• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• i8hibsh

• BackOfTheNet

• Jambo61

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We’ve got the edinboro castle pub in Camden booked for the game itself. Playing everything else by ear. Really canny wait. This has been the longest working week of my life so far!

26 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Kings cross for me and my lad 

Should be interesting 

I’m not down for the Scotland game but I’m in London when the semis are on. 
Would like to catch one of them and wanted to go to Boxpark, Shoredich but they don’t appear to be releasing tickets until it’s known who’s in semi (sensible). Waiting for this would mean no Plan B. 
anyone any recommendations for 3 adults, 3 17 year olds?  Fanzone etc over 18.  

8 minutes ago, speaker said:

We’ve got the edinboro castle pub in Camden booked for the game itself. Playing everything else by ear. Really canny wait. This has been the longest working week of my life so far!

cracking boozer, enjoy 👍

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, niblick1874 said:

There is something wrong with someone telling us we have to believe them when there is glairing contradictios in what they say.

When you attempted to gloss over the contradiction being pointed out to you by saying one is a just cause and the other is not therefore he is wrong, you lost all credibility. If you had said both are wrong or both are right then ok, but you did not.

Oh for crying out loud. You’re the 3rd one I’ll ask and who I guarantee cannot answer - where did I say the protests were justified or a just cause? 3rd hint: you also can’t, because (and a little louder for those in the back) I NEVER said any such thing! I said that the protesters were taking to the streets for A cause that THEY believed in due to a GLOBAL movement. I, not once, said whether or not they were right or wrong. I said that the whatabouttery by using BLM in this context was ridiculous, which it undoubtedly is. As you cannot equate the two scenarios whatsoever.

Incidentally, I’ve also never said people going to London is right or wrong, what I have said though is people travelling hundreds of miles to sit in a pub in London to watch a game on TV - when they could do that in a pub up here or at home - is a selfish act given that the country is not yet out of the woods with the pandemic as not everyone has been able to get their vaccine. Now, you could say that the “BLM group”, as it was put, were wrong to gather during a pandemic before a vaccine - as a basic without context I wholly agree and wasn’t one of them. BUT, would I call the protests a “selfish” act? Absolutely not. As protesting for a cause, whether it’s a justifiable one or not in anyone’s opinion, is doing so with an aim to have society bettered. Whether it be BLM, environment, gay pride etc these aren’t “selfish” as the individuals attending aren’t doing so so for THEIR OWN benefit, but that of society in general. Or at least that’s the aim of whichever group of people are protesting in these circumstances. But anyone going to London to watch a game of football on TV when they could easily do it in a pub up here or at home, is doing so because it’s something that individual wants to do so that they can enjoy themselves. The act of doing so only benefits that individual. Normal circumstances, do whatever floats your boat, but if it’s doing something for your own benefit - knowing that by doing it it can potentially impact on others - but doing it anyway as you want to enjoy yourself, then it’s a selfish act. And people have a right to point that out if that’s how they see it.

7 minutes ago, Sid said:

I’m not down for the Scotland game but I’m in London when the semis are on. 
Would like to catch one of them and wanted to go to Boxpark, Shoredich but they don’t appear to be releasing tickets until it’s known who’s in semi (sensible). Waiting for this would mean no Plan B. 
anyone any recommendations for 3 adults, 3 17 year olds?  Fanzone etc over 18.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57433999

Forever Hearts
3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

There you go. Some strange “facts” you have. YOU brought it up and YOU compared the two by doing so.

I never said I didn't bring it up? Settle down and read what I posted. I clearly said "who cares who brought BLM into it?" 

And you can backtrack all you like. You were quite clearly trying to justify BLM marching/rioting because of their "cause" and everybody reading the thread knows it. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I never said I didn't bring it up? Settle down and read what I posted. I clearly said "who cares who brought BLM into it?" 

And you can backtrack all you like. You were quite clearly trying to justify BLM marching/rioting because of their "cause" and everybody reading the thread knows it. 

No backtracking. Not my fault you can’t read or infer the difference. One is a selfish act, one isn’t. It’s that simple. So bringing it up in this context was at best to be antagonistic. My point before you brought it into it was that travelling to London to watch a game in a pub during a pandemic is strange and selfish behaviour. You can “look, a squirrel” all you like but that’s the point that was made and no one has countered it properly yet. Just avoidance.

Jeez, this argument still going on ?

Give me a shout when the “ who’s not going to take the knee “ sweepstake starts !

Hope I get Scotland !

:kirklol:

Forever Hearts
32 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No backtracking. Not my fault you can’t read or infer the difference. One is a selfish act, one isn’t. It’s that simple. So bringing it up in this context was at best to be antagonistic. My point before you brought it into it was that travelling to London to watch a game in a pub during a pandemic is strange and selfish behaviour. You can “look, a squirrel” all you like but that’s the point that was made and no one has countered it properly yet. Just avoidance.

