James Anderson

Section Q

8 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It is about a lot more than money, there’s knowledge and expertise you get from a person like that who’s operated at that level, on your board. The goal of the board is to grow the club financially so he puts us closer to getting that growth. He’s not just chucked money in, most of his money has gone towards the things that will help to grow the long term revenues of the club IE the stadium, the marketing, the branding - and more recently we hear about all the IT side of things as well getting an upgrade with the new sponsor Dell. 

I know folk have said it jokingly here but it really wouldn’t be unreasonable to name it the James Anderson Stand because it wouldn’t have been possible without him. We would’ve had drastically less money to spend, the old stand would’ve either had to get a refit / gaffer tape job for £2-3m with no growth in capacity, probably if anything a reduction in capacity. Or if it had to get demolished, we might have seen something much more modest than we’ve ended up delivering, probably would’ve just been a copy of the wheatfield stand, with a lounge in somewhere, without all the extra square footage and facilities we’ve got, maybe even smaller than the wheatfield because we’d have needed to keep that crap old white office block facility that used to be there behind the old stand. Folk who have pops at the new stand would always be wise to remember that it could have been a lot lot worse and what we’ve got, pretty much thanks to Mr Anderson, is really an outstanding effort in Scottish football terms. Very tough for Scottish clubs to deliver anything like what we’ve got. 

So a big thank you to a top man James Anderson and to Ann Budge for what’s been done off the pitch, the plaudits are well deserved. Unfortunately in the supporters mind tho, who cares if the teams crap? So that has got to be fixed this season with a vengeance. The managers feet must be held to the fire, you must deliver excellence Robbie to match up with what’s been put in by the fans including Mr Anderson who is one of us, and if you don’t, you must be emptied for someone who will deliver excellence. I hope that message gets through 

This puts everything into prospective and yet the football team is in the control of the wrong manager as far as the support is concerned. For all the great things that have been put together off the pitch by Ann Budge, James Anderson & others plus FOH and our loyal support and yet there remains a festering sore between the party’s and that being the management of our team from the top to the bottom. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• frankblack

• Thomaso

• JamboAl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

maroonsgotop
46 minutes ago, frankblack said:

He didn't save us from getting emptied from Tynecastle - all he did was postpone it.

Did you enjoy us not paying our players leading to relegation after a points deduction?  Then we should consider getting emptied by nine-man Inverness in the league cup?

Don't you see that he would have killed our club but for Budge?

crikey must have missed have missed us getting kicked out of Tynie. where are we playing now.

think I'll trade the two cup wins for the points deduction and losing to 9 man ICT.

club was almost dead before he came in so I guess you could be right in that he postponed that aspect albeit with two cups in his back pocket.

For what it's worth I would also have taken the 2020 cup win over promotion. I guess it just depends what you prefer.

Maybe he was motivated by the efforts of thousands of fans to save their club......simple.....!

Wish I knew specifics of what he has in mind.  He clearly won't be attending board meetings for the chocolate biscuits.

It could be lucrative sponsorships.  Baillie Gifford perhaps.  It might be more infrasture related like finding or providing the finance to get the stand completed.  That would open up the prospect of large event business coinciding with the elimination of the virus which would generate significant income.

It's certainly going to be interesting over the next year to see what impact he makes.

I am certain having regard to his background that he will make an entrepreneurial type of impact.

5 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

crikey must have missed have missed us getting kicked out of Tynie. where are we playing now.

You have Budge and FOH to thank for us being saved from liquidation.

Your levels of denial and delusion seem unparalleled.

think I'll trade the two cup wins for the points deduction and losing to 9 man ICT.

:cornette_dog:

So you are basically saying that the survival of the club is irrelevant?

club was almost dead before he came in so I guess you could be right in that he postponed that aspect albeit with two cups in his back pocket.

All he did was load more debt onto the club but used his companies to underwrite it.  When he destroyed them we were left holding the parcel after the music stopped.

For what it's worth I would also have taken the 2020 cup win over promotion. I guess it just depends what you prefer.

That might have financially set us back years given the impact of the pandemic.

James Anderson is an unbelievable appointment! He is the one man who has the finance and knowledge to help us build a strong Club from the foundations up. This could be quite a ride from now. 
The fact that Ann Budge has managed get him involved is unbelievable, he wasn’t a Hearts man but AB has managed to turn him into one and invest millions in us and this is just the beginning. I cannot understand the abuse she gets. She saved our club when no one else would, she built us anew stand when we were told we needed to sell Tynie and now she has us one of the most financially stable clubs in the country with James Anderson on the board!!! Yes there’s been mistakes but my god she has made us a far better club. On the field has been woeful no doubt but AB cannot take all the blame for that but her positives far outweigh her negatives. 

