To lighten the mood a bit the BBC at their brilliant best with a headline of Finland v Denmark to resume and immediately underneath with the same time of posting Finland v Denmark postponed

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cade

• iantjambo

• Maroon Sailor

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will have been a shock for the fans, especially those in the front rows. The game restarting under the Danish players request and Christian in a recovery state will hopefully help them too digest the shock of the events.

Gordon Zola
12 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Can be quite tricky to diagnose. I don't know how deeply club's go with medicals. I know Phil O'Donnell had cardiomyopathy (thickening of heart muscle) which a regular ecg doesn't always show.  

yes, suppose we would need better technology, if they don't have it

Hungry hippo
4 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Maybe that is the best way to get over such an event. The players will know how they are feeling.

Hard to put myself in their shoes but I think I'd want to play.

Is it on tv now? Dont meant that insensitively but cant see it anywhere and some weird thing is on BBC now

Just now, sadj said:

Is it on tv now? Dont meant that insensitively but cant see it anywhere and some weird thing is on BBC now

Starting at 7.30 on BBC. 

3 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Kasper Schmicel what a captain, that ring round their player for dignity is a lasting image

kjaer is their captain

colinmaroon
8 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Maybe that is the best way to get over such an event. The players will know how they are feeling.

Sure beats sitting around!  Fall off the bike, get right back on!  I'm also sure that Eriksen would agree with it being completed.

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Danish players have spoken to Eriksen.

They're reassured enough to play on.

Back on BBC1 now

CloustonHMFC

Massive respect to both sets of players for the mental strength to step back out on that pitch after such distressing events.

13 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Apparently the Spanish TV coverage was worse than BBC. Kept showing the collapse moment on a loop with dramatic music over it.

I’ve had Bein sport on they showed nothing just Keys and Gray with Ruud and Zola . 

Pathetic arse covering by the BBC.

Yes, UEFA provide the images but YOU chose to keep showing them.

No hiding from this one.

Just now, Cade said:

Pathetic arse covering by the BBC.

Yes, UEFA provide the images but YOU chose to keep showing them.

No hiding from this one.

Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

I’ve had Bein sport on they showed nothing just Keys and Gray with Ruud and Zola . 

Getting away from that can we just appreciate Alex Scott for a moment

Just now, Zen Jambo said:

I’m not angry at the BBC or UEFA for the coverage. 

I’m angry at myself for watching it. 

Don't be, I couldn't pull myself away from the TV either. Not through any morbid curiosity but just wanted to see him pull through. Needed to know he was ok.

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

On the plus side...Pearce is awol 

Agreed

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

😍

Top babe

Beautiful , intelligent and a superb footballer all wrapped up in a stunningly attractive package

Edited by sadj

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Getting away from that can we just appreciate Alex Scott for a moment

I never seen it mate wasn’t watching on BBC what happened with Alex Scott . I quickly checked Twitter after seeing your comment . 

Presumably Denmark have eleven players on the pitch. Will they have had to use one of their substitutes, or have they been allowed to continue with 11 and still have all subs ?

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I never seen it mate wasn’t watching on BBC what happened with Alex Scott . I quickly checked Twitter after seeing your comment . 

Just appreciating her for being her mate. Though i think her reaction when they went back to the studio warrants a virtual hug. Took her phone and text her mum saying she loves her. 

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, whodanny said:

Presumably Denmark have eleven players on the pitch. Will they have had to use one of their substitutes, or have they been allowed to continue with 11 and still have all subs ?

They made a sub just as it restarted.

1 minute ago, whodanny said:

They used a sub. TV graphic appeared just before kick off and the sub ran onto the pitch.

2 minutes ago, whodanny said:

I was wondering that but didnt want to sound crass asking

2 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Sub I would think. Cannae just change the rules.

Just now, sadj said:

Just appreciating her for being her mate. Though i think her reaction when they went back to the studio warrants a virtual hug. Took her phone and text her mum saying she loves her. 

I thought that was a bit much actually.

Just now, CloustonHMFC said:

They made a sub just as it restarted.

Yes see that now, Jensen replaced Eriksen

Just now, Sooperstar said:

Sub I would think. Cannae just change the rules.

Yes, sub. Jensen for Eriksen.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

I was wondering that but didnt want to sound crass asking

Nothing crass about it, the game has resumed, I simply wanted to know what the situation was as it stands.

19 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Can I just say a massive well done to the medical team for their fantastic work to get him revived.

Absolute heroes :clap:

Spot on....I’d like to think these guy will get the credit they deserve in coming days 

Also noticed his team-mates getting him on his side and making sure he didn't swallow his tongue.

Quick thinking all round.

4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I thought that was a bit much actually.

I did the same thing mate and im not ashamed to admit it. I know the damage football has done to my dad and he was rushed into hospital again yesterday due to that damage. Personal thing how you react but i appreciated her reaction and emotiveness about it. 

She said shes a bit in shock still the ganes restarted again im the same. 

Suppose what im saying is im the male Alex Scott except better looking 😏🤣

Irony that BBC commentators are stating the professionalism of all involved such as players, officials, medics, etc. 

if only they could be classified in that same boat. Still raging about how unprofessional they were. The local director of the program should be given marching orders. There must be an enquiry. 

2-0 Belgium anytime scorecast Lukaku for the next match.    Unless both teams are flabbergasted after hearing the news, leaving them unwilling to enjoy or apply themselves.   In which case maybe 0-0.  Ithink the Danish game might end up the same.    

It's good they didn't let the fans go home miserable and sad at least.