New League Sponsor

Rick Sanchez

Reasonably big company, part of the BCA/WBAC group, so should be for a decent sum.

Although with Doncaster's negotiating skills, probably not...

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Reasonably big company, part of the BCA/WBAC group, so should be for a decent sum.

Although with Doncaster's negotiating skills, probably not...

He probably managed to get us paying them to Sponsor the league.

But good to finally get a sponsor again. And as someone else pointed out, nice that it isn't a betting company.

Салатные палочки

Good that we managed to get a sponsor this time. 

Rylan presenting the trophy to Naisy at the end of the season will be a strange sight though. 

BackOfTheNet

Sponsor the Queens pre-Wimbledon tournament as well as some Cricket tournaments and teams I think. Also sponsor music festivals (TRNSMT one of them). Could be wrong but I think they may be sponsoring Spurs next season.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Sponsor the Queens pre-Wimbledon tournament as well as some Cricket tournaments and teams I think. Also sponsor music festivals (TRNSMT one of them). Could be wrong but I think they may be sponsoring Spurs next season.

We sponsor any sports…..

queensferryjambo

About ****ing time. 

It has been an absolute embarrassment that the flumps in charge at the SPFL could not get a sponsor for years. 

Now the SFA might want to try and get one for the Scottish Cup as I noticed that was also un-sponsored this season.

Hackney Hearts
8 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Sorry to talk brass tacs how much is it worth?

The only aspect of any interest - but it doesn't seem to feature anywhere in the dozen or so paragraphs.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not a great start to their partnership with England Cricket Twitter Team

Rogue Daddy

I liked this line 'this is the largest-ever sponsorship in the SPFL era'

...given that the SPFL is only 8 years old and we haven't had a sponsor for 5 of these years... it's not a huge claim.

Anyhoo, maybe now that the 'Lawwell' shackles are off, we'll see what donkey is really capable of. I'll not hold my breath.

OK, negativity over... at least we now have a sponsor.

Not that far away from Cringe. Sums up everything in the management of this organisation. Just perfect.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Not that far away from Cringe. Sums up everything in the management of this organisation. Just perfect.

What's wrong with them? I've never heard of them

2 minutes ago, farin said:

Nice to finally have a sponsor. Shame Doncaster is still with us to boast about it though. 

9875F1BE-4795-46F1-B053-0A72051C3040.thumb.jpeg.ed3419992278b99ee5ec8c4a1aa67310.jpeg

Flogging used cars, Doncaster has found his level.

32 minutes ago, farin said:

Nice to finally have a sponsor. Shame Doncaster is still with us to boast about it though. 

9875F1BE-4795-46F1-B053-0A72051C3040.thumb.jpeg.ed3419992278b99ee5ec8c4a1aa67310.jpeg

It will be absolute peanuts over 5 years but the undisclosed number will allow Doncaster to pretend he's some Warren Buffet.

I would also be very suprised if Cinch are still a business in 5 years, literally have just copied Cazoo business model but years behind.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Announced straight after Celtic new manager so not even the main story today. Amateur hour 

Timing was probably planned for a while. 

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, farin said:

Swiss Toni to hand out the trophies or GTF. 

130FC6ED-E81B-4CAF-A07D-E833A0B9923C.thumb.jpeg.b0d82c1f5dbbf55c3f956bbb57e547a0.jpeg

I only know of them through the used cars tv advert tbh, ask most fans who Cinch are & they probably wouldn’t have a clue I suspect. 

QED. 

Footballfirst

The sponsorship is reported as a record deal for the SPFL.

Ladbrokes initially signed a two year deal worth £4m starting in season 2015/16, extended it initially for a year to cover season 2017/18, then signed another two year deal worth £5m for seasons 2018/19 and 2019/20, before ending their sponsorship a year ago.

What constitutes a record deal is a moot point.  If it is on a like for like basis, it could be in excess of the total of £11m provided by Ladbrokes over five years. Alternatively it may only be in excess of £5m, being the largest individual deal agreed with Ladbrokes.

Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

image.png

the thing is you know rylan would do a more competent job than the man with a horrific coo's lick

Hungry hippo
21 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The sponsorship is reported as a record deal for the SPFL.

Ladbrokes initially signed a two year deal worth £4m starting in season 2015/16, extended it initially for a year to cover season 2017/18, then signed another two year deal worth £5m for seasons 2018/19 and 2019/20, before ending their sponsorship a year ago.

What constitutes a record deal is a moot point.  If it is on a like for like basis, it could be in excess of the total of £11m provided by Ladbrokes over five years. Alternatively it may only be in excess of £5m, being the largest individual deal agreed with Ladbrokes.

I strongly suspect they have used the £5m figure as the record deal benchmark.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

What happens to the money? Do we get any of it

I assume it just goes into the general funds then the prize pot. 

Do The Dance
5 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Was sort of right, not their main shirt sponsor but Spurs’ sleeve sponsor… 

Wonder how much more money they’ve given to Spurs than our league.

Lone Striker
6 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Good that we managed to get a sponsor this time. 

Rylan presenting the trophy to Naisy at the end of the season will be a strange sight though. 

😀 ....... quite a dazzling spectacle, especially if Elbows stands next to him. We'd need sun glasses. 😉  Rylan Clark-Neal shocks fans with rare picture alongside stepson Cam

18 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

Wonder how much more money they’ve given to Spurs than our league.

This would be very interesting to find out. 

Edit - found an extract:-

The precise financial terms of the contract have not been reported, but other ‘big six’ clubs have been able to make around UK£10 million (US$13.5 million) a year from their sleeve sponsorships. Chelsea’s five-year deal with carmaker Hyundai, for example, is worth a reported UK£50 million (US$67.4 million), while Spurs’ North London rivals Arsenal’s agreement with Visit Rwanda is purportedly valued at UK£30 million (US$40.5 million) over three years. 

Edited by Homme

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

What's wrong with them? I've never heard of them

I doubt many have. Used car sales - about sums up the level Doncaster and Co are at these days.   Cringeworthy  - but I suppose it is at least some money in the pot. 

davemclaren
26 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I doubt many have. Used car sales - about sums up the level Doncaster and Co are at these days.   Cringeworthy  - but I suppose it is at least some money in the pot. 

Is it not the SPL’s biggest sponsorship ever, or did I misread it?

Unknown user
27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Biggest in the spfl era, which as someone pointed out, is 8 years and it's been without a sponsor for 5 of them.

Oh, and it's never had a sponsor while both of the smellies were in the same division in that 8 year period.

It's not a massive accomplishment!

Edited by Smithee

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Biggest in the spfl era, which as someone pointed out, is 8 years and it's been without a sponsor for 5 of them.

Oh, and it's never had a sponsor while both of the smellies were in the same division in that 8 year period.

It's not a massive accomplishment!

Without knowing the numbers it’s hard to judge how massive it is…or not.  Anyway, any money is better than no money. 

132goals1958
42 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Its a cinch that will be another bonus in the pipeline for Doncaster.

So it's okay for the English cricket team yet some are on here moaning about being a sponsor of Scottish football

They are part of a larger business and that includes the webuyanycar business as well

Of course money is important but to try and act as though they are not a decent sized company is just wrong

Only a few will know the actual figures but having a sponsor is a good thing especially given the lack of one previously