Scotland WILL take a knee against England at Wembley!

Don Dan

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Pasquale for King

• JackLadd

• i8hibsh

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It’s getting confusing. So, they’re taking a knee at Wembley but standing at Hampden. The first game against a team who are missing a player because of a 10 match ban for racist abuse ? Would that not be the game where you showed solidarity ?

Italian Lambretta

Typical Scotland only trying to wind up the English. I wouldn'r put it past wee Krankie to suggest it.

They are just doing what sellick did to us at the 2005 semi when the Pope died.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I wouldn'r put it past wee Krankie to suggest it.

Jesus wept

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Saint John Paul II.

Great man.

My old granny loved 'um

Good. Showing unity with the England players getting abuse from the morons is important as it's much bigger than football. Solidarity for 10 seconds then boot them off the park for 90 minutes.

Not sure why it's for one game only though, if you feel that's the correct stance it should be consistent. Especially against the Czechs after what's gone before.

Hackney Hearts
15 minutes ago, Boab said:

It’s getting confusing. So, they’re taking a knee at Wembley but standing at Hampden. The first game against a team who are missing a player because of a 10 match ban for racist abuse ? Would that not be the game where you showed solidarity ?

The suggestion seems to be that they'll show anti-racist solidarity in a different way at Hampden?

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Blessed by him in 1982.

Hasn't done any ****ing good. :lol:

:lol: closest I came to a blessing off anyone high up on gods list was the found out peado O’Brien.  Think my granny and auntie same as you in Glasgow somewhere?  The most off topic post ever mind you. 

Spitonastranger
19 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Typical Scotland only trying to wind up the English. I wouldn'r put it past wee Krankie to suggest it.

They are just doing what sellick did to us at the 2005 semi when the Pope died.

Bitter much lol

Sturgeon interfering here? Keep politics out of the game please. I'm ambivalent on the knee taking but have issues with the raised fist salute some indulge in. The punter there for football is within his/her rights to object that imo without the likes of 'Rio' calling them out. 

I think it would be more fititng to all come out wearing t-shirts saying 'Show racism the red card' on the front and 'Show BLM the red card on the back'

Edited by i8hibsh

8 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

The suggestion seems to be that they'll show anti-racist solidarity in a different way at Hampden?

The knee thing is always going to be open to accusations of political influence. That, to me, is the reason there is so much controversy.

The best thing UEFA did was both teams, alternately placed, holding a Kick Out Racism banner. 
Why not just do that ? It was as clear a message as this one. More so, considering there may be games where some teams are standing, some kneeling…!

Ffs !

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Sturgeon interfering here? Keep politics out of the game please. I'm ambivalent on the knee taking but have issues with the raised fist salute some indulge in. The punter there for football is within his/her rights to object that imo without the likes of 'Rio' calling them out. 

Is there any evidence there has been political interference. Surely she would want to be different from England? 😂

BLM have put racial tensions back 50 years.  It really is causing huge resentment.

davemclaren
Just now, i8hibsh said:

BLM have put racial tensions back 50 years.  It really is causing huge resentment.

Amongst the non-woke I assume. 😄

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Is there any evidence there has been political interference. Surely she would want to be different from England? 😂

If it was a Sturgeon decision then without the slightest shadow of doubt she would put her name to it so for this reason I actually don't think it is.

Just now, davemclaren said:

She could not tolerate toary England being more woke than the boys in blue. Must have been a wee zoom call to the SFA from oor Nicola. 

Just now, lou said:

Loving the seethe 🤣🤣 if the players and management want to do this why does it rankle anyone

Woke me up before you go go. 

Rogue Daddy
5 minutes ago, Boab said:

The knee thing is always going to be open to accusations of political influence. That, to me, is the reason there is so much controversy.

The best thing UEFA did was both teams, alternately placed, holding a Kick Out Racism banner. 
Why not just do that ? It was as clear a message as this one. More so, considering there may be games where some teams are standing, some kneeling…!

Ffs !

Exactly. I don't get the kneeling thing. For me it's just antagonism to those that disagree... pouring fuel on the fire, if you like. It's not sorting anything - only keeping the problem front and centre. It's forcing teams and players to make a choice... and others to judge them on what they do.

As you say, bring out a banner, set it down. Play the game.

Colonel Kurtz

I would have more respect for the  English fans who boo if they just admitted  they are racist ALF Garnetts.

At least the east europeans dont try and sugercoat their behaviour

The only knee I will be doing is a good old 'knees up' when we beat the English.

Jeffros Furios

The big problem we have is sectarianism which as usual is ignored,  our authorities are spineless wankers 

Just now, Colonel Kurtz said:

I would have more respect for the  English fans who boo if they just admitted  they are racist ALF Garnetts.

At least the east europeans dont try and sugercoat their behaviour

None of them boo 'Show racism the red card' so your logic is flawed.

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Exactly. I don't get the kneeling thing. For me it's just antagonism to those that disagree... pouring fuel on the fire, if you like. It's not sorting anything - only keeping the problem front and centre. It's forcing teams and players to make a choice... and others to judge them on what they do.

As you say, bring out a banner, set it down. Play the game.

Yip.

Fact is, they’ll kneel at one game and stand for the other two. 
There may well have been a bit of pressure exerted for the Wembley game as it would have looked strange with one team kneeling and one standing. Think that’s what’s happened here. 
Anyway fours hours to KO. Time to concentrate on the football.

👍

Unknown user
28 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Sturgeon interfering here? Keep politics out of the game please. 

You're aware that you just brought politics into it, right?

