***EURO 2020 - Turkey vs Italy***

Cade

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Monday, but yes, must win that game No matter what happens at Wembley 

Yup, don't beat the Czechs and we're up against it. I'm not expecting much tbh, just hope being at home makes some difference. 

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JackLadd

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• Homme

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Italy World Cup record

Did not enter 1930

Did not qualify 1958, 2018

Group Stage 1950, 1954, 1962, 1966, 1974, 2010, 2014

Round of 16 1986, 2002

Quarter Final 1998

Fourth Place 1978

Third Place 1990

Runner Up 1970, 1994

Winners 1934, 1938, 1982, 2006

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Yup, don't beat the Czechs and we're up against it. I'm not expecting much tbh, just hope being at home makes some difference. 

Think if we beat the Czechs, we’d possibly only need a point to qualify in 3rd. Whoever loses between England and Croatia, we’ll probably have to beat also to finish 2nd. I’m leaning toward a draw being the best result in that game, then a win for us puts us in a driving seat of sorts.

On 10/06/2021 at 21:15, Homme said:

They're no mugs but they're no Italy.

Comfortable for the Italians.

Called it :lol:

Turkey were awful!  0 shots on target! :vrface:

Fancied them as well, they have a couple of good attackers, but they were on the defensive for 90 minutes! 

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

Fancied them as well, they have a couple of good attackers, but they were on the defensive for 90 minutes! 

They were disappointing no doubt. A couple of good wins ove the Netherlands and Norway have skewed some opinions I think. 

That said Italy didn't give them a sniff tonight and they're by no means out of it.

40 minutes ago, Homme said:

They were disappointing no doubt. A couple of good wins ove the Netherlands and Norway have skewed some opinions I think. 

That said Italy didn't give them a sniff tonight and they're by no means out of it.

Definitely, especially with Çalhanoglu and Yilmaz, I thought they would do much better than they did tonight. 

Their defence was suspect all night long. Wales will be licking their lips, especially with 3rd place potentially getting through! 

Turkey are a good side.

Italy were just superb tonight and made them look very ordinary.

(or, as stated in the preview, Turkey are only good in Qualifiers and pish in actual tournaments)

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Tbf Italy played well Turkey played poorly. 

Italy scored more than 2goals for the first time ever at the Euros the commentator said. Very different style under Mancini was good to watch. Difficult to judge them properly though I think

Anyone else notice how impeccably the Italians took their first touch and controlled the ball?

Looked like the ball stuck to their feet at times. Great technical side no doubt.

I thought the Turkish team suffered a bit from first night nerves, tonight.

Thought Italy were very professional and will be a tough nut to crack.

Perth to Paisley
14 hours ago, Tazio said:

The catanacio thing has set the agenda for the British press for years. I got sick of it one season and checked the goals scored in Serie A and the EPL every week and there were a lot more high scoring games in Italy. If you believe the media it’s all 1-0 wins and 10 men behind the ball. 

I remember this ...

Clueless the lot of them

Forza calcio

🇮🇹

6 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Bloody well better not be.... bad enough already.

Wouldn’t worry about it too much. We’ve seen one game so far and one of the teams in it would blow England away.

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Anyone else notice how impeccably the Italians took their first touch and controlled the ball?

Looked like the ball stuck to their feet at times. Great technical side no doubt.

They always have been, what struck me when I first starting watching it was the crowd whistling if a defender hoofed it aimlessly up or out the park, whereas a lot of our fans cheer that.

I think they will go quite far in the tournament.