Scotland WILL take a knee against England at Wembley!

Don Dan

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Pasquale for King

• JackLadd

• i8hibsh

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

You never suspect her of anything do you? If she kicked your dog off a cliff in front of your eyes you'd claim it was a slip.  

Like I said, that's you bringing the Sturgeon bogeyman into it while moaning about politics in football. Pretty ironic, no?

20 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

They are simply kneeling at Wembley to show solidarity with the English players particulary those that are subject to continued abuse on social media

Good point Andy I never considered that until you posted it. 

10 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

:gok:

The guy is just a walking bumper sticker.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

She wouldn't do that. 

A part of me hopes she has said something and the team agreed. 

Have certain folk going bannanas. 

"Scotland team forced on to one  knee" will be the crackpot bbc headline. 

Probably photoshop her with a fake hat. 

Only arseholes can't seperate football from politics, most of them follow Glasgow teams, but not all. 

Also, Racism as a global issue is not politics, far more deep rooted and cultural than just politics. 

Britain is not the U.S. No first amendment, racial equality enshrined in every law criminal and civil with severe penalties attached. Basically the most woke non-racist place I can think of. There are far more pressing global issues than police tactics in Minnesota but they don't tick woke boxes and don't have social media hashtags driving them. 

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Like I said, that's you bringing the Sturgeon bogeyman into it while moaning about politics in football. Pretty ironic, no?

Is she a man? Wouldn't shock me btw. Hiding plenty. 

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

None? but things have moved on .The racists in England have been enboldened by having a Racist prime minister,the same thing happened in USA with Trump.

Also the  right wing media have not been able to directly attack the anti racist message so have switched to BLM . The Tories also need to create a false culture war to dead cat the news about corruption and care homes.The right wing press have also inreased their racist views...The Telegraphs obit for Prince Philip being a prime example.

Well said. 

Pasquale for King

Scotland should be taking the knee, anything else looks like they’re conflating BLM with the fight against racism. We would’ve looked no better than the English fans who boo the players taking the knee, or are they worried about these tartan army ******s booing too? Clarke getting involved isn’t great either. 

45777CD4-9CCA-4EF0-9AF1-AAB646748F89.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

52 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yip.

Fact is, they’ll kneel at one game and stand for the other two. 
There may well have been a bit of pressure exerted for the Wembley game as it would have looked strange with one team kneeling and one standing. Think that’s what’s happened here. 
Anyway fours hours to KO. Time to concentrate on the football.

👍

Think that's it. Scotland preferred to Stand against racism but it would have opened a can of worms if England kneeled and Scotland didn't. Some pathetic posts on here though, just showing the racist morons we have 

professorfate

I absolutely despair at the sfa who in their right mind would have Scotland not taking knee against England while they do it. 

58 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

None of them boo 'Show racism the red card' so your logic is flawed.

Is the correct answer.Not racist,anti marxist.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Four faces said:

Is the correct answer.Not racist,anti marxist.

Marxist how, exactly?

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Is she a man? Wouldn't shock me btw. Hiding plenty. 

Tbh, Probably more of a man than many on this forum. 

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Marxist how, exactly?

You looked into BLM and it's founder at all, Smithee? I know I school you regularly but at some point you need to show some initiative. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Marxist how, exactly?

Check their website.Founded by two women who openly admitted marxist politics.I'm not here to educate you,go and find out.

Fire_At_The_Disco

So is Sturgeon making the pope take the knee at Wembley ....or should I read the thread more thoroughly 🤷‍♀️

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Britain is not the U.S. No first amendment, racial equality enshrined in every law criminal and civil with severe penalties attached. Basically the most woke non-racist place I can think of. There are far more pressing global issues than police tactics in Minnesota but they don't tick woke boxes and don't have social media hashtags driving them. 

Fair, but taking the knee or not- unless forced on the team is a non issue for me. 

Take the knee. 

Don't take the knee. 

Neither should draw criticism imo. 

The fact it causes a debate highlights there's an issue imo. 

Unknown user
Just now, Four faces said:

Check their website.Founded by two women who openly admitted marxist politics.I'm not here to educate you,go and find out.

What aspects of Marxism is it that you're unhappy about?

Unknown user
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

You looked into BLM and it's founder at all, Smithee? I know I school you regularly but at some point you need to show some initiative. 

Actually lol'd!

Take a knee, don't take a knee, couldn't care less to be honest. Just want to watch football.

Either kneel or stand, don't do both imo. Makes it look like we're just box ticking.

If we believe in taking a knee, let's do it every game.

If we don't, don't do it all. All that does is devalue it imo.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

What aspects of Marxism is it that you're unhappy about?

