London for the England game.

Negan

2 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Carefully.....not stupidly!

More dangerous things out there than the blown out of proportion cold. 

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• i8hibsh

• BackOfTheNet

• Jambo61

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Negan said:

More dangerous things out there than the blown out of proportion cold. 

Stupidity is one!

English dad, Scottish mum.

So a a foot in both camps

After the way the SFA SPFL treated Hearts I want England to be succesful and Scotland to have its usual disaster.

#FingerCrossed 

Forever Hearts
Just now, Australis said:

After the way the SFA SPFL treated Hearts I want England to be succesful and Scotland to have its usual disaster.

#FingerCrossed 

Aye, because some fat blokes in blazers own the Scotland team.🙄

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

It is obviously all that matters to you! Inferred all along!

Explain? Why shouldn't those who have been vaccinated travel? 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Explain? Why shouldn't those who have been vaccinated travel? 

Bore someone else or find a partner!

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

Bore someone else or find a partner!

So you were talking mince. Away and hide back under the bed and let the rest of us get on with living our lives.  

Jeffros Furios

The blm weirdos are still having  protests,  so if they knobs  are allowed so should law abiding Scotsmen .

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

I don't give a shit what their cause was. They shouldn't have been out on the streets in their thousands during a global pandemic when it was literally at its peak, deaths were through the roof, the NHS was on its knees and NOBODY had been vaccinated. 

As for where was the rioting? Open your eyes and do some research AWAY from the main street media. 

the initial protests were peaceful though as someone who was locked down at home they made for uncomfortable viewing and were extremely polarizing (from a covid perspective). as things progressed to the statue toppling stage there was significant violence and territorial support was repeatedly deployed. 

7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

So you were talking mince. Away and hide back under the bed and let the rest of us get on with living our lives.  

Hahahahaha..........call that a life!

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

Nah let them bash on, especially on this thread it's ****ing hilarious reading 

My stand point. :lol:

Can see who watches way too much TV. 

14 minutes ago, Australis said:

#FingerCrossed 

What :lol:

I get the division based on parents but your reasoning based on the SFA and SPFL is mental 🤦‍♂️

It's about where you are from man, and supporting a side who qualify for ****all because in the main are shite, the underdog, and everyones wrote us off before we start. Get behind the side and enjoy it for what it is.

Forever Hearts
12 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Hahahahaha..........call that a life!

Better than hiding under the bed like a big pansy. 

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Anti-pansy type post imo.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, sassenach said:

Officially they are.  Only slightly, but the fall in the rate has stopped and there is now a small rise.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

There are probably more people dying every day from most other illnesses and road deaths, suicides etc than Covid-19.

We aren’t going to get zero Covid - people

need to start dealing with and accepting that.

15 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

That’s for shaw.

Did it a few years ago, was a good day at Trafalgar for few hours but shops quickly ran out of booze and when game was on it was terrible, no bars letting in fans ended up watching in a hotel bar with tiny screen and no sound. 

In these covid times there's not 1 percent of me wishing I was heading down.

13 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yes, because marching for a cause due a strong held belief based on quite easily observational institutional racism is exactly the same as a bunch of people stopping going to pubs in Scotland to going to a pub in London to watch a game they could watch at home.

Did anyone inform Covid that it was for a good cause?

Forever Hearts
39 minutes ago, Candy said:

😂😂😂 👏👏👏

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Jambo61 said:

FH is surely an expert on all things Pansys!

Surprised you can get a signal from under your bed. 😁 🛌 📱

BackOfTheNet
2 hours ago, Candy said:

Which one are you? The idiot or the intentionally antagonistic? I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you’ve just missed the point entirely rather than see everything in context and be able to comprehend the point being made. Good grief.

13 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The government advice is not to travel unless you have a ticket. Or did you just choose to ignore that bit? The government also said that although that travel is allowed they still don’t recommend travel unless essential and to avoid well populated areas. A pub in London will undoubtedly be a well populated area. Listen, go and knock yourself out, but when cases spike up again and the relaxed restrictions reverse then don’t act like it’s entirely the fault of the government.

Incorrect. The government advice is not travel unless you have a ticket OR a safe place to watch it. It’s like you are choosing to ignore the second part of their advice. I am going and have a space place to watch it so I don’t see what your getting your knickers in a twist about.

As other have said before, covid is never going away. Cases will continue to go up and down. 

if you don’t agree with the guidelines   then again I think your issue is with the government/khan. You should pen a very angry letter to your MP

2-1 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

2 minutes ago, speaker said:

Incorrect. The government advice is not travel unless you have a ticket OR a safe place to watch it. It’s like you are choosing to ignore the second part of their advice. I am going and have a space place to watch it so I don’t see what your getting your knickers in a twist about.

As other have said before, covid is never going away. Cases will continue to go up and down. 

if you don’t agree with the guidelines   then again I think your issue is with the government/khan. You should pen a very angry letter to your MP

2-1 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

From the BBC website. 

