Buying alcohol from Amazon

Nucky Thompson

Nucky Thompson

Saw a good deal for a decent wine on Amazon so bought 12 bottles.

Delivered in 2 days, all fairly efficient.

The driver delivered it today, but asked me for ID. I asked him if he was having a laugh as I'm 54 years old.

He had me flapping around looking for photo ID :vangry: 

I was ready just to tell him to feck off and ram it, but I managed to keep my cool.

I would understand it if my son had answered the door

I had some alcohol delivered today.

I wasn't in to ID so they didn't deliver.

Thankfully they came back about 7 when I was in.

heartsfc_fan

Had a similar experience with Amazon. Driver actually looked a bit embarrassed to ask but I guess it's company policy.

I got my Beer52 monthly sub and the box tends to get left in the door step and the driver is back in the van before I actually come to the door. Obviously don't care 😂

Can get beers from a local takeaway and the driver's don't care to ask for ID either.

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Got some whisky sent to me as a gift from a mate a couple of weeks ago. It was a surprise, so when the lad asked for ID I thought it a bit odd.

Apparently they cannot release the parcel until they scan the ID, nothing to do with your youthful countenance, sadly :) 

It must just be an Amazon policy. I got 3 bottles of Whitely Neil Gin delivered from the drop store last week, no hassle.

26 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Had a similar experience with Amazon. Driver actually looked a bit embarrassed to ask but I guess it's company policy.

I got my Beer52 monthly sub and the box tends to get left in the door step and the driver is back in the van before I actually come to the door. Obviously don't care 😂

Can get beers from a local takeaway and the driver's don't care to ask for ID either.

same for me re the beer deliveries, i've had multiple deliveries over the last year (me supporting independent breweries) and not once asked for ID. the same if i order from master of malt

It is indeed Amazon company policy. Drivers have to ask for ID regardless of the age of the person.

Common sense should prevail but delivery drivers have lost their jobs in the past from Amazon as they've handed over parcels without asking for ID.

Heard of a story where the driver was delivering a kids set of plastic cutlery and had to ask for ID as it contained a blade!  :jj_facepalm:

William H. Bonney

When I vaped I had to provide id to the Amazon delivery guy for my oils.

Had to give id today for a package that contained a Stanley knife. 

Thems the rules with Amazon (my Mum in her 80s was asked for ID for some alcohol that they delivered). Please don't take it out on the drivers.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The driver delivered it today, but asked me for ID. I asked him if he was having a laugh as I'm 54 years old.

I was ready just to tell him to feck off and ram it, but I managed to keep my cool.

What do expect if you have boyish looks.

:lol:

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

You youthful looking devil.

He is, actually. With that olive hue of the Levant.

They don’t do it all the time. I like to buy Stolly vodka from Amazon and some ask for ID while others ask for your DOB. A guy just before Xmas, stood back, asked me to put my passport on the step and take a few steps back so he could look at it. Understandable I suppose but felt a bit ridiculous. 

Edited by GinRummy

21 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Im a delivery driver and we sometimes get parcels that ask for proof of age, I’ve never once asked anyone for ID. Driver sounds like a jobsworth 😂

Tommy Brown

Confession time:

Came home from work to find a Laithewaites box of wine (24 bottles) under my patio table.

Deilivered in error obviously.

I remains intact in my spare room (just never get round to dealing with it).:oopsoops:

Had some cider delivered by Amazon today. The guy asked for ID and I showed him my driving licence. He didn't look closely enough at it to read any details, just asked me my DOB and first name.   (12 bottles Henry Weston's Vintage for £16.25. Cracking price.)

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Confession time:

Came home from work to find a Laithewaites box of wine (24 bottles) under my patio table.

I remains intact in my spare room (just never get round to dealing with it).:oopsoops:

10 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Confession time:

when you say dealing with it, do you mean doing a keith floyd?

Tommy Brown
12 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

when you say dealing with it, do you mean doing a keith floyd?

I think ive had them about 18 months now.

Harry Potter
14 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Confession time:

yer a wrong un tommy, jokin pal,  enjoy it