SPFL Fixtures announced ( updated )

5-1Jambo

Fixtures announced next Tuesday. Guessing we will be given a tough start for having the audacity to stand up to the SFA/SPFL. 

Guessing first 4 fixtures:

Celtic away

Aberdeen at home

Hibs away

Rangers at home. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martoon

• Pasquale for King

• Stu_HMFC

• Smoked-Glass

Raymond Reddington

May be best to get Celtic early on. I have this strange feeling also if we get Rangers at Tynie and they are still unbeaten we will take the streak just like we did Celtics.

1 minute ago, Raymond Reddington said:

May be best to get Celtic early on. I have this strange feeling also if we get Rangers at Tynie and they are still unbeaten we will take the streak just like we did Celtics.

Hope you are right. We need to make Tynie a fortress again. 

25 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Fixtures announced next Tuesday. Guessing we will be given a tough start for having the audacity to stand up to the SFA/SPFL. 

Celtic away

Aberdeen at home

Hibs away

Rangers at home. 

Not likely to get Celtic at Parkhead as Rangers, and ourselves, should be at home on the opening day. Could get them at Tynecastle, though.

Hearts v. Dundee Utd is my feeling then Celtic away.

First derby isn't usually until October which, theoretically, would be at Tynecastle with the ER return on Jan 1/2.

All guess work, of course, and probably way off the mark. 😊

John Findlay
1 minute ago, martoon said:

Not likely to get Celtic at Parkhead as Rangers, and ourselves, should be at home on the opening day. Could get them at Tynecastle, though.

Hearts v. Dundee Utd is my feeling then Celtic away.

First derby isn't usually until October which, theoretically, would be at Tynecastle with the ER return on Jan 1/2.

All guess work, of course, and probably way off the mark. 😊

Think you will find the 1st derby is very often in August.

Just now, John Findlay said:

Not recently, John.

October, December and March has been the case the last few years. 

Doesn't mean it still will pan out like that, of course, but certainly has been the case since Hibs came up for the 2017/18 season.

David McCaig

I'm assuming that we are guaranteed being at home for the first game of the season to allow the unfurling of the Championship flag.

The fixtures are compiled by a USA company, I believe.

Would very much like to hear Doncaster telling them beforehand that Celtic must not be at home on Remembrance weekend and why.

Boyces beard

Im thinking St Johnstone at home followed by a trip to Aberdeen.  One thing is for sure we need to get off to a good start.

Just now, David McCaig said:

I'm assuming that we are guaranteed being at home for the first game of the season to allow the unfurling of the Championship flag.

Theoretically, yes.

With rubber face Donc in attendance if tradition is observed.

45 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Celtic away

Aberdeen at home

Hibs away

Rangers at home. 

Home first game of the season being the champions of the championship. 

14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I'm getting an opening day Edinburgh derby vibe

Remember that season Hearts Hibs was first game of the season and it was a Monday night i'm sure we got beat that game waiting all summer for that Lithuanian forward to play and he was shyte. 

Forever Hearts
28 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

When was the last August derby? 

professorfate

I can’t wait for the fixtures to be released and I have been holding off on my holidays at work because I can’t work when there is a derby. I don’t know about other people but I am absolutely jumping before a hearts vs hibs game.

John Findlay
34 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

2014-15 season, we won 2-1 from a Sam Nicholson screamer and Prince Bauben penalty.

Anyone else feel like we’ve never been out the league. I think not actually going to Tynie has made last season a bit surreal, like it just didn’t happen.

I reckon we’ll get an Aberdeen away to start, Ross County home, Hibs away, Celtic home, Ranger away.... out of the random computer!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

St Johnstone at home

Good day for the fixtures, either bury the Scotland result from Monday or bounce off the glorious resurrection of the National game (though I still say its golf myself :) )

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

They will be prioritising Celtic and Rangers fixtures as we speak.

Remember the first old firm fixture was in the last round of fixtures last season. Pure coincidence we were told. Nothing to do with stretching it out as far as possible in the hope that Celtic could have their fans in their ground after Covid.

That plan, like a few of their other schemes, didn't work.

Mars plastic
1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Remember that season Hearts Hibs was first game of the season and it was a Monday night i'm sure we got beat that game waiting all summer for that Lithuanian forward to play and he was shyte. 

2007. I was still walking up to my seat when Brian Kerr scored. Bennusis, or something, was the boy's name.

4 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

2007. I was still walking up to my seat when Brian Kerr scored. Bennusis, or something, was the boy's name.

That's the guy. I can remind Brian Kerr goal celebration too. And Hibs loan keeper from Chelsea in goals too 

Mars plastic
3 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

That's the guy. I can remind Brian Kerr goal celebration too. And Hibs loan keeper from Chelsea in goals too 

I had to leave early as I had a severe fear going on from being out the Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Smoked-Glass

1st game of the new format league in July 2000 was hearts v hibs 0-0.  The last game of 99-00 was also hearts v hibs 2-1. 

I'd like to see them start the season with an old firm game 😇

Edited by Smoked-Glass

Smoked-Glass
2 hours ago, professorfate said:

I can’t wait for the fixtures to be released and I have been holding off on my holidays at work because I can’t work when there is a derby. I don’t know about other people but I am absolutely jumping before a hearts vs hibs game.

Yep.. At least 3 coming up 

Gotta feeling one of the cups may throw up a Derby too. 

Let's take a random guess:

Rangers v Dundee.

Hearts v St Mirren.

Livingston v Celtic.

Dundee United v Hibs.

Aberdeen v St Johnstone

Motherwell v Ross County

Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (Championship) were all August.

Since Hibs came back up, 2017 & 2018 were October and 2019 was September.

Going back to 2009 & 2010 we had to wait until November!

So anyone's guess.

