Chief executive speaks

Clerry Jambo

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

See if he says nothing, not one interview in years, but the Hearts academy starts producing international quality players, the club grows to record attendences, thriving revenues and has more cash to fund Boyce type purchases, and in those transfers recruits really good performers who are good value, and the team gets European football and cups? Who will give a toss about him giving enough interviews? That’s what he’s saying. The actual performance objectives of the club is his primary remit as far as I’m concerned. 

Success will bring even more pressure for public engagement. This is a very high profile position and our CEO needs to be able to handle this well.

Someone who doesn’t like a high profile is not well suited to a club like Hearts.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Nookie Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Success will bring even more pressure for public engagement. This is a very high profile position and our CEO needs to be able to handle this well.

Someone who doesn’t like a high profile is not well suited to a club like Hearts.

We will see. It is high profile, but we always talk about how “talk is cheap” how often do you hear that here? every time Ann makes a statement or whoever player or manager speaks to the press after a loss. That’s all folk say. We want results not talk. 

17 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We will see. It is high profile, but we always talk about how “talk is cheap” how often do you hear that here? every time Ann makes a statement or whoever player or manager speaks to the press after a loss. That’s all folk say. We want results not talk. 

Anne’s statements are part of the problem.  Our club, perhaps more than others need to keep the fans onside, especially with our dependence on FOH contributors.

Time will tell if our new CEO is a success…. But he will fail if he doesn’t get the communications with the fans correct.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, McCrae said:

Don't like that interview and can't see him being the long term solution.

Our club needs the executive to show some leadership. Having a CEO who doesn't understand that running a football club is very different to running a normal company is just not going to work.

Like it or not his job requires a high public profile. 

The AB vision of creating a financially stable club has not been achieved. Over spending remains a big problem and the long term future of our club remains at risk until our finances are back under control.  Our club has wasted millions and for what... we are back to square 1, a newly promoted club.

We have to thank Budge for helping secure the funding for our club to get out of administration... but since then her management of our club has been poor.

Spot on, he doesn’t get it that the fans want better communication. 

Pasquale for King

Anyone else look at the photo and think oh that what’s he looks like and wouldn’t recognise him in the pub? Quiet doesn’t describe him, invisible does. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think that’s true. We want better leadership in my opinion. 

Im willing to give the guy a chance and I really hope we finally have someone competent in.  Anything that dilutes budges influence is a very good thing. 

23 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Anne’s statements are part of the problem.  Our club, perhaps more than others need to keep the fans onside, especially with our dependence on FOH contributors.

Time will tell if our new CEO is a success…. But he will fail if he doesn’t get the communications with the fans correct.

Can’t take you seriously when all you ever do is go on about our impending financial implosion , our ability to not survive without FoH or benefactors and your inability to EVER get Ann Budge’s name correct. 

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I want **** all communication with a CEO please. End of season statement and AGM aside let them do their stuff in the background.

16 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Maybe not better leadership , harsher leadership possibly , not as happy to give people the chance. Somewhere between AB and VR would be good. 

"New Signings" eh?  Who gives a ****.  We have had a wealth of new signings since the Queen took over.  The problem needing addressed is how shite most of them have been and why we have turned into a community centre with a soft payroom surrounded by unicorns and rainbows.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, sadj said:

I want **** all communication with a CEO please. End of season statement and AGM aside let them do their stuff in the background.

Maybe not better leadership , harsher leadership possibly , not as happy to give people the chance. Somewhere between AB and VR would be good. 

What’s he been doing though? 
I think most folk want to know what they’re doing especially after the FoH take ownership. If we are doing well and there’s nothing to be said but that’s unlikely to be the case. In this day and age you have to be in the public eye in this job with different initiatives that help us make money to spend on the team. He can’t just be seen twice a year. 

We don't need to know what Mckinley does all day, what he delivers is what matters and so far it seems he's doing what he's paid to do. 

