Chief executive speaks

Clerry Jambo

Byyy The Light
5 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

He’s been a little bit disingenuous there.

the fans saved the club, fund the club and tolerate the multitude of mistakes made by the board. All that is asked is frequent open and honest communication which I think we’ve rarely had during the mess of the last 3-4 years. 

if (and it’s a big if) we start winning most weeks with quality signings and a youth squad to rival any in the country, I’ll be happy for him to be quiet in the background. Until then I think we are all due the courtesy of frequent transparency. Not just when a new kit needs sold or season ticket renewals are due. 

Mind when Ann tried that and everyone starting keeping a league table

of statements and said she shouldn’t be making so many? 

And people picked everything apart with microscopic detail and made wild

assumptions and filled in gaps that existed in their minds with complete nonsense?

Anyway my point is it’s IMPOSSIBLE to keep everyone happy so they are damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

Personally I couldn’t give a monkeys if I never heard a statement from the club ever again. That’s just me though. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Nookie Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

Greedy Jambo

He's not involved in the football side of things (what a joke)

Savage is the man to ask questions. 

Could he not have told us a wee bit about Damours' future or Ginnellys' recovery.

In fairness, he's probably bound by strict G10 secrecy protocols.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, McCrae said:

Communication with the fans is one of the main requirements of his job. He needs to be ready to do this or it just wont work. 

He's literally doing this right now in this interview.

Guest ToqueJambo
44 minutes ago, iainmac said:

We didn't hear from him after the Brora or Alloa cup defeats so I think your logic is a bit flawed.

Do we really need statements from every suit at hearts after every bad defeat? We all know it was a bad defeat. Do platitudes from suits help in any way? Why do we need to hear them say what a bad defeat it was and how it should never happen again and it's not acceptable when we all know that?

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Could he not have told us a wee bit about Damours' future or Ginnellys' recovery.

In fairness, he's probably bound by strict G10 secrecy protocols.

Finally we've found the club's mole on JKB. Sir G10! @Sir Gio

34 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Finally we've found the club's mole on JKB. Sir G10! @Sir Gio

Hed make a better mole at Aberdeen tbf :thumbsup:

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

He's not involved in the football side of things (what a joke)

Savage is the man to ask questions. 

He is overseeing the football side now as well. 

Toxteth O'Grady

Far too many layers of management who don’t really help results but draw a wage. A big clear out of Budges buddies is needed.

portobellojambo1

The initial part of the statement was just a standard sort of response in my opinion. Going forward, if we don't hear much from him it will suggest that footballing matters are going well, and fans will be able to tell that for themselves from what happens on the park.

He will be playing the role of the CEO, but I'm interested in the fact he says as well as him being the CEO Ann Budge will retain the position of Chair of the board. The latter part I'd question, at the moment she is the Chair person, based on a board elected by Bidco. Once the shareholding changes hands my feeling is that although Ann Budge, through her personal shareholding, would be entitled to be offered a position on the new board, however, a decision needs to then be made on who should be the Chair person of the board going forward. Ann Budge can't decide who is going to hold that position following that shareholding changing hands, I'd think something like a special meeting of the shareholders should be called to decide on that, or at the very least the CEO should make the decision. And who he does choose would give us more of an idea of the sort of person he is.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The initial part of the statement was just a standard sort of response in my opinion. Going forward, if we don't hear much from him it will suggest that footballing matters are going well, and fans will be able to tell that for themselves from what happens on the park.

He will be playing the role of the CEO, but I'm interested in the fact he says as well as him being the CEO Ann Budge will retain the position of Chair of the board. The latter part I'd question, at the moment she is the Chair person, based on a board elected by Bidco. Once the shareholding changes hands my feeling is that although Ann Budge, through her personal shareholding, would be entitled to be offered a position on the new board, however, a decision needs to then be made on who should be the Chair person of the board going forward. Ann Budge can't decide who is going to hold that position following that shareholding changing hands, I'd think something like a special meeting of the shareholders should be called to decide on that, or at the very least the CEO should make the decision. And who he does choose would give us more of an idea of the sort of person he is.

Under company law the board decide on the chair. 

portobellojambo1
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Under company law the board decide on the chair. 

So, in theory we will have to wait until such time as the shareholding has changed hands to then see if the major shareholding then feels changes need to be made to the overall board. I know it is still going to be HMFC going forward, but it still, to me, represents a significant change of situation, not a new club or anything but a significant change, which may require an EGM being called by that new major shareholding.

davemclaren
Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

So, in theory we will have to wait until such time as the shareholding has changed hands to then see if the major shareholding then feels changes need to be made to the overall board. I know it is still going to be HMFC going forward, but it still, to me, represents a significant change of situation, not a new club or anything but a significant change, which may require an EGM being called by that new major shareholding.

