All of the 11th June matches in one mega-thread because I cannae be ersed making separate threads for every single game.

Match 1) Wales vs Switzerland - 1400 BST

Coming from the Olympic stadium, Baku, Azerbaijan.

thumb2-baku-olympic-stadium-baku-azerbai

Fbbsnw2.png
Wales 
In Qualifying they bagged an automatic finals place with a 2nd place finish 3 points behind Croatia in Group E, with a record of 4 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats.

Group E was a tight group and they finished only 1 point above Slovakia and 2 above Hungary.
In the 20/21 Nations League, they won League B Group 4(Wales, Finland, ROI, Bulgaria) with a record of 5 wins, 1 draw and no losses, winning promotion to the big time of League A.
In World Cup Qualification, they've only played two matches; a 3-1 defeat away to Belgium and a 1-0 win at home against the Czech Republic.

Recent Friendlies have been a mixed bag. Beat Mexico 1-0, but then got cuffed 3-0 by France followed by a 0-0 with Albania.

Bale and Ramsay remain top class players, although if they're not performing then the team suffers.

WBwGe0U.png
Switzerland

In Qualifying, they won Group D by a single point ahead of Denmark with a record of 5 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat, against Denmark.
In the 20/21 Nations League, they ended 3rd in League A Group 2 (Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Ukraine) with 1 win, 3 draws and 2 defeats. Which isn't that bad considering Spain and Germany were in that group.
But that one win (against Ukraine) was awarded to Switzerland 3-0 after Ukraine had a huge Covid outbreak in their camp and could not fulfil the fixture. Facepalms all round.
In World Cup Qualification, they've also only played two games, winning 3-1 against Bulgaria and 1-0 against Lithuania.
In their recent Friendlies, they've beaten Finland, the USA and Liechtenstein, so they're going into the tournament with 5 wins in a row.

They've got a good squad and some gifted players (Xhaka and Shaqiri being the best known players for UK viewers).

Match 2) Denmark vs Finland - 1700 BST

Coming from the Parken Stadium, Copenhagen, Denmark

QYgAOyszyn_RundvisningPARKEN.jpg?1512998

Tpgm2LR.png

Denmark

In Qualifying, they finished a point below the Swiss in Group D, with a good record of 4 wins, 4 draws and no defeats.

Scored more total goals than Switzerland and had a better goal difference to boot. 

In the 20/21 Nations League, they finished second in League A Group 2 (Belgium, Denmark, THEM [England], Iceland) with a solid 3 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats.
Took 4 points off THEM.
In World Cup Qualification, they've won all three matches so far, beating Israel 2-0, Moldova 8-0 and Austria 4-0.

Scotland are next. Michty(!)
Recent Friendlies have seen a draw with Germany and a win over Bosnia.

These guys are decent, likes.

Proper decent.

RzY2e5a.png

Finland

In Qualifying, they finished 2nd to Italy, with 6 wins, no draws and 4 defeats (losing twice to Italy, once to Greece and once to Bosnia).

Finished 4 points above Greece and 5 above Bosnia.
In the 20/21 Nations League, they finished 2nd in League B Group 4, 4 points behind Wales with a record of 4 wins, no draws and 2 defeats (both against Wales).
In World Cup Qualification, they've only played two games so far, drawing 2-2 with Bosnia and drawing 1-1 with Ukraine.
Friendlies have seen them lose to Switzerland, Sweden and Estonia.

Not the best team.

But everybody has qualified on merit.

Match 3) Belgium vs Russia - 2000 BST

Coming from the Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg, Russia
maxresdefault.jpg

yvO5iGB.png

Belgium

In Qualifying, they won all ten games in Group I.
Goals against? 3.
Goal difference? +37.
In the 20/21 Nations League, they topped League A Group 2 with 5 wins, no draws and 1 loss (to THEM [England]).

In World Cup Qualifying, they've played 3 games, beating Wales 3-1, beating Belarus 8-0 and drawing 1-1 with the Czech Republic.

Recent Friendlies have seen a 1-1 draw with Greece and a 1-0 win over Croatia.

One of the best teams in the world.

FIFA have them in the #1 slot in the rankings.

jTS2T2w.png

Russia
In Qualifying, they finished in 2nd place in Group I, 6 points behind Belgium with 8 wins, no draws and 2 losses (both against Belgium, oops)

In the 20/21 Nations League, they finished in 2nd place in League B Group 3, finishing 3 points behind Hungary with a record of 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses.
In World Cup Qualifying, they've played 3 games, beating Malta 3-1, beating Slovenia 2-1 and getting beat 2-1 off Slovenia in the return fixture.

Recent Friendlies have seen a 1-1 draw with Poland and a 1-0 win over Bulgaria.

They're a bit pish.

But their national anthem is top drawer. Enjoy it while it lasts, they'll be oot very soon.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cade

• iantjambo

• Maroon Sailor

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not gonna win any prizes for predicting Switzerland, Denmark and Belgium to win, but that's how it should go down. 

Tightest match should be the Wales game, expect a low scoring one with the odd goal winning it. If Bale isn't in form then it's no luck for Wales.

Edited by Homme

Aye it should be a fairly easy day for the bookies tomorrow.

Yon Parken Stadium looks like Tynecastle on steroids.

