Top Posters In This Topic

• jack D and coke

• Governor Tarkin

• Savage Vince

• Unknown user

9 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Showing their true colours

The first tweet of that thread 🤣

We don't have a company line on this....but it was unacceptable.

Apparently a number of their viewers complained against this free speech wokery and are boycotting....the massive snowflakes.

Edited by Costanza

GB News won't work here because there's no need for it.

Britain even by European standards is an incredibly liberal country, accepting of minorities, sexually, racially and pro-imigration etc.

It's nothing like the US where right wing conservatism is deep rooted in the church either.

In my opinion, there's just not a market for it on the scale it would need to flourish. We'll see I suppose.

16 hours ago, Costanza said:

Don't know if this is more or less reliable than the ITKers on the Transfer window thread.

Hilarious if true of course.

Savage Vince
3 hours ago, pablo said:

Britain even by European standards is an incredibly liberal country, accepting of minorities, sexually, racially and pro-imigration etc.

Cute. 

25 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Cute. 

Eh? Not spent much time in the likes of Eastern Europe then?

1 hour ago, pablo said:

Eh? Not spent much time in the likes of Eastern Europe then?

No, but I've seen i8 posts😊😊

Jambo-Jimbo
9 hours ago, pablo said:

GB News won't work here because there's no need for it.

It's nothing like the US where right wing conservatism is deep rooted in the church either.

In my opinion, there's just not a market for it on the scale it would need to flourish. We'll see I suppose.

I have to agree, I just don't see GB news attracting the numbers it needs to survive in the long term.

Guto Harrri has been suspended for taking the knee. The director of programs has resigned after refusing to focus more on culture war issues.

Presenter (and man of the people apparently) Alastair Stewart will be off for an extended period after breaking his hip while exercising his horse.

Several day time programs have registered zero viewers.

Apart from that it's been a good week at Gbeebies.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Guto Harrri has been suspended for taking the knee. The director of programs has resigned after refusing to focus more on culture war issues.

Presenter (and man of the people apparently) Alastair Stewart will be off for an extended period after breaking his hip while exercising his horse.

:rofl: 

What an absolute disaster. It couldn’t happen to better people than arrogant pricks like Neil, Oliver and Wooton. 
GIRUY

Konrad von Carstein
15 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I read that as Goebbels 🤭

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

What an absolute disaster. It couldn’t happen to better people than arrogant pricks like Neil, Oliver and Wooton. 
GIRUY

:pleasing:

Savage Vince
1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

Fantastic reading. 😊

It's actually quite surprising that there aren't enough brain dead right wing racists to support fox news UK. Maybe there is hope for the world; but then I remember Boris 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

It's actually quite surprising that there aren't enough brain dead right wing racists to support fox news UK. Maybe there is hope for the world; but then I remember Boris 

I reckon there's loads of them, but how many are actually going to sit down and watch the likes of that prick Neil when Top Gear reruns are on?

19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I reckon there's loads of them, but how many are actually going to sit down and watch the likes of that prick Neil when Top Gear reruns are on?

😁😁

The Mighty Thor

The Gammonati rejoice, GBeebies is saved. 

Farage gets a weekday slot at 7pm and he 'won't be taking the knee' 

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Plot twist.

Rats joining a sinking ship.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Great news.

It's fine that people have different views. Healthy even.

But I really think GB News just reflects an error by the 'culture warriors'. The culture war is being won decisively. The strong support for the black English footballers this week demonstrates that.

And not just in the UK.

19 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Other presenters are also available 

Not sure Farage will save them after kneegate. There is 100% a market for an alternative to garbage like Sky and Sir Clive of Myrie but they dropped the ball and it was too woke from the off.

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Not sure Farage will save them after kneegate. There is 100% a market for an alternative to garbage like Sky and Sir Clive of Myrie but they dropped the ball and it was too woke from the off.

You mean the culture warriors are basically too stupid to put across a good argument. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Savage Vince
3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

You really are a silly wee person. 

3 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

You really are a silly wee person. 

I collected a ban for saying the same about a lefty like you (insulting a member)  Mods do not apply fairness here. 189 posts and probably undercover hobo yet you can insult me.

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

There is some serious shyte being posted on the boards today. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's fine that people have different views. Healthy even.

But I really think GB News just reflects an error by the 'culture warriors'. The culture war is being won decisively. The strong support for the black English footballers this week demonstrates that.

And not just in the UK.

Culture war in the UK is a total nonsense. Basically you have people who are stupid enough to use Twitter. Of those about half love to make silly vacuous gestures. The other half like to get infuriated by these same silly vacuous gestures.

Lone Striker
21 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

To be fair, Andrew Neil wouldn't have been taking the knee either ..... due to the size of his stomach. 😀

So we now have the perfect irony at GBnews.   A guy with a French surname who can't get himself elected but was on the same anti-EU side as Boris in the EU referendum & withdrawal debacle  is now a colleague of a guy who dislikes Boris and is now a permanent resident in the EU while being the chairman of a  flag-waving TV news channel outside the EU.

It rivals Line of Duty for plot twists. 😉 

2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I collected a ban for saying the same about a lefty like you (insulting a member)  Mods do not apply fairness here. 189 posts and probably undercover hobo yet you can insult me.

I thought you were big fan of being able to offend people?

Jeffros Furios

GB News reminds me of Sky Sports News and Talksport. . ****in pish !! 

Shanks said no

Up late waiting on my son getting home from the pub (he's working but LRT service pathetic - for another thread)

Channel surfing and found myself watching GBN

Farage for an hour, rarely if ever used the expression but he is gammon

He is now Talking Pints with Monty Panesar

• 1 month later...
The Mighty Thor

I read that it looks like Andrew Neil, the guy who started GBeebies,  won't be back after his 2 week holiday which started in June.

Even he thinks his own news channel is a bit shit. 

Piers Morgan is an absolute stick on. 

It's got better but some of the news stories actually go on too long and some of the guests are a bit of an interesting choice for debates. 

Is it better than the sky or BBC news channels? Yes. 

Seymour M Hersh
On 18/07/2021 at 14:24, jonnothejambo said:

I heard today that their viewing figures are so low the actual number cannot be ascertained. 

Then you heard wrong.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

No I didn't. Bizarre response 6 weeks later. 

Are you questioning my ears or my integrity because I hope it's not the latter?

I'm questioning the accuracy. Look at the BARB figures they don't seem to agree with you or whoever told you they were so low they couldn't be measured. 

https://www.barb.co.uk/viewing-data/weekly-viewing-summary-new/

11 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm questioning the accuracy. Look at the BARB figures they don't seem to agree with you or whoever told you they were so low they couldn't be measured. 

https://www.barb.co.uk/viewing-data/weekly-viewing-summary-new/

That seems to be weekly summaries, it was reported that at some points there were no discernible viewers.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/gb-news-boycott-zero-viewers-b1885207.html 

Edited by Beni

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

"At some points there were no discernible viewers".  3am?

Afternoon and evening.

You really don't want to read the article.

Sorry, I had no idea GBeebies was so important to you.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Beni said:

Afternoon and evening.

You really don't want to read the article.

Sorry, I had no idea GBeebies was so important to you.

It's not but all the BARB figures are averaged of a week or more. I suppose you could identify massive loss in viewers foe any channel at specific times of the day. Perhaps their viewers are all working.