21 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

One of the ties will be shown live. It should be Irvine Meadow v Auchinleck or Penicuik v Tranent, but they may go for a cross league match up like Forres v Bonnyrigg, Tynecastle v Brora, Formartine v Cumnock or the "All Star" clash. 

Would love the Penicuick v Tranent to be the live game ,think it will be the Irvine Meadow v Auchinlek game tho .

Anybody know rules regarding games n EOSPL being called off due to COVID?Are points and 3 nils awarded or games to be played at later date?

Footballfirst
5 hours ago, systemx said:

Anybody know rules regarding games n EOSPL being called off due to COVID?Are points and 3 nils awarded or games to be played at later date?

I think they are just rescheduled.

Footballfirst

I was at Musselburgh v Penicuik tonight. It was a very even game, but Musselburgh ended Penicuik's unbeaten run with a 1-0 win, with Mattu King scoring from the spot.

The penalty seemed a pretty dodgy handball decision, but the ref did appear to favour the home side throughout.

There were plenty ex Hearts youths involved.  Jordan Orru, Greg Page, Bradley Whyte and Mattu King for the home side and Kieran Watson, Reece Hope and Robbie Neave for Penicuik.  

Totally biased, but I consider Conference X to be proving an Xcelent league to watch.  

19 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I was at Musselburgh v Penicuik tonight. It was a very even game, but Musselburgh ended Penicuik's unbeaten run with a 1-0 win, with Mattu King scoring from the spot.

The penalty seemed a pretty dodgy handball decision, but the ref did appear to favour the home side throughout.

There were plenty ex Hearts youths involved.  Jordan Orru, Greg Page, Bradley Whyte and Mattu King for the home side and Kieran Watson, Reece Hope and Robbie Neave for Penicuik.  

Was there myself FF. Cracking game for that level and the £8 entry fee was worth it. Penicuik just seemed to run out of steam after a blistering start. Musselburgh are a pretty solid team (new Geordie lad a centre half strolled it) but watched them a few times this season, and despite the fact they play some lovely football, they really ought to be a bit more decisive and clinical in the final third. Few too many draws this season, which with a bit effectiveness up top, might see them pushing up with Preston and Penicuik.

Penalty was contentious, and less of a penalty than the one they were turned down 5-10 minutes prior, and Penicuik will feel aggrieved, especially with some of their own chances, but thought Musselburgh just deserved to sneak it albeit in different fashion. Mussy keeper was superb too.

22 minutes ago, Locky said:

Was there myself FF. Cracking game for that level and the £8 entry fee was worth it. Penicuik just seemed to run out of steam after a blistering start. Musselburgh are a pretty solid team (new Geordie lad a centre half strolled it) but watched them a few times this season, and despite the fact they play some lovely football, they really ought to be a bit more decisive and clinical in the final third. Few too many draws this season, which with a bit effectiveness up top, might see them pushing up with Preston and Penicuik.

Penalty was contentious, and less of a penalty than the one they were turned down 5-10 minutes prior, and Penicuik will feel aggrieved, especially with some of their own chances, but thought Musselburgh just deserved to sneak it albeit in different fashion. Mussy keeper was superb too.

Oops. Meant Tranent, not Preston. :ninja: 

Footballfirst
48 minutes ago, Locky said:

Oops. Meant Tranent, not Preston. :ninja: 

Yes but only £4 for me.  I'm looking forward to the Penicuik v Tranent Scottish Cup tie later this month.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst
21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Bonnyrigg Rose doing a lot better than I thought they might. 

They are on a good run, but their performances haven't matched their results. Bo'ness was the better side a couple of weeks ago and University of Stirling deserved to take something last weekend.  They are very reliant on being physically bigger and stronger than their opponents, scoring a fair proportion of their goals from set pieces.

However, I think they have a run of five games at home, starting with Berwick Rangers on Saturday. They might be able to put some daylight between themselves and the chasing pack (excluding the OF B teams).

Edited by Footballfirst

On 01/09/2021 at 23:29, Footballfirst said:

They are on a good run, but their performances haven't matched their results. Bo'ness was the better side a couple of weeks ago and University of Stirling deserved to take something last weekend.  They are very reliant on being physically bigger and stronger than their opponents, scoring a fair proportion of their goals from set pieces.

However, I think they have a run of five games at home, starting with Berwick Rangers on Saturday. They might be able to put some daylight between themselves and the chasing pack (excluding the OF B teams).

Good victory yesterday to stay top. 

Footballfirst
16 minutes ago, Meadows said:

532 at the Tranent V Musselburgh game yesterday. 

Tranent played very well and sealed a comfortable 3-0 victory. 

714 at Bonnyrigg yesterday. Will probably get to four figures next weekend when they play Rangers B.

On 05/09/2021 at 15:52, Footballfirst said:

714 at Bonnyrigg yesterday. Will probably get to four figures next weekend when they play Rangers B.

Didn't quite make the four figures (officially). I was among 942 at Bonnyrigg v Rangers B today, although there would probably be around 1,200 there in total, as there in no mechanism for counting kids who get in for free.

