Don Dan

Jeffros Furios
19 minutes ago, samgolden said:

Yip remember all they games absolutely pish but what a support we had

I think the worst one was Montrose at links park on a freezing Wednesday night we lost 3-1  I’m sure,can you remember it 

Hamilton away in the snow was fun . They even had the orange ball out. 

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack D and coke

• Governor Tarkin

• Savage Vince

• Unknown user

Savage Vince
1 hour ago, samgolden said:

Yip remember all they games absolutely pish but what a support we had

I think the worst one was Montrose at links park on a freezing Wednesday night we lost 3-1  I’m sure,can you remember it 

I remember winning 3-1 at Montrose in midweek in the 80s and there was Dundee United casuals in their end. 😀

JudyJudyJudy

Never heard of this show ? What site / channel is it on ?  Seems like most of the presenters seem to be renegades from “ Talk radio “ ( which I don’t mind at times depending on who is presenting ) I’m not adverse to any new news outlets challenging the horrendous BBC which I haven’t watched in years , ditto channel 4 which used to have some sense of impartiality but they have went full Govt supporting covid crazy now . 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Never heard of this show ? What site / channel is it on ?  Seems like most of the presenters seem to be renegades from “ Talk radio “ ( which I don’t mind at times depending on who is presenting ) I’m not adverse to any new news outlets challenging the horrendous BBC which I haven’t watched in years , ditto channel 4 which used to have some sense of impartiality but they have went full Govt supporting covid crazy now . 

Reporting the news, the nerve.

They should definitely cater more to the broken conspiracy theorist demographic.

If they were truly about the voice of the UK, covering all aspects, then they would have pro Scottish Indy folk amongst their employ. They don't so that tells me enough about their reporting.

23 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

How do you know what it's like if you haven't watched it for years? 🤷‍♂️

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

I haven’t watched if for years because I know that’s it’s like hence not watching it anymore . Unless it’s radically  changed 

32 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

If they were truly about the voice of the UK, covering all aspects, then they would have pro Scottish Indy folk amongst their employ. They don't so that tells me enough about their reporting.

Its the basic question.

Supposedly covering those not represented by mainstream news. 

They need to look a bit more. 

26 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its the basic question.

Covering "news" is all a bit woke and snowflake 😂

The Mighty Thor
32 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its the basic question.

In other words it's an echo chamber for people who think Jim Davidson is funny.

SpruceBringsteen

Expected some content on here about their "Actually Epstein was a great guy and not an absolutely raging nonce" segment last night tbh. Chop chop lads. 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

In other words it's an echo chamber for people who think Jim Davidson is funny.

I see he was trying to rehabilitate Gary Glitter lately...

12 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Expected some content on here about their "Actually Epstein was a great guy and not an absolutely raging nonce" segment last night tbh. Chop chop lads. 

For reals? Maybe Jim Davidson could get a gig with them after all. 

3 hours ago, Barack said:

"Our first caller on the line, is Andrew, from Windsor? Andrew..."

"before we go to andrew from windsor a message from our sponsor"

"celebrating a birthday? join us at pizza express woking for an unforgettable time"

3 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Tess Tegal writes in about Clee Torez. 

👏👏👏👏

im ashamed it took me ages to figure out the joke

See, that's the thing when you base your entire output on conspiracy nuts on the internet.

You, by definition, have no basic journalistic skills or check any of your sources.

You take everything at face value as long as it follows your narrow agenda.

And you broadcast it.

So you get trolled and ridiculed.

And you don't even notice.

Edited by Cade

1 hour ago, Mysterion said:

👏👏👏👏

DBA7EA37-E28F-4FD6-90B6-85BEABF82882.gif

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Mysterion said:

👏👏👏👏

Ffs :lol: 

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Mysterion said:

👏👏👏👏

I, for one, am outraged, etc.

I found this interesting. For complete transparency, I would say that I agree with this view. The Guardian versus CB news and the hypocrisy of organisations like IKEA....meh.

I follow this guy's content anyway. Consistently on the money in my opinion. 

Edited by pablo

Unknown user
3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

then GB News is the channel for you

But I'm white, over weight and middle aged, are you sure?

Space Mackerel
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Won't somebody think of the gammon??

Here’s one of the co presenters lying through her hoop. 

She just LOVES politics in Kenya doncha know.

Edited by Space Mackerel

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Here’s one of the co presenters lying through her hoop. 

She just LOVES politics in Kenya doncha know.

