London for the England game.

Negan

Is anyone going to London for the England game? If so, where are you all drinking if not actually at the game? Il be travelling from Plymouth as Im based there with work but keen to find out where other jambos are gonna be! 

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• i8hibsh

• BackOfTheNet

• Jambo61

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LarrysRightFoot

Not to sound like too much of a wet blanket but I’d follow the advice and not travel. 

August Landmesser

I'd stay in Plymouth if I were you, unless you have a ticket for the game.

Advice is not to travel unnecessarily, so I wouldn't travel unnecessarily.

Mental!

Imagine making a 400+ mile round trip to watch a football match on a screen during a pandemic, when all the public health advice urges you not to travel unless it's essential.

Yet I suspect there will be many hundreds, if not thousands, who will do exactly this and will be moaning like hell in a couple of months if their holiday plans have to be cancelled due to a spike in cases.

Sometimes I despair for the human race

hmfc_liam06
6 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Mental!

Imagine making a 400+ mile round trip to watch a football match on a screen during a pandemic, when all the public health advice urges you not to travel unless it's essential.

Yet I suspect there will be many hundreds, if not thousands, who will do exactly this and will be moaning like hell in a couple of months if their holiday plans have to be cancelled due to a spike in cases.

Agree, I just don't get it.

Every pub in the UK with a tele will be showing the game, I don't get the need to travel to London just to watch it in a pub. Just ****ing stay local.

My 21 year old son is going, despite our protests, tempted not to let him in until he has had 2 negative tests, 3 days apart, there are thousands going down I think

27 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Mental!

Im already in England. 

Forever Hearts

If you've had two jabs then I don't see the problem. If you haven't, then stay at home.  

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Anyone who travels to London to watch the match in a pub or wherever is utterly selfish.

Sadly the country is riddled with this type of person. 

True on both counts.

I can understand why 2 million Celtic fans went for a holiday in the sun to Seville with little or no hope of a ticket, but London, during covid?

Daft.

For the record I'm not going down and will just be watching at somebody's flat in Dunfermline with 3 or 4 mates. 

That said u can see why people are tempted. I was 9 during France 98 so obviously not old enough to go abroad or on the sesh for it 😂 This'll be the first tournament Scotland have qualified for in a lot of people's lifetimes and throw in the fact London is so close, it's a Derby...

Not saying it isn't selfish or that they should go but I get it tbh. Especially given there's finally something to look forward to after pushing 18 months of shite and restrictions. 

KyleLafferty

Why are people saying it’s selfish if they have a safe place today and pubs booked? What’s the difference going on holiday in England which we are encouraged to do 

48 million people vaccinated. All vulnerable and those at high risk with 2 doses. And the advice is not to travel. It does kind of beg the question.....what is the ****ing point in the vaccine?

Hope we go down in high numbers and you all have a blast, oh ..... and we beat them.

26 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

If you've had two jabs then I don't see the problem. If you haven't, then stay at home.  

Because it's not just about protecting the individual. With two vaccinations you can still catch, carry and transmit the virus. That could be to someone more vulnerable, and there are people in hospital with Covid who have had two jags. The Delta variant is up to 40% more transmissible. The more people move about, the more it will move about with them and we will see local spikes. Like investments, protection levels can go up as well as down and I don't think we are on a clear run to 'freedom day' as some are calling the 21st of June. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Daktari said:

Because it's not just about protecting the individual. With two vaccinations you can still catch, carry and transmit the virus. That could be to someone more vulnerable, and there are people in hospital with Covid who have had two jags. The Delta variant is up to 40% more transmissible. The more people move about, the more it will move about with them and we will see local spikes. Like investments, protection levels can go up as well as down and I don't think we are on a clear run to 'freedom day' as some are calling the 21st of June. 

So what's the point in getting two jabs if you can't go anywhere? 🤔

Robbo-Jambo
3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Why are people saying it’s selfish if they have a safe place today and pubs booked? What’s the difference going on holiday in England which we are encouraged to do 

Imagine when a goal goes in and there has been loads of alcohol consumed.

Social distancing will soon disappear when that happens and folk are leaping all over each other.

Wee bit different from a holiday down south imo.

KyleLafferty
7 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Social distancing will soon disappear when that happens and folk are leaping all over each other.

Have you kept to the rules 100% this whole time? 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Carnage will ensue.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

:spoton:

However people will travel, mix and then go back home with the inevitable consequences. 

