London for the England game.

Negan

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

So most adults have been vaccinated in the UK and you are still worried about a serious cold? But I am the ignorant one?

The question you originally asked was ignorant

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• i8hibsh

• BackOfTheNet

• Jambo61

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:rofl:

You really need to do your homework. 

I see things very differently Jonno Sir - it happens.

Many poeple disagree and many people agree.

This thing is never going to be eradicated -  ever.  It will always be around.

You can run from it - that is up to your good self, me? Well I want to just live with it and try and have a life.

There are far more serious things out there that worry me.  As a people we seemed to have forgotten about all else in life.

RustyRightPeg
13 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The only reason the Scottish Government gave the ok to Fanzone in Glasgow Green was so that they wouldn't lose the Euros coming to Hampden. 

Finance instead of health which, given the cautious approach so far, is surprising. Not even sure that anyone who turns up needs proof of a negative test but I may be corrected on that one. 

A baffling decision that may have been justifiable a few weeks back but this Delta variant has put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Like I said, too scientific. 

it’s a virus, a virus mutates, the flu mutates it’s why folk get a flu jag every year it’s never gonna disappear. Texas has been fully open for about 3 months and had the lowest Covid rate in the States m because they’re learning to live with it.

Scaremongering and political agendas are more dangerous to the human race than covid now. People’s livelihoods are being ruined over and over again by a set of yes men in high end positions making decisions based on who pays them the most. 

John Findlay

Forgive me Father for I have sinned or about to sin in the eyes of some.

I will be in enemy country for the game. Stoke On Trent Staffordshire.

I will be travelling down early Wednesday morning, the 16th and returning early on the morning of Saturday the 19th.

Edited by John Findlay

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Remember your photo of Louise Minchin, John...

Never go anywhere without it 😉

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

We booked accommodation the night we qualified thinking 8/9 months down the line we’d be fine, however February March time we all bailed.

the cost is what has put me off most now hearing how much folk have reserved bevy for in pubs down there. £50 odd quid for 5 bottles of beer, scandalous. 

Hope everyone has a good time mind you but the repercussions mainly down to the way Scottish football is portrayed by Govt. up here could be 2/3 months of extra restriction. 

That pricing is seriously taking the piss. I can understand people wanting to go down in normal times but they will get fleeced during this period.

Mental.

Just now, Boab said:

That pricing is seriously taking the piss. I can understand people wanting to go down in normal times but they will get fleeced during this period.

Mental.

Places showing the game in Edinburgh charging £7 for pint of Tennents, will be watching it at home with pals. 

1 minute ago, Jambo92 said:

Places showing the game in Edinburgh charging £7 for pint of Tennents, will be watching it at home with pals. 

Crazy eh !

Last year’s holiday money has meant I’ve turned my garden into a fanzone. 
Looking forward to it. 
:greggy:

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Wait until the 3rd goes in on 60 minutes to complete the humiliation of Engerlund! 

😅 We can only dream.

Robbo-Jambo
3 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Have you kept to the rules 100% this whole time? 

Nah probably not but I have not jumped on random strangers in a pub 😅

I get what you are saying though, the whole thing is a difficult balance.

The Real Maroonblood
47 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

£7.00 for pish.

:rofl:

BackOfTheNet

I see there’s a lot of people here both not realising (and ignoring others pointing it out) that being vaccinated doesn’t stop you passing the virus onto someone who has not AND showing complete ignorance as to who has and has not been vaccinated. There are people only 30 and above getting the FIRST dose only now. That first dose won’t take full effect until 2 weeks after their jag and even then they won’t be fully immune from the virus until 2 weeks after their 2nd dose. So anyone 18+ might not get immune until October or November. So saying things like unvaccinated people shouldn’t be out and about is complete selfish ignorance, the only reasons restrictions have loosened is to allow people some normality. Just because you’re old enough to have two doses and have enough free time to go galavanting to London for a “sesh” doesn’t mean you shouldn’t consider others who are trying to enjoy a little bit of overdue freedom without fear of contracting it before the governments allow them to get vaccinated due to their age. Oh, and just because you’re vaccinated doesn’t mean you should not wear a mask either for the reasons I pointed out already, but I’m 99.9% sure this thread is full of maskless wonders.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Siphiwe Tshabalala

I’ve had the 2 jags and I’ll be going.

