Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

Are They better Than? 

Lampard 

Gerrard 

Scholes 

probably more so as a team rather than individuals

Just now, milky_26 said:

probably more so as a team rather than individuals

Within 79minutes of football as a CM partnership ok then 😂 wait till Friday when Henderson is back in the midfield and 1 is dropped.

4 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Never seen better. Folden mount Phillips are class

Foden and Mount definitely are good players, and will likely make up the focal point of the team for the next decade or so. 

We really need to develop a couple of players like that for Scotland.  One thing we definitely miss out on is that World Class style player 

kingantti1874

I think their midfield is extremely average

in Comparison to what they’ve had before  

Foden is great but isn’t really a midfield player.

5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Foden and Mount definitely are good players, and will likely make up the focal point of the team for the next decade or so. 

We really need to develop a couple of players like that for Scotland.  One thing we definitely miss out on is that World Class style player 

We have a young midfielder highly rated by European champions. Will Clarke have the bottle to utilise him in this tourney? 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Agree in principle but Billy Gilmour will be a top class player. 

a proper centre back and a proper forward and we’d be decent 

fabienleclerq

England have a great mix of players who have won World cups at younger levels arguably more dynamic than they've had that I can remember. 

Brighton Jambo
24 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Never seen better. Folden mount Phillips are class

No offence but I can think of at least 4/5 tournaments when England have started with a better midfield than that.  

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Ffs they've won one game against a shite Croatian side.

🤣

Champions elect for sure. Just give them the trophy now. 

And so it starts, It’s coming home being belted oot after one game and Alan Shearer doing a great impression of Zippy

The Treasurer

Awaiting the  "who will we beat in the final" comments from slavering arses like Linaker and Wright 

I like Declan Rice.

Still don’t want England to win anything but the longer they go on the better the inevitable Hibsing is

Maroonblood22

That’s an absolutely beatable midfield. Admittedly it looks positive for them for the future with how young the team is but Croatia were dugmeat today.

They come up against a seasoned international quality midfield and they’ll get taught a lesson IMO.

46 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

We have a young midfielder highly rated by European champions. Will Clarke have the bottle to utilise him in this tourney? 

45 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agree in principle but Billy Gilmour will be a top class player. 

a proper centre back and a proper forward and we’d be decent 

Very, very true. Would like to see him get a chance against the Czechs tomorrow! 

A couple more of him coming through would be excellent. 

I just hope our players don't overawed by the English media hype like 20 years ago. Get at them and rattle them.

CloustonHMFC

Foden is class, Mount is good and Phillips is ok. Overall I'm not that concerned about us facing up against them. We have plenty of players within our squad who have experience of facing them.

Tommy Brown

I've been saying that England are now capable of getting a trophy, their talent pool is very good.

Goalkeeper is still a problem as long as he sticks by Pickford, he does not look confident at all. His distribution is awful.

No international football minded really more a club man but needs must with nothing else on I’ll watch and try and get into it watched England the day and maybe just me but they to a man gives me the impression they’re a bunch o overhyped arrogant so & so’s and hope Scotland do take them down a peg or two individual club forums as per usual grading us as no more than championship level.

rudi must stay

Foden thinks he can do it all himself, football is all about space. He is a great talent though. That was a great win for them today I expect Croatia to get through. Those two, England and Croatia, have the most complete squads in the group. 

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I've been saying that England are now capable of getting a trophy, their talent pool is very good.

Goalkeeper is still a problem as long as he sticks by Pickford, he does not look confident at all. His distribution is awful.

Pickford is a keeper that suits England. Like Hearts in 05/06 they will dominate games and he'll be relied upon to make saves every now and then. He's good at that 

Didn't think they looked all that great today. Certainly not worth all this hype from certain advertisers proclaiming Fodden will "Gazza" Scotland and single handled destroy us.

Feel we've got enough in midfield to be able handle this lot. Neither teams have great defenses but upfront we lack way behind. 

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

I like Declan Rice.

Still don’t want England to win anything but the longer they go on the better the inevitable Hibsing is

It’s a shit draw for them. They’ll win the group and get one of France, Germany, Portugal. Still think another semi final would be an excellent result for them, given it’s a really young squad. 

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

🤣

This👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻

Big Slim Stylee

🤣

I’ll wait and see how we get on against a shite Croatian side if that’s ok. Not that I’m without hope, mind 😀

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

It’s a shit draw for them. They’ll win the group and get one of France, Germany, Portugal. Still think another semi final would be an excellent result for them, given it’s a really young squad. 

I have come to the terms like I did at the World Cup that they are a really good team. The real deal

Big Slim Stylee
Just now, rudi must stay said:

I have come to the terms like I did at the World Cup that they are a really good team. The real deal

Made my peace a while back😀

2 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I’ll wait and see how we get on against a shite Croatian side if that’s ok. Not that I’m without hope, mind 😀

Well tbf Croatia could relax today knowing they have Scotland to play 😃

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:

Champions elect for sure. Just give them the trophy now. 

Yup……they’ve started their “footballs coming home” shit…..can’t help themselves…..want them pumped at every opportunity now.

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

🤣

My thinking too.   Seen a lot better over the years. Let’s see how they fare against the Belgians, the Italians or Spanish

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

I just hope our players don't overawed by the English media hype like 20 years ago. Get at them and rattle them.

I will maintain until my dying day that we were the better team for most of the game in 1996. England scored early through Shearer and didn’t do much after that. Scotland were knocking on the door and when we won the penalty it was fully deserved. 1-1 and Scotland with their tails up and it’s a different game. Then McAllister misses, we have a single moment of individual brilliance from Gascoigne a minute or two later, and it’s game over.

Tommy Brown
2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I will maintain until my dying day that we were the better team for most of the game in 1996. England scored early through Shearer and didn’t do much after that. Scotland were knocking on the door and when we won the penalty it was fully deserved. 1-1 and Scotland with their tails up and it’s a different game. Then McAllister misses, we have a single moment of individual brilliance from Gascoigne a minute or two later, and it’s game over.

Without doubt.

Other than their gubbing of Holland, they were over hyped.

3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Are They better Than? 

Lampard 

Gerrard 

Scholes 

Didn't cover themselves in glory at international level.

Great club players though.

Edited by benny

6 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

That's exactly how I remember it. We were much the better team and that missed penalty completely swung the momentum back in their direction.  We deserved so much more than to get Eliminated in the group stages by a single goal on goal difference. 

6 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I meant the first leg of the 99 playoff when scholes scored twice, but I agree with you about 1996. Frustrating game.

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

My thinking too.   Seen a lot better over the years. Let’s see how they fare against the Belgians, the Italians or Spanish

or the Scots 🙂

Folden is top class. There are areas of his game that he could improve but he definitely has the ability to become a world class player.

Roxy Hearts

Well tbf Croatia could relax today knowing they have Scotland to play 😃

They are worried about us as they've never beaten us in 5 attempts with far superior Croatian teams than that garbage today. England were poor but the better team.

Okay. 

So just with 6 seconds consideration 

Platini, Girrese, Six, Tigana

Happy to spend more time on it if we get a proper debate on it. 

If Real Madrid want to give Leeds £200 million for Kalvin Phillips that would be another discussion if we can have a Leeds thread. 

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Mount is very, very good.

Foden will be the midfielder of the tournament.

I’ve maintained for a while that in years to come Mount will be looked back on as a more effective player with a good career.