Bundesliga Star was forced by agent to lie about his name and age

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

Saw this story earlier today and it is pretty crazy and also shows how shady some agents are.

Stuttgart's Silas Katompa Mvumpa (formerly known as Silas Wamanngituka) went to Belgium aged 17 to go on a trial for Anderlecht. An agent pressured him to move to Paris, then made him change his name and made his age a year younger then it was. The agent forged papers to match up with the false name and age. The agent took a chunk of his wages and threatened the player by making out if it came out in public he would never play again.

He since signed for Stuttgart and they have helped fix this where they were able to get the correct documents and passport for the player and he is one of the best young players in the Bundesliga. 

But it is sad there are all these agents who prey on young players like this.

https://theathletic.com/news/silas-wamangituka-stuttgart-agent-name-age/9WUAkkg1mTAI 

Obvious thing for me to say but it's not just footballers that get preyed on like that. There are a lot of vile weasels only too willing to manipulate and exploit people to satisfy their own greed. Scum. 

The Gorgie

Mind when Lazio signed that 17 year old... The guy looked in his 40s 😂. The agent had some wizardry black magic shit to get that deal done.

vegas-voss

Who was/is the young guy at Dortmund that looked about 30 but was only 14 or 15 a few years ago.Not heard of him after the huge hype he had.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Who was/is the young guy at Dortmund that looked about 30 but was only 14 or 15 a few years ago.Not heard of him after the huge hype he had.

Think that is Youssoufa Moukoko. Made his debut this season aged 16 and 1 day (obviously making him the youngest player to play in the Bundesliga and has scored making him the youngest ever goal scorer at 16 years and 28 days.)

vegas-voss
27 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Think that is Youssoufa Moukoko. Made his debut this season aged 16 and 1 day (obviously making him the youngest player to play in the Bundesliga and has scored making him the youngest ever goal scorer at 16 years and 28 days.)

Thanks couldn't remember the name at all.

31 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Played in the champions league too

33 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Thanks couldn't remember the name at all.

You sure that's the guy you're thinking of? 

G-mannschaft-Moukoko_bvbnachrichtenbild_

1200147593.jpeg

He looks older than 16, but definitely not about 30 :lol:

vegas-voss
23 minutes ago, tian447 said:

You sure that's the guy you're thinking of? 

G-mannschaft-Moukoko_bvbnachrichtenbild_

1200147593.jpeg

He looks older than 16, but definitely not about 30 :lol:

He looked huge for his age at 14.Hadnt seen or heard much of him since I first read about him

35 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Larry Kingston? Surely older than he claimed

I remember the story coming out about his name being incorrect, his real surname is Kingson but some agent/club filed his name incorrectly and he changed it to fit it because of deadlines was how it went or something close to that, all very dogedy looking back now.

Niemi’s gloves
34 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

I remember the story coming out about his name being incorrect, his real surname is Kingson but some agent/club filed his name incorrectly and he changed it to fit it because of deadlines was how it went or something close to that, all very dogedy looking back now.

I think it was his brother Richard Kingson (who played not very well in goal for Blackpool in their one season in the English premier) who had the irregular name. Kingston was the correct version. 

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Callum Paterson?

PhoenixHearts

Agents are parasites. I understand that young players need help with a lot of the off field stuff, but I've no time for these chancers who are justing looking to cash in off someone else's hard work and talent.

vegas-voss
2 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Agents are parasites. I understand that young players need help with a lot of the off field stuff, but I've no time for these chancers who are justing looking to cash in off someone else's hard work and talent.

Brutal how young players are treated in Africa and then there is South America where they are virtually owned by the agents.Just poor kids desperate for a break

This is just another example of the price you pay (forgive the pun) when you hand over society - and its assets - lock, stock and barrel to the loving care of the global financial market place.

We need a counterweight to this gangsters paradise.

I mean, Arabic Oil Barons own Man City, FFS!

'...the majority stake owned by the Abu Dhabi United Group a smaller consortium of owners from the United States and China who collectively own 24%.' (Wikipedia)

I despair.

Edited by MCW1976

Lying about your age, you say. These dudes are still in their 20s. :whistling