2 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

James Anderson is an unbelievable appointment! He is the one man who has the finance and knowledge to help us build a strong Club from the foundations up. This could be quite a ride from now. 
The fact that Ann Budge has managed get him involved is unbelievable, he wasn’t a Hearts man but AB has managed to turn him into one and invest millions in us and this is just the beginning. I cannot understand the abuse she gets. She saved our club when no one else would, she built us anew stand when we were told we needed to sell Tynie and now she has us one of the most financially stable clubs in the country with James Anderson on the board!!! Yes there’s been mistakes but my god she has made us a far better club. On the field has been woeful no doubt but AB cannot take all the blame for that but her positives far outweigh her negatives. 

Few will disagree with that.

5 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

great post, and likely a huge percentage of the support will agree.

it’s just the few same posters who bang on with their own agenda. 
Fact is without Ann Budge goodness knows what club we would have (if any). And to get James Anderson on board is incredible.  
Putting blind trust in Levein was terrible but the bigger picture and going forward gives me some hope

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

great post, and likely a huge percentage of the support will agree.

it’s just the few same posters who bang on with their own agenda. 
Fact is without Ann Budge goodness knows what club we would have (if any). And to get James Anderson on board is incredible.  
Putting blind trust in Levein was terrible but the bigger picture and going forward gives me some hope

A few years down the line, should things continue in this disappointing on-field fashion, then these same people will be asking questions like, 'what's the point in James Anderson?', as though he owes us success just because we allowed him to plough money into the club.

The Treasurer
11 hours ago, frankblack said:

All he did was load more debt onto the club but used his companies to underwrite it.  When he destroyed them we were left holding the parcel after the music stopped.

I'm someone will correct me, but was our level of debt not much the same after Romanov as it was when he came in

maroonsgotop
15 hours ago, frankblack said:

strange though isn't it. He won us two cups in 6 years which is a good bit better than the two cups in 115 years it would have been without his time at the club. When you see how infrequently we win things I would have taken the cup win win in 2020 over a few seasons of mediocrity.

Also his 'debt' I think was similar to where the pieman had us. Had the world wide financial collapse not taken place it would have been interesting to see where we would have ended up. 

24 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

strange though isn't it. He won us two cups in 6 years which is a good bit better than the two cups in 115 years it would have been without his time at the club. When you see how infrequently we win things I would have taken the cup win win in 2020 over a few seasons of mediocrity.

Also his 'debt' I think was similar to where the pieman had us. Had the world wide financial collapse not taken place it would have been interesting to see where we would have ended up. 

Oh dear. :rolleyes:

Your delusion and sense of entitlement resembles the glory-hunting Old Firm fans I used to work with.

Complete nonsense regarding the finances.  Why didn't Romanov make the club solvent, and left us in administration facing liquidation?

14 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

Well summed up. Off the park the involvement of Ann Budge has been fantastic and financially we are in as strong a position as we have ever been.

Saying that Ann’s input into the football side of things as been nothing short of disastrous and she now needs to step back from any football involvement.

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Oh dear. :rolleyes:

Your delusion and sense of entitlement resembles the glory-hunting Old Firm fans I used to work with.

Complete nonsense regarding the finances.  Why didn't Romanov make the club solvent, and left us in administration facing liquidation?

suppose that's better than being prepared to put up with a lifetime of mediocrity. Without Romanov we would have won one cup in 59 years sine the League Cup win in 1962. With him we've won 3 cups in 59 years (two in six years under him). Hardly resembles glory hunting or indeed being deluded. Had Romanov not stepped in, Tynecastle would now be flats or a Supermarket and we would have been scunnered. Who was a better alternative than him at the time.

40 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Well summed up. Off the park the involvement of Ann Budge has been fantastic and financially we are in as strong a position as we have ever been.

Saying that Ann’s input into the football side of things as been nothing short of disastrous and she now needs to step back from any football involvement.

It's possible that there would have been no football side if not for her

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

suppose that's better than being prepared to put up with a lifetime of mediocrity. Without Romanov we would have won one cup in 59 years sine the League Cup win in 1962. With him we've won 3 cups in 59 years (two in six years under him). Hardly resembles glory hunting or indeed being deluded. Had Romanov not stepped in, Tynecastle would now be flats or a Supermarket and we would have been scunnered. Who was a better alternative than him at the time.

Bill Gates?

Seriously though, there was no alternative at the time. 