If FoH ( as major shareholder )  wanted to overrule the board they could put an egm in motion but nothing indicates to me that’s at all likely. I do agree getting a new chair in would be a positive thing though as it would mark it as a fresh start. 

portobellojambo1
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If FoH ( as major shareholder )  wanted to overrule the board they could put an egm in motion but nothing indicates to me that’s at all likely. I do agree getting a new chair in would be a positive thing though as it would mark it as a fresh start. 

That reflects my feelings as well dave, it is a form of fresh start, and putting a new chair in place would just be part of that fresh start (if I'm brutally honest my thoughts are such that I think having both a CEO and a Chair of the board is a form of duplication, to me the CEO should be speaking on behalf of the board, effectively chairing things).

I fully respect what Ann Budge did for us, in terms of putting up the initial cash sum, but I think it is time for the club to now move on going forward.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

That reflects my feelings as well dave, it is a form of fresh start, and putting a new chair in place would just be part of that fresh start (if I'm brutally honest my thoughts are such that I think having both a CEO and a Chair of the board is a form of duplication, to me the CEO should be speaking on behalf of the board, effectively chairing things).

I fully respect what Ann Budge did for us, in terms of putting up the initial cash sum, but I think it is time for the club to now move on going forward.

Having a separate ceo and board chair is a more normal situation for a company and separates out day to day management and board oversight. 

Being hyper-crtical, you could say he used a lot of words to say very little.  I wouldn't say that though.  I saw him more as introducing himself and describing his own views on communications and his personal style.

He appeared to be defending himself and the club against criticisms I'm not aware exist.  He talked of charging round radio stations and making statements on a daily basis.  I don't believe that any of us who have criticised Hearts communications have advocated for that.  Certainly not me.  I would however appreciate periodic updates on matters such as Damour, ST sales, injury recoveries and the like.

When we suffer defeats like Alloa and Brora, I would like confirmation that someone has read the riot act.  Or preferably that the responsible coach has tendered his resignation and it has been accepted.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It is indeed but her hand picked lap dogs will never do that, the CEO whose wife was put on the board in 2018 and got him the job last summer is unlikely to rock the boat. 

13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's literally doing this right now in this interview.

Better late than never!... needs to be more regular, at least every quarter.

Nookie Bear

“We are like all other clubs in Scotland. You want to bring through young players, nurture them and hope they are a success for you. Then you can sell them on for a decent amount of money once you've had a bit of time out of them."

I know it's the way it is but statements like this make my heart sink.

Just so unambitious.

davemclaren
37 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

“We are like all other clubs in Scotland. You want to bring through young players, nurture them and hope they are a success for you. Then you can sell them on for a decent amount of money once you've had a bit of time out of them."

Just so unambitious.

That’s the model for clubs far bigger than us. He could pretend otherwise I suppose. 

Anyway, that model is all about timing. Do it right and you can be very successful. 

Hagar the Horrible

So after reading part 2 of the sanitised spin, looks  like we are sticking with Robbie regardless of how crap he is, as we need to focus on youth, thus sacrifice success, or even our just reclaimed top flight status.

So my take based on no facts is, we could not afford to  sack him, and we will be playing too many youngsters

I cant be the only one who thinks ditching the academy all together is the way forward, play just experience players, play for today, sod tomorrow, lets face it, for all we got for Hickey and Paterson and nothing for Harry, Tony etc.  Its just not bearing any ROI

Sell for Decent Money, thats what McKinlay says!  No shit Sherlock, but nobody has bought from us we wait until we let them walk.  Being 16  and getting their first contact is the dificult period for players he says, getting into the first team.

Well my feild of ****s is barren,  I only care about winning, so dont gamble on youths, play 11 players who have experience.  Why develop a player so some other clubs get the best years of their careers all for a pittance.

Nookie Bear

Part 2 was also supposed to explain why the Board decided to back Robbie but, unless i am missing it, there is nothing in today's article?

49 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Part 2 was also supposed to explain why the Board decided to back Robbie but, unless i am missing it, there is nothing in today's article?

He appears to be another one who just trots out excuses. His comment about expecting new signings to be really good at their job having moved to a new country during lockdown was a belter. If there wasn’t an expectation that they would be good at their job at that time why did we even play them?

In yesterday’s article he said did anyone expect him to say anything different from what Budge had been saying. The answer is clearly not. Both reading from Neilson’s Book of Excuses, Volume 2. Complete losers mentality.

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Just so unambitious.

It does sound great though but in reality I would not even trust our current regime to nurture a furby.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It does sound great though but in reality I would not even trust our current regime to nurture a furby.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I'm paraphrasing but he says/reiterates that the league campaign was technically good - in terms of points won in comparison with the last 20 years - and never in any doubt.  He acknowledges the shocking 2021 cup performances as well as the good 2020 cup performance (saying how close we were to winning it as a championship team).  They have accepted the difficulties of the lockdown in general (new players finding it difficult to settle, the team can't bond) as mitigating circumstances which led them to back RN.  Even if you disagree, what the hell do you want him to say?  He can't really be any clearer.

I would not have shed a tear if Robbie had been sacked after Alloa let alone Brora.  Some people don't like the decision, but come on it's getting a bit tedious now to be so pedantic.