I think her eyes may have turned brown

Space Mackerel
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I think her eyes may have turned brown

“I love Kenya” 

But she doesn’t want them coming over here. 

Savage Vince
On 16/06/2021 at 10:56, fancy a brew said:

TBF, he gets most of his 'news' from Enzo's posts on here. 

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

But I'm white, over weight and middle aged, are you sure?

You forgot bald.

Konrad von Carstein
15 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

TBF, he gets most of his 'news' from Enzo's posts on here. 

:arry:

:lol:

A curious finding from research by IPSOS Mori is people assigning themselves more on the 'right' of the debate - possibly the target audience of GB News - could be more open to compromise than those associated with the likes of Black Lives Matter. 

They found that over 50% of supporters of BLM would not be open to be friends with those who disagree with the movement. But only around 25% of those opposed to BLM would not want to be friends with their supporters.

GB News might be in danger of misreading its own audience. 

Unknown user
48 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You forgot bald.

If there's one thing I'm definitely not, it's bald! Unless you mean little Private Smithee, in which case spot on 

It seems the foul stench of rotting gammon was too much for this presenter to bear:

India Willoughby sensationally quits GB News
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/india-willoughby-sensationally-quits-gb-083427603.html

GB News, which launched this month, was the first UK news channel to be set up with an explicit political leaning, according to the BBC, and it was something that appealed to Willoughby.

As a “patriotic” person with “right of centre” political views, she told PinkNews: “I was really looking forward to doing it… I thought it was going to be a breath of fresh air. I like debates.”

But the reality was not what she expected.

“It’s a monster,” she said. “It’s an absolute nightmare… For people like me, it’s opened the gates of hell.”

Although it only launched earlier this month, GB News has already platformed anti-trans voices like the LGB Alliance and Maya Forstater.

“I was really disappointed in the first week when I saw they were demonising trans people at every opportunity,” Willoughby said.

“Even me, everyone in the country knows that I will criticise certain LGBT+ issues. But while I criticise, I never demonise, and I don’t hate anyone. And this sickens me to the pit of my stomach.”

She went into Wootton’s show, after “a full week of anti-trans rhetoric”, “determined to put up a passionate defence”.

JudyJudyJudy
41 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

It seems the foul stench of rotting gammon was too much for this presenter to bear:

India Willoughby sensationally quits GB News
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/india-willoughby-sensationally-quits-gb-083427603.html

GB News, which launched this month, was the first UK news channel to be set up with an explicit political leaning, according to the BBC, and it was something that appealed to Willoughby.

As a “patriotic” person with “right of centre” political views, she told PinkNews: “I was really looking forward to doing it… I thought it was going to be a breath of fresh air. I like debates.”

But the reality was not what she expected.

“It’s a monster,” she said. “It’s an absolute nightmare… For people like me, it’s opened the gates of hell.”

Although it only launched earlier this month, GB News has already platformed anti-trans voices like the LGB Alliance and Maya Forstater.

“I was really disappointed in the first week when I saw they were demonising trans people at every opportunity,” Willoughby said.

“Even me, everyone in the country knows that I will criticise certain LGBT+ issues. But while I criticise, I never demonise, and I don’t hate anyone. And this sickens me to the pit of my stomach.”

She went into Wootton’s show, after “a full week of anti-trans rhetoric”, “determined to put up a passionate defence”.

What did she really expect by going on this show ? But good on her challenging him and their “ news “ . Still on the fence about her but I do tend to agree with her about all the crap about “ non binary “ “ pan sexual” and the multitude of different identities in the LGBT . I think there needs to be a breakaway from trans and LGB . The militant trans lobby are doing untold harm to LGB visibility and equality . IMO 

Jambo-Jimbo

Upon my normal flicking through the news channels this morning, I will admit I did linger longer than normal on GB News.

Kirsty Gallacher was either excited about something or the studio was cold.  :laugh:

Horatio Caine
3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Upon my normal flicking through the news channels this morning, I will admit I did linger longer than normal on GB News.

Kirsty Gallacher was either excited about something or the studio was cold.  :laugh:

Numpty question here - is this a channel that can be got on cooncil telly?  Only asking out of curiosity - honest!

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Numpty question here - is this a channel that can be got on cooncil telly?  Only asking out of curiosity - honest!

I'm sure it's on Freeview. 

Horatio Caine
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

I'm sure it's on Freeview. 

Thanks.  Must re-tune my TV then.

jack D and coke

Still haven’t watched so can’t say if it’s good or bad.
They must be loving the attention it’s getting though. Must be getting them viewers?