Celebrations for our 150th birthday in 2024

Fxxx the SPFL

The Natural Order

Maybe Budge will think about completing the share handover to FoH to mark the occasion.

8 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

I'd love to see it, but unless their are radical changes in Scottish football (financial capping/zillionaire backer/ Rangers and Celtic leaving etc) we will go another 150 years without winning it, as will all the other teams except Rangers and Celtic.

Refuse to accept that.

Tbf, it's a fingers in the ears, eyes screwed shut, total disregard for reality thing but, after Dens, I have to believe that Heart of Midlothian's day will come.

7 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Invite the Rangers

Good idea.  It could be a joint celebration with their 10th anniversary.

Francis Albert

I remember the Spurs friendly well and I think I still.have the programme somewhere. That game is what I remember as the centenary celebration.

Doubt we could attract Spurs to Tynie  these days. 

Maybe Brora?

Francis Albert
55 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

Maybe Budge will think about completing the share handover to FoH to mark the occasion.

I think it is up to FOH really. 

Francis Albert

As I remember the crowd at the Spurs centenary game was disappointing - 12000 or so? Poor for such a big occasion.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

As I remember the crowd at the Spurs centenary game was disappointing - 12000 or so? Poor for such a big occasion.

Bobby Seith was manager though. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Nikoliunas said:

Red, white and blue hooped home strips that season

Original colours were all white with maroon trimmings. Much more pleasing to the eye. 

John Findlay
12 hours ago, martoon said:

Particularly enjoy the Irvine Welsh fantasy that thousand of Hibs, on hearing the HT news, made the journey from Leith etc. to replace all the Hearts who had left.

A particular achievement for the cloven hoofed unborn.

As a 9yrs old boy there on my own, wasnt 10 until the April, who stayed to the end, I can justifiably say that the Muirhoose whoore is talking complete shite.

19 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

I remember our first match in 1974 against Motherwell we had some sort of muted 100th celebration i think. I know it's three years away but anyone like to suggest ideas for that historical landmark.

2024?

What will you be wearing to the celebration?

Fxxx the SPFL
6 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

2024?

What will you be wearing to the celebration?

not sure what your were we not founded in 1874 + 150 = 2024 am i missing something

davemclaren
5 hours ago, poultry said:

A big celebratory flag for 151 years I think would be very good. Won five won. 😂

:robbo:

1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

not sure what your were we not founded in 1874 + 150 = 2024 am i missing something

Yes.

ITS AGES UNTIL 2024!!!

been here before

Glamour friendly against the bawbags from Maryhill: our newest bestest biggest shiniest specialiest friends in the whole wide world.

I know it's been thrashed to death but I do think naming stands would be a fitting commemoration.

For me, to represent the past, the McRaes Battalion stand would be entirely appropriate and the Foundation stand representing the present and future.

Maybe Hearts could take the initiative to ask supporters how they think the occasion could be commemorated.

Fxxx the SPFL
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yes.

ITS AGES UNTIL 2024!!!

apologies i was at a loose end 

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yes.

ITS AGES UNTIL 2024!!!

For some of us of a certain age it does not seem so long.

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I know it's been thrashed to death but I do think naming stands would be a fitting commemoration.

For me, to represent the past, the McRaes Battalion stand would be entirely appropriate and the Foundation stand representing the present and future.

Maybe Hearts could take the initiative to ask supporters how they think the occasion could be commemorated.

Sorry but I hate naming stands after individuals. It is always invidious. Even the most obvious one Mcraes Battalion seems a bit unworthy to those it might claim to honour. As for Foundation Stand? Surely the cubs continued existence is enough.

31 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry but I hate naming stands after individuals. It is always invidious. Even the most obvious one Mcraes Battalion seems a bit unworthy to those it might claim to honour. As for Foundation Stand? Surely the cubs continued existence is enough.

I appreciate it's a topic which brings about many different opinions.  I have misgivings about the Jardine stand at ibrox.

Quite probably, the status quo is the best option but even then, some would query why we would name a stand after a pop group.

11 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Quite probably, the status quo is the best option but even then, some would query why we would name a stand after a pop group.

You wee beauty!

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

For some of us of a certain age it does not seem so long.

Now you say it, I see what you mean. 

7 hours ago, Morgan said:

You wee beauty!

Or, the Kiwidoug gave the Heineken an absolute thrashing when McGowan knocked in the 4th stand.

That's got a ring to it and I can absolutely promise that it's got far more than a ring of truth to it.