22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

:lol: 

tokyowalnut
9 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

It irritated me at the time and it clearly continues to do so; it wasn't just the Brora and the QoS results that we were raging about. They were the absolute tip of the iceberg. The performances and results around that time were awful, we only improved right at the end of the season when we clearly couldn't mess it up. Continuing this rhetoric that last season was a success, teams don't usually come straight back up, points total etc. completely misses the feeling amongst the fans.

For once, I'd like for McKinlay or Ann to come out and say that results like that are unacceptable and will not be tolerated this season. Earlier in the interview he said Peterhead will be a tough fixture, we should be going up there with zero concerns. The lack of ambition coming out of the club is staggering. As the new man he should be coming out banging the drum about a big season ahead, but as usual it all just feels a bit flat.

I like Robbie, he seems like a good guy. But he should have been sacked before he got on the bus at Brora, or he should have immediately offered his resignation. It smacks of CL and 5-0 Livi all over again. 

Despite my rather downhearted post, I am a positive person. However, I do see new management and wholesale changes come Jan 2022. I hope I'm wrong. 

Clerry Jambo
8 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

It irritated me at the time and it clearly continues to do so; it wasn't just the Brora and the QoS results that we were raging about. They were the absolute tip of the iceberg. The performances and results around that time were awful, we only improved right at the end of the season when we clearly couldn't mess it up. Continuing this rhetoric that last season was a success, teams don't usually come straight back up, points total etc. completely misses the feeling amongst the fans.

For once, I'd like for McKinlay or Ann to come out and say that results like that are unacceptable and will not be tolerated this season. Earlier in the interview he said Peterhead will be a tough fixture, we should be going up there with zero concerns. The lack of ambition coming out of the club is staggering. As the new man he should be coming out banging the drum about a big season ahead, but as usual it all just feels a bit flat.

I like Robbie, he seems like a good guy. But he should have been sacked before he got on the bus at Brora, or he should have immediately offered his resignation. It smacks of CL and 5-0 Livi all over again. 

Despite my rather downhearted post, I am a positive person. However, I do see new management and wholesale changes come Jan 2022. I hope I'm wrong. 

100% agree mate, well written

The Grim Reaper
5 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

It’s all so depressing. 

All Ann needs to do is appoint a manager based on merit, not her friend,  and let him manage. This kind of article wouldn’t be scrutinised by the support if we were run like a normal football club. 

Decent at making excuses.  I wonder if he thinks we would have won the league had Naisy not get injured at Murrayfield. :lol: 

davemclaren

The reality is that they made the decision after the Brora Match, and the general poor form around that time, that they were sticking with Robbie. How they present that was never going to provide sufficient explanation for most supporters  as to why they did it and there is now huge pressure on the board and coaching staff to hit the deck running in the new season.

Interesting times…again. 

The Apprentice
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The reality is that they made the decision after the Brora Match, and the general poor form around that time, that they were sticking with Robbie. How they present that was never going to provide sufficient explanation for most supporters  as to why they did it and there is now huge pressure on the board and coaching staff to hit the deck running in the new season.

Interesting times…again. 

The noise around Robbie has naturally dropped recently with the season finishing early and no games to get worked up about, but the highlighted part cannot be understated.  There will be excitement going into the new season when the fixtures come out and new signings are unveiled (eventually!) but as you say all eyes are on Neilson and the players to deliver from the get go. He has very little room for error IMO, and that could be one of the reasons they are taking their time to make sure any new signings are the correct ones.  Here's hoping anyway!

Clerry Jambo
45 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

The noise around Robbie has naturally dropped recently with the season finishing early and no games to get worked up about, but the highlighted part cannot be understated.  There will be excitement going into the new season when the fixtures come out and new signings are unveiled (eventually!) but as you say all eyes are on Neilson and the players to deliver from the get go. He has very little room for error IMO, and that could be one of the reasons they are taking their time to make sure any new signings are the correct ones.  Here's hoping anyway!

Peterhead game might just come to early for us...............:peepwall:

31 minutes ago, iainmac said:

"We're sticking by Robbie because Ann says so". 

Think that covers it. 

Sounds about right ... Depressing

22 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Far too many layers of management who don’t really help results but draw a wage. A big clear out of Budges buddies is needed.

Wrong.  We've got lashings of departments and they all need a manager.  After that, those managers need another manager then we need a CEO to manage that manager.

Don't wish to sound critical but I'm not sure you thought this through thoroughly.

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Wrong.  We've got lashings of departments and they all need a manager.  After that, those managers need another manager then we need a CEO to manage that manager.

Don't wish to sound critical but I'm not sure you thought this through thoroughly.

Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. When a Football club of our size talks about the Football Department then you should know that there is not enough focus. 

Cut The Crap
3 hours ago, iainmac said:

"We're sticking by Robbie because Ann says so". 

Think that covers it. 

It’s not even as good as that. Just a string of excuses for pisspoor performances.