Who said i was unhappy about it.Was just letting you know of its origins and agenda.If people don't want to be forced to follow an agenda they don't like then they can show protest.Lyle Taylor,a black footballer playing for Nottm Forest knows the score.

Unknown user

Who said i was unhappy about it.Was just letting you know of its origins and agenda.If people don't want to be forced to follow an agenda they don't like then they can show protest.Lyle Taylor,a black footballer playing for Nottm Forest knows the score.

You're saying that the booing is about anti Marxism, my fat arse it is.

Not one of those idiots booing could define Marxism or what elements of Marxism BLM show that are the problem. They've read it on a right wing website/forum/social media page and they're pretending that's what they hate.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair, but taking the knee or not- unless forced on the team is a non issue for me. 

Take the knee. 

Don't take the knee. 

Neither should draw criticism imo. 

The fact it causes a debate highlights there's an issue imo. 

As I said earlier, I'm ambivalent on the knee business although when some players are waving fists that is worthy of boos and I wouldn't criticise any fan for it. The Millwall boo incident this guy inflamed the situation. That is not a knee, it's black power salute or the evocation of it, and a red rag to a club like Millwall that are not known for being the most sensitive bunch of tree huggers. This goes to the deeper issue that racism is not a one way street but you'd never guess that from the hashtags and media. 

Millwall fans boo players taking the knee upon their return to stadium -  Mirror Online 

J.T.F.Robertson

Hope "the knee" is all we take next Friday. 😨

Just now, Smithee said:

You're saying that the booing is about anti Marxism, my fat arse it is.

Not one of those idiots booing could define Marxism or what elements of Marxism BLM show that are the problem. They've read it on a right wing website/forum/social media page and they're pretending that's what they hate.

Kinda disrespectful.So you think you're the only one clued up on this type of thing?which i would say no,you're not.Your question to me proves that.Marxism wants to replace capitalism btw but doesn't know how.Defund the police end of the nuclear family etc.Destroy rather than improve.Anyhow,i said i wasn't gonna educate you and here i am,doing just that.Need to stick to my word in future.

I’m in two minds about it. There is solidarity in it if there is going to be booing. But I also think the gesture has lost its meaning. 

I think if they wanted it to make an impact they could have kept things quiet and if the England fans started booing then joined the others kneeling.

More actual work needs to be done in tackling this. Players making gestures is neither here nor there. The Czech boy and Slavia should have been kicked out of the competition and given a ban. The only way to kick it out of the game is by literally kicking them out. Do it once or twice and everyone will quickly learn. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Taking the knee has nothing to do with BLM, it’s about fighting racism of all kinds. 
The sooner folk realise this the better, stop reading the MSM and watching the BBC. I include our national team in that. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Four faces said:

Kinda disrespectful.So you think you're the only one clued up on this type of thing?which i would say no,you're not.Your question to me proves that.Marxism wants to replace capitalism btw but doesn't know how.Defund the police end of the nuclear family etc.Destroy rather than improve.Anyhow,i said i wasn't gonna educate you and here i am,doing just that.Need to stick to my word in future.

No, I'm saying that they don't know what they're talking about. That's why I always ask exactly what people mean when they bring up marxism.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I’m in two minds about it. There is solidarity in it if there is going to be booing. But I also think the gesture has lost its meaning. 

I think if they wanted it to make an impact they could have kept things quiet and if the England fans started booing then joined the others kneeling.

More actual work needs to be done in tackling this. Players making gestures is neither here nor there. The Czech boy and Slavia should have been kicked out of the competition and given a ban. The only way to kick it out of the game is by literally kicking them out. Do it once or twice and everyone will quickly learn. 

We are talking about it so it’s keeping it in the news. 
Are we not taking the knee to not embarrass the Czechs? Or the Croats? I would love to know what Che Adams thinks or any of our players who’ve been racially abused down south. 

My perspective is that has long since become a perfunctory, empty gesture. When Colin Kaepernick was doing it in the NFL it had genuine weight and meaning, now it's a routine thing before every football match. Is it really doing anything to tackle racism either?

Also the insinuation that if you don't perform the gesture, you are condoning racism is ridiculous.

.... and to be absolutely clear, I find racism and indeed any form of discrimination to be abhorrent.

Edited by Martin_T

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

As I said earlier, I'm ambivalent on the knee business although when some players are waving fists that is worthy of boos and I wouldn't criticise any fan for it. The Millwall boo incident this guy inflamed the situation. That is not a knee, it's black power salute or the evocation of it, and a red rag to a club like Millwall that are not known for being the most sensitive bunch of tree huggers. This goes to the deeper issue that racism is not a one way street but you'd never guess that from the hashtags and media. 