But you didn't call the BLM rioting/marching "strange and selfish" when we were in a lockdown, the pandemic was at its peak and it was actually ILLEGAL. 

Funny that.🙄

Have any of the fans travelling to London to watch the games in a pub, considered that the locals might be hostile ? 

If I had a ticket for the stadium I would consider going but not to sit in a pub. 

Why are people wanting to drink in pubs in enemy territory ? 🤔 

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Have any of the fans travelling to London to watch the games in a pub, considered that the locals might be hostile ? 

If I had a ticket for the stadium I would consider going but not to sit in a pub. 

To get a trip away with their pals after being in lockdown for the best part of 16 months? 

BackOfTheNet
31 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

But you didn't call the BLM rioting/marching "strange and selfish" when we were in a lockdown, the pandemic was at its peak and it was actually ILLEGAL. 

Funny that.🙄

I’ve already explained why it wasn’t selfish. Like, literally a few posts up in this thread. You’re being selective - again. Protesting for a cause isn’t doing something for yourself so it can’t be deemed selfish. It can be deemed wrong, illegal or not right but it can’t be deemed selfish. It also wasn’t strange as there were protests in every major city across the world, particularly in America. So for something to happen in London as well is not strange.

But you’ve done it again, brought something completely unrelated to the topic so you can point score about it. Again, strange behaviour. Strange behaviour, to me at least, is queuing outside an Apple store for the latest iPhone. Strange to me is folk gathering in the meadows to play a fictional sport from the Harry Potter books. Can’t see the appeal or sense in either of those things - just like I can’t see the sense of travelling to London to watch a game in a pub that you can already watch in a local pub or at home or a friend’s house. But I would normally say each to their own, you wanna buy the new iPhone on day of release, it’s your money. You wanna hop about on a fake broomstick thinking you’re a wizard? Knock yourself out. You wanna travel hundreds of miles to sit in an overcrowded and overpriced pub in London to watch game on a TV in the corner when you could do that already locally or home? Up to you, it’s not harming anyone - normally - but the point is doing that CAN harm someone at this time. Depending on travel, are you going by plane or bus or by car? Are you mingling with crowds in and outside of the pub? Well if so by doing that you could be catching and spreading the virus without knowing it to those not able to be vaccinated yet. That is selfish. You can do it all you want, but you can’t deny it’s selfish. Bringing up a completely unrelated global movement from over a year ago that you don’t agree with does not prove or disprove anything, it just distracts the discussion away from where it should be. It also doesn’t change the fact that going to London to watch a game in a pub is selfish in the current state of the pandemic. May not be strange to everyone, but it is selfish.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

For the benefit of the OP, I was a bit of a regular in a S&N pub in London back in the early '70s.  Can't remember exactly where it was or what it was called but it was pretty good.

Hope that helps.

the general
2 hours ago, mellors1874 said:

Kings cross for me and my lad 

Should be interesting 

As a last resort the bar in the Pullman might be worth a bash

Nice big screen

Forever Hearts
23 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’ve already explained why it wasn’t selfish. Like, literally a few posts up in this thread. You’re being selective - again. Protesting for a cause isn’t doing something for yourself so it can’t be deemed selfish. It can be deemed wrong, illegal or not right but it can’t be deemed selfish. It also wasn’t strange as there were protests in every major city across the world, particularly in America. So for something to happen in London as well is not strange.

But you’ve done it again, brought something completely unrelated to the topic so you can point score about it. Again, strange behaviour. Strange behaviour, to me at least, is queuing outside an Apple store for the latest iPhone. Strange to me is folk gathering in the meadows to play a fictional sport from the Harry Potter books. Can’t see the appeal or sense in either of those things - just like I can’t see the sense of travelling to London to watch a game in a pub that you can already watch in a local pub or at home or a friend’s house. But I would normally say each to their own, you wanna buy the new iPhone on day of release, it’s your money. You wanna hop about on a fake broomstick thinking you’re a wizard? Knock yourself out. You wanna travel hundreds of miles to sit in an overcrowded and overpriced pub in London to watch game on a TV in the corner when you could do that already locally or home? Up to you, it’s not harming anyone - normally - but the point is doing that CAN harm someone at this time. Depending on travel, are you going by plane or bus or by car? Are you mingling with crowds in and outside of the pub? Well if so by doing that you could be catching and spreading the virus without knowing it to those not able to be vaccinated yet. That is selfish. You can do it all you want, but you can’t deny it’s selfish. Bringing up a completely unrelated global movement from over a year ago that you don’t agree with does not prove or disprove anything, it just distracts the discussion away from where it should be. It also doesn’t change the fact that going to London to watch a game in a pub is selfish in the current state of the pandemic. May not be strange to everyone, but it is selfish.