A9861D4C-5B7C-44BB-9D7E-F1985982977F.jpeg

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, speaker said:

2-1 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

Why are you obsessed with knicker twisting? Why do people like you treat anyone who might have an opposing view as getting their knickers in a twist, a snowflake or some over reactionary “won’t someone think of the children” style character? As I’ve said in my post you’ve quoted, no one is stopping you, off you jog to London to watch a game in a pub. Strange behaviour to me to do such a thing, but each to their own.

the general
16 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Exactly. I'm going to London in July for a break. There will be thousands of tourists there.

No difference IMO.

The Covid police can GTF 

Not long back from London and it is relatively quiet pretty much everywhere.

the general
9 hours ago, benny said:

Never crossed my mind to go down to London but surely these fan zones up here are just as bad.

B

Was in Manchester for the Everton game and lack of covid enforcement and pubs open to 3am gave me the fear

Forever Hearts
22 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Why are you obsessed with knicker twisting? Why do people like you treat anyone who might have an opposing view as getting their knickers in a twist, a snowflake or some over reactionary “won’t someone think of the children” style character? As I’ve said in my post you’ve quoted, no one is stopping you, off you jog to London to watch a game in a pub. Strange behaviour to me to do such a thing, but each to their own.

It's not because you have an opposing view, it's because you are factually wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's not because you have an opposing view, it's because you are factually wrong. 

I am in the midway camp, understand that this has been a long time coming and that some are desperate to sample the atmosphere, for me I would rather watch with friends locally at this time, however accusing people of being pansies and continually abusing those with conflicting opinions just makes you  appear daft, some people have personal reasons for their opinions, maybe an idea to respect that 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, lou said:

I am in the midway camp, understand that this has been a long time coming and that some are desperate to sample the atmosphere, for me I would rather watch with friends locally at this time, however accusing people of being pansies and continually abusing those with conflicting opinions just makes you  appear daft, some people have personal reasons for their opinions, maybe an idea to respect that 

I've got zero respect for anybody who wants to prolong this nonsense for one day more. There's people holidaying all over the UK (and beyond in some cases) so don't start having a go at football fans for wanting to have a bit of fun. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I've got zero respect for anybody who wants to prolong this nonsense for one day more. There's people holidaying all over the UK (and beyond in some cases) so don't start having a go at football fans for wanting to have a bit of fun. 

Where did I do that? As someone who can only visits a family member from behind a wall of glass once a week, I want this to be over yesterday but I will put my trust in those with the appropriate knowledge as to when that will happen

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, lou said:

Where did I do that? As someone who can only visits a family member from behind a wall of glass once a week, I want this to be over yesterday but I will put my trust in those with the appropriate knowledge as to when that will happen

Not you personally.  

BackOfTheNet
36 minutes ago, lou said:

Honestly mate, don’t bother. It’ll be a waste of time and he’ll get on the defensive like a scorned balding divorcee harping about how she’s turned they weans against him, no matter how reasonable your posts. I learned this the hard way.

Can we please stop with the BLM and covid patter and get back on topic. For those that are going, lets hear what your plans are. Prawn sandwich brigade move along!

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Which one are you? The idiot or the intentionally antagonistic? I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you’ve just missed the point entirely rather than see everything in context and be able to comprehend the point being made. Good grief.

You can only be at the wind up here.  You are ok with crowds previously breaking covid rules,  but having a go at people for something thats not even happened yet.

Good grief indeed

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, Candy said:

You can only be at the wind up here.  You are ok with crowds previously breaking covid rules,  but having a go at people for something thats not even happened yet.

Good grief indeed

He's tied himself in a million knots. Fair play to him though for keeping going.😃

34 minutes ago, Negan said:

Can we please stop with the BLM and covid patter and get back on topic. For those that are going, lets hear what your plans are. Prawn sandwich brigade move along!

Thursday: Pub Booked

Friday:  Pub Booked

Saturday: Pub Booked

Starting at 13.30 on game day...how very Scottish 🙂

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, Candy said:

I hope you and everybody else going down has a wonderful time.👍🍺 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Candy said:

Good grief indeed

Like the other one you’ve just went and assumed. Go and point to anywhere in any of my posts where I said I was ok with the protests? (Hint like I hinted before: you can’t because I didn’t) My point was that to equate the protests that took place due to a global movement and cause with travelling hundreds of miles to a pub in another city to watch a game of football is idiotic. They are nowhere near the same thing. People resorting to whatabouttery when they’re being questioned is just a sign that their argument is weak. If we want to go down the whatabouttery route why not mention the recent Rangers celebrations in Glasgow city centre, for example? It would at least be loosely on topic rather than an avoidance/ignorance of the points being made.

mellors1874
1 hour ago, Candy said:

Where did u get booked for pubs

Forever Hearts
59 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Like the other one you’ve just went and assumed. Go and point to anywhere in any of my posts where I said I was ok with the protests? (Hint like I hinted before: you can’t because I didn’t) My point was that to equate the protests that took place due to a global movement and cause with travelling hundreds of miles to a pub in another city to watch a game of football is idiotic. They are nowhere near the same thing. People resorting to whatabouttery when they’re being questioned is just a sign that their argument is weak. If we want to go down the whatabouttery route why not mention the recent Rangers celebrations in Glasgow city centre, for example? It would at least be loosely on topic rather than an avoidance/ignorance of the points being made.