Millwall fans boo players taking the knee upon their return to stadium -  Mirror Online 

Did you cheer when Lafferty gave the Celtic fans his red hand of Ulster salute? 
Players are free to do as they wish, if racists are triggered that’s their problem. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Taking the knee has nothing to do with BLM, it’s about fighting racism of all kinds. 
The sooner folk realise this the better, stop reading the MSM and watching the BBC. I include our national team in that. 

Ha,Ha.The BBC are the worst at pandering to this type of thing.Where have you been the last year mate? takin the knee nothing to do with BLM.Ha,Ha.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No, I'm saying that they don't know what they're talking about. That's why I always ask exactly what people mean when they bring up marxism.

Even if some don't know the marxist agenda.They know it's not all about anti racism.If they stood with their arms round each others shoulders you wouldn't hear one boo and if there was they would be called out for it and rightly so.

Pasquale for King

Ha,Ha.The BBC are the worst at pandering to this type of thing.Where have you been the last year mate? takin the knee nothing to do with BLM.Ha,Ha.

You’re absolutely clueless. It started with Kaepernick on the advice of a white US soldier. 
Of course BLM use it too. 
The taking of the knee by footballers is to eradicate racism from football and society, nothing to do with BLM. 
Go educate yourself oh wise one. 
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/england-fans-boo-players-knee-southgate-not-political-stand-b938499.html

Colonel Kurtz

Thought taking the knee started with Colin Kapearnick sp in 2016 .It was also done by Martin Luther King

But dont let the Daily Mail crowd on here worry about that.

As I say just admit you have evolved from the banana throwers in our support 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Colonel Kurtz said:

Thought taking the knee started with Colin Kapearnick sp in 2016 .It was also done by Martin Luther King

Definitely, they always out themselves on this type of thread. 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We are talking about it so it’s keeping it in the news. 
Are we not taking the knee to not embarrass the Czechs? Or the Croats? I would love to know what Che Adams thinks or any of our players who’ve been racially abused down south. 

I suppose as long as we're continuing to talk about it still has purpose, but we can talk about it until we're blue in the face, until UEFA take meaningful actions against bigotry (be that sectarianism, racism, anti-semitism) then nothing is likely to change. Their action against the superleague was swifter and harsher. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I'm white. Very white. 

How white folk can  get angry by that is beyond me. 

As my post a bit above the world is ****ed. 

Folk seem to just want to cause offence, get angry, get offended  or all 3.

****ing mental imo. 

6 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I'm mixed race.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I suppose as long as we're continuing to talk about it still has purpose, but we can talk about it until we're blue in the face, until UEFA take meaningful actions against bigotry (be that sectarianism, racism, anti-semitism) then nothing is likely to change. Their action against the superleague was swifter and harsher. 

Yeah definitely, small fines etc. So much that can and should be done, including ourselves. 
I just feel there’s something not quite right with Scotland’s viewpoint and reasoning here.  

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm white. Very white. 

How white folk can  get angry by that is beyond me. 

As my post a bit above the world is ****ed. 

Folk seem to just want to cause offence, get angry, get offended  or all 3.

****ing mental imo. 

Agreed. 

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, Four faces said:

Even if some don't know the marxist agenda.They know it's not all about anti racism.If they stood with their arms round each others shoulders you wouldn't hear one boo and if there was they would be called out for it and rightly so.

But you'll surely agree that claiming "I'm not racist, I'm anti Marxist" without actually knowing what Marxism is, is bullshit.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed. 

How the **** do you know I'm very white. 😳

I could be a lovely black lady! 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Boab said:

It’s getting confusing. So, they’re taking a knee at Wembley but standing at Hampden. The first game against a team who are missing a player because of a 10 match ban for racist abuse ? Would that not be the game where you showed solidarity ?

It’s to get a reaction from the Wembley crowd. 

Essentially using Black Lives Matter to score cheap political points. Classy. 

28 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

My perspective is that has long since become a perfunctory, empty gesture. When Colin Kaepernick was doing it in the NFL it had genuine weight and meaning, now it's a routine thing before every football match. Is it really doing anything to tackle racism either?

Also the insinuation that if you don't perform the gesture, you are condoning racism is ridiculous.

.... and to be absolutely clear, I find racism and indeed any form of discrimination to be abhorrent.

I agree wholeheartedly. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You ain’t no lady 😜

Under the floodlight
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ding dong!

38 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Racists will always use blm as a get out for their racist views

• davemclaren locked this topic