Club or country

Hairdryer

With euro 2020 just beginning i find it difficult to get so excited about my country participating in the tournament compared to watching hearts, the plus point is i can watch a scotland match more relaxed is anyone else of the same opinion 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack D and coke

• martoon

• Last Laff

• Forever Hearts

I chose to support Hearts but support Scotland through where I was born and you can’t change that. 
Choice is important. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Only Hearts,

The tartan army just reminds me of the Bay City Rollers,

sfa piss me aff, fakem

Hope big Craigie gets the gloves and keeps clean sheets 

Would rather support Wales 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Only Hearts,

The tartan army just reminds me of the Bay City Rollers,

sfa piss me aff, fakem

Hope big Craigie gets the gloves and keeps clean sheets 

Would rather support Wales 

You really should be at ibrox pal. 

Hagar the Horrible

Look at it this way. When Hearts get beat i hurt for about a week. But when Scotland gets beat i am over it before the next cold one is opened yet both. But Club first Scotland second. Tartan army the world's biggest fuds. Crap look worse song book.

jimmy the jambo
10 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

I love hearts and I love Scotland. I suspect the op only loves hearts, which is quite sad. 

I’m in the same camp FS - Both are very important to me,I don’t support them for glory,It’s my birth right. 

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, jimmy the jambo said:

I’m in the same camp FS - Both are very important to me,I don’t support them for glory,It’s my birth right. 

I would also add that I get equally excited,probably more so at international level,watching the "egg chasers". You can't choose where your born. 

21 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You can wholeheartedly support both🍻

100% this. Never miss a Hearts game and never miss a Scotland game. 

And it's different, Hearts are my club as an Edinburger, Scotland are my Country. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

I would also add that I get equally excited,probably more so at international level,watching the "egg chasers". You can't choose where your born. 

I also really enjoy watching the Scotland rugby team. I don’t see the problem with it all tbh. People looking for problems, trying to make it about the snp or some other tragic shite. 

jack D and coke
Just now, Cruyff said:

100% this. Never miss a Hearts game and never miss a Scotland game. 

And it's different, Hearts are my club as an Edinburger, Scotland are my Country. 

Amen brother🤝
I feel deeply about both. 

22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I support both but get more pleasure and upset through supporting Hearts. 

Exactly the dissapointment if hibs scored a late winner against us would be more than England doing the same against Scotland 

It's been so long since Scotland were involved in anything meaningful, and not just in a grim failure to qualify for something. 

I suspect this is the reason some people are not very fussed about the National Team. 

Get behind your country and enjoy it, ffs. Hearts come first, but that doesn't mean you can't also support Scotland.

Do The Dance

Club, always.

Being in an actual tournament with Scotland has definitely increased my support for my country. Usually don’t give a ****.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Hairdryer said:

Exactly the dissapointment if hibs scored a late winner against us would be more than England doing the same against Scotland 

👍

davemclaren
Just now, tian447 said:

It's been so long since Scotland were involved in anything meaningful, and not just in a grim failure to qualify for something. 

I suspect this is the reason some people are not very fussed about the National Team. 

Get behind your country and enjoy it, ffs. Hearts come first, but that doesn't mean you can't also support Scotland.

👍

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Hearts win the league or Scotland win the World cup? Not even a choice in my eyes. 

World Cup. 

Club for me. Hope Scotland do well, just don't care if they don't. International football just bores me these days.

4 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Hearts win the league or Scotland win the World cup? Not even a choice in my eyes. 

Which would you prefer? League for me. 

been here before

Apart from about half a dozen players I struggle to name any Scotland players taking part in this let alone any of the others in the various nations.

My interest in football outside of Hearts diminishes a little more each season that goes by.

Ill cheer Scotland on, hope they do well but Im not really that fussed overall which probably reflects how I view the tournament as a whole.

42 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

With euro 2020 just beginning i find it difficult to get so excited about my country participating in the tournament compared to watching Scotland the plus point is i can watch a scotland match more relaxed is anyone else of the same opinion 

Rick Sanchez
6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I wouldn't be home for days if we won the league.

David McCaig
7 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Club for me. Hope Scotland do well, just don't care if they don't. International football just bores me these days.

In a nutshell

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, tian447 said:

There is a bit of that but politics has crept in too. The locked thread about Scotland players taking the knee had some hilarious posts. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I'd watch Scotland at anything, except women's fitbaw. 

They’re probably the most successful Scottish team in recent years. 

Seaside jambo

Hearts for me but only just 

I have played for my country fair enough only at darts but I’m proud to be a jambo and a Scottish one 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’re probably the most successful Scottish team in recent years. 

I couldn't tell you. 

Independence
53 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

With euro 2020 just beginning i find it difficult to get so excited about my country participating in the tournament compared to watching hearts, the plus point is i can watch a scotland match more relaxed is anyone else of the same opinion 

Easy, I support Hearts as my football team and Scotland as my country. I support them both with this same amount of passion. 

Gordon Ramsay
22 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Not even a contest. Hearts over everything. 

52 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I support both but get more pleasure and upset through supporting Hearts. 

This 👍

7 minutes ago, Independence said:

Easy, I support Hearts as my football team and Scotland as my country. I support them both with this same amount of passion. 

Correct. 

Pasquale for King

I asked my brother in law in the 80s why he stopped following Scotland, he said that he chased enough rainbows with Hearts 😆

jack D and coke
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Hearts winning the champions league or Scotland winning the Euros. Definitely the first for me

I’d absolutely love both but Hearts would have to buy the champions league. Or even the SPL in all honesty. Like all clubs who win that stuff now. There would be very few or no Scots in the team. I do like to see some local lads doing well for Hearts. 
Scotland doing well is a marker for our football as a whole imo and definitely gives a boost to us all. 

Unknown user

I love the Scotland thing, I love that all your mates are pulling in the same direction for once, everyone in the pub's on the same side.

I love both

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I asked my brother in law in the 80s why he stopped following Scotland, he said that he chased enough rainbows with Hearts 😆

I think he may have been gutted watching Hearts lads getting overlooked for years until they pulled on a Glasgow blouse, then came automatic caps🤮