Then moan about further Lockdowns or restrictions. 

mellors1874

Heading down next Thursday 

Stadium tour booked for Tottenham on the Friday 

Pub near kings cross for the match back up saturday

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Wait until the 3rd goes in on 60 minutes to complete the humiliation of Engerlund! 

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Good post, Daktari. 

It's staggering the number of people who do not understand, or simply choose to ignore, the fact that the virus can still be caught and transmitted even if you have been vaccinated.

I have had both jabs and feel more confident now with regards to going out for a drink/meal but I am aware of what is going on around me. 

So what's the point of being vaccinated if we can't go anywhere? 🤔

Gorgieshed

I'm going down. Hyde Park and Cavendish Square is where most Scots are congregating. 

For all those who think it's 'selfish'. U aren't actually breaking any laws by travelling there or if u have booked in to places to eat/drink. There have been mass gatherings all over the UK, including Hampden next week.

Not getting into politics on here. I hope u enjoy the game wherever u end up.

Gordon Ramsay

Was going to go but group of us going to my mates garden now instead. 

Cheaper, less effort and probably safer. 

Too much faffing about that we can't be arsed with. 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Anyone who travels to London to watch the match in a pub or wherever is utterly selfish.

Sadly the country is riddled with this type of person. 

By that rationale, anyone holidaying in the UK is utterly selfish? 

A few days away for a city break is perfectly acceptable. I even heard an advert on the radio last week advertising London as a destination 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Who said anything about not going anywhere ? We go to plenty of places but we adhere to the guidelines. Living in a small town in Central Scotland is easier than living in a big city but we are out and about a lot, but we don't go to crowded places these days. Our lifestyle is quieter now that we no longer work. 

I do feel for those who used to have a busy social life for sure. 

Well we're being advised not to travel to London. I'm asking you what the problem is if you've had two jabs and adhere to the rules whilst there? 

9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

So what's the point of being vaccinated if we can't go anywhere? 🤔

It is unlikely YOU die or are Hospitalised, but YOU could take someone innocent down!

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Not the case. I am talking about people going to London to congregate in large numbers. We both know that will happen, as it will in the fans zones. There will be further spikes, for sure. 

I would love it if it was safe for thousands to travel and have a great time; I did it myself on many football trips both home and abroad and had a great time. 

It's just not safe to congregate at this time. That's my main point really.

We're going down Thursday to Sunday and booked into pubs every day.  

Auld Reekin'
14 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Was going to go but group of us going to my mates garden now instead. 

Cheaper, less effort and probably safer. 

Too much faffing about that we can't be arsed with. 

Sounds like the correct answer to me.  :icon14:

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

It is unlikely YOU die or are Hospitalised, but YOU could take someone innocent down!

Well the person who I COULD take down SHOULDN'T be out and mingling in crowds if they HAVEN'T been VACCINATED. 

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Don't be so naiive, FH. You know as well as I do that many going will not adhere to the rules. 

Get a few beers in, the game starts, Scotland score and hugs all round with total strangers.

No, sorry. I'm sick of all this over cautious nonsense. If you've been jabbed twice there is no reason whatsoever that you shouldn't be able to go down and enjoy yourself. That was the whole point of the vaccination programme, to get the country/industries/hospitality up and running again.  

Edited by Forever Hearts

17 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

But if you have been vaccinated how can you take someone else down?

52 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Football and social distancing doesn’t work. When Leicester scored the other week, there were guys all over the shop ! That’s in the ground !

Enjoy yourselves, it’s about time we did. 

The only reason I’m not travelling is that I’ve never done so unless I have a ticket (bar one time in Amsterdam but I was 75/25 sure I was getting a ticket, which I did).

Selfishness? The jags seem to be working and Covid has probably been relegated to the Lowland League Second Division in terms of deaths over the last few months, it’s about time the public got out there and started living again. 

18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

But if you have been vaccinated how can you take someone else down?

Do you seriously not know, that even after both vaccinations you can still transmit the virus to someone else?

2 hours ago, Negan said:

Im already in England. 

You said in your opening post you were in Plymouth. Plymouth to London is 200 miles+ so it's a 400+ mile round trip (or do you think that doesn't matter cos you're not leaving England?)

10 minutes ago, lou said:

Do you seriously not know, that even after both vaccinations you can still transmit the virus to someone else?

