***EURO 2020 - Turkey vs Italy***

Cade

Not many fixtures between these two.

They've played eight times with Italy winning five and the other three have been draws.

Italy won the Euro 2000 fixture 2-1 in what was the only meeting at a major finals between the two. 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JackLadd

• Cade

• Mikey1874

• Homme

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wonder how much of the BBC commentary will be on the actual Turkey/Italy game and how much will be about England?

50/50 I reckon.

15 hours ago, Morgan said:

Since it’s turned into a ‘who’s going to win the tournament thread, instead of the intended Turkey v Italy thread.:

I hope France get knocked out as soon as possible. Italy get humiliated as soon as possible and that England (apart from in the game against us) do ok.

Turkey v Italy?   2-2 is my prediction.

If they get their heads on, France are the best team in this by a distance. Between them And the usual suspects Germany Belgium England and Italy it’s all about mentality and how to navigate a major tournament. To me only France and Germany know how to do that.

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Wonder how much of the BBC commentary will be on the actual Turkey/Italy game and how much will be about England?

50/50 I reckon.

I'll go for 3 England mentions in first 15 minutes of playing time, the 30 minute build up will be the usual gut wrenching 3 lions pish. And for an entire competition forecast I predict 1966 to make it into the conversation 9 times. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

10 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I'll go for 3 England mentions in first 15 minutes of playing time, the 30 minute build up will be the usual gut wrenching 3 lions pish. And for an entire competition forecast I predict 1966 to make it into the conversation 9 times. 

I’m adopting my WC 2018 method of game watching. No pre-match, no half time and no post-match. Any information I don’t already know about all the teams is easy to find out.

Everyone to their own but it puzzles me when people get in a state about the English media during tournaments.

Just don’t listen to it !

Stuck with some inane rambling during the game but easy to zone out of their insufferable nonsense.

It worked for me in 2018. Give it a go.

Favourite stat of the tournament so far;

England have only ever won one match at the knock-out stages of the Euros, and that was 0-0 and went to penalties.

:jjyay:

Edited by Cade

Haven't seen or heard from Italian pundit Gabrielle Marcotti recently who I enjoy listening to on all things Italian football, best keep it woke before we hear from a guy that speaks 5 languages and knows the Italian scene inside out. Worst pundits ever actually. 

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Favourite stat of the tournament so far;

England have only ever won one match at the knock-out stages of the Euros, and that was 0-0 and went to penalties.

:jjyay:

Aye, I mind that. An absolutely dreadful Spanish team. 

3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Haven't seen or heard from Italian pundit Gabrielle Marcotti recently who I enjoy listening to on all things Italian football, best keep it woke before we hear from a guy that speaks 5 languages and knows the Italian scene inside out. Worst pundits ever actually. 

Che cosa vorresti sapere ?

😂

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Boab said:

I’m adopting my WC 2018 method of game watching. No pre-match, no half time and no post-match. Any information I don’t already know about all the teams is easy to find out.

Everyone to their own but it puzzles me when people get in a state about the English media during tournaments.

Just don’t listen to it !

Stuck with some inane rambling during the game but easy to zone out of their insufferable nonsense.

It worked for me in 2018. Give it a go.

I'll have to leave the room though. The other half's from Burnley. 

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

I'll have to leave the room though. The other half's from Burnley. 

Ah well ! Just need to grin and bear it, mate.

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Ah well ! Just need to grin and bear it, mate.

To be fair she's good wi the kids and takes, oops, I'll not go there😁😁

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

To be fair she's good wi the kids and takes, oops, I'll not go there😁😁

😃

The old Tommy Cooper classic !

” Was up clearing out the attic with the wife yesterday. Dirty, cobwebs, but she’s good with the kids ! “

Byyy The Light

I've backed Italy to win the whole thing so I'll be watching with interest to see how they shape up.

Mon the Azzuri

1 hour ago, Cade said:

I'll tune in at 19:58 just in time for the anthems.

Totally ignoring the English press and all their gobshite.

You'll be disappointed when the commentary talks about them non stop.

Most likely we will hear about how this Italian team pose no threat to them.

Fully expecting the entire commentary to be about England and only actually about the Turkey/Italy game if someone scores/gets injured/red carded.

