Christian Eriksen - in stable condition (title updated)

Jeff

Don't agree with the decision to complete the game today but wouldn't make an issue of it unless it was imposed on the players of both sides.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Christian Eriksen - in stable condition (title updated)
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• best in the land

• Footballfirst

• Pasquale for King

• iantjambo

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Kudos to the players for wanting to play but UEFA should have overruled. 

They should be receiving counseling not playing football tonight.

21 minutes ago, Jeff said:

He didn't vote Tory or read the daily mail.

Jack is a c u next Tuesday but I'm sure you worked that in out

If it was any other poster, I would give him the benefit of the doubt but this guy is a cretin

11 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

I don't think any of us have to right to make this sort of comment or critique of their decision.

39 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Whoever was in charge of keeping camera's running should be named and sacked. 

Disgrace and inhuman 😡

Don't think the bbc had any control on the images shown

best in the land
1 minute ago, Hairdryer said:

But they could have cut to studio, no excuses 

Nucky Thompson
20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I disagree. The player agreed to be filmed playing football. It’s hard to think of a more personal or private moment than your own death. Not something I’d want to share with the world. Showing him getting chest compressions despite his team mates efforts to protect him was disgusting. 

Fair enough, but I remember watching 9/11 unfold live on tv and nobody batted an eyelid.

People weren't forced to stay tuned 

Just now, best in the land said:

Fair enough I never actually watched the match

best in the land
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Fair enough, but I remember watching 9/11 unfold live on tv and nobody batted an eyelid.

Nobody batted an eyelid? Really? 

2 wrongs don't make a right. 

Both were a disgrace imo

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

5 Live reporting that Eriksen has spoken to the Danish players from his hospital bed.

Pleased to hear 

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Fair point. Can’t argue much with it. Felt there was something very disrespectful about the coverage tonight though. 

been here before
7 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Or you could have changed channel.

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Indeed.

Hopefully someone is organising it for tomorrow. 
No surprise UEFA would do the wrong thing. 

best in the land
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Or you could have changed channel.

And you know i didn't? 

Point and opinion stands, shouldn't have been broadcast 

been here before
1 minute ago, best in the land said:

And you know i didn't? 

Point and opinion stands, shouldn't have been broadcast 

So you're going off about something you didnt see.

Righto.

ScottieMac17

The argument of "you didn't need to watch the broadcast when it happened" stands, however out of respect to Erikson and his wife the broadcast should have been cut. 

And I'm terms of 911 you'd think that broadcasters would have learnt some respect in the last 20 years.

best in the land
Just now, been here before said:

Righto.

Seen enough before turning over. Righto? 

People like you thinking its ok to show this and tv companies have zero responsibility makes you as bad as them. 

Righto? 

been here before
4 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Seen enough before turning over. Righto? 

People like you thinking its ok to show this and tv companies have zero responsibility makes you as bad as them. 

Righto? 

I dont think its ok but you're sitting to choose and watch it. It was clear the minute he went down there was something worryingly wrong.  Why keep watching after that if its going to upset you?

You have to take responsibilty for your own actions. Cant blame others for you not turning over when something is clearly wrong.

Edited by been here before

best in the land
5 minutes ago, been here before said:

I dont think its ok but you're sitting to choose and watch it. It was clear the minute he went down there was something worryingly wrong.  Why keep watching after that if its going to upset you?

As i said i didn't 

Not interested in arguing with people like you who will look to argue in any situation. Cu next Tuesday and on ignore 

Edited by best in the land

Leveins Battalion

Guys if ever there was a thread to no be a dick on,or turn into the usual JKB argumentative nonsense it's this one.

Right now I dont care if your a Jambo or a Hibee on here,just wish Christian and his family well,anything else is not required.👍

43 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Don't agree with the decision to complete the game today but wouldn't make an issue of it unless it was imposed on the players of both sides.

Agree. I'd Normally say Finland were favs from here but their players were in bits. Horrid situation

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Guys if ever there was a thread to no be a dick on,or turn into the usual JKB argumentative nonsense it's this one.

Right now I dont care if your a Jambo or a Hibee on here,just wish Christian and his family well,anything else is not required.👍

This. 

ScottieMac17
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This! ☝️

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Well said. 

IveSeenTheLight
8 minutes ago, been here before said:

Why keep watching after that if its going to upset you?

I kept watching but really in hope to see signs that they managed yo get him recovered. It’s a stark reminder that life is short and I’m so glad he is stable and can start the rehabilitation to make a full recovery of health.

my thoughts are also with his family who would have had such a torrid time this evening.

get well soon Christian.