Not going to use this thread for yet another covid discusison.  I see it very differently to you, as many hundreds of millions also do.

All I will say is we need to as a people draw a line and start living.  There are just simply FAR more serious shit out there than this very bad flu that just under 100% survive and most of them do not even know they have it.

It has been 16 months now - enough already.  There will be close to 50M vaccinated in this country by the time of the England Scotland game - now is the time to start living with it.

Edited by i8hibsh

4 minutes ago, Musemic said:

You said in your opening post you were in Plymouth. Plymouth to London is 200 miles+ so it's a 400+ mile round trip (or do you think that doesn't matter cos you're not leaving England?)

It doesnt matter because im not breaking any laws. Fully vaccinated.

11 hours ago, Negan said:

Is anyone going to London for the England game? If so, where are you all drinking if not actually at the game? Il be travelling from Plymouth as Im based there with work but keen to find out where other jambos are gonna be! 

I pre-booked a hotel with a few lads from the work, but because we missed out on tickets we decided to cancel and just make a day/weekend of it here. Fanzones etc are going to be strict and with so many restrictions still in place, it'll not be much fun.

Shame because in normal circumstances it would've been outstanding down there.

Also, may I add, if people are getting vaccinated but still cant travel, then whats the point in being vaccinated at all? We wont be progressing would we?

RustyRightPeg

We booked accommodation the night we qualified thinking 8/9 months down the line we’d be fine, however February March time we all bailed.

the cost is what has put me off most now hearing how much folk have reserved bevy for in pubs down there. £50 odd quid for 5 bottles of beer, scandalous. 

Hope everyone has a good time mind you but the repercussions mainly down to the way Scottish football is portrayed by Govt. up here could be 2/3 months of extra restriction. 

1 minute ago, Negan said:

Also, may I add, if people are getting vaccinated but still cant travel, then whats the point in being vaccinated at all? We wont be progressing would we?

Definitely.

I can understand people still being a bit apprehensive, but the vaccine is there so we can get back to some sort of normality, so why keep all the restrictictions in place? Seems a bit odd. We won't know how good the vaccine is if we can't mingle the way we used to.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, DG_HMFC said:

Definitely.

I can understand people still being a bit apprehensive, but the vaccine is there so we can get back to some sort of normality, so why keep all the restrictictions in place? Seems a bit odd. We won't know how good the vaccine is if we can't mingle the way we used to.

At risk of making it another covid fest I agree whole heartedly. Any backwards step goes against the escape route we’re putting trust in, isn’t sitting with me well at all. We have less freedom than we did last summer with no vaccine, it’s all becoming too scientific.

4 minutes ago, Negan said:

These people are the reason so many poeple are still refusing to be vaccinated.  They look around and see people still wearing masks and not living their lives - there is a big "what the **** is the point" question being asked and quite frankly I don't blame them.

There are risks involved in the vaccine, to me it is a risk worth taking if we can get back on track but we are now at the stage where our elderly and most vulnerable are fully jabbed and we are no further forward.

Dennis Reynolds
8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

We booked accommodation the night we qualified thinking 8/9 months down the line we’d be fine, however February March time we all bailed.

the cost is what has put me off most now hearing how much folk have reserved bevy for in pubs down there. £50 odd quid for 5 bottles of beer, scandalous. 

Hope everyone has a good time mind you but the repercussions mainly down to the way Scottish football is portrayed by Govt. up here could be 2/3 months of extra restriction. 

Pretty much the same as me. Cancelled the accommodation last month as travelling costs plus trying to get reservations at pubs was just becoming a pain. 

The thought of spending £400/£500 odd quid on accommodation and travel to then sit in a pub to watch the game seemed pointless.

I'm sure it'll be a good laugh down there and part of me is a bit jealous (went down for the previous game at Wembley and spent all day in Trafalgar Square!) but we managed to sort out fanzone/pub bookings for up here so doubt I'll miss much. Still got the day off so planning an early one 🍻

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Jesus wept. :phface:

You are either at it or more ignorant than I thought.

So most adults have been vaccinated in the UK and you are still worried about a serious cold? But I am the ignorant one?

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

So most adults have been vaccinated in the UK and you are still worried about a serious cold? But I am the ignorant one?

I would bet a high number of Fans traveling will not have even had their first vaccine, once everyone who wishes to be vaccinated has been fully, I agree it's time to open things back up but until then we are putting people at risk