Lovely and claustrophobic, stands right up to the pitch and very steep.

38,000 capacity.

parken-stadium.jpg

parken4.jpg

:sweeet:

Edited by Cade

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

38,000 capacity.

parken-stadium.jpg

parken4.jpg

More like Ibrox to be honest, or the Luigi Ferraris in Genoa that it was based on. 

10 hours ago, Cade said:

38,000 capacity.

parken-stadium.jpg

parken4.jpg

I've never been in for a game but seen Guns'n'Roses there a few years ago and it is proper steep up the back. The bottom tear isn't to bad but the upper deck is on par with Tynie. There was actually a lassy that was drunk and too scared to walk up the steps where we were and ended up scrambling up the steps on her hands and knees. 😂

The stand where the top picture is taken is only a small seating area with a cool two storey corporate area. 

Anyone else hope the welsh get pumped ? I find the welsh a right weird bunch of people, I always remember my former welsh manager going to an England game at wembley with some of my ex colleagues and telling me how much he enjoyed it afterwards, weirdo! For that reason, mon the swiss! 

Fwiw I think belgium and denmark will both record wins too.

I'm backing a draw for Wales & Switzerland.   1-1.   Possible scorers for Wales : K Moore, D James, H Wilson, G Bale. 

Bale scored twice v them in last two encounters.   Once in each game.   Seems easy to think he will do it again.   I think Moore will score this time.   Although Bale will be on penalty duty and free kicks. 

Anytime Scorecast 1-1 Bale or Moore for me. 

Edited by HMFC01

jambostuart

Going against the grain I have picked Wales on my acca, alongside Denmark -1 and Belgium -1. 

Fancy an upset coming and the Swiss/Wales game is where I see it. 1-0 Wales. 

12 hours ago, Homme said:

Not gonna win any prizes for predicting Switzerland, Denmark and Belgium to win, but that's how it should go down. 

Tightest match should be the Wales game, expect a low scoring one with the odd goal winning it. If Bale isn't in form then it's no luck for Wales.

There is a prize there. 4/1 for that treble !

👍

Had Italy last night so rolling on to Switzerland Denmark and Belgium today. Main fear would be Belgium for me. Playing above themselves for years now and I think they might be on the wane.

My tenner pays just over £70 for all 4 correct.

jambostuart
8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Had Italy last night so rolling on to Switzerland Denmark and Belgium today. Main fear would be Belgium for me. Playing above themselves for years now and I think they might be on the wane.

My tenner pays just over £70 for all 4 correct.

That's decent odds and while I agree about Belgium, they should be able to overcome a poor Russia side. When they go up against good teams however they might be in for a hiding.

1 minute ago, jambostuart said:

That's decent odds and while I agree about Belgium, they should be able to overcome a poor Russia side. When they go up against good teams however they might be in for a hiding.

Switzerland were a really good price today for some reason. Maybe it’s me but Wales fluke tournament has surely gone and they’ll be whipping boys in this group.

jambostuart
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Switzerland were a really good price today for some reason. Maybe it’s me but Wales fluke tournament has surely gone and they’ll be whipping boys in this group.

I have Wales to win today, only because out of the opening 4 matches there needs to be one shock surely and Wales is where I see it. Bale free kick or pen. I also don't rate the Swiss as anything more than above average team. I personally think it will be a draw but put Wales simply for the better odds...

1 minute ago, bigdav said:

For football addicts needing an appetiser Torquay v Notts County national league semi on BT sport 2 just now.

I'm on it :cheese:   just finished watching the aussie a league playoff.   Then of course the three euro games next.   

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I'm on it :cheese:   just finished watching the aussie a league playoff.   Then of course the three euro games next.   

Oh man you're worse than me 😆

Had Italy to win to nil last night. Rolled over to today. Swiss win and BTTS in Denmark game. Not touching the Belgium game!

DBE6D8FE-EC25-43BD-8400-BB05AD952DCF.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Dosh on Switzerland wish I put it on Wales now.  

What makes you think Wales will win. 

Stadium is very empty.

Wales have their first two matches here then off to Rome.

Switzerland are here today, then off to Rome then back here again for their final game.

Can't be easy for fans.

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I hope Wales get humped. 

I’ve got a feeling it’s not going to be a good tournament for them. Too much hysteria over how well they did the last time. Though they are a good example of how a couple of excellent players can lift a team of not so good ones. 

Edited by Tazio

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I hope Wales get humped. 

This guy got humped by a Whale

Humpback whale gulps and spits out Cape Cod lobsterman

12 June 2021, 01:47 BST

Big Slim Stylee
12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I hope Wales get humped. 

Nah mate. Switzerland is just....such an annoying place😀

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

This guy got humped by a Whale

Humpback whale gulps and spits out Cape Cod lobsterman

12 June 2021, 01:47 BST

Haha saw that. Something not right with that boy. Bet he's made it up. 😁

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Something fishy about it

18 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

What makes you think Wales will win. 

Don’t know just fancy them to win. 

Hungry hippo

That save from the Swiss keeper was a great example of how Hibs' goalkeeper could have saved or at least got very close to Rooney's header in the cup final. Set himself properly and didn't have all his weight going to the back post.

9 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

If he didn't make it up, I'm sure he's just really happy that the whale spat rather than swallowed.