Hopefully the January 1/2 fixtures will be.

Hibs v. Hearts

Celtic v. Rangers

Dundee v. Dundee Utd

Ross v. Aberdeen 

Livingston v. Motherwell 

St. Mirren v. St. Johnstone 

Or vice versa. But I'm assuming it will be Hibs' turn to get the festive home advantage. 

Having said that we'll probably end up at Dingwall on New Year's day.

36 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Correct, 30 July, my birthday. I was melted, it was a crap game and it pissed down. 

Sure it was roasting.  Sat in N.  Agate wo went to Celtic missed an open goal  ?

Smoked-Glass
2 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Correct, 30 July, my birthday. I was melted, it was a crap game and it pissed down. 

It was sunny.  Hibs missed open goal 

Opening day 2000/01 was roasting.

Another memory I have is loads of scruffy Oasis fans wandering around the city centre like zombies. 

I think they'd played Murrayfield the day before.

We'll open up in Perth.  Quite an emotional occasion for our new manager.

3-0 Hearts.

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

I did say I was melted😂

A good few pints and a couple of paper aeroplanes on the way to the game!

My ST was in the wheatfield at the time so maybe being in the shade ‘clouded’ my judgement. 

It was definitely pissing down on New Year’s Day 1984. I was in the south enclosure and it was dripping down my neck from the roof of the stand! 1-1 draw. Donald Park for us, Willie Irvine for them about 30 seconds later. 

That New Year game was a farce, BB. All day rain and huge puddles on the pitch. 

I remember the wild celebrations in the shed when Parky curled in the opener. All leaping about like loons when a lone voice shouted "look at this".

Looked up just in time to see Irvine equalise up at the Gorgie Road end. Our celebration stopped cold dead and theirs immediately started.

Also recall Hibs missing a late sitter and, iirc, Robbo through on goal just after. He rolled the ball past Rough but it slowed down in the muddy 6 yard box and stopped near the line.

Cue a load of maroon and green jerseys racing to the now stationary ball but sadly a Hibby got there first.

Also remember a brawl between rival fans just along from the Diggers that I got caught up in.

I was only 15.

Where did all the time go. 😄

Edited by martoon

2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I was 13. Great days. Our team fought tooth and nail back then. 

They ****ing better do the same next year!

Aye.

Hearts derby performances/results v. Hibs under Neilson are a bit troubling.

Hopefully that wonderful semi win will prove a turning point.

Hate losing to those underlings.

Feckin HATE it.

The Treasurer

I'm guessing the first bigot fest will be put back as far as possible to allow for a full house for the "greatest game in the history of the world" 

Biffa Bacon
8 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Remember the first old firm fixture was in the last round of fixtures last season. Pure coincidence we were told. Nothing to do with stretching it out as far as possible in the hope that Celtic could have their fans in their ground after Covid.

That plan, like a few of their other schemes, didn't work.

After Lennon demanding it should be pushed back to allow fans to attend.

August Landmesser

If fans are back in the grounds, I'd like Aberdeen at Tynie, they're one of my favourite big games, usually a decent atmosphere with no bigotry, and we usually pump them.

If fans are not back, then I don't give a **** who we play

allystrachan
18 hours ago, martoon said:

The fixtures are compiled by a USA company, I believe.

Would very much like to hear Doncaster telling them beforehand that Celtic must not be at home on Remembrance weekend and why.

Could you imagine if a conversation like that was secretly recorded & leaked. It’s probably what Scottish football would need actually. Might make the authorities make some real change. 

Home to St Mirren or Ross County on the first day then away to Celtic the second I’d imagine. 

41 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

Could you imagine if a conversation like that was secretly recorded & leaked. It’s probably what Scottish football would need actually. Might make the authorities make some real change. 

Home to St Mirren or Ross County on the first day then away to Celtic the second I’d imagine. 

I think you're right.

High time the disgrace that is Celtic, and Rangers, was fully exposed to the world.

To say nothing of Scotland's accommodating press, media and footballing administrators.

None of the above have ever lifted a significant finger to tackle sectarianism head on.

I notice on the dotnut equivalent of this thread there is a boast about Hearts not finishing above Hibs in the Premier for a decade.

Aye, just ignore 2014 when they only finished above us as we started on -15. The following season in the Championship when we were 21 points ahead and the two which followed when they were a league below us.

That they've finished above us the last 4 seasons is wholly unacceptable but we've still won more derbies than them during that period (6-4) including another Hampden triumph.

Pity the poor Hibby, scrabbling about on the floor for derby crumbs.

Smoked-Glass
2 hours ago, martoon said:

I notice on the dotnut equivalent of this thread there is a boast about Hearts not finishing above Hibs in the Premier for a decade.

Aye, just ignore 2014 when they only finished above us as we started on -15. The following season in the Championship when we were 21 points ahead and the two which followed when they were a league below us.

That they've finished above us the last 4 seasons is wholly unacceptable but we've still won more derbies than them during that period (6-4) including another Hampden triumph.

Pity the poor Hibby, scrabbling about on the floor for derby crumbs.

Ignoring facts is one of the qualities of hibs fans.  You have to be able to do it to become one. 

4 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Ignoring facts is one of the qualities of hibs fans.  You have to be able to do it to become one. 

Unquantifiable fantasy is how they roll game, SG.

It's all they have.

The Treasurer
39 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Doesn't matter which way round we play each other, we have to play everyone anyway. 

Normally I would agree, but the way things are just now, I'd rather play at places like darkhead or ibroke when they are empty. 

Smoked-Glass
2 hours ago, martoon said:

Unquantifiable fantasy is how they roll game, SG.

It's all they have.

They will win the next Derby.  It's like tomorrow never comes 🤣

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL Fixtures announced ( updated )