10 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952494d790aa57abf843e

Time for you to step away from the computer.

I'm sure the future fans would thank you for not caring if our club dies because we won two cups with money we couldn't afford.

FYI - Romanov was only involved in two of the three cup wins.

Who knows what would have happened if Romanov hadn't come in.  However we know he put us into Administration and that is the key fact.

maroonsgotop
Just now, frankblack said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952494d790aa57abf843e

Time for you to step away from the computer.

I'm sure the future fans would thank you for not caring if our club dies because we won two cups with money we couldn't afford.

FYI - Romanov was only involved in two of the three cup wins.

Who knows what would have happened if Romanov hadn't come in.  However we know he put us into Administration and that is the key fact.

You've not answered my question. Who was/is your alternative to Romanov at the time. Also seems you are ignoring the point that we would no longer be at Tynecastle and to all intents homeless if it wasn't for Romanov. If he hadn't stepped I wonder what would have happened to Hearts back then. Maybe even worse than what happened after he left. 

2 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

You've not answered my question. Who was/is your alternative to Romanov at the time. Also seems you are ignoring the point that we would no longer be at Tynecastle and to all intents homeless if it wasn't for Romanov. If he hadn't stepped I wonder what would have happened to Hearts back then. Maybe even worse than what happened after he left. 

Stop trying to deflect from answering your nonsense.

The answer is we wouldn't necessarily have faced liquidation as quickly as Romanov managed.

Romanov did nothing to save Hearts and severely damaged us.

19 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Let's be honest the next time we win more trophy's than the Romanov era we'll all be over the moon

Yes, but we can't go down the loony tunes route that will kill the club.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

It's possible that there would have been no football side if not for her

Yes that may well be true and we should all be very thankful to Ann Budge for stepping in and getting us in a solid financial position - that does not change the fact that her involvement in the football side of the business has  been nothing short of shambolic.

48 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The answer is we wouldn't necessarily have faced liquidation as quickly as Romanov managed.

No Mercer - No Pieman

No Pieman - No Romanov

No Romanov - No Budge

No Budge - No Hearts

Edited by Thomaso

16 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

No Mercer - No Pieman

No Pieman - No Romanov

No Romanov - No Budge

No Budge - No Hearts

What's your point in relation to my post you quoted?

Edited by frankblack

27 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yes that may well be true and we should all be very thankful to Ann Budge for stepping in and getting us in a solid financial position - that does not change the fact that her involvement in the football side of the business has  been nothing short of shambolic.

Are you saying it would have been better to have no football club than "a shambolic one"?

Peakybunnet
16 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

A few years down the line, should things continue in this disappointing on-field fashion, then these same people will be asking questions like, 'what's the point in James Anderson?', as though he owes us success just because we allowed him to plough money into the club.

Glass half empty post. 

On 12/06/2021 at 22:43, frankblack said:

He didn't save us from getting emptied from Tynecastle - all he did was postpone it.

Did you enjoy us not paying our players leading to relegation after a points deduction?  Then we should consider getting emptied by nine-man Inverness in the league cup?

Don't you see that he would have killed our club but for Budge?

It’s like being in a train crash and saying that up until then it was a great journey.

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Are you saying it would have been better to have no football club than "a shambolic one"?

Aye that’s right Al, I’d rather there was no Hearts! 😏

Now toddle off and annoy someone else.

9 hours ago, frankblack said:

What's your point in relation to my post you quoted?

My point is that Romanov played a part in the journey that led us to where we are now.

Just now, JimmyCant said:

It’s like being in a train crash and saying that up until then it was a great journey.

Not what I was getting at, and I'm in no way absolving Robinson.

Just pointing out that Romanov did absolutely nothing in terms of investing in the club itself, and stabalising it, and arguably made us worse because we couldn't pay our players and were insolvent with our season ticket money gone before a ball was kicked at the end.

Sure short term success is nice but not if it kills the club.

Just now, Thomaso said:

My point is that Romanov played a part in the journey that led us to where we are now.

Of course he played a part, but we were all wondering what his exit strategy was.  Unfortunately for us it was the worst case scenario.

Just now, frankblack said:

Of course he played a part, but we were all wondering what his exit strategy was.  Unfortunately for us it was the worst case scenario.

Indeed

On 13/06/2021 at 07:32, Mdoug79 said:

Good Post 👍

People forget to balance the positive impact our new stand will provide to the club when complaining about millions wasted. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
29 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Glass half empty post. 

Pointless post.

10 hours ago, frankblack said:

Not strictly true. At the very least he saved us from Murrayfield and extinction that would have followed thereafter.