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

57 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Wtf are you triggerd about? Thank God it happened with medics and defibriliator on hand was my only point. 

"triggered" :rofl:

Mainly because you always try your damned hardest to be controversial, and left a comment about a serious incident that needed to be questioned. No sympathy, no nothing, just nonsense. 

38 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I don't think any of us have to right to make this sort of comment or critique of their decision.

Of UEFA's decision, I believe we do.

Nucky Thompson
37 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Nobody batted an eyelid? Really? 

Not about the live tv coverage, that I remember.

Anyway, it looks like everything has thankfully turned out OK. 

Some people would have been reassured that he was fine by watching the live images

So this is the first time I have been on this thread and any doubts about the amount of halfwits on here have been removed.....dear lord...

You ken who you are!!!!

🤪🤮🤯

When things like this happen all the football rivalry goes out of the window.

Im so glad he’s come round. Cracking player but, again that’s really immaterial.

Still young and fit. Seems like it might encourage a lot of folk to learn CPR. Could save lives

best in the land
24 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Not about the live tv coverage, that I remember.

Anyway, it looks like everything has thankfully turned out OK. 

Some people would have been reassured that he was fine by watching the live images

Thankfully yes he is ok really relieved about that. 

But he might easily have died with kids sitting watching. 

Irresponsible by tv imo

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Why? If the players want to play, then let them play.

Nucky Thompson
Just now, John Findlay said:

Some people need wrapped up in cotton wool. The same people need government guidance to get them through the day

Rogue Daddy
59 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

👏 Absolutely this. 100% 👍

Without wanting to sound insensitive, part of me is glad to an extent that the footage was shown (obviously not to the distress of Eriksen family and friends). It takes away the fantasy beliefs around CPR as shown on TV dramas, and highlighted the raw and upsetting reality that has to be under taken to attempt to save a life in that manner. Fingers crossed it sparks a surge in up take of people wanting to learn a valuable and practical life saving skill. 

Edited by Fraggle

59 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I kept watching but really in hope to see signs that they managed yo get him recovered. It’s a stark reminder that life is short and I’m so glad he is stable and can start the rehabilitation to make a full recovery of health.

my thoughts are also with his family who would have had such a torrid time this evening.

get well soon Christian.

Indeed - one man's ghoul is another's concerned bystander... The only way to tell the difference is whether the phone comes out.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Righto.

Just in from the pub, really bbc should have cut away from that a lot sooner, kept showing him getting resuscitated, wish I could have changed channels, thank god he's ok👍

1 hour ago, Hairdryer said:

Yeah they did in respect of thwy could have cut back to the studio like they do at HT etc or when there is a streaker

WoolfordsHearts

You have to take responsibilty for your own actions. Cant blame others for you not turning over when something is clearly wrong.

You're a strange one.

15 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Without wanting to sound insensitive, part of me is glad to an extent that the footage was shown (obviously not to the distress of Eriksen family and friends). It takes away the fantasy beliefs around CPR as shown on TV dramas, and highlighted the raw and upsetting reality that has to be under taken to attempt to save a life in that manner. Fingers crossed it sparks a surge in up take of people wanting to learn a valuable and practical life saving skill. 

That is a nice way to spin it. I hope it does too. Should be mandatory in more than 1 or 2 in workplaces. Ideal world taught in schools etc. We used to offer it to our staff free of charge and they still couldn’t be arsed to do it. 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

❤️🇩🇰❤️

Shock would have kept a lot of people watching. That would move to having it on to hear anything positive

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

It’s a fair point, hopefully it will see more folk learn CPR and how to use a defibrillator. 

BRING_BACK_MO_BERTHA

UEFA and the BBC should be absolutely ashamed of what they broadcast during the collapse, each of them are quick to cut away from pitch invaders or cancelling out offensive crowd noise and apologising immediately for some swear words… saying people could have “changed channel” is no argument, people shouldn’t have been given the option to watch those pictures….

Have said above, main thing is he seems to be fine and credit to players and officials saying they would return.

42 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I disagree. I believe UEFA have a duty of care to the players who had just witnessed an incredibly traumatic event and weren't fit to play (IMHO). Similar to head knocks, sometimes decisions need to be made which overrule the wants of the players.

Again, it's my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

I disagree. I believe UEFA have a duty of care to the players who had just witnessed an incredibly traumatic event and weren't fit to play (IMHO). Similar to head knocks, sometimes decisions need to be made which overrule the wants of the players.

Again, it's my opinion.

This. All about duty of care and good analogy that players with head knocks are not the right person to judge whether for to carry on. They will still be in shock. They didn’t look right when play resumed