The 2-5 scoreline actually flattered Bonnyrigg. They didn't even attempt to physically dominate the Rangers youngsters, and were lacking in pace and legs throughout the team.

Edited by Footballfirst

Thought I'd have a look at Vale of Leithen as they were playing Pumpherston in the Challenge Cup 1st Round.
Vale of Leithen are in the Lowland League (ie Tier 5 in the pyramid) and Pumpherston are in Conference X which will make up the bulk of the Tier 9 East League next season. Finished 5-1 (yaaaaaassss) to Pumpherston and could have been a good few more. 

30 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Thought I'd have a look at Vale of Leithen as they were playing Pumpherston in the Challenge Cup 1st Round.
Vale of Leithen are in the Lowland League (ie Tier 5 in the pyramid) and Pumpherston are in Conference X which will make up the bulk of the Tier 9 East League next season. Finished 5-1 (yaaaaaassss) to Pumpherston and could have been a good few more. 

Today's Challenge Cup results, with a few cross tier "surprise" results highlighted

North-East Zone
Bellshill Athletic 2-5 Dundonald Bluebell
Caledonian Braves 3-1 Shotts Bon Accord
Camelon 2-1 Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
East Stirlingshire 1-2 Linlithgow Rose
Hill of Beath Hawthorn 1-2 Sauchie (aet, FT 1-1)
Oakley United 3-1 Kilsyth Athletic
Kinnoull 5-2 Lochgelly Albert

South-East Zone
Craigroyston 2-6 Armadale Thistle
Edinburgh South 2-4 Whitburn
Edinburgh University 1-1 Heriot-Watt University (aet, FT 0-0, 5-4p)
Haddington Athletic 2-1 Dunbar United
Musselburgh Athletic 0-1 Tynecastle
Pumpherston 5-1 Vale of Leithen
Whitehill Welfare 2-4 Coldstream

South-West Zone
Carluke Rovers 2-6 Cambuslang Rangers
Dalbeattie Star 0-1 Whitletts Victoria
Glenafton Athletic 2-1 Craigmark Burntonians
Lugar Boswell Thistle 6-2 Wigtown & Bladnoch
Nithsdale Wanderers 2-7  Hurlford United
Royal Albert 2-3 Wishaw
Troon 13-0 Mid Annandale
Upper Annandale 0-4 Lesmahagow

North-West Zone
Ashfield 4-6 Greenock
Beith 2-1 Neilston
Glasgow United 4-1 Dalry Thistle
Petershill 5-0 Glenvale
Kilbirnie Ladeside 9-0 Ardeer Thistle
Kilwinning Rangers 7-0 Ardrossan Winton Rovers
Maryhill 1-2 Arthurlie
St Rochs 1-2 Largs Thistle

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Didn't quite make the four figures (officially). I was among 942 at Bonnyrigg v Rangers B today, although there would probably be around 1,200 there in total, as there in no mechanism for counting kids who get in for free.

The 2-5 scoreline actually flattered Bonnyrigg. They didn't even attempt to physically dominate the Rangers youngsters, and were lacking in pace and legs throughout the team.

It was not a typical Bonnyrigg performance.They allowed Rangers colts too much space and time on the ball and failed to make their mark physically.

That said the Rangers Colts had talented players who were well organised.In the team they have Ireland NI and Scottish u21

Internationals who have reputedly cost Rangers substantial amounts of money to sign from Man Utd or fend off the interest of the likes of Arsenal.These lads are full time and extremely sharp and they appear to have the benefit of a large squad.

Our part time Bonnyrigg lads have been injury and Covid hit in the last month and have managed to grind out results.

Bonnyrigg were" leggy"

Bonnyrigg did have

their chances and Hogarth son of Myles pulled off some excellent saves in the first half.

Bonnyrigg having lost the first goal from a deflection in the first half ended up chasing the game leaving them exposed at the 

The Colts are not under the same pressures as other sides.Bonnyrigg may have faced their strongest side today but whose to say that fellow competitors will.Those running the colts are free to experiment as they will not be promoted nor will they be relegated.The situation lacks sporting integrity.

I would not bet against Bonnyrigg being best of the rest and getting into the playoffs.

Not exactly a surprise after recent events.

George Fraser steps down as Chairperson

The Scottish Lowland Football League can confirm that George Fraser has stepped down from his position as Chairperson.

George’s resignation comes after more than four years on the board and three and a half as chairperson, during which he guided the league through some very difficult times including all the issued caused by the COViD pandemic.

Clubs were told of George’s decision at a meeting tonight.

Speaking after the announcement Vice-Chairperson, Graeme Mullin, said: “The work and effort that George has put in over the past few years is incredible.

“He has been an excellent Chairperson of the league and is a well-respected figure within the game.

“George put in a huge amount of his own time into making the League stronger and better and he certainly succeeded in that regard.

“Everyone from the League wishes him well for the future.”

The League can also confirm that Brendan Parkinson, Chris Ewing and Kenny Murray have been elected to serve as Board members.

A process will now be initiated to elect a new Chairperson within the next week.

On 11/09/2021 at 17:58, Footballfirst said:

Rangers B beaten 3-0 tonight by Ayr in the Challenge Cup. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Pyramid Leagues Superthread