Best that we leave it there. 

17 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

For the benefit of the OP, I was a bit of a regular in a S&M pub in London back in the early '70s.  Can't remember exactly where it was or what it was called but it was pretty good.

Hope that helps.

Oooooo Dougy

I really hope we boo the England team, boo their fans singing and boo their ******* players taking the knee.

been here before
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I really hope we boo the England team, boo their fans singing and boo their ******* players taking the knee.

Edgy as ****.

Jeffros Furios
16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

:yas:

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Don’t forget booing them using the British national anthem. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

:wow:  You’ve got a feather sticking out of your hat, haven’t you?

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Don’t forget booing them using the British national anthem. 

Not a big fan of booing anthems when being sung. I remember how pathetic it made the tartan army seem v Liechtenstein a few years back. 

Booing a bunch of self entitled over rated multi millionnaires telling us how awful white people are, well I have no issue with that.

Just now, Morgan said:

:wow:  You’ve got a feather sticking out of your hat, haven’t you?

I will do on the 18th

All we need next is Lewis Hamilton who is in the top 100 richest people in the UK with an entire upbringing of privilege and favourable chances and a carbon footprint larger than a small country to tell us how much of a bunch of ***** we all are

:fonzie:

Edited by i8hibsh

14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I will do on the 18th

Good for you, i8.  👍

I want Scotland to beat England in a game of football.  

That's it for me.

I have friends (and family) who are English and, let me tell you, they are bloody decent people.

48 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

All we need next is Lewis Hamilton who is in the top 100 richest people in the UK with an entire upbringing of privilege and favourable chances and a carbon footprint larger than a small country to tell us how much of a bunch of ***** we all are

You might want to do some research into Lewis’s upbringing….

been here before
42 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

As opposed to the racing driver Lewis Hamilton who grew up in a broken home on a housing estate in Stevenage, living with his father after his parents split up when he was a toddler. The Lewis Hamilton whose dad had to take 3 different jobs to fund his karting career. The Lewis Hamilton who was racially abused as a child of 10 by others involved in go karting.

What Lewis Hamilton are you slavering about who had an "entire upbringing of privilege and favourable chances"?

More attention seeking slavering weapons grade gimpery from the perpetualy offended Ikkle Pwincess Hissy Fit.

Anybody had their train cancelled and managed to find any alternative methods to get down? Will be a fair few now scunnered on Tbursday and Friday thanks to strikes.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Why does a group of sportsmen kneeling for a few seconds upset some people ? 

In what way does the above act affect your life ? 

Take a knee or don't take a knee I don't care as long as England lose. 

I say that in a non racist or nationalistic way as we have to share a media network with England and if they win we'll never hear the end of it. Although it might stop the media royal love in for a while. 

9 hours ago, luckydug said:

😂 

6 hours ago, luckydug said:

Why does a group of sportsmen kneeling for a few seconds upset some people ? 

In what way does the above act affect your life ? 

Take a knee or don't take a knee I don't care as long as England lose. 

I say that in a non racist or nationalistic way as we have to share a media network with England and if they win we'll never hear the end of it. Although it might stop the media royal love in for a while. 

Wouldn't say it upsets me I just disagree with their reasoning and I oppose everything BLM stand for. 

Not sure why these millionnaire spoilt players can express their opinions but the paying average Joe in the stand can't.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Wouldn't say it upsets me I just disagree with their reasoning and I oppose everything BLM stand for. 

Not sure why these millionnaire spoilt players can express their opinions but the paying average Joe in the stand can't.

Why not?

6 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

You might want to do some research into Lewis’s upbringing….

No, I think you do. There are numerous videos about it on you tube. Look closely at what I said, "favourable chances" and look into how he was favoured by Mclaren due to his skin colour.

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Why not?

Why not what KD? 

Ideally I would rather the fans or the players never expressed political opinions at the game if truth be told but this taking a knee has been forced down our throats for over a year now. Enough already.

8 hours ago, smiler said:

Oooooo Dougy

S&N, not S&M.  What have I done? The missus has read it and she was gone like a rocket.  I'm not even sure exactly what S&M is but I know it's certainly not cricket.

7 hours ago, Morgan said:

Good for you, i8.  👍

I want Scotland to beat England in a game of football.  

That's it for me.

I have friends (and family) who are English and, let me tell you, they are bloody decent people.

I love England Morgan and I am a proud Brit.

Next Friday however is war and is a Scotland England thing, not British.

Come onnnnnn!

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

S&N, not S&M.  What have I done? The missus has read it and she was gone like a rocket.  I'm not even sure exactly what S&M is but I know it's certainly not cricket.

Is that not the household goods store at Meadowbank?

