The Silencers Letter from St Paul

Deodato

#latetotheparty

Why, oh why, has it taken till June 2021 to recognise the Silencers Letter of St Paul as one of the greatest albums in Scottish rock history. I am literally hooked on every single tune - all killer, no filler. I mean this band have got it - rhythm rock, playing off one another - songs that write themselves as they are so tight. 

Did anyone see them live? 

More over is anyone going to see them live this summer in Linlithgow lockdown permitting? 

Edited by Deodato

been here before

Great album, one of my favourites. Still got the original vinyl in the loft. A pricey album to get your mitts on these days.

Still listen to it a fair bit, last time was just a couple of weeks ago. Gods Gift is a tune and the title track in the form of a letter is unusual but also excellent.

Their subsequent albums were nowhere near it though both A Blues for Budha and Dance To The Holy Man did have their moments.

Might chuck it on later.

Edited by been here before

the general

Saw them a few times and met them a few times too

Managed by Bruce Findlay iirc and Celtic fans

Good guys though

The Mighty Thor

Saw them at the Cav many many years ago. They also supported Simple Minds with Texas at Meadowbank in the late 80s.

I still listen to a Blues for Bhudda a lot.

Scottish rain is a great track with a brilliant bass hook. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I saw them at Meadowbank and the Network. Haven't actually listened to them in years, but they were excellent.

Carl Fredrickson

Saw them support the Alarm mid/late 80s at the Playhouse. Great band and it was a time when Scotland produced a lot of great bands.