:lenny:

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

You'll be disappointed when the commentary talks about them non stop.

Most likely we will hear about how this Italian team pose no threat to them.

Remember they were gubbed by 300k population Iceland in the last tourney. Italy have slightly better players than these fisherman. 

Going round to my Turkish pals house to watch. Only problem is curfew starts at 10pm so will have to sneak back home after. Could be a problem as I'm taking a bottle of whisky round

Can someone fill me in on the venues for this tournament? As in, why is Italy playing games in Rome, and England playing potentially every single game at Wembley apart from the Quarter finals? We also have a game at Hampden. Does every team have a home game so to speak?

15 minutes ago, 151 said:

Can someone fill me in on the venues for this tournament? As in, why is Italy playing games in Rome, and England playing potentially every single game at Wembley apart from the Quarter finals? We also have a game at Hampden. Does every team have a home game so to speak?

Originally there was 13 Hosts as it's the 60th anniversary edition. 

It's also the first time it's had 24 teams playing 51 games so spreading it out also spread out the costs.

They weren't going to let 13 teams get a "hosts" automatic finals slot, so everybody had to qualify.

Hosts get between 2 and 3 home games in the group stages.

Thread linked above has most of the details.

Edited by Cade

4 nil to Italy. 

And I don't mind the English bias when Scotland are at the tournament. Especially if we pump them. 

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952fe707729a0ddb87884

Starting to get the buzz. :yas:

Any stats on how often Italy have played 4-3-3 in a major tournament.   Seems refreshing to see them set up to attack.    Although the midfield I guess isn't mostly attacking players.    I'm used to seeing 541, 451 or 352. 

Edited by HMFC01

Good Luck to both countries as I buy my fish supper from the Italian chippy and my kebab from marmaris that's why I'm cheering both countries. 

Nice to see the BBC intro cartoon thing began with Scotland and displayed it for a few seconds or so before skimming through the rest of the nations with England's cartoon thing somewhere in the middle of the reel shown for a mere brief second.

:Aye:

Edited by kila

7 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Good Luck to both countries as I buy my fish supper from the Italian chippy and my kebab from marmaris that's why I'm cheering both countries. 

No doubt a beer or two watching the match, oh, your guts in the morning... :jj_facepalm:

Three Englishmen and a Spaniard in the studio for this game. Can't wait for Eilidh Barbour to present some of the games on the BBC. Don't see why BBC Scotland couldn't have done their own studio for every game...

At least we've got McCoist's commentary to look forward to with the ITV games.

Edited by kila

Beers chillin in the fridge for KO, homemade burgers for tea tonight, the dug's been walked... Yaasss! settling down for a month of fitba, fun and festivity. 

And also the Scotland matches...  COME ON BOYS !!!!! image.jpeg.ab6d7a4e2d0601f797b0810783e0a5b1.jpeg

All about England on the BBC just now. 

Hopefully there's as much when they all turn on them. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Shut yer holes ya wanks

Youz have only won one knock out game in the history of the tournament!
And that was a 0-0 draw that went to pens.
And you didn't have to qualify that time.

Edited by Cade

1 hour ago, 151 said:

There’s 24 nations in it and 11 nations hosting.

Check out Cades overview thread on the tourney.

This will be an unusual game. Less players playing in England. Sure we'll hear about how good Reece James and Mason Mount are though. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Christ. This cartoon effect team news, is going to look bad for McGinn.

Will be like a Picasso painting.

He was in the intro cartoon but only for a brief moment. Maybe that's why Scotland were thrown in the middle otherwise it'd be a >9pm requirement

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Christ. This cartoon effect team news, is going to look bad for McGinn.

Will be like a Picasso painting.

Surely be an improvement for Banjo Boy ?

They don't seem to be showing any of the opening ceremony on BBC, not that I'm bothered, not usually my thing, but just found it a bit odd.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

He's already cubist, to be fair.

Hmmm... a cubist arse ?  Could be a whole new genre of ar(s)t(e).

1 minute ago, whodanny said:

They don't seem to be showing any of the opening ceremony on BBC, not that I'm bothered, not usually my thing, but just found it a bit odd.

Lineker just answered my question. It's on the red button.