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

We need better leadership no doubt, the bit where he said “what do they expect me to say, to disagree with Ann” was a bit alarming. Does he have his own thoughts or does Ann and his wife on the board tell him what to do and say? I’ve heard a few titbits from his time with the SGU and none of it was good. 

43 minutes ago, sadj said:

Can’t take you seriously when all you ever do is go on about our impending financial implosion , our ability to not survive without FoH or benefactors and your inability to EVER get Ann Budge’s name correct. 

Just stick me on ignore.

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Did he (or anyone else) actually say he was not suited for the job?

IMO I'd prefer to see a CEO talking when he has something worthwhile to say rather than a self-publicist blabbing at every opportunity.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

OK I get it, the best CEO you should not know they exist, as they are doing their jobs quietly behind the scenes.  But I want to know the rational behind keeping Robbie, he crawled over the finish line when a canter would have been adequate, but a sprint could easily have been done, and we should have settled a few scores.  Also why has Robbie won 3 chamionships, with 2 clubs and in all 3 times in 10 cup compititions he has bailed both the Arabs and us out very early. The Brora result was beyond criminal, yet RN, AB and our CEO have been not the slightest bothered.

I want to know how long will it take after more eye bleeding football and a string of bad results will it take before the trigger is pulled on Robbie?  WE can all see whats coming with 20/20 foresight, even if we win it wont be pretty.

I also want to know should we not bother buying tickets for cup ties as we look to plan an exit out ASAP.  10 cup exits is a pattern not a conspiricy.

All fair questions. 

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What’s he been doing though? 
I think most folk want to know what they’re doing especially after the FoH take ownership. If we are doing well and there’s nothing to be said but that’s unlikely to be the case. In this day and age you have to be in the public eye in this job with different initiatives that help us make money to spend on the team. He can’t just be seen twice a year. 

Shadowing and learning and planning i’d imagine. We shouldnt be questioning him as such , he should be answerable to FoH and the board on matters and performance. Why do we need him to be in the public eye? James Anderson wasn’t whilst building partnerships with the club and charities. 

I have honestly no interest in hearing from him or what hes up to as if thats the case it means we are performing.

Would you prefer Mr Aberdeen dance round the boardroom butt naked and behave inappropriately but be heard all the time on every subject whilst his club implodes on the pitch? 

27 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Just stick me on ignore.

Or… you could debate and not just champion one non fact based opinion and an inability to use peoples names properly , if your first name was Steven but we always referred to you as Stephen ill hazard you’d be first to claim its ignorance , arrogance and disrespectful of you as a person. 

So on that note , As a club on a sound financial footing and stripping away our improving but still not what we want performances on the pitch what would you want to be hearing from him that would mean communicating with the fans daily or weekly as opposed to the odd occasion its required or there is something major to let us know about thats non footballing?

32 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We don't need to know what Mckinley does all day, what he delivers is what matters and so far it seems he's doing what he's paid to do. 

No , no , no , he must phone us each individually every day and tell us what he has done.

32 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Just stick me on ignore.

Ill also add to that you were majorly pushing and wanting to be a part of buying the club and saving it but now talk as though we are over-reliant. Yet when we needed to buy shares to keep the lights on you actively tried to discourage it alomg with another well known poster. 

Is it a case of it can make you look good do it , if it means others get credit its a bad thing? Financial advice is something Id take from Ann Budge or James Anderson long before you yet you jump up and down as if we are bordering an admin? We all know you are a jambo and care but ffs take the blinkers off and look properly at things

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Shadowing and learning and planning i’d imagine. We shouldnt be questioning him as such , he should be answerable to FoH and the board on matters and performance. Why do we need him to be in the public eye? James Anderson wasn’t whilst building partnerships with the club and charities. 

I have honestly no interest in hearing from him or what hes up to as if thats the case it means we are performing.

Would you prefer Mr Aberdeen dance round the boardroom butt naked and behave inappropriately but be heard all the time on every subject whilst his club implodes on the pitch? 