Bazzas right boot

Folk getting angry over it, but they don't even know why. 

They just think they need to be angry over it, so are. 

😂😂

The world's ****ed. 

About One half of the population enjoys being  selfish arseholes and being horrible to everyone else, however the other half or so seem to actively seek new  ways to be offended. 

It's all ****ed. 

Those few stuck in the middle are just like 

if-everyone-could-just-calm-down-meme.jpg

Edited by Smith's right boot

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yip.

Fact is, they’ll kneel at one game and stand for the other two. 
There may well have been a bit of pressure exerted for the Wembley game as it would have looked strange with one team kneeling and one standing. Think that’s what’s happened here. 
Anyway fours hours to KO. Time to concentrate on the football.

👍

Maybe they want to show solidarity for the players who will be playing on the day who are racially abused week on week, remember some of the Scotland players are team mates with those and also a couple of the Scotland squad may have also experienced this in the EPL

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, lou said:

Loving the seethe 🤣🤣 if the players and management want to do this why does it rankle anyone

Imagine getting triggered by a well intentioned gesture, the absolute nick of some people

I respect teams that stand and teams that kneel assuming that the teams that stand are still making a statement which is the case with Scotland.  They are simply kneeling at Wembley to show solidarity with the English players particulary those that are subject to continued abuse on social media (who are these people?).  I think it's the right thing to do.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk getting angry over it, but they don't even know why. 

They just think they need to be angry over it, so are. 

😂😂

The world's ****ed. 

About One half of the population enjoys being  selfish arseholes and being horrible to everyone else, however the other half or so seem to actively seek new  ways to be offended. 

It's all ****ed. 

Those few stuck in the middle are just like 

if-everyone-could-just-calm-down-meme.jpg

Looks like someone's got a case of the Mondays

Just now, Smithee said:

You're aware that you just brought politics into it, right?

Politics includes activities aimed at improving someone's status or increasing their power within a country or group.

Tell me how the knee taking/raised fist/traditional race politics militancy is not fully within that definition. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Politics includes activities aimed at improving someone's status or increasing their power within a country or group.

Tell me how the knee taking/raised fist/traditional race politics militancy is not fully within that definition. 

I was talking about you flying in with the Sturgeon patter, for a change.

3 minutes ago, lou said:

Maybe they want to show solidarity for the players who will be playing on the day who are racially abused week on week, remember some of the Scotland players are team mates with those and also a couple of the Scotland squad may have also experienced this in the EPL

So it's not about George Floyd/BLM but more wealthy footballers taking abusive tweets/messages on social media? Need some clarity from Nicola and the SFA. 'The fight against racism' line doesn't wash with most people, or at least 51% in Scotland going by the Sky poll I just looked at. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I respect teams that stand and teams that kneel assuming that the teams that stand are still making a statement which is the case with Scotland.  They are simply kneeling at Wembley to show solidarity with the English players particulary those that are subject to continued abuse on social media (who are these people?).  I think it's the right thing to do.

So you don't like teams that sit! 

RwVHHzTh.gif

2 minutes ago, lou said:

Of course, and nothing wrong with that.

If it is that simple, that’s great but I don’t think there is any clear directive from UEFA on this, hence the differing stances, if you’ll pardon the pun.

UEFA know they need to tread carefully with the knee thing as their own rules on political actions are very clear. It’s a bit of a minefield for them.

Anyway, I’ve said my bit and Kick Out Racism by teams was clear. This is causing all sorts of division, which is terrible for the people trying to highlight racism in the first place !

Pub ! 
Enjoy the game tonight, folks !

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I was talking about you flying in with the Sturgeon patter, for a change.

You never suspect her of anything do you? If she kicked your dog off a cliff in front of your eyes you'd claim it was a slip.  

Colonel Kurtz
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

None of them boo 'Show racism the red card' so your logic is flawed.

None? but things have moved on .The racists in England have been enboldened by having a Racist prime minister,the same thing happened in USA with Trump.

Also the  right wing media have not been able to directly attack the anti racist message so have switched to BLM . The Tories also need to create a false culture war to dead cat the news about corruption and care homes.The right wing press have also inreased their racist views...The Telegraphs obit for Prince Philip being a prime example.

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

None? but things have moved on .The racists in England have been enboldened by having a Racist prime minister,the same thing happened in USA with Trump.

Also the  right wing media have not been able to directly attack the anti racist message so have switched to BLM . The Tories also need to create a false culture war to dead cat the news about corruption and care homes.The right wing press have also inreased their racist views...The Telegraphs obit for Prince Philip being a prime example.

I don't even know where to begin with any of this drivel.  I feel you are just one big massive hashtag.  Good luck to you man.

Jeffros Furios
Just now, i8hibsh said:

I don't even know where to begin with any of this drivel.  I feel you are just one big massive hashtag.  Good luck to you man.

:gok:

Bazzas right boot
Just now, JackLadd said:

You never suspect her of anything do you? If she kicked your dog off a cliff in front of your eyes you'd claim it was a slip.  

She wouldn't do that. 

A part of me hopes she has said something and the team agreed. 

Have certain folk going bannanas. 

"Scotland team forced on to one  knee" will be the crackpot bbc headline. 

Probably photoshop her with a fake hat. 

Only arseholes can't seperate football from politics, most of them follow Glasgow teams, but not all. 

Also, Racism as a global issue is not politics, far more deep rooted and cultural than just politics. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I agree and It's all so obvious, but a topic for the shed. 

Colonel Kurtz
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I feel you are just one big massive  @@@@  amd most of it would go right over yer heid 

• davemclaren locked this topic