Accommodation and pubs booked well in advance. 

Mayor of London was welcoming everyone down about 2/3 months ago. They don’t have a clue and people buy into the BS these morons spout.

Forever Hearts

Nobody gave a toss 12 months ago when the BLM group were marching/rioting every other week and not one of them had been vaccinated. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, Gorgieshed said:

I'm going down. Hyde Park and Cavendish Square is where most Scots are congregating. 

For all those who think it's 'selfish'. U aren't actually breaking any laws by travelling there or if u have booked in to places to eat/drink. There have been mass gatherings all over the UK, including Hampden next week.

Not getting into politics on here. I hope u enjoy the game wherever u end up.

Is there a screen at Hyde Park mate?

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Nobody gave a toss 12 months ago when the BLM group were marching/rioting every other week and not one of them had been vaccinated. 

Yes, because marching for a cause due a strong held belief based on quite easily observational institutional racism is exactly the same as a bunch of people stopping going to pubs in Scotland to going to a pub in London to watch a game they could watch at home.

I live in London. Will watch it probably in a pub or something but unsure where. It's great here - summer, little restrictions, no idiotic hysteria. 

Indeed.

Nucky Thompson
6 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Why are people saying it’s selfish if they have a safe place today and pubs booked? What’s the difference going on holiday in England which we are encouraged to do 

Exactly. I'm going to London in July for a break. There will be thousands of tourists there.

No difference IMO.

The Covid police can GTF 

Ibrahim Tall

I took holidays after Serbia ‘planning’ to go(& hoping this crap was done) but I’m not going to bother tbh, isn’t worth the hassle. Be more fun under the circumstances just having mates over to watch it.

It’s just not going to be the same even if some people do go anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Exactly. I'm going to London in July for a break. There will be thousands of tourists there.

No difference IMO.

The Covid police can GTF 

Indeed! They are absurd. 

Forever Hearts
35 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yes, because marching for a cause due a strong held belief based on quite easily observational institutional racism is exactly the same as a bunch of people stopping going to pubs in Scotland to going to a pub in London to watch a game they could watch at home.

Aye, tens of thousands of people rioting/marching without wearing masks, being vaccinated or social distancing was far safer than a few drunk blokes (who've probably had at least one jab) having a hug after Scotland score a goal. Much safer.🙄

40 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Enough of the Sevco sash bash….!

The covid marshals on this thread 😂

re OP. Going down Thursday back up the road Saturday. Everything booked when we qualified. Very much looking forward to it 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

But if you have been vaccinated how can you take someone else down?

Because YOU can still carry!

6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Well the person who I COULD take down SHOULDN'T be out and mingling in crowds if they HAVEN'T been VACCINATED. 

Well your ok then!

BackOfTheNet
32 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, tens of thousands of people rioting/marching without wearing masks, being vaccinated or social distancing was far safer than a few drunk blokes (who've probably had at least one jab) having a hug after Scotland score a goal. Much safer.🙄

Missing the point entirely I see. And where was the rioting exactly? From what I saw most wore masks. But the point is they knew the risks and thought the cause was important enough to march, because they see people getting actually killed simply for having a different colour of skin and the march highlighted to many what was an undercurrent of institutional racism - so the march raised awareness and highlighted issues that most of the population didn’t realise was going on or to that extent.

Going to London to watch TV and drink isn’t a cause. It’s a want. It’s realising what’s happening and just doing it anyway as it’s what you want. People didn’t WANT to march, it wasn’t a fun day out for them. They saw it as a necessity, in some cases literally life and death. I don’t care if you agree or not with the legitimacy of the protests, but to equate the two is either idiotic or purposely antagonistic.

21 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Because YOU can still carry!

How do you get through each day having this attitude 😆 

The Real Maroonblood
32 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Sorry to add to a thread which probably now belongs in the Shed, but I'd like to make just one point.

Folk on here are questioning why there should be continuing restrictions for those who have had 2 jabs.  The simple fact is, at the moment, cases and deaths are rising, despite the ongoing vaccination programme.

As restrictions are eased, we all want each step to be permanent and irreversible.  I think that to ease further, while there is still a small rise in the death rate, would be taking too big a gamble.

I'm not saying wrap ourselves in cotton wool (I don't myself), but we should still follow the rules and be careful, including avoiding too much unnecessary mixing.