Hahahahaha yes I’m not keen on Mr Aberdeen as you have called him. 
If he’s running the club then he needs to be in the public eye to an extent. 
When we announce how many fans will be allowed to buy tickets for the LC games. 
How many will be allowed in to league games by August. 
How they will be chosen. 
Will we all get a turn, is it our own seats. 
Will it be him or just an announcement about this? 
I’ve no real interest in what he does day to day unless it’s not working. It seems I’m not the only one that wants to hear more from him. 

Hahahahaha yes I’m not keen on Mr Aberdeen as you have called him. 
If he’s running the club then he needs to be in the public eye to an extent. 
When we announce how many fans will be allowed to buy tickets for the LC games. 
How many will be allowed in to league games by August. 
How they will be chosen. 
Will we all get a turn, is it our own seats. 
Will it be him or just an announcement about this? 
I’ve no real interest in what he does day to day unless it’s not working. It seems I’m not the only one that wants to hear more from him. 

I know but like them your irrational in your rationality when it comes to Hearts 😉

Na Mr Aberdeen is a grade A tosser

I wouldn’t be fussed if they were just announcements tbh , press release and if they subsequently interview him he literally said “we are excited to have hearts fans back in the stand making tynecastle the place we know it can be” soundbite type responses. 

Edited by sadj
Cant believe it deleted w anchor in reference to that aberdonian cockwomble

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, sadj said:

I know but like them your irrational in your rationality when it comes to Hearts 😉

Na Mr Aberdeen is a grade A  

I wouldn’t be fussed if they were just announcements tbh , press release and if they subsequently interview him he literally said “we are excited to have hearts fans back in the stand making tynecastle the place we know it can be” soundbite type responses. 

I think being called irrational is the nicest thing anyone has said to me on here 😆
Let’s see what the Scarlett Pimpernel says in his second exclusive interview.  

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think being called irrational is the nicest thing anyone has said to me on here 😆
Let’s see what the Scarlett Pimpernel says in his second exclusive interview.  

Im guessing itll be very little of substance and will cause 100 pages of boo hiss get to **** , na we like him , he doesnt give much away i like that, hes an imposter chat 🤣

Ach i can’t say anything bad about ya , i mean i do quite fancy driving to Edinburgh walking into diggers and throttling you sometimes but its never from a bad place 😉

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Im guessing itll be very little of substance and will cause 100 pages of boo hiss get to **** , na we like him , he doesnt give much away i like that, hes an imposter chat 🤣

Ach i can’t say anything bad about ya , i mean i do quite fancy driving to Edinburgh walking into diggers and throttling you sometimes but its never from a bad place 😉

The queue to do that reaches down to Tynecastle, two hour time slots 😜

The queue to do that reaches down to Tynecastle, two hour time slots 😜

Lol ill fancy my chances if getting to the front of it 😉 mailed you back but away for a run so ill get back to you later. 🤘🏻

MarkDevriesScores4

He’s been a little bit disingenuous there.

the fans saved the club, fund the club and tolerate the multitude of mistakes made by the board. All that is asked is frequent open and honest communication which I think we’ve rarely had during the mess of the last 3-4 years. 

if (and it’s a big if) we start winning most weeks with quality signings and a youth squad to rival any in the country, I’ll be happy for him to be quiet in the background. Until then I think we are all due the courtesy of frequent transparency. Not just when a new kit needs sold or season ticket renewals are due. 

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

the fans saved the club, fund the club and tolerate the multitude of mistakes made by the board. All that is asked is frequent open and honest communication which I think we’ve rarely had during the mess of the last 3-4 years. 

if (and it’s a big if) we start winning most weeks with quality signings and a youth squad to rival any in the country, I’ll be happy for him to be quiet in the background. Until then I think we are all due the courtesy of frequent transparency. Not just when a new kit needs sold or season ticket renewals are due. 