6 hours ago, been here before said:

As opposed to the racing driver Lewis Hamilton who grew up in a broken home on a housing estate in Stevenage, living with his father after his parents split up when he was a toddler. The Lewis Hamilton whose dad had to take 3 different jobs to fund his karting career. The Lewis Hamilton who was racially abused as a child of 10 by others involved in go karting.

What Lewis Hamilton are you slavering about who had an "entire upbringing of privilege and favourable chances"?

More attention seeking slavering weapons grade gimpery from the perpetualy offended Ikkle Pwincess Hissy Fit.

If he paid tax in the UK he might be able to do something about other kids who aren't forced into a dead end career as a racing driver. Perhaps he would acknowledge that poverty as much as race, contributed to his terrible upbringing. Who would make the connection between poverty, race and social class? I'll present Marcus Rashford-no taking the knee from his mansion in a tax haven, no standing on his winners podium with a clenched fist. He just makes sure that kids, whatever their race, religion etc. etc., get a ****ing decent meal everyday. 

Shove your sanctimonious, fake rags to riches story up your middle class arse, and acknowledge whats staring you in the face. Its poverty stupid.

Many on this forum probably grew up with financial struggles. It is certainly something I support but why is it always multi millionnaires who let us know about it. I wish these sanctimonious, virtue signalling ***** would just **** off.

been here before
18 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

If he paid tax in the UK he might be able to do something about other kids who aren't forced into a dead end career as a racing driver. Perhaps he would acknowledge that poverty as much as race, contributed to his terrible upbringing. Who would make the connection between poverty, race and social class? I'll present Marcus Rashford-no taking the knee from his mansion in a tax haven, no standing on his winners podium with a clenched fist. He just makes sure that kids, whatever their race, religion etc. etc., get a ****ing decent meal everyday. 

Shove your sanctimonious, fake rags to riches story up your middle class arse, and acknowledge whats staring you in the face. Its poverty stupid.

Im not here to defend Hamilton, I think the mans a 24 carat, weapons class, grade A welt.

More pointing out the errors of the perma raging full time attention seeking constantly offended leech who made the claim.

Outstanding rant on your part though.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Im not here to defend Hamilton, I think the mans a 24 carat, weapons class, grade A welt.

More pointing out the errors of the perma raging full time attention seeking constantly offended leech who made the claim.

Outstanding rant on your part though.

I was quite proud of my rant, but I know exactly what you mean.

One last thing on Lewis Hamilton and hopefully this will register with the hard of thinking.

If you are a kid living in poverty and hardship then your hobbies would be pretty much anything that costs little to no money.

Your hobbies would not be go karting. Go karting would be a once in a childhood, family day out for you to remember all your years. Not spending hours at the 'track' every spare moment you have. It is expensive as ****. 

Only time I ever done it was with pals in Tenerife when I was 16. It was expensive as **** .

What is next? Sailing lessons for all?

I'll be the only Scot in the village in my favourite Millwall pub for the game. I fully expect a Scotland win. 

I had booked tables at a couple of my locals, and the Edinboro Castle ( seems like a popular pub for Scots although I hate the place), but got invited to South London which is an adopted home for me. Personally I think that Friday the 18th will be a massive party in London so you might as well forget the Covid rules. My only concern would be the young England fans from Lewis Hamilton type slums who will be on the streets drinking beer in the Sun. I'm convinced Scotland will qualify for the knock out stages so there is a lot of fun to come. 

Have a great day out if you're coming to London. 

51 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No, I think you do. There are numerous videos about it on you tube. Look closely at what I said, "favourable chances" and look into how he was favoured by Mclaren due to his skin colour.

He was favoured because his karting record was so impressive. Despite it being a PR dream for McLaren they would have ditched him in a second if he’d faltered at that level. 

And if you’re angry at sanctimonious celebrities the list is endless…..

I like him because he’s nasty horrible winner. 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

He was favoured because his karting record was so impressive. Despite it being a PR dream for McLaren they would have ditched him in a second if he’d faltered at that level. 

And if you’re angry at sanctimonious celebrities the list is endless…..

I like him because he’s nasty horrible winner. 

See I hate motor sport which probably adds to it. I do like winners though, especially nasty ones so I hear you there.

I just don't like winners who tell the planet they are all horrible racist, polluting ***** who in some way care a lot less than them about humanity.

He should marry Jennifer Lopez and they can wipe their arses with 24 carrat gold toilet paper made by orphans in Bangladesh and talk about how they are still from 'The Block'.

28 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

One last thing on Lewis Hamilton and hopefully this will register with the hard of thinking.

If you are a kid living in poverty and hardship then your hobbies would be pretty much anything that costs little to no money.

Your hobbies would not be go karting. Go karting would be a once in a childhood, family day out for you to remember all your years. Not spending hours at the 'track' every spare moment you have. It is expensive as ****. 

Only time I ever done it was with pals in Tenerife when I was 16. It was expensive as **** .

What is next? Sailing lessons for all?

More shite