I hope that everyone who is travelling for this enjoys themselves, but please be careful, both on match day and on the journey down.

Freedom will come, just not yet.

Come on England! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿😀

Deaths aren’t rising.

BackOfTheNet

By the way I, and others are not policing. Making points with facts that you for some reason disagree with is not policing. The only people that can police here are the mods. Let me guess, it’s not the ‘policing’ but the disagreeing with your point of view you have a problem with, right? So I’m sure when you disagree with people posting on a forum you always, without exception, just scroll on and never reply. Right?

1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

Indeed! They are absurd. 

Nah let them bash on, especially on this thread it's ****ing hilarious reading 

10 minutes ago, Negan said:

He's only presented the facts. 

Once everyone is vaccinated I would agree with going back to normal. 

A good percentage of football fans will not yet be fully vaccinated because of their age. 

To allow unvaccinated people to mingle freely at football matches and fan zones is crazy. 

I'm amazed the SG are allowing fan zones. It goes all against their policies up till now. 

Wasn’t going to go but iv just booked my flights with a load of other boys,  got an apartment in Hackney 

14 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

By the way I, and others are not policing. Making points with facts that you for some reason disagree with is not policing. The only people that can police here are the mods. Let me guess, it’s not the ‘policing’ but the disagreeing with your point of view you have a problem with, right? So I’m sure when you disagree with people posting on a forum you always, without exception, just scroll on and never reply. Right?

😂😂 Jesus Christ man take some time to yourself. Some people are going for a good time with their mates. I also don’t   see any facts being posted either. 

if the government were that worried about it they would ban travel to other areas of the country like they did during lockdown 1, 2 and 3. 

Khan has also said don’t come unless you have a “safe place” to watch it. Is a pub not safe? 

If anything, your issue seems to be with the government. Folk going aren’t breaking any laws. 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Missing the point entirely I see. And where was the rioting exactly? From what I saw most wore masks. But the point is they knew the risks and thought the cause was important enough to march, because they see people getting actually killed simply for having a different colour of skin and the march highlighted to many what was an undercurrent of institutional racism - so the march raised awareness and highlighted issues that most of the population didn’t realise was going on or to that extent.

Going to London to watch TV and drink isn’t a cause. It’s a want. It’s realising what’s happening and just doing it anyway as it’s what you want. People didn’t WANT to march, it wasn’t a fun day out for them. They saw it as a necessity, in some cases literally life and death. I don’t care if you agree or not with the legitimacy of the protests, but to equate the two is either idiotic or purposely antagonistic.

I don't give a shit what their cause was. They shouldn't have been out on the streets in their thousands during a global pandemic when it was literally at its peak, deaths were through the roof, the NHS was on its knees and NOBODY had been vaccinated. 

As for where was the rioting? Open your eyes and do some research AWAY from the main street media. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

BackOfTheNet
19 minutes ago, speaker said:

😂😂 Jesus Christ man take some time to yourself. Some people are going for a good time with their mates. I also don’t   see any facts being posted either. 

if the government were that worried about it they would ban travel to other areas of the country like they did during lockdown 1, 2 and 3. 

Khan has also said don’t come unless you have a “safe place” to watch it. Is a pub not safe? 

If anything, your issue seems to be with the government. Folk going aren’t breaking any laws. 

The government advice is not to travel unless you have a ticket. Or did you just choose to ignore that bit? The government also said that although that travel is allowed they still don’t recommend travel unless essential and to avoid well populated areas. A pub in London will undoubtedly be a well populated area. Listen, go and knock yourself out, but when cases spike up again and the relaxed restrictions reverse then don’t act like it’s entirely the fault of the government.

12 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I don't give a shit what their cause was. They shouldn't have been out on the streets in their thousands during a global pandemic when it was literally at its peak and NOBODY had been vaccinated. 

As for where was the rioting? Open your eyes and do some research AWAY from the main street media. 

Main street media? By that I assume you’re meaning mainstream media? Or have you just saw MSM and assumed that’s what it is? Anyway, from that comment it’s evident there’s no point continuing discussion. I’ll let you go and watch the new GB News when it comes on as they report ‘fake news’ and spend hours on national television talking about how they have been silenced and cancelled and complain about ‘lefties’ and how they’ve ruined Brexit before you sink into you ‘naw means naw’ bedsheets. Have a good one.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The government advice is not to travel unless you have a ticket. Or did you just choose to ignore that bit? The government also said that although that travel is allowed they still don’t recommend travel unless essential and to avoid well populated areas. A pub in London will undoubtedly be a well populated area. Listen, go and knock yourself out, but when cases spike up again and the relaxed restrictions reverse then don’t act like it’s entirely the fault of the government.

