3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Are They better Than? 

Lampard 

Gerrard 

Scholes 

Yes.

The good news is England get a hard 

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

The English media's overhype of Phillips is going to be the theme of the tournament. Until they get knocked out.

The clown Jenas still has a semi I bet.

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

The English media's overhype of Phillips is going to be the theme of the tournament. Until they get knocked out.

From reports and feedback he was their standout player in a very ordinary performance. 

They are gagging to big up Rice, Mount and Foden. Most England fans don't want Phillips in the team. 

rudi must stay
13 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I'm no fan of Jenas, I must admit, never have been. Doesn't seem very humble and he's on everything 

17 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Yes.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 they played together for 60minutes 1 game against Croatia who never gave them any trouble . 

England doing their usual and playing players out of position. How chilwell didn’t start I’ll never know.if he likes trippier so much play him at right back

21 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Think they all have tbf.

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I'm no fan of Jenas, I must admit, never have been. Doesn't seem very humble and he's on everything 

I literally do not remember him as a player and I bet neither do his teammates at Tottenham.

49 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Mount is very, very good.

Foden will be the midfielder of the tournament.

Correct mate. Cheeky wee bid in? 

51 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Helps that Croatia didn't turn up. 

I hope that they don’t ‘turn up’ against Scotland, then.

If they do, oh boy, are we in trouble?  🤷🏿‍♂️

12 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Correct mate. Cheeky wee bid in? 

To be honest, G, I’d ‘forgotten how good they are’.  😎

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I didn't see that much to worry about tbh, although I suspect they will improve (they have to)

Need to get Phillips in the book early doors. He fouls all day long. Must have been 6 or 7 fouls today with no card. Good player but One we can get at I think. I thought the game was too big for Foden and Mount today. Accept they are both very good given the time to be very good but again we’ve Got to snap at them on Friday.

4 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

After the dross they served up today anything other than 9 points for Scotland should see Clarke lose his job.

Dutch looking quite good. A team we played off the park a couple of weeks ago. Haven’t seen a team yet that could stop us winning the tournament .  😜 Seriously though, I feel better about our chances now than I felt before the game. All about getting a good start tomorrow now.

Edited by JimmyCant

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Dutch looking quite good. A team we played off the park a couple of weeks ago. Haven’t seen a team yet that could stop us winning the tournament . 😜

That’s the spirit 

1 hour ago, Jambos1983 said:

Foden and Mount were extremely poor today. Bizarre OP

Extremely poor.  :rofl: 

I take it your tongue is firmly in your cheek?   

Tommy Brown

Want to put pressure their hopeless keeper, pressing him quick when he has the ball at his feet in particular.

He didn't look in slightest  bit confident today.

That's Friday, tomorrow first, lets get 3 points in the bag, by hook or by crook.

Edited by Tommy Brown

BRAVEHEART1874

England got the win and were better than croatia, but i thought they would have been better really;)  Saving themselves for friday?   Italy seem a better side, much more quicker on the ball  / attacking with pace hopefully robbie was watching them 

Edited by BRAVEHEART1874
spell

Special Agent Dale Cooper
34 minutes ago, BRAVEHEART1874 said:

England got the win and were better than croatia, but i thought they would have been better really;)  Saving themselves for friday?   Italy seem a better side, much more quicker on the ball  / attacking with pace hopefully robbie was watching them 

This. It was a pretty dire game with one ok, but not great team (England) and one dire team (Croatia). Eye bleeding stuff.

Nothing to fear based upon that performance. I expected a lot more from both.

England’s weakness is their 2 Centre Backs, Goalkeeper and Defensive Midfielder Rice. Get at them and they’ll make mistakes.

Edited by mitch41

I see the difference this time being that  many of our players play at this level club wise and know the England players as regular opponents or team mates - we just need to get wired in about them and cause chaos in that midfield.

Hit Foden early and hard.

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Longbaws said:

After the dross they served up today anything other than 9 points for Scotland should see Clarke lose his job.

All we need to do is start fast and press. 

The jkb all conquering tactic that no one in football has every thought of. 

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

All we need to do is start fast and press. 

The jkb all conquering tactic that no one in football has every thought of. 

Well Daniel started it with his Gegenpress.

Nookie Bear

I was bored watching that England game yesterday and i genuinely felt like i was watching Hearts.

A strong first 15 minutes and then, when they ran out of ideas, did nothing except apart from pass it along the back line and then launch it forward. Players who excite week in-week out at club level looked average, Foden had one great moment early on and i never saw him after that...he needs to be given the ball and start influencing games but i reckon nobody played more passes for England than Stone/Mings.