👏👏👏👏👏👏🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🍺

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
44 minutes ago, jonesy said:

His interview this coming November, when Neilson has us in about 10th position having been papped out the league cup in the first knock out game after we scrape through the group will be more interesting.

the standards in the premier league are such I’d expect even with rob in dugout we’ll comfortably be top 6 - so more likely to be a bullish statement about how competitive we are with hibs and st Johnstone - maybe even chase then down later in the season 🙀

we might have to sacrifice the cups to do so tho :(

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Lol ill fancy my chances if getting to the front of it 😉 mailed you back but away for a run so ill get back to you later. 🤘🏻

Big hands needed 😆
Cheers. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Spot on.

Football is pretty simple.

If we win and play some decent stuff, he'll get a relatively easy ride.

If we play like we did this season and aren't up challenging for a European place, him and Neilson will come in for criticism.

He sounds a wee bit down in the dumps to be honest, maybe Kickback could organise some flowers and a bottle of wine.

::troll::

Good to hear from him. 
no doubt kiwidoug will be along soon to claim that McKinlay has responded to his post in the other thread :rofl:

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I mean sort of. I think we would like to hear about his vision for the club, what he hopes to achieve, how he plans to facilitate growth. 

That sort of stuff is exciting. Obviously day to day stuff isn't particularly exciting. 

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

I mean sort of. I think we would like to hear about his vision for the club, what he hopes to achieve, how he plans to facilitate growth. 

That sort of stuff is exciting. Obviously day to day stuff isn't particularly exciting. 

They've told us all the things these seek to achieve like creating partnerships in N. America to grow the clubs rep, bring in more revenue through sponsors etc... 

It's really Ann's job to communicate with the fans and give updates. 

6 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

See if he says nothing, not one interview in years, but the Hearts academy starts producing international quality players, the club grows to record attendences, thriving revenues and has more cash to fund Boyce type purchases, and in those transfers recruits really good performers who are good value, and the team gets European football and cups? Who will give a toss about him giving enough interviews? That’s what he’s saying. The actual performance objectives of the club is his primary remit as far as I’m concerned. 

See if..

Couldn’t be bothered if he never spoke publicly again. If things are going well then his actions will do all the talking required.

However I do want to hear from him on the things that aren’t going so well. I actually want to know from him the thinking in keeping Neilson in place because it’s clearly been considered internally. Not just platitudes and dismissals and soundbytes but just honestly WHY.

Edited by JimmyCant

11 hours ago, Hairy Nugget said:

Excuse my ignorance but whats a G10 meeting?

Think it was with a prospective backer - GITANES. His french pronunciation obviously left a bit to be desired.

As we're winners we'll probably reject them as they appear to favour "drawing".

Cigarettes gitane | Etsy

I'll get ma coat!

Isnt G10 the largest 10 economies in the world?  I know it is.  USA,China, Germany, UK etc.  I had no idea we were in there.  Now knowing that we are, if Kante isnt in Sateford next week I will be seething.

Let’s see the “new” signings, let’s see us win the first few games and put a marker down, talk is cheep. Levein promised us, then we were fed, wait and see, give me a chance. Robbie has failed to excite despite us winning the championship, a league full of teams we should have wiped the floor with. 
We have the financial backing of the fans and no doubt board members with deep pockets. 
I want more this season so as to make up for the dirge we have suffered and watched over the past 4 or 5 years. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Couldn’t be bothered if he never spoke publicly again. If things are going well then his actions will do all the talking required.

However I do want to hear from him on the things that aren’t going so well. I actually want to know from him the thinking in keeping Neilson in place because it’s clearly been considered internally. Not just platitudes and dismissals and soundbytes but just honestly WHY.

To be covered in Part 2 of the interview…

5 hours ago, sadj said:

We didn't hear from him after the Brora or Alloa cup defeats so I think your logic is a bit flawed.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

We didn't hear from him after the Brora or Alloa cup defeats so I think your logic is a bit flawed.

I think a key test will be if we hear more from him or Ann going forward. 

Wonder if we're in the G7 as well? I know about that one.  Used to be the G8 but Russia got the red card for attrocious behaviour in an away game against Ukraine.

6 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Jesus Christ 🤣🙈🙈 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I think a key test will be if we hear more from him or Ann going forward. 

If we get the football side right, we don't really need to here from either of them IMO.