Shay Logan

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Why the **** didn’t we sign this guy for his banter alone 😂

#cantpolishaturd

#scottbrown

Typical player more focused on his twitter account than doing the best for the team he plays for.

If I was the manager i'd have a blanket ban on all social media.

****ing childish to the core.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Typical player more focused on his twitter account than doing the best for the team he plays for.

erm, i dont believe he has a club just now

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

He doesn’t have a team to play for (or worry about what he tweets) so he can post whatever he wants

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

erm, i dont believe he has a club just now

He was at it when with us.  I am a grown adult so not on any social media sites like Twitter but people used to post his shit on here.

The jj era
5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

he wusnae shyte 

he would be next season tho.

In seriousness tho it's a bit cringe for him to be replying to old baldy celtic fans on Twitter 😂 

jamboinglasgow

Can see him signing for a part time team in the North East so he can focus more on his plumbing business. 

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Can see him signing for a part time team in the North East so he can focus more on his plumbing business. 

it would not surprise me if he signs for cove rangers

jamboinglasgow
Just now, milky_26 said:

it would not surprise me if he signs for cove rangers

Was thinking that, Cove Rangers could be ideal for him.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He was at it when with us.  I am a grown adult so not on any social media sites like Twitter but people used to post his shit on here.

Probably too busy worrying about unicorns. 

RustyRightPeg
9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Good thing he’s a free agent then.

FWIW I think he was very good for us but I’m glad he didn’t sign on, 33 year olds are not what we need.

Nookie Bear

33 years old or not, he looked as fit as a 23 year old but we are now stuck with Old Man Smith at right back for next season 👍🏻

#buzzing

16 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Cove Rangers this was covered months ago. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

33 years old or not, he looked as fit as a 23 year old but we are now stuck with Old Man Smith at right back for next season 👍🏻

#buzzing

He is a better RB than Smith no doubt, didn’t go back all the time and better crosser/passer. Having no

cover at RB is a bit of a worry going into the new season. 
Depending on his wages, travelling back and forward I can see why they didn’t sign him but a years deal might have turned out to be a good idea. 

kingantti1874

We should have signed him 100% he definitely wasn’t shit as suggested above. 

was a bizarre thing me, we brought the guy in and publicly stated this was with a view to a longer contract.  Then don’t offer him one becuase he was too old.

kingantti1874
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He is a better RB than Smith no doubt, didn’t go back all the time and better crosser/passer. Having no

Depending on his wages, travelling back and forward I can see why they didn’t sign him but a years deal might have turned out to be a good idea. 

Michael Smith is finished as a right back. Moving into the defence as part of a back 3 was perfect for him. 

36 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

#cantpolishaturd

#scottbrown

Lord Beni of Gorgie
36 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

#cantpolishaturd

#scottbrown

Was thinking the same actually! Another bit of juice to Sheep encounters

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Far better kit for them this year, mind you getting the dregs from Adidas as we once did is not commercially the best

A Shoreditch Heart

That was such a strange one really - A good squad player that would have been worth a one year deal I reckon

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Surely Aberdeen fans aren't happy at Brown being their poster boy.

Why@ He's as high profile in Scotland as they come?

54 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Eh, technically this forum is 'social media'.

Regarding Twitter et al, for a lot of players it forms large part of the PR they need to secure sponsorship and will be paid a fair chunk for sponsored posts also. Fair point though that this has nothing to do with Shay in this case, but if you banned it, you'd be breaching probably 90% of your players contracts.

jambopilms
7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Why@ He's as high profile in Scotland as they come?

He is a complete tool. TBF I have assumed his own fans hate him because I do.

Why anyone would criticise a player who came in and performed really well to get us over the line for slagging off Scott Brown is beyond me 

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

As ex vermin and Celtic of course we do.  Aberdeen probably not and dislike the like of Lafferty, Naismith moreso.

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

My 2 Aberdeen m8's think he's a good player and love his trolling of celtic and Brown. 

5 minutes ago, ericb said:

He wasn't mentioned as part of those returning to his parent club, which I thought was strange.

Out of contract, no club.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

You might say he didn't have to go back all the time because he had Smith behind him. Whereas Smith never had Smith behind him. No idea why. Another of Robbie's basic mistakes just to field only one Michael Smith.

That shaid, I'd have been happy for Shay to shtay a little longer.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Knowing Sammy and him I can tell you now he is 💯 focussed on giving his all for whoever he plays for. He keeps himself in impressive shape too even when hes out of favour. He works his arse off for his club

You can’t blanket ban social media its basically like meeting in the pub for a pint to younger players. It is a large part of their social integration(rightly or wrongly)

Edit: I see you’ve been schooled on other aspects too above 👍🏻

Edited by sadj

jambopilms
26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

My 2 Aberdeen m8's think he's a good player and love his trolling of celtic and Brown. 

I was saying Brown is a tool. 

I think the reason why we didn't sign him was financial and the age thing was just an excuse. Just a feeling because he looked in good nick, still quick, very fit, could play RWB, knew the role, so I can't see why age was the issue there. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think the reason why we didn't sign him was financial and the age thing was just an excuse. Just a feeling because he looked in good nick, still quick, very fit, could play RWB, knew the role, so I can't see why age was the issue there. 

Shouldn’t have been. His attitude was spot on and he was better than smith. That should have been the end of it

8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Wasn’t financial 👍🏻

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I was saying Brown is a tool. 

And you'd be correct. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'm here,  we probably think Smith is good for a year or two and we need strengthened in other areas. 

For me Smith as ch and Logan on the right made sense, but again if we are going with 2 at the back  a left sided ch is more important. 

9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I think we’ve made the right choice in not resigning him. 

Despite doing well when he came in, he wasn’t deemed good enough for Aberdeen. He’s another year older and isn’t even a medium term solution

We have been stung badly by ageing players, in the recent past and that plays into my thinking. 

Wish the guy all the best but I think it’s better we go in another direction.

He had contractual obligations that would have triggered for Aberdeen and cost them if he’d continued to be involved. Mr Aberdeen wasn’t having it

Edited by sadj

I was quite disappointed we didn't give him a year. He made a big difference when he came in. Good player. 

And feck Scott Brown and the sheepshaggers. 

Bazzas right boot

Gonna be good to hate lots of teams next season and Aberdeen have jumped near the top with their signing of Broonehh.