42 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

In what possible sense?

Only in the sense that the referee gave it. In all other senses it wasn't a penalty.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cade

• iantjambo

• Maroon Sailor

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Will we be able to wear the dark blue at Wembley given that England will be in their usual white shirts, or do we still have to wear away colours ?  Would much rather see us in dark blue at Wembley.

We can't really change for England or Croatia as our away kit clashes with both their home kits.

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

We can't really change for England or Croatia as our away kit clashes with both their home kits.

That's good. Much prefer Scotland in dark blue. And, of course, Heart of Midlothian in Maroon

Maroon Sailor

So glad Croatia beat Russia on pens in the World Cup. England would've wiped the floor with the Russians in the semi final

We all prefer what Russia have done than what Turkey did. But you can't be making these mistakes. 

Day 2 and two sides already who are much better than England. 

Russia perhaps not understanding the sub rules.

5 subs allowed but only in three waves.

They've put their 3rd sub on at HT.

{edit} ignore that, HT subs aren't counted towards the three wave limit

Edited by Cade

5 minutes ago, Cade said:

Russia perhaps not understanding the sub rules.

5 subs allowed but only in three waves.

They've put their 3rd sub on at HT.

{edit} ignore that, HT subs aren't counted towards the three wave limit

And was the first sub a concussion sub which doesn't count?

Edited by Mikey1874

Russia really aren't as good as the old USSR - they really miss the western countries which split off particularly Ukraine it seems

Randy Marsh
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Russia really aren't as good as the old USSR - they really miss the western countries which split off particularly Ukraine it seems

True.  I actually googled the very last Soviet top flight which was in 1990 recently and was surprised to see only 5 of the 14 teams were from Russia today. 5 were from Ukraine.  Others were 1 from Armenia, Belarus, Tajikistan and Lithuania. Thought it was quite interesting myself. 

Had to be 3-0 of course ☺.    Fairly Conservative result.    Matched Italy,  not to be unequal.   Decent match. 

That was a very strange day.

Switzerland pulled a Levein and made a defensive sub when 1-0 up and dominating the game, only to end up drawing 1-1 with Wales. 

Finland pulled off a 1-0 smash and grab after the terrible events of Christian Eriksen damn near dying on the pitch. 

Belgium barely broke a sweat, crushing Russia 3-0 without Eden Hazard or Kevin De Bruyne.

Three more games tomorrow. I love tournament finals.

Hope Eriksen improves overnight and we all get good news to wake up to.

Edited by Cade

Seymour M Hersh
11 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

They were able to cut back to the studio at any time though. Even Ian Wright was tweeting them to do so. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I've just read the Jermaine Jenus article on the BBC site about England. 

I don't know why anyone else needs to bother turning up. 

Croatia are experienced and will have much more of the ball and have a better midfield he warbles. 

I always thought that matches were won in the midfield.

Basically he hopes they run out of puff so that England's young lions can then go on to win. 

Then they can grow into the tournament and turn on the style.

I've heard and read this shite since 1966 so we will see.

Stick to reading the scripted One Show because your analysis is a load of shite which is a perfect description of your co-comnentating. Inane, boring drivel. 

Chris Widdle reckons England will stroll the group and that they can win it. 

Another fud.

It's A bit like reading articles on Hibs before the cup final, and we all know how that turned out😁. However I do think England have a decent squad, can they win it, maybe, but they will need to carry a big slice of luck to do so. Mon Scotland!!.

Auldbenches
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I've just read the Jermaine Jenus article on the BBC site about England. 

I don't know why anyone else needs to bother turning up. 

Croatia are experienced and will have much more of the ball and have a better midfield he warbles. 

I always thought that matches were won in the midfield.

Basically he hopes they run out of puff so that England's young lions can then go on to win. 

Then they can grow into the tournament and turn on the style.

I've heard and read this shite since 1966 so we will see.

Stick to reading the scripted One Show because your analysis is a load of shite which is a perfect description of your co-comnentating. Inane, boring drivel. 

Chris Widdle reckons England will stroll the group and that they can win it. 

Another fud.

A poster on here rightly called them the biggest losers in international football.  Only one knockout win the euros is shocking for a country that size. 

Croatia at 5/1 are worth a bet.  England have quickly forgotten they lost to them in the last world cup semi final and are still thinking theyll stroll it today.  

I hope we aren't also underestimating Croatia.

Love England losing at tournaments.  

Bindy Badgy

Croatia look like they're on the way down now as some of their better players are getting on a bit. They're obviously still very dangerous though. Not really sure what the best result for Scotland's chances of progression are?

Bazzas right boot

England don't lose many games at home, they have a decent chance of winning it based on home advantage. 

Iirc they've beaten Spain and Belgium recently at home. 

It's a bit shite but England being at Wembley most of the tournament have a very good chance. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

8 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

A poster on here rightly called them the biggest losers in international football.  Only one knockout win the euros is shocking for a country that size. 

Croatia at 5/1 are worth a bet.  England have quickly forgotten they lost to them in the last world cup semi final and are still thinking theyll stroll it today.  

I hope we aren't also underestimating Croatia.

Love England losing at tournaments.  

Statistically, England are a Quarter Finals team. They don’t struggle to qualify and they normally negotiate their group easily enough, and usually one knockout tie, but once the crowd thins out and they face a good side, they generally fold.

Sometimes they go out a round sooner, once in a while they get on a good run and make the semis. But they have only got beyond a QF twice without playing all their games at home - Italy 1990 and Russia 2018. In 1966 and 1996 they were hosts. This time round they have the semis and final at home if they get there, but they will probably play someone good away from home in the QF and lose.