Man with giant ego ploughs unsustainable amounts of money into vanity project, runs out of money leaving inescapable debt and the club in the precarious position he found it in, if not worse. Personally I love and hate him in equal measure. So many if only moments about that era. Luckily someone came along and salvaged what was left from the ashes. We’re still waiting for the football side to recover but at least we’ve got a club and one that still has potential to be a whole lot better than it is now.

Werent we in over £20-24 million debt and we were selling Tynecastle for only £15 million. We'd have been riddled with debt at Murrayfield. I sincerely doubt we'd have been to be able to pay that off and on top of being at an awful stadium for football and no money to buy players it didnt really look good for the clubs future.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Not strictly true. At the very least he saved us from Murrayfield and extinction that would have followed thereafter.

Man with giant ego ploughs unsustainable amounts of money into vanity project, runs out of money leaving inescapable debt and the club in the precarious position he found it in, if not worse. Personally I love and hate him in equal measure. So many if only moments about that era. Luckily someone came along and salvaged what was left from the ashes. We’re still waiting for the football side to recover but at least we’ve got a club and one that still has potential to be a whole lot better than it is now.

Waiting for the football side to recover is not down to Romanov - that lies at the door of Levein.

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Aye that’s right Al, I’d rather there was no Hearts! 😏

Now toddle off and annoy someone else.

That's clarified that then.  Much as I thought.

17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's clarified that then.  Much as I thought.

😴😴😴😴

heartgarfunkel

Shed - great bowler in his pomp but in twilight of his career and not a Hearts man as far as I’m aware…

colinmaroon
On 14/06/2021 at 09:22, frankblack said:

2008 had a lot to do with his financial demise.

Mad as a bag of frogs but even Kickback was better in these days.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
16 hours ago, heartgarfunkel said:

Shed - great bowler in his pomp but in twilight of his career and not a Hearts man as far as I’m aware…

Burnley lad and supporter of his local club who wouldn't be happy with anyone suggesting he's 'in twilight of his career' as he's still finding the edge 🏏on a regular basis.

Big Slim Stylee
On 13/06/2021 at 20:32, maroonsgotop said:

We would have ended up in the same place. ****ed. He was so ridiculously leveraged it was a desperate house of cards that was always on the brink of collapse.

On 13/06/2021 at 07:32, Mdoug79 said:

I don't know where this comes from. I have been told by others who know him personally, and not through his involvement with Hearts, that he was a Hearts fan well before Budge came on the scene. He may not have been a regular attendee, but he has for many, many years when talking football viewed the world through maroon tinted glasses.  I may be wrong, but if my memory serves me right I was also told that he supported Hearts in Vienna when we won 1-0 back in the late 1980's. 

To give Budge credit for turning him into a Hearts supporter doesn't hold water, but I would certainly give her credit for encouraging him to take a greater interest. 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I don't know where this comes from. I have been told by others who know him personally, and not through his involvement with Hearts, that he was a Hearts fan well before Budge came on the scene. He may not have been a regular attendee, but he has for many, many years when talking football viewed the world through maroon tinted glasses.  I may be wrong, but if my memory serves me right I was also told that he supported Hearts in Vienna when we won 1-0 back in the late 1980's. 

To give Budge credit for turning him into a Hearts supporter doesn't hold water, but I would certainly give her credit for encouraging him to take a greater interest. 

He's been with Baillie Gifford since the 80s right enough, it's distinctly possible he's had a fondness since then.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 14/06/2021 at 02:00, Pap said:

Werent we in over £20-24 million debt and we were selling Tynecastle for only £15 million. We'd have been riddled with debt at Murrayfield. I sincerely doubt we'd have been to be able to pay that off and on top of being at an awful stadium for football and no money to buy players it didnt really look good for the clubs future.

Murrayfield would have been a disaster. Every home game would have felt like there's a pandemic on and attendance is restricted. 

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Murrayfield would have been a disaster. Every home game would have felt like there's a pandemic on and attendance is restricted. 

Absolutely. Yesterday at Hampden was just like a Hearts game at Murrayfield in terms of percentage of capacity filled. Atmosphere yesterday was just as poor as it was at Murrayfield. 

2 hours ago, henryheart said:

If I am indeed incorrect then I apologise as I was sure I remember him being interviewed on tv and stating he wasn’t a fan of any particular club but detested the religious bile involved in our game. I may be completely wrong with that though and stand corrected.

I still feel AB is harshly treated and should be given credit for getting him involved and turning our club into one of the most financialy stable in the country.