New Hibs top - have they Hibs'd it again???

Batistuta87

"This is our city" and they show a map showing their neighbours at Seafield Sewage Works and the Leith red light district. 

Hahahahahahaha..

:facepalm:

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martoon

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No north arrow.

No scale.

No key.

As a qualified Geography teacher I have to say their map is lacking.....just like their team.

Abomination of a top, they really are a disgrace with no shame. I'd love for them to explain how it's their city and even better, why they took the photo next to the Heart of Midlothian?

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Is this 'Hibernian Edinburgh' badge new?

The spaghetti covered top is one thing, but though it may well have been discussed at great length before, can I ask if Hibs have changed their name from 'Hibernian FC' to 'Hibernian Edinburgh'? I seem to remember, pre internet days, an argument about whether or not they were 'Edinburgh Hibernian FC' or just 'Hibernian FC' and it being made clear (by the club) they'd always been plain 'Hibernian FC', but now it would appear they are, either, 'Hibernian Edinburgh' or, just as TRFC felt the need to add 1872 to the back their tops to lie about their heritage, they, for some reason, feel the need to emphasise that they are an Edinburgh club.

Anyone know why, and when, they added the name of our city to their badge?

PS Not suggesting it's wrong of them to do this, just find it a bit odd.

1 hour ago, Savage Vince said:

What a bizarre thing to do with a football strip. 😬

Thinks it’s a reference to their “we own this city” shite! 😂

Also.....

Now that I think about it. A map for a strip is actually quite apt for them.

They both fold easily.

(I'll space my map jokes out for a day or two.......)

Forza Cuore
15 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aww man they just can't do anything right can they 😂

I think there is Hearts man planted in Hibs comms team 🤔 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Sertse said:

Abomination of a top, they really are a disgrace with no shame. I'd love for them to explain how it's their city and even better, why they took the photo next to the Heart of Midlothian?

Probably because they don't know Edinburgh all that well.

Салатные палочки

"This is Our City" will definitely, 100% never, ever, EVER, come back to bite them on the arse. 

23 minutes ago, How's my driving said:

The Royal Mile, where the Heart of Midlothian is🤣

How apt, Hibs a bit down from Heart of Midlothian.

24 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Its Jamie Murphy lol. They must have signed him permanently, because he was only on loan from Rangers last season. Unless they've ****ed that up as well. 

👍

Just noticed that Lochend is near his armpits.

How appropriate.

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

This is our city. 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Still trying to convince themselves.:laugh:

20 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Also.....

Now that I think about it. A map for a strip is actually quite apt for them.

They both fold easily.

(I'll space my map jokes out for a day or two.......)

🤣👏

46 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

In recent years they really do seem to have been pushing the Edinburgh identity thing.  

Halfwits. 

Some of the best laughs on dotnut can be found on their occasional identity threads. 

Lots of Irish/Scottish bickering and, ultimately, they're still none the wiser.

What a ludicrous, mixed up, derby rival gift of wee club they are.

Byyy The Light
39 minutes ago, How's my driving said:

The Royal Mile, where the Heart of Midlothian is🤣

Is that not the point?  They're taking over the City but having their image blocking out the Heart of Midlothian so inferring they have taken over?

2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Is that not the point?  They're taking over the City but having their image blocking out the Heart of Midlothian so inferring they have taken over?

Nah, they're just daft.

31 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Trying to convince myself it’s a photoshop job?  Please don’t let it be though. :rofl: 

Hagar the Horrible

Is Albion Road on the backside?

If I was to ever win the Euro Millions  I am going to sponsor them and make them wear Hibsed-it

How's my driving
7 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

If Easter Road is covered by the badge, I think that your thinking gives them to much credit 

10 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

They could maybe lay claim to Edinburgh if they’d rubber stamped themselves over a period of time as “the best of the rest” and were 3rd quite a few times, as well as dominating the derby.  

They’ve did neither. They’ve been 3rd 3 times in 20 years.  Look at their league record since 2010.  Plagued with relegation battles and 3 Seasons in the Championship.

Only they’d have the brass neck to shout about “owning the city” while having a shite record. :rofl: 

Edited by Debut 4

OmiyaHearts

This is our city is up there with our Only Hearts . Completely hollow message with nothing to justify them.

MarkDevriesScores4

Got to hand it to hibs. They’ve outdone themselves on vile kits this time. There’s no beating that 🤢

It's a Hibs top.  By default, it's absolute honking.  More so than a steaming pile of elephant excrement.

5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

This is our city is up there with our Only Hearts . Completely hollow message with nothing to justify them.

?

If our derby record was down 144-86, and we had been beaten more times at Tynecastle than we had won, and the last 2 occasions we played our rivals we bottled it at Hampden (AGAIN) and got pumped at home (AGAIN), the last thing I would be thinking was "this is our city". 

Especially when their name literally translates to Ireland, and play their home games in Leith.

Has a club ever got it so wrong?

Is it last months Scottish Cup winning parade route for the open-top bus?

Strange choice?

Ah, well.

bajthejambo

The mucky finger prints of Peruvian Ron all over it. Probably believes that if they make such claims, then people will be drawn to them.

There's no possible metric by which Hibs can consider Edinburgh their city.

54 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Is this 'Hibernian Edinburgh' badge new?

The spaghetti covered top is one thing, but though it may well have been discussed at great length before, can I ask if Hibs have changed their name from 'Hibernian FC' to 'Hibernian Edinburgh'? I seem to remember, pre internet days, an argument about whether or not they were 'Edinburgh Hibernian FC' or just 'Hibernian FC' and it being made clear (by the club) they'd always been plain 'Hibernian FC', but now it would appear they are, either, 'Hibernian Edinburgh' or, just as TRFC felt the need to add 1872 to the back their tops to lie about their heritage, they, for some reason, feel the need to emphasise that they are an Edinburgh club.

Anyone know why, and when, they added the name of our city to their badge?

PS Not suggesting it's wrong of them to do this, just find it a bit odd.

It might be for recognition out-with our own country (just a guess)?

Not many folk will ask, but it gives a location when someone does ask ... Who da feck are Hibernian FC?

Of course, we've been asking that for years! (centuries!).

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

I must admit the map of Edinburgh is a nice touch, but its got Tynecastle on it

What map of Edinburgh ? 

It's just a load of scribbles 😂😂😂

43 minutes ago, 151 said:

If our derby record was down 144-86, and we had been beaten more times at Tynecastle than we had won, and the last 2 occasions we played our rivals we bottled it at Hampden (AGAIN) and got pumped at home (AGAIN), the last thing I would be thinking was "this is our city". 

Especially when their name literally translates to Ireland, and play their home games in Leith.

Has a club ever got it so wrong?

Last 3 times surely

36 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

It might be for recognition out-with our own country (just a guess)?

Not many folk will ask, but it gives a location when someone does ask ... Who da feck are Hibernian FC?

Of course, we've been asking that for years! (centuries!).

To stop confusion with Hibernians FC of Malta

Edited by sadj

14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What map of Edinburgh ? 

It's just a load of scribbles 😂😂😂

Yh I thought the idea kinda ok but execution is bollox , would be a decent top for Hibs without it. Tbf whatever top they come out with its for us to wipe our feet on as we put them to the sword again and again and again , year after year , decade after decade