James Anderson

Section Q

I think we can credit him with the new stand getting (nearly),finished. Twelve million donated to the club over the last four years couldn't have come at a more crucial time.

""The Edinburgh club received £11.75million in donations from benefactors since 2017 and Anderson has been the largest overall contributor. Now in his early 60s, he is due to retire as an investment manager at Baillie Gifford in April next year, which may allow him more time to devote to Hearts.""

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-most-important-summer-signing-may-already-be-in-place-at-tynecastle-3269950

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• frankblack

• Thomaso

• JamboAl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I was a bright eye'd and blushy tailed kid, I always thought I was going to be the guy who was filthy rich and pumping money in Hearts.

So thanks James, you stole my dream.

Very pleased to have this guy involved. Unlike the Romanovs or Robinsons, he seems genuinely interested in the big picture and is doing this entirely from a good place. 

Its really refreshing to see, even just having his time is invaluable. 

Hopefully we'll see the club really begin to kick on off the field. Budge has done really well to get things ticking there and perhaps we might see the club making even better use of its resources. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
6 minutes ago, Phage said:

When I was a bright eye'd and blushy tailed kid, I always thought I was going to be the guy who was filthy rich and pumping money in Hearts.

So thanks James, you stole my dream.

You'll just have to find some other way of spending your Euromillions jackpot.

Let me give you my email address...

And I know this will piss some people off - no prize for guessing who’d be no1 - but AB has played a huge part in this. She has used her contacts to hearts benefit - keep them coming!!!

john thomas
2 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

And I know this will piss some people off - no prize for guessing who’d be no1 - but AB has played a huge part in this. She has used her contacts to hearts benefit - keep them coming!!!

It certainly will . You'd like to think these people could actually see how incredibly anti Hearts their attitude is .

Of course they won't

Savage Vince
23 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Careful, you're getting awfully close to posting facts that some people just can't bring themselves to acknowledge. 

7 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Careful, you're getting awfully close to posting facts that some people just can't bring themselves to acknowledge. 

Used her contacts to get a lifelong loaded Jambo to put money into the club for no return yet she wants all her cash back?

A gentleman.

He did not get anywhere near the credit he deserves donating all the money to the other clubs for covid testing.

We are lucky to have him involved.

jack D and coke

We’re incredibly lucky to have this guy anywhere near us. 
It’s typical of us to get some real investment and end up ****ing relegated tho :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Used her contacts to get a lifelong loaded Jambo to put money into the club for no return yet she wants all her cash back?

Has she not been working without a salary?

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

She appointed herself. 

They who pay the piper call the tune.

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

They who pay the piper call the tune.

Yet Anderson has put a lot more money into the club.  He’s the real hero for me. 

15 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

She appointed herself. 

😄 Right but that wasn't the point I was making, as you well know.

If we start getting it right on the pitch then everything else just melts away.

I'm desperate to see Hearts function to our capacity or near to it. Hasn't been the case for a number of years now but looking forward is really the only option.

It's all there waiting for us to grab it.

C'mon the JT's.

:flagwave:

1 minute ago, sassenach said:

A lot of posters on here have said that Hearts are now too "nice" under Mrs Budge's stewardship.

I don't know anything about James Anderson, but does anyone else think that he wouldn't be so involved with Hearts if we weren't "nice".

He's a lifelong supporter.  Why not? 

Thank you Mr James Anderson.

Now we just need to get the fans back into the stands to get the place rocking again 🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻.

Can I ask, apart from being outrageously generous over the years to us, what is it he can do for us? I know that he’s an absolute genius in the investment world and will be fantastically well connected in the upper echelons, so what is it that we as club can get out of him apart from his amazing monetary input. You’ll realise I have zero business nous.

lost in space
56 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Yes, she believes in only paying what a person is worth!

Only joking. She has made big mistakes but always tries to do the right thing.

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9522b05de2aa25a71da6b

I can taste those tears.

It must hurt you to be so bitter, never giving credit where it is due and always putting the boot into the club.

The cretins on Hibs.net are less obsessed than you are.

Savage Vince

You lot are tiresome. 

She appointed herself. 

Disgrace. She's never put a penny in the club. 

You're a joke. 

August Landmesser
10 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

James Anderson Stand. 

Will attract England cricket fans...

5 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Disgrace. She's never put a penny in the club. 

You're a joke. 

Not as much as Anderson, by a long way, she hasn't, no. 

16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9522b05de2aa25a71da6b

I can taste those tears.

It must hurt you to be so bitter, never giving credit where it is due and always putting the boot into the club.

The cretins on Hibs.net are less obsessed than you are.

I don't credit her for Andersons investment no. I'm sure it's been said on here it was more to do with something else.

But let's just praise "queen" Ann for everything.  :lol: Romanov at least was successful.  Millions have been wasted on and off the pitch remember. 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Not as much as Anderson, by a long way, she hasn't, no. 

She has made mistakes but she stepped in and saved club. Even hibs fans must see that 

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Costanza said:

See if I had a few squillion quid in the bank, I’d work for free.

1 minute ago, LeftBack said:

She has made mistakes but she stepped in and saved club. Even hibs fans must see that 

She has both yes.  Wasted a clean platform and squandered millions with no success at all on the pitch.  Let's no overcoat that as we are, ultimately a football club.

And done in near silence.

Ego well and truly under control.

James, you're a bona fide Hearts legend. 

Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

See if I had a few squillion quid in the bank, I’d work for free.

Especially if it was working to get an initial investment back.

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

She has both yes.  Wasted a clean platform and squandered millions with no success at all on the pitch.  Let's no overcoat that as we are, ultimately a football club.

Does she deserve criticism... Yes. Does she deserve respect... Yes

Don't think it is fair to compare Budge to Anderson.

Budge stepped up and helped restructure everything into what it is now, on and off the pitch. Sure Levein got free reins to **** it all up in the end and Budge not the best with football decisions but given the state of the club after admin I think the initial couple of years under Budge were fantastic and she deserves praise for bouncing the club back. Just a shame the latter years were a fair bit more sour...

I am very looking forward to what Anderson will bring to the table and since he is retiring from his professional job, he might just get that bit more hooked on Hearts and the potential there is to break the duopoly.

Ted Hastings

Yet Anderson has put a lot more money into the club.  He’s the real hero for me. 

Aye that’s right it was James who stepped in at the 11th hour to put up a substantial amount of money to save the club from liquidation.

:facepalm:

If it wasn’t for Ann the club in its current form wouldn’t exist for James to invest any money into. There would be no tynecastle to help build a new stand for starters, we’d be playing at Murrayfield.

Get a grip and give some credit where it’s due. 

But yes massive that he has joined the board and is clearly in it for the long haul. 

Edited by Ted Hastings

He's a lifelong supporter.  Why not? 

When his name first came to everyone's  knowledge did he not say he was more of a rugby fan?  So a 'lifelong supporter' I think not.