One moment of energy and drive won the day and then were hanging on at the end.

They will be too good for Scotland but i would fancy anyone's chances against England if they get the first goal.

kingantti1874
13 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

:rofl:

England’s centre mid is Leeds and West Ham, Scotland’s is Man Utd and Aston Villa.. tbf.. I don’t think there is much difference in midfield specifically. I also think given a year or 2 Billy Gilmour is better than any of the them..

14 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I literally do not remember him as a player and I bet neither do his teammates at Tottenham.

Very talented player blighted by injuries, admitedly showed far more for Newcastle than he ever did at Spurs

Seymour M Hersh
23 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Foden is class, Mount is good and Phillips is ok. Overall I'm not that concerned about us facing up against them. We have plenty of players within our squad who have experience of facing them.

Well we'll see what happens on Friday but that's Jim White levels of optimism there. 

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Well we'll see what happens on Friday but that's Jim White levels of optimism there. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I stick by my assessment of the England team but on todays showing we'll get steamrolled.

After today, it’s not looking like it will be pretty for Scotland in the midfield at Wembley.  :sad: 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

After today, it’s not looking like it will be pretty for Scotland in the midfield at Wembley.  :sad: 

Considering we have some decent talent there other teams do seem to play through us quite easily...Unfortunately our back line are so poor that the midfield will inevitably be on top of them. I don't think we'll have much chance to get at their CBs unfortunately. Our best chance is that Southgate is too conservative and plays 2 DMs against Scotland!!!

Another better midfield was Deschamps, Zidane, Petit and Djorkaeff (one Viera couldn't get in) so that's at least 2.

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

I don't think we'll have much chance to get at their CBs unfortunately. Our best chance is that Southgate is too conservative and plays 2 DMs against Scotland!!!

This is the part of your post that stands out for me.  👍

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another better midfield was Deschamps, Zidane, Petit and Djorkaeff (one Viera couldn't get in) so that's at least 2.

No. 3

Michel Platini

Alain Giresse

Jean Tigana

Luis Fernandez

On 13/06/2021 at 16:27, Jamhammer said:

I like Declan Rice.

Still don’t want England to win anything but the longer they go on the better the inevitable Hibsing is

Wouldn’t argue with any of that 

On 13/06/2021 at 15:31, LeftBack said:

Never seen better. Folden mount Phillips are class

Pogba, Kante without any one else even

On now 

Hectormasson
On 13/06/2021 at 20:24, Morgan said:

Scottish journalists ,, Croatia aging team ??? By f...k  that means they have played a long time together and been reasonably successful,   they will be looking to beat Scotland, especially if Clark don't change things around a bit....

2 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Scottish journalists ,, Croatia aging team ??? By f...k  that means they have played a long time together and been reasonably successful,   they will be looking to beat Scotland, especially if Clark don't change things around a bit....

Exactly.  They are not as bad are were made out to be versus England.

In my opinion, they will beat Scotland.

On 13/06/2021 at 15:31, LeftBack said:

Never seen better. Folden mount Phillips are class

On 13/06/2021 at 15:35, milky_26 said:

probably more so as a team rather than individuals

Are they still the Class midfield they were on Sunday at 3.30 after 1 game together ? 😂 

Look their front 3 is terrifying if properly served but while that England team do have potential they are quite young and will get schooled by a more streetwise team. As much as it pains me to say it but McGinn would walk into the England team, Robertson and Tierney as well and their goalie is pish 

On 15/06/2021 at 20:19, Morgan said:

Exactly.  They are not as bad are were made out to be versus England.

In my opinion, they will beat Scotland.

I think we’ll find it hard but surely Clarke will have to set up similarly to last night rather than the way he did for the first game - then we’ve at least got a chance 👍 

I think England flattered themselves - or to be fair, their press and pundits did - after their first game. I thought I’d watched a different team as to me, given their supposed young superstars, they looked pretty average 

Funny how a fighting Championship centre forward harassing the defence could disrupt the whole midfield because Rice and Phillips were pushed back. 

But they still have potential. Need a rethink and probably a few changes. Drop Phillips and Sterling for Bellingham and Sancho is what I'd do. 

Edited by Mikey1874

4 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Are they still the Class midfield they were on Sunday at 3.30 after 1 game together ? 😂 

Ffs they are all class. End of. Of course they were terrible last night but I enjoy football and I enjoy watching talented players. Aye non of them could match Berry Mackay Black McCreery but who could.