Christian Eriksen - in stable condition (title updated)

Jeff

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• best in the land

• Footballfirst

• Pasquale for King

• iantjambo

Unknown user
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

What’s happened?

He just collapsed, medics worked on him behind a screen. A bit vague after that but the Danish players were in tears

Just now, Jeff said:

Looks like a heart attack. Game postponed

Ah no way man. 

hope he recovers. 😳

That was really difficult to watch. When the players moved and you saw chest compressions through the gap my heart sank. Honestly first thought was maybe just a faint because of the heat.

Really hoping for good news now.

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I’m genuinely upset here. One of my favourites for a long time as a player and a person.  

Fantastic player. The kind of player fans love to watch. 

TyphoonJambo

Brings everything into perspective.  Hope he's OK. 

2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

That was really difficult to watch. When the players moved and you saw chest compressions through the gap my heart sank. Honestly first thought was maybe just a faint because of the heat.

Really hoping for good news now.

Honestly, that’s what I thought as well. Just heatstroke or something. Then I saw them doing CPR 😔 

AC Mallin_51

Was absolutely horrendous to see. The guys poor wife on the sidelines too 😢 an absolutely exceptional player and professional, one of they players you just can’t dislike. Praying he pulls through 🇩🇰❤️

Captain Lithuania

So difficult to witness that. Can only imagine how both sets of players, management and their families feel. Not to mention all the fans as well. 

Hope we get some good news. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m genuinely upset here. One of my favourites for a long time as a player and a person.  

I am genuinely upset, this is meant to be a release from the rubbish of the day and that is horrific- proves no matter how fit you are you never no 😒😒

copa-mundial

That was harrowing to watch. Why on earth did the cameras keep rolling. 

Should have cut right back to the studio. 

Thoughts and prayers are with CE right now. 

I'm still shaking. Horrible!

Central Belt 1874
Just now, copa-mundial said:

That was harrowing to watch. Why on earth did the cameras keep rolling. 

Should have cut right back to the studio. 

Thoughts and prayers are with CE right now. 

I'm still shaking. Horrible!

Agreed. Had to walk away from the tv. Hope he pulls through. 

Ainsley Harriott
10 minutes ago, indianajones said:

That was truly horrific viewing. Why did they keep filming that? We seen him get shocked by the defib ffs. 

Exactly putting a camera on his distraught wife was unreal 

Do The Dance
7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Really hoping this is real 

AE6D0813-7A22-4B6A-8130-DCECFE120696.jpeg

Surely real. I don't think they'd move him that quickly unless he'd been revived.

Awful stuff I hope he’s okay.

I’m not being insensitive here but I took  Eriksen as top scorer and the bet has just reappeared again for cashout, I’m not sure if that means he’s okay. When his wife came on we switched off, we’d not long found out that he’d collapsed, I’d told my wife someone must have had a compound fracture or something.....Tragic.

Edited by smiler

AC Mallin_51
7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Really hoping this is real 

AE6D0813-7A22-4B6A-8130-DCECFE120696.jpeg

Thank god, if that’s fake then whoever made it is the worst kind of human 

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Thank god, if that’s fake then whoever made it is the worst kind of human 

Absolutely. 

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Exactly putting a camera on his distraught wife was unreal 

That was absolutely shocking. What kind of television director does that !!! Bad enough they continued to show the poor man in serious danger of dying.

A stark reminder of the miracle of the body but the fragility of life.

jack D and coke

One of the worst things I’ve seen in my life. Was watching that in disbelief. 
He’s apparently responding after being revived. I knew straight away it was bad when I seen his eyes after he collapsed. 
Fingers crossed he’s ok. 

Footballfirst
12 minutes ago, indianajones said:

That was truly horrific viewing. Why did they keep filming that? We seen him get shocked by the defib ffs. 

It shows why there is a need for defibrillators to be generally accessible in public places.

I lost a good friend who collapsed in my local pub.  Had there been a defibrillator available to those who were with him, then he might have been saved.  Needless to say the pub now has one and there is another on the wall outside.

Obviously it’s the least of his worries for the moment but I wonder what this will mean for his playing career. Fabrice Muamba never played again after he collapsed in 2012.

3 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Thank god, if that’s fake then whoever made it is the worst kind of human.

The really sad thing is, it would not shock me if someone had 😔

Wish they would tell us what the word suspended means.  Even the TV commentators are confused and frustrated.

The match should be abandoned in everyone's interests.  

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

He’s apparently responding after being revived. I knew straight away it was bad when I seen his eyes after he collapsed. 
Fingers crossed he’s ok. 

Yeah you could see he was actually dead in that moment, I almost immediately felt quite ill when I saw it.

I am so glad it looks like they got him back and hope he can recover from this.

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Obviously it’s the least of his worries for the moment but I wonder what this will mean for his playing career. Fabrice Muamba never played again after he collapsed in 2012.

Muamba is a miracle story on a number of levels. His heart stopped for a well over an hour, and by sheer chance one of the top heart surgeons in London is a Spurs ST holder and very quickly made his way onto the pitch.

Edited by Tazio

Thank goodness he’s alive at least. As others have said, puts everything in perspective. TV companies a disgrace btw. No way should they have shown him getting chest compressions or his wife being comforted by players. 

Batistuta87
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Fingers crossed he’s ok. 

Yeah, he was dead. Absolutely no question. Massive, massive respect to the medical teams who have brought him back. Absolutely amazing.

I hope he pulls through. He'll still have a fight ahead of him.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Thank goodness he’s alive at least. As others have said, puts everything in perspective. TV companies a disgrace btw. No way should they have shown him getting chest compressions or his wife being comforted by players. 

Should’ve cut to the studio as soon as they realised on the severity of the situation. Disgraceful.

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Muamba is a miracle story on a number of levels. His heart stopped for a well over an hour, and by sheer chance one of the top heart surgeons in London is a Spurs ST holder and very quickly made his way onto the pitch.

Muamba was effectively dead for 78 minutes. Someone was looking down on him that day.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Christian Eriksen - in stable condition (title updated)