Are you being intentionally stupid? When BLM were marching/rioting nobody had been vaccinated, we were in a lockdown, the NHS was on its knees and the death rate was through the roof. 

This time almost 50 million will have been vaccinated, we're not in a lockdown, hospital admissions have dropped through the floor and we're being told we are good to travel in the UK as long as we adhere to the rules. 

What part of that are you struggling with? 

BackOfTheNet
26 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Are you being intentionally stupid? When BLM were marching/rioting nobody had been vaccinated, we were in a lockdown, the NHS was on its knees and the death rate was through the roof. 

This time almost 50 million will have been vaccinated, we're not in a lockdown, hospital admissions have dropped through the floor and we're being told we are good to travel in the UK as long as we adhere to the rules. 

What part of that are you struggling with? 

I ain't stupid mate. You’re the one that brought BLM into this, which has nothing to do with what we’re currently talking about. No one is encouraging travel, they’ve said it’s not banned but the government still advise against travel and going to well populated places if it can’t be helped. They’ve also advised people don’t travel without a ticket - even if they say “unless you have a safe place to watch the game” that is still in contradiction to their overall guidance of not travelling or being in well populated places. What others have pointed out to you and others on this thread is that being vaccinated yourself might reduce the risk for you, but doesn’t reduce the risk for others that may get the virus directly from you or from someone who has got it through a cluster or mutated variant formed by unnecessary gathering. And travelling to London to go watch a game in a pub (and yes, sorry everyone that is pretty much as pathetic as it sounds) coming into contact with various people along the way and potentially  transporting back and forth the virus and transmitting it to people who have not got gotten the vaccine yet due to their age but have to be out and about because of their job (for example) is selfish behaviour. Which was the initial claim in this thread, that going down to watch a game in a pub, potentially transporting and transmitting while others aren’t as safe as you is a selfish thing to do. It may not be illegal, no one will stop you from doing it, and undoubtedly you’ll still do it guilt free as that’s your mindset. But that doesn’t stop that act of what you’re doing in the current climate as selfish. There’s your facts bud.

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I ain't stupid mate. You’re the one that brought BLM into this, which has nothing to do with what we’re currently talking about. No one is encouraging travel, they’ve said it’s not banned but the government still advise against travel and going to well populated places if it can’t be helped. They’ve also advised people don’t travel without a ticket - even if they say “unless you have a safe place to watch the game” that is still in contradiction to their overall guidance of not travelling or being in well populated places. What others have pointed out to you and others on this thread is that being vaccinated yourself might reduce the risk for you, but doesn’t reduce the risk for others that may get the virus directly from you or from someone who has got it through a cluster or mutated variant formed by unnecessary gathering. And travelling to London to go watch a game in a pub (and yes, sorry everyone that is pretty much as pathetic as it sounds) coming into contact with various people along the way and potentially  transporting back and forth the virus and transmitting it to people who have not got gotten the vaccine yet due to their age but have to be out and about because of their job (for example) is selfish behaviour. Which was the initial claim in this thread, that going down to watch a game in a pub, potentially transporting and transmitting while others aren’t as safe as you is a selfish thing to do. It may not be illegal, no one will stop you from doing it, and undoubtedly you’ll still do it guilt free as that’s your mindset. But that doesn’t stop that act of what you’re doing in the current climate as selfish. There’s your facts bud.

Who cares who brought BLM into it? You unbelievably tried to compare the two when there is absolutely no comparison whatsoever. One group of people were breaking the law, the other won't be. 

THERE'S your facts, bud.

BackOfTheNet
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Who cares who brought BLM into it? You unbelievably tried to compare the two when there is absolutely no comparison whatsoever. One group of people were breaking the law, the other won't be. 

THERE'S your facts, bud.

You outright liar. The first time I brought it up was in response to YOU bringing it up. Keep up with your own conspiracy theories and outbursts and you don’t have to have a good memory. Go check the thread, it’s there for all to see. Jesus.

BackOfTheNet
23 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Nobody gave a toss 12 months ago when the BLM group were marching/rioting every other week and not one of them had been vaccinated. 

21 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yes, because marching for a cause due a strong held belief based on quite easily observational institutional racism is exactly the same as a bunch of people stopping going to pubs in Scotland to going to a pub in London to watch a game they could watch at home.

There you go. Some strange “facts” you have. YOU brought it up and YOU compared the two by doing so.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

niblick1874
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

There you go. Some strange “facts” you have. YOU brought it up and YOU compared the two by doing so.

There is something wrong with someone telling us we have to believe them when there is glairing contradictios in what they say.

When you attempted to gloss over the contradiction being pointed out to you by saying one is a just cause and the other is not therefore he is wrong, you lost all credibility. If you had said both are wrong or both are right then ok, but you did not.

Jeffros Furios
20 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

There is something wrong with someone telling us we have to believe them when there is glairing contradictios in what they say.

When you attempted to gloss over the contradiction being pointed out to you by saying one is a just cause and the other is not therefore he is wrong, you lost all credibility. If you had said both are wrong or both are right then ok, but you did not.

Well said .