Main street media? By that I assume you’re meaning mainstream media? Or have you just saw MSM and assumed that’s what it is? Anyway, from that comment it’s evident there’s no point continuing discussion. I’ll let you go and watch the new GB News when it comes on as they report ‘fake news’ and spend hours on national television talking about how they have been silenced and cancelled and complain about ‘lefties’ and how they’ve ruined Brexit before you sink into you ‘naw means naw’ bedsheets. Have a good one.

It's amazing that you can justify thousands being on the streets during a pandemic because it suits your agenda. 

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's amazing that you can justify thousands being on the streets during a pandemic because it suits your agenda. 

When did I justify it or even say I agreed with it? Find my post and quote where I’ve said that. (Hint: you can’t) I said that you can’t equate a mass protest and march sparked by a global movement and you wanting to go to London to get pished and watch the football, likely getting into fights with other punters. I don’t even understand the reasoning behind anyone wanting to travel to any other city to watch a football game in a pub. It’s weird behaviour to me anyway, but I’m not justifying anything, I’m not doing anything. I have no agenda here. (Wasn’t invited to the meeting as far as I’m aware) There are folk on the thread trying to justify things, but not me.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

When did I justify it or even say I agreed with it? Find my post and quote where I’ve said that. (Hint: you can’t) I said that you can’t equate a mass protest and march sparked by a global movement and you wanting to go to London to get pished and watch the football, likely getting into fights with other punters. I don’t even understand the reasoning behind anyone wanting to travel to any other city to watch a football game in a pub. It’s weird behaviour to me anyway, but I’m not justifying anything, I’m not doing anything. I have no agenda here. (Wasn’t invited to the meeting as far as I’m aware) There are folk on the thread trying to justify things, but not me.

You justified it alright, or at least tried to and failed miserably. 

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

You justified it alright, or at least tried to and failed miserably. 

My word. You live in your own little world and just see and hear what you want, don’t you? A certain Mark Twain quote comes to mind so I think I’ll just leave it there.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

When did I justify it or even say I agreed with it? Find my post and quote where I’ve said that. (Hint: you can’t) I said that you can equate a mass protest and march sparked by a global movement and you wanting to go to London to get pished and watch the football, likely getting into fights with other punters. I don’t even understand the reasoning behind anyone wanting to travel to any other city to watch a football game in a pub. It’s weird behaviour to me anyway, but I’m not justifying anything, I’m not doing anything. I have no agenda here. (Wasn’t invited to the meeting as far as I’m aware) There are folk on the thread trying to justify things, but not me.

The irony is, had there been no pandemic, there would have been no global movement as you call it.

I’m pretty sure of that going on previous instances in the States over the years.

Suppose we are veering wildly off track here so I’ll leave it at all mass gatherings have their risks. Demos, football, whatever.

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

My word. You live in your own little world and just see and hear what you want, don’t you? A certain Mark Twain quote comes to mind so I think I’ll just leave it there.

I live in the real world. You saw no problem with BLM marching when the pandemic was its height and we were in a national lockdown, but wet your knickers at a few football fans travelling to England to watch football when we're over the worst of the pandemic, 50 million will have been vaccinated and we're not in a lockdown. 

Aye, we'll leave it there.

Bluesy1874

6 of us going down Thursday return Saturday. cost less than. Pubs booked for when games are being played we want to watch.

Will do the touristy stuff when not in the pub. Canny wait. 

Bluesy1874
Just now, Bluesy1874 said:

6 of us going down Thursday return Saturday. cost was reasonable as booked it as soon as the last pen was saved. Pubs booked for when games are being played we want to watch.

Will do the touristy stuff when not in the pub. Canny wait. 

1 hour ago, Braminho said:

Wasn’t going to go but iv just booked my flights with a load of other boys,  got an apartment in Hackney 

Hope you have a stab proof vest.

Which is what I said all along.👍

It is obviously all that matters to you! Inferred all along!

2 hours ago, Negan said:

Carefully.....not stupidly!