• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LeftBack

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• Stu_HMFC

1 hour ago, benny said:

Rice must be the most overrated of them all.

As always its the manager who can dictate how a player performes. Moyes gets best out of Rice. Pep Foden. Mount has improved under Tuchel. Philips with Bielsa. But aye I'm so stupid to say the four are a great midfield 

53 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

As always its the manager who can dictate how a player performes. Moyes gets best out of Rice. Pep Foden. Mount has improved under Tuchel. Philips with Bielsa. But aye I'm so stupid to say the four are a great midfield 

Thought Mount was actually their best player by far.Very classy midfielder.Our midfield was simply better and out worked the English yesterday though.I think on a whole together England's midfield does not work.

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Thought Mount was actually their best player by far.Very classy midfielder.Our midfield was simply better and out worked the English yesterday though.I think on a whole together England's midfield does not work.

Cheers mate! Was sick of abuse on here when I just tried to make a point how much I enjoyed good footballers. Reminds me of time my elderly father cheered Dennis Bergkamp goal against Argentina. Unfortunately he was in a celtic pub and was bottled. I just enjoy good quality no matter what 

1 minute ago, LeftBack said:

Cheers mate! Was sick of abuse on here when I just tried to make a point how much I enjoyed good footballers. Reminds me of time my elderly father cheered Dennis Bergkamp goal against Argentina. Unfortunately he was in a celtic pub and was bottled. I just enjoy good quality no matter what 

If you enjoy good quality you wouldn't be saying England's midfield is the best ever. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If you enjoy good quality you wouldn't be saying England's midfield is the best ever. 

I was talking about individuals. Four great young players. I enjoyed performance together v Croatia. What is problem? 

They are very good midfielders. 
It isn’t a very good midfield. 

Simple really, you can have all the good ingredients you want but if you can’t cook…

On 13/06/2021 at 15:31, LeftBack said:

Never seen better. Folden mount Phillips are class

23 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

I was talking about individuals. Four great young players. I enjoyed performance together v Croatia. What is problem? 

Fair enough. 

I've already mentioned 3 better midfields. 1982, 1998 and 2018 French sides. 

You think Foden, Mount, Rice and Phillips are better than Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and Alonso. Maybe you didn't see them play. 

England are hilarious, the likes of Rice's, Phillips and Grealish are made out to be the best thing since sliced breed, when infact they are bang average EPL players that play for mid table EPL sides. 

They are incredible at believing their own propaganda. 

kingantti1874

So - as suspected this thread was incorrect. Not only are they not the best English midfield of all time. They were bossed by Scotland’s midfield and in my opinion don’t have an actual midfielder with the potential of Billy Gilmour 

that doesn’t mean they aren’t a stronger team than us, of course they are but Phillips and rice are not great by any stretch

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fair enough. 

You think Foden, Mount, Rice and Phillips are better than Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and Alonso. Maybe you didn't see them play. 

You're right. That's a great midfield. Maybe I got a bit carried away. Would still have Berry in there 👍

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

England are hilarious, the likes of Rice's, Phillips and Grealish are made out to be the best thing since sliced breed, when infact they are bang average EPL players that play for mid table EPL sides. 

They are incredible at believing their own propaganda. 

Diverting slightly, the media down there still refuse to see Kane for what he truly is.  There’s no doubting the guys ability, finishing prowess and efficiency on the ball but he lacks guts too often. 

They keep pumping it into the public domain how great he is, almost putting him up there with the best ever, but the guy goes missing too often when the chips are down. Doesn’t chase lost causes, ducks out aerial challenges but a lot of people these days want to believe a great player is built on ability  alone. 

And a captain?  He toils to rouse himself when he needs to, never mind his team mates.  It’s all fan pleasing shite and propaganda in football now.  

If he leaves Spurs he’ll need to go to a team thats already got the set up behind him to make use of his best elements, because he’s not going to drag teams to cups and leagues. 

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fair enough. 

imo Iniesta was overrated 😜

OK I over reacted. But just enjoyed the four young lads playing as if it was jumpers for goalposts. I suppose the question is a fantasy midfield - four out and out midfielders... Must be Kante and Makelele in centre pushing ball out wide to Ronaldo and Best 🤔

13 hours ago, LeftBack said:

OK I over reacted. But just enjoyed the four young lads playing as if it was jumpers for goalposts. I suppose the question is a fantasy midfield - four out and out midfielders... Must be Kante and Makelele in centre pushing ball out wide to Ronaldo and Best 🤔

Ronaldo and Best are/were forwards. 

Edited by ri Alban